Master Fan

Switched at Birth S&S #35: Bracing the Waves of Season 4

Welcome to the 35th Thread for 'Switched At Birth'

Switched at Birth, a veteran drama airing on ABC Family,
is about two teenage girls who discover that they were accidentally
switched as newborns in the hospital. Bay Kennish grew up in a wealthy
family with two parents and a brother, while Daphne Vasquez, who
lost her hearing at an early age due to a case of meningitis, grew up
with a single mother and grandmother in a working-class neighborhood.
Things come to a dramatic head when both families meet and struggle
to learn how to live together for the sake of the girls.

SEASON FOUR

Switched At Birth is renewed for a FOURTH season

ABC Family Renews Switched At Birth for Season 4

Season 4-A will begin airing TUESDAY, January 6th, 2015, at 9 PM

Characters/Cast:.

Daphne Vasquez________________________________Bay Kennish
Katie Leclerc __________________________________Vanessa Marano

Regina Vasquez___________________________Kathryn Kennish
Constance Marie___________________________Lea Thompson

Toby Kennish_______________________________John Kennish
Lucas Grabeel_______________________________D.W. Moffett

Emmett Bledsoe
Sean Berdy

2011 Teen Choice Awards Nominees

Choice Breakout Star
Katie Leclerc

Choice Breakout Star
Sean Berdy

Choice Summer TV Show
Switched at Birth

Choice Summer TV Star: Male
Lucas Grabeel

Choice Summer TV Star: Female
Vanessa Marano

2012 ALMA Award for Favorite TV Actress - Supporting Role

Constance Marie

2012 TCA Award for Outstanding Achievement in Youth Programming

Switched At Birth

2013 Teen Choice Awards Nominees

Choice TV Show: Drama
Switched At Birth

Choice TV Actor: Drama
Lucas Grabeel

Choice TV Actress: Drama
Vanessa Marano

Choice Summer TV Star: Female
Katie Leclerc

2013 Peabody Award • ABC Family, Prodco, Inc. • Switched At Birth

Promos/Sneak Peeks:

Switched at Birth - All New Christmas Special Promo - Monday, December 8th at 9 PM

Switched at Birth - All New Christmas Special | December 8 at 9/8c - YouTube

Switched at Birth - All New Christmas Special Official Sneak Peek #1

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

Switched at Birth - All New Christmas Special Official Sneak Peek #2

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

More Coming Soon!

Last edited by ollibear; 11-19-2014 at 07:41 PM
Old 11-19-2014, 09:14 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 11-19-2014, 09:44 PM
Addicted Fan

tftnt.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

tftnt!
Old 11-20-2014, 08:32 AM
Elite Fan

Tftnt!
Old 11-20-2014, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt!
Old 11-20-2014, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

You know, I meant to write this on the past thread but we were running out of space. I’ll just mention this now and get off my soapbox because I guess the show wants us to be over it and Bay seems comfortable with her relationship with Regina, but the sneak peek with Daphne/Regina once again highlights the differences in the parental relationships. Kathryn is always thinking about Daphne and even Regina, wanting to spend time with them, but Regina? She’s just as cold as ice. She wants to spend Christmas with Daphne and only Daphne. I don’t know. Even though Bay seems unaffected by it now, I still get offended in Regina’s complete disregard for her other daughter. Yes the Kennishes and the Vasquez’s have their own traditions, but according to Kathryn, this is the first time the families will be spending the holidays together. It would be nice for Regina to act excited about spending time with Bay as well.

3x10 had that great moment between Regina and Bay with the sex talk and then I was happy Regina decided to allow Bay to have some of her share of Angelo’s money to move her plans with Emmett along, but the rest is a complete letdown. And soapbox rant ended.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:39 PM
Addicted Fan

I didn't even think about that watching the sneak peak but you're so right. Regina doesn't really consider spending Xmas with bay at all.

Also I wonder if Angelo is already dead during this episode.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think he is because I believe Gilles filmed and things between Daphne and Regina seem too good.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

wow I cant believe the season starts in 6 weeks.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:00 PM
Banned

Tftnt
Old 11-20-2014, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Just came from the @ABCFsab table read for episode 5. Woooeeeee! Super intense stuff comin your way this season! Kudos to the writers
From Max Adler's twitter.

Nothing about this tweet excites me. One, Tank is still around. Why? Sorry, MA, no offense but these extra characters do nothing for me. And the super intense stuff? With this show? I'm dreading it to be honest.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:12 PM
Master Fan

Here's a tweet from Max Adler tonight:
Max Adler ‏@Mr_Max_Adler 25m25 minutes ago
Just came from the @ABCFsab table read for episode 5. Woooeeeee! Super intense stuff comin your way this season! Kudos to the writers
Why is he in so many episodes?

IMDb lists him in Episode 2. We know he was at the Table Read for Episode 3 or 4, and maybe both. And now, we know he is in Episode 5.

I don't want to see a drunken college guy, or even one who is discovering his bohemian artistic side.

I want to see more of Emmett, Toby, Travis, Natalie, Matthew, etc.

And didn't we have enough intensity LAST season? I want to see some happiness.

As for Regina not caring about spending Christmas with Bay in Sneak Peek #2, that was the FIRST thing on which Facebook posters commented, after watching the video. One comment that stated as much got 112 likes. People notice and find it odd.

