Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

Reign Spoilers and Speculation #17: "Your majesty, we have waited a long time for you to rise."

REIGN SPOILERS & SPECULATION THREAD

Airing Thursdays at 8 PM EST on the CW

Trailer:

Hidden between the lines of the history books is the story of Mary Stuart, the young woman the world would come to know as Mary, Queen of Scots. Queen of Scotland since she was six days old, the teenage Mary is already a headstrong monarch – beautiful, passionate, and poised at the very beginning of her tumultuous rise to power. Arriving in France with four close friends as her ladies-in-waiting, Mary has been sent to secure Scotland’s strategic alliance by formalizing her arranged engagement to the French king’s dashing son, Prince Francis. But the match isn’t signed and sealed, it depends more on politics, religion and secret agendas than affairs of the heart. Prince Francis is intrigued by the fiery Scot, but like most young men, he resists the idea of settling down into marriage, especially when he has a history with a lady of the court and his own point of view on the wisdom of an alliance with Scotland. Still, an attraction between Mary and Francis is ignited. Further complicating things is Bash, Francis’ roguish half-brother, who has a history of his own – despite his illegitimate birth, Bash is his father’s favorite. And now that Bash has caught Mary’s eye, a royal triangle may be forming.

While at French Court, fierce foes and dark forces conspire to sabotage Mary’s marriage to Francis and even threaten her life, until a mysterious shrouded guide becomes her ally. With danger and sexual intrigue around every dark castle corner, Mary rallies her ladies-in-waiting and steels herself, ready to rule the new land and balance the demands of her country and her heart. The series stars Adelaide Kane (“Teen Wolf”) as Mary, Toby Regbo (“One Day”) as Prince Francis, Torrance Coombs (“The Tudors”) as Bash, Megan Follows (“Anne of Green Gables”) as Queen Catherine, Alan Van Sprang (“The Tudors”) as King Henry, Celina Sinden (newcomer) as Greer, Caitlin Stasey (newcomer) as Kenna, Anna Popplewell (“The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader”) as Lola, and Jenessa Grant (“Cyberbully”) as Aylee. REIGN is from CBS Television Studios and Warner Bros. Television with executive producers Stephanie SenGupta (“Hawaii Five-0″), Laurie McCarthy (“The Ghost Whisperer”), Frank Siracusa (“Beauty And The Beast”) and Brad Silberling (“Moonlight Mile”). The pilot was directed by Brad Silberling.
CAST:
Adelaide Kane as Mary
Toby Regbo as Prince Francis
Torrance Coombs as Sebastian aka "Bash"
Caitlin Stasey as Kenna
Anna Popplewell as Lola
Celina Sinden as Greer
Jenessa Grant as Aylee
Megan Follows as Catherine de' Medici
Alan van Sprang as King Henry II
Rossif Sutherland as Nostradamus

CREW:
Brad Silberling - Exec Producer/Writer/Director

Episode Stills
Find all stills here

119: Toy Soldiers

“Toy Soldiers” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)
FOR LOVE OR COUNTRY — When Mary’s uncle, the Duke of Guise (guest star Gil Darnell), arrives in France with devastating news about her mother, Mary (Adelaide Kane) and Francis (Toby Regbo) realize they are torn between putting their own countries first or saving their marriage. With the English throne in jeopardy, King Henry (Alan Van Sprang) hatches an elaborate plan that will end in disaster. Meanwhile, Bash (Torrance Coombs) and Kenna (Caitlin Stasey) solidify their marriage and begin to trust one another. Megan Follows, Anna Popplewell and Celina Sinden also star. The episode was directed by Chris Grismer and written by Mike Herro and David Strauss (#119).

Stills

CW Promo

Other Info:

* Table Read Photo

120: Higher Ground

“Higher Ground” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)
MARY GETS BLOOD ON HER HANDS TO SAVE SCOTLAND — Mary (Adelaide Kane) enlists a mercenary to help her, which forces her to realize there are sacrifices and lives she is willing to risk to save her country. Francis (Toby Regbo) embraces his role as Dauphin to lead France in a brutal battle against England, and finds a new ally in Leith (guest star Jonathan Keltz). Meanwhile, as Lola (Anna Popplewell) grows closer to Lord Julien (guest star Giacomo Gianniotti), she gets increasingly suspicious that he is going to betray her. Alan Van Sprang, Torrance Coombs, Caitlin Stasey and Celina Sinden also star. The episode was directed by Sudz Sutherland with the story by David Babcock and Daniel Sinclair and the teleplay by Alan McCullough (#120).

Stills

121: Long Live the King

EVENTS REACH A BREAKING POINT WHEN THE KING’S MADNESS PUTS FRANICS IN GRAVE DANGER — Mary (Adelaide Kane) and Catherine (Megan Follows) form an unlikely alliance when deciding how to deal with the increasingly manic King Henry (Alan Van Sprang), which puts Francis (Toby Regbo) in jeopardy. Bash (Torrance Coombs) finds a boy who lived to tell about his encounter with the Darkness, which makes Bash determined to end it for good at any cost. Lord Julien (guest star Giacomo Gianniotti) reveals the truth about his motives, and Lola (Anna Popplewell), blinded by love, finds herself in a dire situation after she attempts to protect him. Caitlin Stasey and Celina Sinden also star. The episode was directed by Jeremiah Chechik written by Wendy Riss Gatsiounis and Drew Lindo (#121).

Stills

GENERAL SPOILERS:

Interview with Alan Van Sprang

Last edited by firewall; 04-21-2014 at 09:47 PM
Old 04-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Thank you for the new thread!

So, it appears there have been a few visits to the sets.

On Thursday two girls visited (posted about it on the last thread) and filming that day were Adelaide, Toby, Torrance and Megan.

On Friday another girl visited and the actors on set were Adelaide Kane, Toby Regbo, Torrance Coombs, Celina Sinden, Michael Therriault, Gil Darnell and the mystery girl. So, looks like there will be scenes with Mary, Francis, Bash, Greer, Lord Castleroy, Christian de Guise and this mystery girl. I wonder if the girl is going to be a Guise?

Here are some BTS pictures from Gil's FB: X

Last edited by bookcrookliza; 04-05-2014 at 12:37 PM
Old 04-05-2014, 12:35 PM
Absolute Fan

TFTNT, Rachel!

It would seem that the flashback Torrence filmed yesterday was from ep 4, when he was trying to see if he could swing a sword while injured.

Which seems like an odd scene to be filmed from a different perspective. Was someone watching we don't know about?
Old 04-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon tart (View Post)
TFTNT, Rachel!

It would seem that the flashback Torrence filmed yesterday was from ep 4, when he was trying to see if he could swing a sword while injured.

Which seems like an odd scene to be filmed from a different perspective. Was someone watching we don't know about?
Is it? (How did you figure that out?) I'm thinking whatever the scene it is going to be in the view of another. Perhaps a pagan? I was thinking that it might have been the scene when Francis and Bash were in the blood wood because perhaps it somehow would tie in.

So, we have two mystery characters they're being "secretive" about: This one and this one. The second one will only be in episode 20 (and perhaps earlier, but for sure in 20) and not in 21 and 22, but will be back next season.

I'm thinking Gil might be back next season as well from how talks it sounds like it'll be more than just these last episodes, which he mentions he'll be in. And it makes sense because of the Guises power during Mary and Francis's reign.

Last edited by bookcrookliza; 04-05-2014 at 12:49 PM
Old 04-05-2014, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

tftnt
Old 04-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Absolute Fan

She says Torrence was "swinging around a sword much like he did in a previous episode."

That's a super limited number of scenes. I'll find the verbiage, I saw it on the Tobelaide thread, I think.

Quote:
Torrance was only there for about 30 minutes and he was on screen most of the time but it was super cool to watch how they do things. He’s such a goof ball, they were trying to do something with the set and he would just be standing there swinging a sword around (very much like he does in an earlier ep).
Old 04-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
She says Torrence was "swinging around a sword much like he did in a previous episode."

That's a super limited number of scenes. I'll find the verbiage, I saw it on the Tobelaide thread, I think.
Oh, thanks! I hadn't looked at her twitter since I posted the pictures.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookcrookliza (View Post)
Oh, thanks! I hadn't looked at her twitter since I posted the pictures.
It just seemed like an odd little comment given Torrence's tweet yesterday. Which is why it jumped out at me.

Are you getting the same thing from it I am?

And, you're welcome!
Old 04-05-2014, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

If that's the case, do you think it has to do with the prophecy stuff? The Lion will slay the dragon on a field of poppies. It's the only reason I can think that would make that scene important enough for a flashback.

It would also make sense for them to circle back to the prophecy in the finale, and perhaps, give us another Francis death scare. And maybe Clarissa comes back?
Old 04-05-2014, 01:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
It just seemed like an odd little comment given Torrence's tweet yesterday. Which is why it jumped out at me.

Are you getting the same thing from it I am?

And, you're welcome!
Yes, that could be possible. But what stands out about that scene? I guess that's why I'm having such a difficult time coming up with ideas. It seems we've seen all that can be seen and I'm trying to think about WHY they'd be re-showing it. Obviously to show another viewpoint, but why. the questions, the questions! They're making me crazy.

So, it looks like the girl who visited the set yesterday was there all day! From 10:30 until 8:30. And there was more than one scene filmed.

Picture of her and Adelaide: X
Picture of her and Toby: X

Also, anyone notice the lack of Henry, Lola and Kenna BTS info? The only thing I have seen so far pertaining to them (sightings, pictures, etc) is Anna's gift to the crew members with a thank you note. (I could understand Lola's absence, perhaps she's on a honeymoon? Because we know Julien isn't in the episode)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
If that's the case, do you think it has to do with the prophecy stuff? The Lion will slay the dragon on a field of poppies. It's the only reason I can think that would make that scene important enough for a flashback.

It would also make sense for them to circle back to the prophecy in the finale, and perhaps, give us another Francis death scare. And maybe Clarissa comes back?
That too makes sense. But it looks like both Toby and Torrance might have been needed for the same scene (Toby's name was on the transportation list as well, so that makes me think he was involved in it). Or maybe it's an extension of a scene we saw?

Last edited by bookcrookliza; 04-05-2014 at 01:34 PM
Old 04-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

if its 104 isn't that the scene when francis/bash are fencing with henry?
Old 04-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
if its 104 isn't that the scene when francis/bash are fencing with henry?
That was 103. Bash was injured during 104. Lola ran up to him while he was swinging his sword outdoors (and since the girl said it was raining, we know they were outdoors).
Old 04-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
That was 103. Bash was injured during 104. Lola ran up to him while he was swinging his sword outdoors (and since the girl said it was raining, we know they were outdoors).
oh lmao i am a useless speccer
Old 04-05-2014, 01:53 PM
Absolute Fan

That's a good guess, Rachel. Though Toby's hair is NOTHING like it was in 4, *cries at what the hair dept has let his hair become when it was so perfect back then*

That is where the prophecy stuff begins to get jumbled. Was Anna on set yesterday? I don't remember her mentioned, and I'd gotten the impression she was already done, tbh.

I guess it could be ep 3 the 'poached pigeons' convo, but it sounds like it was (a) outdoors and (b) no Alan.

I'd thought it was from the pilot from what Torrence had said. That's the only time I really remember his hair done differently.

I'm also making a supposition that the 20 battle stuff with Toby is the retaking of Calais. One of the de Guise's retook it from the English not long before Henry's death historically. They're including - or making the leader - Francis instead. Or that's what I think is happening.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

Tftnt.

icon
Closed Thread   Post New Thread