Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2013, 03:54 PM
Elite Fan

Switched at Birth S&S #17: It's not even spring, but we're looking forward to summer

Welcome to the 17th thread for

Switched at Birth, a new drama airing on ABC Family,
is about two teenage girls who discover that they were accidentally
switched as newborns in the hospital. Bay Kennish grew up in a wealthy
family with two parents and a brother, while Daphne Vasquez, who
lost her hearing at an early age due to a case of meningitis, grew up
with a single mother and grandmother in a working-class neighborhood.
Things come to a dramatic head when both families meet and struggle
to learn how to live together for the sake of the girls.

Season Two

Switched At Birth was renewed for a 20 episode second season, beginning to air in January

Source

Season 2 will begin airing on January 7th, 2013.

Source

2x01 "The Door to Freedom" 1/7/13

Stephen Lunsford will be introduced as Teo, a new friendship for Bay who will be part of a big new story that will shake up her world.

Angelo's supposed baby mama will be a huge part of season 2.

Source

2x02 "The Awakening Conscience" 1/14/13

Characters/Cast:

Daphne Vasquez________________________________Bay Kennish
Katie Leclerc __________________________________Vanessa Marano

Regina Vasquez___________________________Kathryn Kennish
Constance Marie________________________________Lea Thompson

Toby Kennish_______________________________John Kennish
Lucas Grabeel____________________________________D.W. Moffett

Emmett Bledsoe
Sean Berdy

2011 Teen Choice Awards

Choice Breakout Star
Katie Leclerc

Choice Breakout Star
Sean Berdy

Choice Summer TV Show
Switched at Birth

Choice Summer TV Star: Male
Lucas Grabeel

Choice Summer TV Star: Female
Vanessa Marano

Vote Here

Promos/Sneak Peeks:

Coming Soon!

Old 02-27-2013, 04:25 PM
Addicted Fan

thanks for the new thread!!

pics from the next episode.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Last edited by AnneH; 02-27-2013 at 07:41 PM
Old 02-27-2013, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new one!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 02-27-2013, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the new thread Alyssa!

Whoa! A tense moment between Noah and Daphne. I wonder what that's about. Thank you for posting the link Anne!

Old 02-27-2013, 10:52 PM
Elite Fan

You're welcome!

Yeah, me too! Wondering if it's post or pre-kiss.

Aw, poor Bay. Finally getting on honor roll/dean's list and the school is shutting down,

What does everyone think about Carlton? I think it will remain open, but do you see them getting rid of the pilot program?

I don't think Bay will attend Buckner again so even if the school remains Deaf as states on one of their demands, I see Bay going to a more art related public school.

I also wonder if we will get a slight time jump. This time they said it was Valentine's Day, so obviously it hasn't spanned three months in three episodes. If so that's some mad quick timing.

So maybe whatever goes down in the finale happens and there's been like six weeks between then and 2B.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
You're welcome!

Aw, poor Bay. Finally getting on honor roll/dean's list and the school is shutting down,

What does everyone think about Carlton? I think it will remain open, but do you see them getting rid of the pilot program?

I don't think Bay will attend Buckner again so even if the school remains Deaf as states on one of their demands, I see Bay going to a more art related public school.

I also wonder if we will get a slight time jump. This time they said it was Valentine's Day, so obviously it hasn't spanned three months in three episodes. If so that's some mad quick timing.

So maybe whatever goes down in the finale happens and there's been like six weeks between then and 2B.
Amy is right..You don't have flowers before the show, only AFTER. It's not a rehearsal kiss
Old 02-27-2013, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You're welcome!

I think it's pre-kiss. I don't see them having the play that early, but I could be wrong though.

Right! I feel happy yet bad for her.

I think it remain open too, but the pilot program could go either way. Maybe only let those who are already apart of the program stay? Either way like you said I don't see Bay going back to Buckner. I think Noah would be able to stay because of his hearing loss.

Yeah I could see a time jump.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
I think it's pre-kiss. I don't see them having the play that early, but I could be wrong though.

Right! I feel happy yet bad for her.

I think it remain open too, but the pilot program could go either way. Maybe only let those who are already apart of the program stay? Either way like you said I don't see Bay going back to Buckner. I think Noah would be able to stay because of his hearing loss.

Yeah I could see a time jump.
I don't want to see a big time jump.. We missed a lot last time.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:32 PM
Elite Fan

I'm aware when flowers are usually given, but I don't know.

It's strange but it could just be a mislead because the kiss from the sneak peek is a rehearsal kiss. Noah is talking about how they always skip past it in rehearsal, but now he's panicking because they have to do it in front of their friends, reporters. That has to be pre-play.

So they kiss in rehearsal and then after too?

Something is off. Unless Emmett is weird in his flower giving. The way it is worded, Noah wants to practice before the play. Why would he care about bumping noses or whatever?

Last edited by Slayerfan714; 02-27-2013 at 11:38 PM
Old 02-27-2013, 11:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I'm aware when flowers are usually given, but I don't know.

It's strange but it could just be a mislead because the kiss from the sneak peek is a rehearsal kiss. Noah is talking about how they always skip past it in rehearsal, but now he's panicking because they have to do it in front of their friends, reporters. That has to be pre-play.

So they kiss in rehearsal and then after too?

Something is off. Unless Emmett is weird in his flower giving. The way it is worded, Noah wants to practice before the play. Why would he care about bumping noses or whatever?
If this was just a rehearse kiss, it would of ended at JUST that.. Why does Emmett have to see it? They're aware that a kiss happens in the play. It's Romeo and Juliet. Noah likes Daphne and I think it doesn't end at just a rehearsal kiss.. Promos are meant to mislead you.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They do seem to be two different kisses because the one in the promo we see Daphne's face before the kiss, but the one in sneak peek we see Noah's face before the kiss. Also Daphne's hand position are different as well. Not sure how I feel about that...
Old 02-27-2013, 11:52 PM
Elite Fan

I know that.

I'm just saying the sneak peek is clear that it's before the play.

Maybe Emmett sees it as it's going beyond a practice kiss and that they are both enjoying it a little too much for it to be rehearsal kiss. I've been in plays and have had many friends in plays and high school plays don't normally get that passionate with kisses. There's a difference between a play kiss and a make out.

Yes, obviously promos are meant to mislead but this is also a drama where things get messy/miscommunicated and Emmett could read into it.

I'm not saying there isn't another kiss, but the one from the sneak peek is definitely a rehearsal/pre-play. I'm not making it up. The dialogue states it.

Maybe Emmett needs to be somewhere so he's dropping them off early.

I just think it would be a bit too much to have D/N kiss in rehearsal and then go back stage while Bay is there watching the play and make out again for real. At least this way you can see it happens organically. A second kiss would be a "I like what we started, let's go back and finish it." Which is not the way I wanted it to go down at all. That's kind of cruel and veers into cheating territory.

I hope it's just the way they cut the promo because I don't want Bay being cheated on again . Even if her and Noah just started dating, she considers him her boyfriend. Bleh.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Completely agree Alyssa.

I really hope it goes down that way. The scene in the promo and sneak peek seems to be in the same place. It doesn't feel like two different scenes.

A rehashed storyline and doing that with someone who looks becoming a love interest for Daphne is not the way to go.

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 02-28-2013 at 12:08 AM
Old 02-28-2013, 12:07 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah.

Nobody wants that. Not Noah/Daphne or Bay/Emmett fans. You don't want your ship to start that way.

I don't have a problem if it's a rehearsal kiss that goes too far and they stop themselves; I do have a problem if there is a second kiss. I like both girls and if it's a second kiss, a planned one, it makes Daphne look a bit unsympathetic to Bay's prior situation and I don't want that.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Agree.

Sadly I do think there could be a second kiss, a in the moment kind not a planned one, but even that would be better than a planned one.

Agree I don't want them to do that to Daphne's character or Noah's. Not to that ship or to the relationship between Daphne and Bay.

All the bashing Daphne would get too.

Man I want this episode now so I can get this worrying over with!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread