Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2009, 11:44 PM
Ultimate Fan

TSLOTAT S&S #4: Because Anne is a woman on the verge!

New Episodes Begin: January 5th, 2009

Welcome to the new and improved 'Secret Life of the American Teenager' spoilers & speculation board!My co-mod, Augusta, got the green light to start up a new thread so we hope you all enjoy it. One thing that I do really want to stress: We all have different views and opinions so we might not always agree. If we could keep things civil and respect each other then that would be great. I probably don't have to tell you guys that because you all are great but it never hurts just as a precaution of sorts.

Season 1|| General Info

“American Teenager,” which became one of this summer’s break-out hits, offers up 12 all-new episodes and will pick up from the mid-season finale. In the second half of the season, fans will see Amy (Shailene Woodley) and Ben’s (Ken Baumann) wedding, Amy’s discovery of her baby’s gender, Anne (Molly Ringwald) telling George (Mark Derwin) about wanting a divorce, Ricky (Darren Kagasoff) continuing his rascally ways with Adrian (Francia Raisa) and Grace (Megan Park) and the arrival of Ricky’s abusive father.
{from Secret Life Source}

[Jason] Priestley is also in the midst of directing his fourth of five episodes of Secret Life, set to return Jan. 5. He promises that while Ben and Amy get married, it doesn't necessarily mean Amy has broken things off completely with Ricky, the father of her baby. Not that Priestley gave too much away.

"There's a — ohhh man. Gotta pretty tight-lipped about all this Secret Life stuff," he said. "Ben and Amy go through with their wedding but then obviously.... Amy and Ricky try to... Amy and Ricky sort of... This is tough, I'm gonna get in trouble if I tell you too much."

Is there early marital trouble?

"Things don't go as planned," Priestley said. "Let me put it to you that way."
{from TV Guide Website}

Upcoming Episodes:

Episode 1.17- "Unforgiven"
(February 9, 2009)

Ben tells Amy he needs space; Amy's parents interview potential adoptive parents for the baby.

Episode 1.18- "Making up is Hard to Do"
(February 16, 2009)

Ricky tries to sabotage the adoption; Ashley attempts to convince Ben to return to Amy.

Episode 1.19- "Money for Nothing Chicks for Free"
(February 23, 2009)

Anne receives a potential job offer; Adrian tries to change her style; Jack raises money for underprivileged children.

Episode 1.20- "Maybe Baby"

Amy's friends devise a plan to help her make a decision about the baby.

Sides:
Amy/Claire

Episode 1.21- "Whoomp (There it is)"

Adrian and Grace plan Amy's baby shower; Jack and Grace share a moment.

Sides:
Duncan, Mrs. Ortiz/Amy, Mrs. Ortiz/Grace/Anne
Grace/Virginia/Virgina's Mother

Episode 1.22- "One Night at Band Camp"

Amy prepares for labor and recalls when she first met Ricky.

Sides:
George/Ashley, George/Ballet Teacher, Ashley/Ricky
Ricky/Amy, Amy/Band Camp Girl

Grace/Ben, Driver/Ben/Henry/Alice
Amy/Ricky/Gail
Ben/Henry/Alice/Nurse, Henry/Alice

Episode 1.23- "And Unto Us, a Child Is Born"

Amy has a hard time making the transition to motherhood; George and Ashley move out.

Couple and Character Related Info:

[Ben/Amy]

-"There's a big shocker between Ben and Amy," Francia Raisa hints. "Just remember, Ben kept insisting on Amy marrying him, and she might actually do it. That's all I'm saying!"

-Ben/Amy go through with a secret wedding.

-There is trouble early on for them, however: "Things don't go as planned," Jason Priestley said. "Let me put it to you that way."

[Ricky/Amy]

- Jason Priestley promises that while Ben and Amy get married, it doesn't necessarily mean Amy has broken things off completely with Ricky: "Amy and Ricky try to... Amy and Ricky sort of... This is tough, I'm gonna get in trouble if I tell you too much."

