Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2020, 03:32 AM
Master Fan

I want Kara with William to ruffle everyone's feathers. His character is decent and yet he's being dragged. She hasn't had a relationship since Mon El, I think.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:14 AM
Elite Fan

He’s getting dragged because he’s a man. And certain shippers are convinced she’s supposed to be with Lena.

If it shuts them up I’d like to see them get together, too. I mean, it would never be able to last, with him being a human and her ageing slower under the yellow sun. (After 50 years Brainy would be looking like the best option). But at least it would be something for a while.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:45 AM
Master Fan

I used to understood people enjoying Kara/Lena but it's gone too far to the point they bring down every single guy who steps onto the scene. And it's nonsensical every guy is "toxic". I see now that term is now just an excuse to combat a ship people don't like. Because Lena punched Kara and that's not considered "toxic".

Honestly, Mon El, Brainy, William, I don't even mind anymore. It's just annoying to see the label "toxic" thrown around so casually. Just say I ship this over this and leave it there.

I hope whichever one they put Kara with it's rubbed in the faces of those who choose to attack the actors for playing a character.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:20 AM
Master Fan

Welcome to the toxicity of fandom 'shipping. This is why I'm done with 'shipping in general. It is exhausting trying to fight people who bully other people. I just want to enjoy the show for what it is.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:52 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
I used to understood people enjoying Kara/Lena but it's gone too far to the point they bring down every single guy who steps onto the scene. And it's nonsensical every guy is "toxic". I see now that term is now just an excuse to combat a ship people don't like. Because Lena punched Kara and that's not considered "toxic".

Honestly, Mon El, Brainy, William, I don't even mind anymore. It's just annoying to see the label "toxic" thrown around so casually. Just say I ship this over this and leave it there.

I hope whichever one they put Kara with it's rubbed in the faces of those who choose to attack the actors for playing a character.
"Toxic" now means "male person who gets in the way of my ship", apparently.

These are the same fans who ignore that 1) Lena was about to out Kara to the world 2) Lena pretended to be okay with everything so she could get ahold of weapons in the fortress 3) Lena trapped Kara in ice laced with kryptonite 4) Lena tried to mind control everyone on the planet.

But Lena can't possibly be toxic....

Last edited by Elektra; 01-26-2020 at 10:02 AM
Old 01-26-2020, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)

These are the same fans who ignore that 1) Lena was about to out Kara to the world 2) Lena pretended to be okay with everything so she could get ahold of weapons in the fortress 3) Lena trapped Kara in ice laced with kryptonite 4) Lena tried to mind control everyone on the planet.

I couldn't agree more.

I don't watch much so I didn't even know she did some of that stuff.

Lena's hurt so all those things are okay but a male breathes heavy and he's the devil.

I can't even imagine what it's like for the cast. I remember that Kara said a guy was attractive in the crossover it was tweeted how forced it was how is it forced? I just can't even follow the logic at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
Welcome to the toxicity of fandom 'shipping. This is why I'm done with 'shipping in general. It is exhausting trying to fight people who bully other people. I just want to enjoy the show for what it is.
I understand. It is exhausting. I've had to quit shows/fandoms because the negativity was draining.

I feel like you can dislike a ship/character and express why but the lengths that people go to. The bullying tactics towards fans and actors is shameful.
Philanthropist.

Old 01-27-2020, 07:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)

This! It is all about shipping SuperCorp. They could get an angel, a perfect male and those fans would still cream *toxic*. Because, in their dictionary, *toxic* and *abusive* translate as anyone who isn't Lena... Even though Lena has been extremely abusive to Kara, but it's ok. She is a woman, therefore she can do anything evil and she would still be Kara's perfect mate.

Last edited by lianamed; 01-27-2020 at 10:00 AM
Old 01-27-2020, 07:46 AM
Elite Fan

It’s too bad. I was always a little curious what a Kara/GreenBrainy relationship would look like. At least it would be more true to the comics.

Oh well.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
It’s too bad. I was always a little curious what a Kara/GreenBrainy relationship would look like. At least it would be more true to the comics.

Oh well.
I want them to go that route, but I doubt it's ever going to happen. I don't think they consider Brainy hot enough for Kara.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
This! It is all about shipping SuperCorp. They could get an angel, a perfect male and those fans would still scream *toxic*. Because, in their dictionary, *toxic* and *abusive* translate as anyone who isn't Lena... Even though Lena has been extremely abusive to Kara, but it's ok. She is a woman, therefore she can do anything evil and she would still be Kara's perfect mate.
Apparently William is the devil and it's time to boycott Supergirl...A CW show..a network that doesn't care about it's ratings and even renewed Dynasty with a 0.1 demo and 348795 cast changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
I want them to go that route, but I doubt it's ever going to happen. I don't think they consider Brainy hot enough for Kara.

It's clear Brainy is not an option. Sad. From their first interaction I had hoped then all hope was quickly dashed.
Philanthropist.

Old 01-27-2020, 11:17 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
Welcome to the toxicity of fandom 'shipping. This is why I'm done with 'shipping in general.
I have not shipped a couple since Pacey/Joey on Dawson's Creek.

I am so over all of that "shipping" now.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Apparently William is the devil and it's time to boycott Supergirl...A CW show..a network that doesn't care about it's ratings and even renewed Dynasty with a 0.1 demo and 348795 cast changes.

It's just so funny! I mean, come on, let's be realistic they really, really thought Supergirl would have both female leads (Kara and Alex) as lesbians? The moment they've decided Alex would be into girls was the moment they made clear Kara would never be with a woman.

Quote:
It's clear Brainy is not an option. Sad. From their first interaction I had hoped then all hope was quickly dashed.
And it's so weird, because Brainy and Kara had more chemistry than any other ship they've tried with her. But it is what it is, saddly. It is never going to happen and I accept that. I hoped, when they made Brainy regular, but they created Nia to make sure we got the message it was not going to happen. I mean, it is kind of obvious they've created her with the intent of keeping Brainiac far from Kara. They don't know what to do with her. She is just there to be his love interest, with no arc of her own besides relationship drama.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:41 PM
Elite Fan

It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that her doomed friendship with Lena was just meant to parallel Clark’s relationship with Lex. She’s also a reporter like him. And she even has a billionaire bat friend now.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that her doomed friendship with Lena was just meant to parallel Clark’s relationship with Lex. She’s also a reporter like him. And she even has a billionaire bat friend now.
And a Pullitzer Price reporter love interest...

For some reason they keep telling Superman stories with her instead of writing her as a character of her own.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:15 AM
Master Fan

Hmmm...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread