Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

True Blood S&S Thread #34: Fangs out, truebies. True Blood Season 7 is coming to HBO in 2014.

True Blood
Season 6 Premieres Sunday, June 16th on HBO

Season 6 Promo

Episodes

Episode 6.01 - “Who Are You, Really?”
Bill’s bloody reincarnation ushers in a new era for vampires, faeries and humans alike. (Written by Raelle Tucker; directed by Stephen Moyer.) Playdates: June 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20

Episode 6.02 - The Sun
Sookie meets a handsome stranger; Eric takes on the governor; Bill contemplates his new powers. (Written by Angela Robinson; directed by Dan Attias.) Playdates: June 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27

Episode 6.03 - You’re No Good
Bill looks for a solution to an impending catastrophe; Eric takes a hostage, while Sam tries to recover one. (Written by Mark Hudis; directed by Howard Deutch.) Playdate: June 30

Photos

True Blood - Season 6 - Promotional Photos

Old 08-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread .
Old 08-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new one!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 08-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Sooooo...... Mixed feelings about the finale. Glad the Warlow story is over and didn't spill over into the next season and that Sookie isn't pregnant cause that would've been a damn mess, and I liked the time jump it was necessary. Though I know the character gets bashed frequently on here, lol I'm glad Sookie and Alcide are together. Ever since season 3 I kinda wanted that happen, despite how toxic Sookie is..... And though I thought this was gonna be the season for Eric/Sookie in the beginning and I was prepared for it, I'm somewhat pleased that i didnt, tho it wouldve been a good time to explore their relationship better. Now with the negative... Wtf with Eric! He just can't be dead, and if he is that was a terrible way to end him. Hopefully he got some last minute sense and dashed into that shade that was RIGHT NEXT TO HIM! Smh.... Hated that part. And tho it wasn't huge in the finale, Sam's pregnant gf.... Really wasnt expecting she'd make it past the finale.... But I'm assuming with the hep v vamp horde she's gonna be taken out instantly and brutally, and of course that'll provide a ton of angst for Sam and hopefully that'll lead him to leave town and the show cause be honestly has NO purpose whatsoever anymore on here. I'm glad they got Hoyt out before he became another Sam or Alcide cause.... Jeez. Anyway, I'm sure they're propping up for a bill/Sookie reunion next season, but really I just want him out of her life and vice versa, ever since the incidents back in s3 I never liked him or Sookie's character ever the same. And as for Jason's new vamp gf.... I really don't see where they're gonna go like at all, she'll prolly get killed off too and I wouldn't mind it, I just don't want him back with Jess. Lol at the thought that being some weird twisted/warped abusive relationship.... But we shall see where that goes. Overall it wasn't a terrible season, but it wasn't great either (s4 will always be the worse to me) I'm just hoping this show gets back to its roots like they promised in the next season and it's all about Bon Temp.
"When I created Buffy, I wanted to create a female icon, but I also wanted to be very careful to surround her with men that not only have no problem with the idea of a female leader, but were in fact engaged and even attracted to the idea." - Joss Whedon
Old 08-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Addicted Fan

I hate that Eric is potentially dead. I really don't mind that Sookie is with Alcide. I actually wanted them to be together at one point as well. However, they rushed it. There was absolutely no build up, which is usually bad news in tv couple land. USUALLY. I'm guessing Sookie will be with Bill in the end, which I can't say I'm too excited about. Sookie should ultimately be alone, imo.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:36 PM
Loyal Fan

I can't believe they kill Eric. I think Pam will find a way to save him. If Liltih's blood could save Bill, then I'm sure that there is something that can save Eric.

I use to like Warlow,and I was one of the people who was rooting for him and Sookie to get together. But than Warlow turn into a complete Jerk. I wonder if he is really dead? I mean he has been around for 6000 years, it seem like a awful long time for someone to live, and to die so damn easily. Which makes me question if his story is truly over? Was he suppose to help get rid of Lilith?

What about the Zombie vampires, do you think Tara might have been infected?
Old 08-18-2013, 11:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon's secret (View Post)
I can't believe they kill Eric. I think Pam will find a way to save him. If Liltih's blood could save Bill, then I'm sure that there is something that can save Eric.

I use to like Warlow,and I was one of the people who was rooting for him and Sookie to get together. But than Warlow turn into a complete Jerk. I wonder if he is really dead? I mean he has been around for 6000 years, it seem like a awful long time for someone to live, and to die so damn easily. Which makes me question if his story is truly over? Was he suppose to help get rid of Lilith?

What about the Zombie vampires, do you think Tara might have been infected?
I'm not buying it either. I don't think Eric would just shoot off on a mountaintop and then die, he'd have to be aware of what was going to happen. He himself said Bill's blood only last temporarily, so what he just went up and expected not to die. Maybe he's infected and that's why he choose that.

I do like where the season ended. I like the new threat of the Hep V. In earlier seasons it mentioned how bad Hep V is for vampires, so I like that they incorporated that. I thought the Hep V vampires died though, it's odd as to why they'd need pairings if it several weakened them and then they died.

Not too found of Sookie, Alcide, but I'll take it. Happy that Warlow's gone, that was a waste of about 7 out of 10 episodes. I liked where the season ended up. I hope next season now that there isn't so much going on they can get back the show's quality.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:10 AM
Elite Fan

If Eric is dead I won't be watching because he (along with Pam and a few others) were the saving grace for this show (for me).

That being said (and assuming that Eric is going to survive) I'm not too happy with the finale anyway. Warlow was completely stupid and had no purpose to the show other than to allow the vamps to walk in the sun for a little while. It made no difference to me if he lived or died.

Alcide and Sookie? I just don't care all that much. Let them be together since Alcide had been completely kept away from everyone else for the past few seasons.

Jason and Violet were funny. I mean she managed to get Jason to keep it in his pants for 6 months - that's pretty awesome .

I'm glad that Jessica has tried to make things right for Andy and his daughter. I'm happy that they didn't just let her sweep her guilt under the rug, but allowed her to show how affected she is by what she's done.

That's about all I can manage to think about since I just finished the episode.

I hope the zombie!vamps kill Willa in the first part of season 7 so then we can see if Eric shows up from feeling her death or not.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:10 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmbacon (View Post)
If Eric is dead I won't be watching because he (along with Pam and a few others) were the saving grace for this show (for me).
Yup, you're right. And I agree, the episode just didn't do it for me. I'm definitely not watching next season, though, with or without Eric.. Especially since I cannot believe that Bill is still alive and is going to 'protect' Sookie. My dislike for Bill trumps my love for Eric and the others..
Old 08-19-2013, 08:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtedegrasi (View Post)
I'm not buying it either. I don't think Eric would just shoot off on a mountaintop and then die, he'd have to be aware of what was going to happen. He himself said Bill's blood only last temporarily, so what he just went up and expected not to die. Maybe he's infected and that's why he choose that.

I do like where the season ended. I like the new threat of the Hep V. In earlier seasons it mentioned how bad Hep V is for vampires, so I like that they incorporated that. I thought the Hep V vampires died though, it's odd as to why they'd need pairings if it several weakened them and then they died.

Not too found of Sookie, Alcide, but I'll take it. Happy that Warlow's gone, that was a waste of about 7 out of 10 episodes. I liked where the season ended up. I hope next season now that there isn't so much going on they can get back the show's quality.

I'm not to fond of Sookie and Alcide. I feel that that shipped had sailed a long time ago.

I truly feel that the show was going in one direction,and decide to switch and go into another direction midstream. The entire season seem disjointed.

What happen to "Only Warlow can kill Lilith? Warlow was over 6000 years old, and in that time he didn't speak,talk,or make friends with anyone?...Was Warlow a virgin before he got with Sookie?

Bill was able to get rid of Lilith by telling her that he wasn't coming with her. Eric start to burn,and he doesn't try to dig a hole in the snow?
Old 08-20-2013, 01:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLouMoriarty (View Post)
Yup, you're right. And I agree, the episode just didn't do it for me. I'm definitely not watching next season, though, with or without Eric.. Especially since I cannot believe that Bill is still alive and is going to 'protect' Sookie. My dislike for Bill trumps my love for Eric and the others..
I can't stand Bill either. I mean the guy is the biggest d-bag in the world and he couldn't burst into flames while writing his stupid book on being a god?! Captain D-bag still alive while Eric is on top of a mountain potentially in ashes?! Ugh my hate fire has been fueld again.

Damon's secret in Warlow's flashback he and Lilith had sex before she turned him so no he wasn't a virgin...just a dick.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:49 AM
Absolute Fan

That season finale looked like someone's (bad) dream. Sookie? geeez...maybe?
Sorry, it was too much of a mess for me to even believed everything happened.

I don't mind Sookie/Alcide, in fact, I don't mind any pairing of Sookie/other important characters (Bill, Sam,Eric...) but Warlow was unnecessary. Enough characters already!
...BUT: Maybe Sookie could have stayed SINGLE for awhile? WHY oh WHY in this show they can't keep their characters SINGLE? You know, in RL single people EXISTS, I'm sure they could exists in TB, why not? The worst being Sam getting over Luna in a nanosecond.
...and while we are at it, why are they underusing Sam like that!?!?! I liked Sam when he was fighting the maenad. Sam can change in any form he likes, he could be a very implicated, important, interesting character...but yet, they make him have boring parallel stories...and now he's a mayor with a very-pregnant gf!?!?!
As for Eric, I don't think he's dead. But the naked-burning scene was...pfff...ridiculous. They could have fake-kill-him another way.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:54 AM
Master Fan

And the way he just stared at himself burning for a while before even trying to stand up? everyone else felt the "power" of Warlow leaving them but not him?
Old 08-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^No one else was outside.
rearview mirror — it’s in the past, it’s behind her. He’s still running.
He’s in the same running outfit he wore in the pilot.”
Old 08-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

So we got an answer to the Eric "cliffhanger"

True Blood's Latest Casting News Reveals Eric's Fate - True Blood Community - TV.com
Closed Thread   Post New Thread