- One of the episodes is titled "One Night At Band Camp (I think we can all pretty much guess what this one is about)

[Ricky/Adrian]

-Ricky (Darren Kagasoff) continuing his rascally ways with Adrian (Francia Raisa) and Grace (Megan Park).

[Grace/Ricky]

-Ricky (Darren Kagasoff) continuing his rascally ways with Adrian (Francia Raisa) and Grace (Megan Park)

[Jack/Alice]

-These two will find themselves in a heated kiss

Character Related Info:

Amy- Amy will find herself a married woman straight off at the beginning of the second half of the season. Amy finds out what her baby's gender is and it appears as if she decides to keep the baby (see sneak peek promo 2).

Amy will have 3 months left till the baby is born.

The gender of Amy's baby is a boy.

Ricky- Ricky will start off continuing his womanizing ways, with Adrian and Grace. He must deal with the arrival of his "abusive father" also sometime this season.

Ricky and Ben will be working together at Mr. Boykewich's business.

Ricky will tell Ben that he wants Amy to keep the baby.

Ricky is planning to undergo a complete transformation in the recently taped season two

"You'll get to see him change during the second season, and definately see a true human in him, seeing as he has no respect for anybody or seems to not take any responsibility."

Ricky and Ashley will have a scene together (possibly more)

Ricky promises Ashley that he will help with the baby and that he's gonna be a father to his son

Adrian- We will be seeing more of Adrian's backstory his second half! "Just remember, my character said in the first episode, 'No one ever takes advantage of me,' so really think about that line...."

There will also be more story involving her estranged father, Ruben: "There's a bunch of drama going on with my [character's] dad," Francia says, "so there's more about that."

Grace- She will try to convince herself that Ricky is in love with her.

She will be praying for Amy when Amy goes into labor/

Ben- Ben will find himself a married man at the beginning of the second half of the season. He will also be working along side Ricky Underwood at his father's business.

Mr. Molina- We will see the introduction of Mr. Molina's wife, Virginia, whom we can strongly believe is pregnant

General Season 1 Promos

New Season: Exclusive First Look

Cast Pics:

Fifth Harmony! Girl group who are going to take over the world.

Last edited by BrookeDavisFan; 02-05-2009 at 05:52 PM
Old 01-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

Post Away!
Old 01-27-2009, 12:07 AM
Absolute Fan

Just watched the episode and all i have to say is WOW!
seriously the best episode to date!! phenominal acting by Daren (ricky).
I can not wait till next weeks episode!!
this show just gets better and better!!
Old 01-27-2009, 12:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yay! new thread! So, I think that maybe someone needs to add to the spoilers that Brenda Hampton said that Amy was keeping the baby? I don't know how these things work, who verifies but if you want I can get the article....Ill get the link.... Hampton basically says that viewers can deduce that amy will keep the baby because, "if she didn't there wouldn't be much of a series."
Old 01-27-2009, 12:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Here it is:

Rants & Reviews - Interview: Brenda Hampton on Putting the Secret Life in ABC Family's "Teenager" | TheFutonCritic.com

I think it really confirms what amy is going to do. I mean, things can change (after all Molly is cooking twins ) but I think its safe to say this is pretty legit!
Old 01-27-2009, 06:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

I just finished watching the episode and OMG I get SO frustrated with Ben, Amy's mom and the fact that absolutely nothing is happening between Amy and Ricky...

Man, I just wanted to smack Ben ove the head a few times. He is SO selfish! He is not being supportive he's (as usual) just being annoying!
And although I thought Amy's mom did a good thing with Ricky's dad, I just think that she is pushing for adoption too hard!

Then I watched the promos for next week and Ricky is telling Ben to come to Amy's house to be a part of the decisionmaking! What??? Why? Just tell him to piss of it's non of his business! He is a 15 year old boy!

I'm sorry I just had to get that off my chest
Old 01-27-2009, 06:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Oh, and thanks for the new thread!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyStyle (View Post)
I just finished watching the episode and OMG I get SO frustrated with Ben, Amy's mom and the fact that absolutely nothing is happening between Amy and Ricky...
Nothing is happening between Amy and Ricky yet. We will get our time we just have to be patient.. They are building these two up so that their relationship can be more real than Amy/Ben and Ricky/Grace.. They are actually trying to build feelings and Ricky/Amy is going to fight them.

Quote:
Man, I just wanted to smack Ben ove the head a few times. He is SO selfish! He is not being supportive he's (as usual) just being annoying!
And although I thought Amy's mom did a good thing with Ricky's dad, I just think that she is pushing for adoption too hard!
You and me both.. I have a little brother named Ben and when Ben was whining to Amy, my little brother Ben was whining at the same time.. I'm like I got two Bens talking and they are both annoying.. Ben (the character ) needs to chillax and let Amy do it by herself.. I like what Ben's dad told him. He hasn't seen her naked, hadn't made love to her, and he isn't as welcome with the personal issues with Amy. Ben has no ties to Amy accept that he is her 'boyfriend'..

Anne pushing the adoption is hard, but she is trying to get Amy to see that a loving family can raise the baby. She is trying to get Amy to at least consider her options, but we know that Amy is going to keep the baby anyway so I'm not worried about it.

Quote:
Then I watched the promos for next week and Ricky is telling Ben to come to Amy's house to be a part of the decisionmaking! What??? Why? Just tell him to piss of it's non of his business! He is a 15 year old boy!
Ricky has a plan.. He invited Ben for a reason. Him telling Ben if he is going to let Amy decide stuff for him all the time was just his mechanism to get Ben over there to Amy's.. The reason I think that Ricky invited him was to show him reality.
Was to show him that he is not needed or wanted in the decision making process. Ricky wants to make Ben realize that he is the father and not Ben.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Loyal Fan

New Thread, I Love The Title.

Last nights epi was so intense, and when Amy was making the tape for her baby was just blown away. Still wonder what she gonna name him. Why do they keep torching just we want to see more Amy/Ricky scenes.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

They keep torturing us because they (writers) know that we know that Ricky and Amy are endgame..lol With us knowing that, they are buying sometime with these other couples that we have no interest in while building up Amy and Ricky so they can have a strong and lasting foundation for their relationship..
Old 01-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Passionate Fan

In the sneak peek with Ricky and Ben, Ben frustrates me so much. He has no right to try and put the three of them in a room to talk. "She's my Amy" "I want to be apart of the decision making". Just go somewhere Ben!!! lol I can't wait to see Amy get mad when he comes over to her house. We all know Ricky didn't invited him just to be involved in the decision making
Old 01-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Okay so I totally have no self control, I had to watch all these sneak peeks.. lol

I noticed that Ricky is wearing the same thing when he smiles at Amy that he's wearing when Adrian says "That doesn't mean you should be with Amy" Whoa! Is this all going to happen next episode?
Old 01-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megz_411 (View Post)
Okay so I totally have no self control, I had to watch all these sneak peeks.. lol

I noticed that Ricky is wearing the same thing when he smiles at Amy that he's wearing when Adrian says "That doesn't mean you should be with Amy" Whoa! Is this all going to happen next episode?

I believe so. It could be the next day at school after their talk..
Old 01-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMYfan23 (View Post)
Welllllllll something has to happen during Ricky & Amy's talk then, if their smiling at each other and Ricky thinks he should be with Amy. Ohhhh mann
Old 01-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMYfan23 (View Post)
I think it's the next day at school too, because in the sneak peeks it's mostly the first 10-15 minutes. Ricky was in school and he was wearing a different outfit, so it should be the next day.

Do you think Ricky heard when Ben said, "I don't want him near my Amy." (Which I don't like how he uses it, because it sounds more possessive than romantic.) And that's why he got so mad at Ben?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread