Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2014, 11:11 AM
Master Fan

Reign Spoilers and Speculation #23: What's with all the Frary Angst?

REIGN SPOILERS & SPECULATION THREAD

Airing Thursdays at 8 PM EST on the CW

The second season begins with Mary and Francis on the throne of a nation burning. France is rocked by the aftereffects of the plague -- a disease that creeps inside the castle walls, taking thousands upon thousands of lives across the land, and ravages the stability of a nation. From the ashes, powerful lords will rise, carrying out personal, religious and political vendettas, taking lives, and tearing at Mary and Francis’s commitment to each other, and their people. Friendships will be tested, loved ones murdered and betrayed. Meanwhile, a mysterious and deadly threat snatches victims from village streets and castle corridors; leaving evidence of savagery that looks like the work of monsters; mythical creatures who are the subject of nightmares, but who walk among us, doing the Devil’s bidding.

2x09: Acts of War
Stills | CW Promo | M3 Promo

IS ANOTHER ROYAL WEDDING IN SIGHT? — With a holiday celebration around the corner, Bash (Torrance Coombs) uncovers what could be the answer to Francis (Toby Regbo) finally escaping the oppressive thumb of Lord Narcisse (Craig Parker), and the two formulate a daring plan. Meanwhile, Mary proposes the radical idea of marrying the Protestant Lord Condé (Sean Teale) to the Catholic Claude (Rose Williams), a scheme that she believes a viable path forward to peace, but Claude has other plans in store. As preparations are made for the upcoming feast, Greer (Celina Sinden) discovers that she may be more involved with the Protestant movement than she originally thought. Megan Follows, Jonathan Keltz, Caitlin Stasey and Anna Popplewell also star. Fred Gerber directed the episode written by Laurie McCarthy and Nancy Won (#209).

2x10: Mercy
MARY SEEKS RETRIBUTION — In the aftermath of an attack on the castle, a blood-thirsty Francis (Toby Regbo) makes a startling decision that will forever change his rule as the King of France, causing him to track the missing Narcisse (Craig Parker) with a newfound lust for revenge. Meanwhile, Mary (Adelaide Kane) is stunned to discover the truth behind Francis’ recent decisions and embarks on a treacherous mission of her own with Lord Condé (Sean Teale). Leith (Jonathan Keltz) urgently pleads with Greer (Celina Sinden) to flee the country after violence erupts across the land. Catherine (Megan Follows) receives an unexpected and erotic visit in her chambers after making a final decision regarding the fate of her daughter Claude (Rose Williams). Torrance Coombs, Anna Popplewell and Caitlin Stasey also star. Rich Newey directed the episode written by Wendy Riss Gatsiounis and Drew Lindo (#210)

2x11: N/A
TBD

GENERAL SPOILERS:
(most recent first)

Megan Follows TVLine interview 10/16New Frary promoVarious interviews 10/2Jonathan Keltz on Greer & LeithMegan Follows HuffPost interviewToby on Mary/Francis and sexAccess Hollywood Laurie interview 9/30Laurie & Ade interview 9/29TVGuide Magazine Scan 9/22New Season 2 FootageNew Season 2 LooksLaurie McCarthy BuzzFeed InterviewEW Fall TV PreviewAdelaide Kane EW interviewKenna & Bash will struggle in Season 2TVLine Fall TV Spoilers (+ new Mary still)Eonline Fall TV Spoiler-ramaPrincess Claude castWhat's Next For ReignAdelaide Kane, Toby Regbo & EP Laurie McCarthy on Season 2Francis' GuiltLaurie McCarthy SDCC Interview 2 3Megan Follows & Laurie McCarthy at Comic-ConMary & Francis’ Marriage, Plague DeathsThe Plague, Bastard Children, Political Problems & MoreCraig Parker Cast As NarcisseCatherine’s Daughter Casting, Henry’s DeathReign Season 2: Exclusive Casting News

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net

Last edited by ScarletCourt; 11-23-2014 at 09:17 PM
Old 11-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Master Fan

Tftnt!

Man, I think a break is needed. Too bad it ended on a ****ty episode.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 11-20-2014, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

Agreed. It was a very WTF episode.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
Agreed. It was a very WTF episode.
I can't get over how much of a joke that was...

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 11-20-2014, 11:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT Hated that episode as well, it made no sense
Old 11-20-2014, 11:40 AM
Master Fan

Maybe I had too much expectations...

But I can say that I've been burned BADLY!

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 11-20-2014, 11:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think I am mostly shocked by the fact that Bash still talks to Claude..
If they never had something I would've thought it was just Bash being protective, but they slept together, and she actually tricked him into doing that, and that scene was really weird...
How can he even look into her eyes without wanting to puke seriously I'm going to cry right now, this is horrible
Old 11-20-2014, 12:06 PM
Master Fan

That's what you are shocked about? AHAHAHAHA

I guess we all have our priorities LOL

It didn't seem to bothered about sleeping with her though...

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 11-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yes well, Kennash is my OTP so yeah, that was kinda annoying and shocking and I wanted to rip her eyeballs out.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:47 PM
Master Fan

TFNT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemandy (View Post)
I think I am mostly shocked by the fact that Bash still talks to Claude..
If they never had something I would've thought it was just Bash being protective, but they slept together, and she actually tricked him into doing that, and that scene was really weird...
How can he even look into her eyes without wanting to puke seriously I'm going to cry right now, this is horrible
Actually, Mandy, I think it's better this way. If he was avoiding her or trying not to speak with her, it'd feel like their relationship is *forbidden* and therefore *hot*. But he's no longer scared of her apparently, and he talked to her about finding a loving marriage against all odds (which is so Kennash), so I think we're fine.
If anything, I'm pretty sure Kenna will find out about the incest in the worst manner possible but we'll worry about it when it's time.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

To be frank, since he slept with her, I don't think Kenna would want him anywhere near her, and I don't think he would want Kenna anywhere near someone she slept with/kissed/flirted with.
And last week's episode, he seemed like he didn't want anything to do with her, he seemed disgusted by her, and let's not forget she threw herself at him asking him to leet somwhere private...
Right now, I don't see why Bash would talk to someone who litterally grabbed his ass not long ago and suggested that they sleep together knowing that he's married, not to mention the fact that they are related. It made it seem like he was almost attracted to her (which I know he's not), and I don't like that.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Master Fan

The incest SL seems out of place when you see this episode after the last, so no idea where they are going from here.

Old 11-20-2014, 03:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

Totally don't understand either..
Old 11-20-2014, 04:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
Tftnt!

Man, I think a break is needed. Too bad it ended on a ****ty episode.
I agree with this. I think a break is much needed. They have managed to alienate so many different fandom's all at once. I don't like being negative b/c I have to believe they have an end game but they are doing a terrible job of leading us to it. I honestly have no clue what they want for any of the characters and that is bad storytelling. When they do give characters screen time none of them are acting like themselves and they contradict themselves in the same sentence. I hope they can right the ship before the winter finale or I fear many viewers will find other things to tune into.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:13 PM
Banned

Tftnt
Closed Thread   Post New Thread