I believe the writers are doing it on purpose. I'm not sure what the writers are saying yet, but I do believe they have a message, when it comes to Regina and Bay.

In the big switched-at-birth case here in Virginia, one daughter still refuses to have anything to do with her birth mom. It's been 20 years. It's especially sad, too, because this girl lost her other mom and dad in a car accident when she was still a baby. So she has no memory of either of the parents who raised her during her first year of life, and yet, she still wants nothing to do with her birth parents. Her grandparents finished raising her, after the only parents she knew died.

In interviews, it's obvious that her birth mother wants to be close to her, but she is shutting her out completely and will not even talk to her. The girl with whom she was accidentally switched wants to be close to her, too, and she has shut the girl out as well. That girl said she would have loved to have met her biological parents, but they both died in that car accident before the switch was ever discovered. She says that the woman who raised her is her best friend on earth. It's so sad that her biological daughter is refusing to talk to her.

I think a lot of emotions must come into play, when two babies are switched at birth.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:53 PM
Elite Fan

It seems we posted at the same time Amy.

But I so agree with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollibear
I don't want to see a drunken college guy, or even one who is discovering his bohemian artistic side.
I don't see a need for Tank really.

Quote:
And didn't we have enough intensity LAST season? I want to see some happiness.
You would think, but yeah.

Quote:
As for Regina not caring about spending Christmas with Bay in Sneak Peek #2, that was the FIRST thing on which Facebook posters commented, after watching the video. One comment that stated as much got 112 likes. People notice and find it odd.

I believe the writers are doing it on purpose. I'm not sure what the writers are saying yet, but I do believe they have a message, when it comes to Regina and Bay.
I noticed that too. I'm glad I am not the only one. If they are doing it on purpose, I wish they'd just get to the point. They aren't doing Regina any favors by having her keep this distance between her and Bay. Bay has tried multiple times to reach out to Regina and maintain a relationship. At some point it no longer becomes Bay's responsibility. Well, for me I never viewed it as Bay's responsibility because she's the kid but Bay has taken responsibility and tried to foster a relationship. Regina just keeps her distance which would be different if it weren't in constant opposition of what we are seeing with Kathryn and John and Daphne.

It makes Bay seem like an afterthought to both sets of parents really.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
If they are doing it on purpose, I wish they'd just get to the point. They aren't doing Regina any favors by having her keep this distance between her and Bay.
It IS strange how turned off I am by both Daphne AND Regina this season.

I mean, obviously, the writers have had Daphne behaving horribly, so of course, many people are disgusted with her and no one really likes her right now. The writers must know that and have wanted that outcome, at least on some level.

But do the writers know how distasteful fans find Regina now?

It's almost as if some of my Daphne-hatred is rubbing off onto Regina. I feel myself starting to blame Regina for the adult (for lack of a better word) that Daphne has become.

Plus, there's this whole issue I have with Regina not wanting the Kennish family to pay for their OWN biological daughter's education. And yet, Regina once said she was moving in with the Kennish family because, "Frankly, I could use the free rent."

What a mooch! What a freeloader! What a louse!

And this whole thing where Regina has finally admitted keeping the switch a secret because she would have to share Daphne with the Kennish family. That's HORRIBLE!

I don't know anymore. I used to really like Regina (and Daphne), and now, I feel as though I have seen their true colors, and both of them are such horrible human beings that it is difficult to find anything to respect or admire.

When Bay encouraged her parents to do the DNA testing, she brought the piranhas home to roost.

My sister once said that she is surprised grifters had not latched onto the Kennish family a long time ago. She was speaking of Zarra at the time, but maybe Regina and Daphne are the grifters. Something is going on with them.

I don't like them anymore. When I think of either Regina or Daphne, all I can see is the word "user" in my mind. There's nothing selfless or generous about either of them.

Regina always said she kept the switch hidden FOR the girls. Now, I no longer believe her.

Quote:
Bay has tried multiple times to reach out to Regina and maintain a relationship. At some point it no longer becomes Bay's responsibility. Well, for me I never viewed it as Bay's responsibility because she's the kid but Bay has taken responsibility and tried to foster a relationship. Regina just keeps her distance which would be different if it weren't in constant opposition of what we are seeing with Kathryn and John and Daphne.

It makes Bay seem like an afterthought to both sets of parents really.
It does. All these years we've been watching the show, I never dreamed that Regina and Daphne had skipped town every year at Christmas. I remember Regina saying, "I never missed any of Daphne's birthdays, and I am not gonna miss any more of Bay's."

I would have thought that the same sentiment would apply to Christmas. I know Regina is not religious, but she did have her own traditions with Daphne and exchanged gifts. Wouldn't she want to include Bay in some of those traditions, too?

No, Regina just always skipped town at Christmas, after finding her daughter. I wonder how that made Bay feel in 2011 and 2012. At least Bay had Emmett in 2011. She must have been crushed when Regina and Daphne left town for Christmas 2012, too.

And here we are in 2013, probably, and Bay has just finished living with Regina all summer, and Regina is wanting to ditch Bay for Christmas YET AGAIN.

That just doesn't make sense to me.

Constance Marie DID just post these two pictures from today's filming on Instagram:

http://instagram.com/p/vpMJSamUPM/?modal=true

http://instagram.com/p/vpESVHGUBG/?modal=true
Closed Thread   Post New Thread