Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

Reign Spoilers and Speculation #21: Peace is fragile.

REIGN SPOILERS & SPECULATION THREAD

Airing Thursdays at 8 PM EST on the CW

The second season begins with Mary and Francis on the throne of a nation burning. France is rocked by the aftereffects of the plague -- a disease that creeps inside the castle walls, taking thousands upon thousands of lives across the land, and ravages the stability of a nation. From the ashes, powerful lords will rise, carrying out personal, religious and political vendettas, taking lives, and tearing at Mary and Francis’s commitment to each other, and their people. Friendships will be tested, loved ones murdered and betrayed. Meanwhile, a mysterious and deadly threat snatches victims from village streets and castle corridors; leaving evidence of savagery that looks like the work of monsters; mythical creatures who are the subject of nightmares, but who walk among us, doing the Devil’s bidding.

2x05: Blood for Blood
Stills | CW Promo | M3 Promo
CHURCH VS. STATE — Tensions between Protestants and Catholics escalate when bloodshed at a Protestant service causes an already concerned Mary (Adelaide Kane) and Francis (Toby Regbo) to intervene on the eve of Greer’s (Celina Sinden) wedding. Bash (Torrance Coombs) and Leith (Jonathan Keltz) lead a search for the guilty that reveals a surprising secret about Castleroy (guest star Michael Therriault) that could destroy his union with Greer. Meanwhile, Francis receives an unwelcome gift from his dead father. Kenna (Caitlin Stasey) discovers a sex journal, with clues leading to the best lover at court, who just might be a match for Lola (Anna Popplewell). Megan Follows and Sean Teale also star. Norma Bailey directed the episode written by P.K. Simonds and Nancy Won (#205).

2x06: Three Queens
MARY AND CATHERINE GO UNDERCOVER — Upon encountering a mob of angry peasants, Queens Mary (Adelaide Kane) and Catherine (Megan Follows) find themselves concealing their true identities after being forced to abandon their carriage and escape into the woods. Fearful the uprising is a response to his own actions, Francis (Toby Regbo) forms a search party that includes Leith (Jonathan Keltz) and Condé (Sean Teale), only to discover the attack is actually a result of imposters abusing the power of the crown. Meanwhile, Lola (Anna Popplewell) sets out to become financially independent but, in the process, finds herself considering a complicated yet intriguing offer from Lord Narcisse (Craig Parker). Torrance Coombs, Caitlin Stasey and Celina Sinden also star. Steve DiMarco directed the episode written by Doris Egann (#206).

2x07: The Prince of Blood
THE ROYAL WILD CHILD RETURNS — Young, reckless and provocative Princess Claude (guest star Rose Williams) makes a surprise visit home, torturing her already haunted mother, Catherine (Megan Follows). Francis (Toby Regbo) is pressured by Narcisse (Craig Parker) to act against his conscience or risk his throne and his wife. Mary (Adelaide Kane) finds a new ally in Condé (Sean Teale). Francis confides in Bash (Torrance Coombs) and hatches a plot that involves an uncertain Lola (Anna Popplewell). Kenna (Caitlin Stasey) mistakes Claude for a newfound friend, while Greer (Celina Sinden) returns earlier than expected from her wedding tour. Jonathan Keltz also stars. Deborah Chow directed the episode written by Drew Lindo and Wendy Riss Gatsiounis (#207).

2x08: Terror of the Faithful

GENERAL SPOILERS:
(most recent first)

Megan Follows TVLine interview 10/16New Frary promoVarious interviews 10/2Jonathan Keltz on Greer & LeithMegan Follows HuffPost interviewToby on Mary/Francis and sexAccess Hollywood Laurie interview 9/30Laurie & Ade interview 9/29TVGuide Magazine Scan 9/22New Season 2 FootageNew Season 2 LooksLaurie McCarthy BuzzFeed InterviewEW Fall TV PreviewAdelaide Kane EW interviewKenna & Bash will struggle in Season 2TVLine Fall TV Spoilers (+ new Mary still)Eonline Fall TV Spoiler-ramaPrincess Claude castWhat's Next For ReignAdelaide Kane, Toby Regbo & EP Laurie McCarthy on Season 2Francis' GuiltLaurie McCarthy SDCC Interview 2 3Megan Follows & Laurie McCarthy at Comic-ConMary & Francis’ Marriage, Plague DeathsThe Plague, Bastard Children, Political Problems & MoreCraig Parker Cast As NarcisseCatherine’s Daughter Casting, Henry’s DeathReign Season 2: Exclusive Casting News

Last edited by Bree347; 10-26-2014 at 04:09 PM
Old 10-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Addicted Fan

TFTNT Bree
I actually really liked the first episode. Minus one sl. It was better than I thought it would be. LOVED the Catherine and Mary scene. The Kenna and Pascal scene was just heart breaking. I literally cried.
The cute little Kennash scenes added some lightness to the episode. Right from the first ep, you can tell that this is going to be a really dark season.

I'm excited to see where they take the Conde and Narcisse sls. They make it out as if Narcisse is going to be the Villain and Conde the innocent, but I think the roles will be reversed later on.

"My Angel"- Queen Victoria
My Queen - Prince Albert
Old 10-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

tftnt, Bree!

And that master post is everything! Thank you so much for compiling it all.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Addicted Fan

TFTNT!

The new episode was okay. I loved Mary and Cat double crossing each other--I'm so ready for their power struggle. I'm so excited that the show is acknowledging how limited most euro monarch's powers were and how much compromise and favours they had to do to get by.

I hope Francis' hot cousin sticks around. And he's unmarried ladies!

Quote:
The Kenna and Pascal scene was just heart breaking. I literally cried.
The cute little Kennash scenes added some lightness to the episode.
This. Though is he dead for good? And Kenna jumping into Bash's arms was the cutest.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:33 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new one!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 10-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

2x04 stills & synopsis

Reign Spoilers: "The Lamb and the Slaughter" Images | KSiteTV
Old 10-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the link Bree. I had seen most except the Greith one...and the solo Francis one.

So I'm guessing Narcisse is going to marry that girl that helped with Lola's delivery? The one that he had in a cage tonight...you know until he knew if she was infected. I do not like him. But I have no qualms with Conde at the moment....I hope this continues because he is nice to look at.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I'm excited to see where they take the Conde and Narcisse sls. They make it out as if Narcisse is going to be the Villain and Conde the innocent, but I think the roles will be reversed later on.
Loved Narcisse! Craig Parker is phenomenal and I bet by the end of the season Narcisse will turn out to be France's friend. He will probably save Francis from Conde and his crew. I can't wait!

I bet Conde will try to get Mary on his side (with the flirting etc) so she can use her influence over Francis to get more protestant rights (we know in RL mary supported peace between protestants and catholics), which will fail because we know Francis maintains his father's policy. It makes sense that Mary will be pro-conde given what's going to go down between her and Narcisse starting next ep and Conde being anti-Narcisse. But when Conde doesn't get what he wants, he will go against the crown and narcisse will support the crown because he's catholic. yes? Maybe wishful thinking because I'm so here for craig lol

Last edited by makeitreign; 10-02-2014 at 09:34 PM
Old 10-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Master Fan

Narcisse was the highlight of my night. Not enough of him though.

I like Conde so far. Plus, the actor's good looking, so there's always that lol

How cute is Lola and Francis's boy? They do make a cute little family.

Catherine, you are THE STAR.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 10-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Extreme Fan

I need a Narcisse thread on the reign board so I can fangirl. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x6vMi8tEnc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuLLRSAOLwQ

Cat and Narcisse scene in the promo! Even if they wont be romantic I have feels...

I wanted more greith. The cast is too damn big. And we still have princess claude coming, which I'm looking forward to, but I can't help but think it's going to be difficult to fully flesh out everyone this season. I don't want it to be the case where conde is good episode 3 but is a straight up villain by the end of episode 4 or vice versa with Narcisse. No more whiplash.

Reign is a rare case where I love so many characters, francis, mary, kenna, greer, letih, catherine, narcisse, castlroy and prob claude too and therefore want them ALL to get their screentime
Old 10-02-2014, 11:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitreign (View Post)
I need a Narcisse thread on the reign board so I can fangirl. lol
You are welcome to start one.

I really liked him, too. He's going to be a lot of fun.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:05 AM
Master Fan

So somehow Lola will be involved in Narcisse's storyline? From what I understand the girl who helped Lola give birth is the one Narcisse is going to want to marry?

During the premiere, I though for a second that Lola would be doing the jambo mambo with Conde later in the season.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 10-03-2014, 12:32 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
You are welcome to start one.

I really liked him, too. He's going to be a lot of fun.
Can I third this? I'm quite pleased at all the pretty men on our show.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread