Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2014, 10:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon tart (View Post)
Yes, poor Kenna, but please spare me the retcon. Your dismissivneas, mockery, bitchiness and derision toward me personally when I posited the theory first two months ago and again when I figured out the timing once the forced wedding came into play tell a VERY DIFFERENT tale. As do your Bash marrying Kenna being the worst case scenario and threats to ditch the show if it happened. An apology would be nice or seem in order, but I won't hold my breath waiting.

Btw, that was Henry's room, I believe. Don't see your admittance of being incorrect in your post. Perhaps another retcon?

Sorry for being this bitchy, but really the retcon and hypocrisy is fairly breathtaking!

I'll also say there was SO DAMN MUCH setup for Bash's eventual falling for Kenna and their being happy together it was crazy. And unlike if Francis had returned with Lola, Olivia, Natalia or anyone else making Mary completely jealous and destroying her marriage, she and they will be happy for them, even friends. Because Francis is enough for her.

I personally loved the first MB scene, because of course she would have been happy - in a second choice sort of way and as long as Francis was no where in her line of sight. That was SO CLEAR in 12 & early 13, but Francis return knocked her entire world and constructed happiness off it's axis to the point you could physically see her want & need & devastation in their first scene back together. None of those overwhelming feelings exist for Bash or their time together. And that first scene and the others since her return from her honeymoon demonstrated that very clearly.

Bash would have been Mary's Peppercorn. Francis is her EVERYTHING! Show has been super clear on this for ages.
Oh, goodness. The bitterness.

Why would I admit I was SORRY for being wrong? Are you really this serious? Like, you take it this seriously? This is the internet and this is a tv show. If a sorry is somehow going to make you feel better then sure.

I'm sorry for disagreeing with you, I'm sorry if it hurt your feelings. You were right, I was wrong.

Happy? (By the way, about the Henry fireplace, I came back and said that same day it could be Henry's fireplace because they have the same fireplaces because I was able to capture it without the cover on the front. So... )

So, if the brothel thing doesn't happen am I going to get an apology? Where is my apology for Lola not going through with the abortion? Or having a miscarriage? (By the way, save it, I'm just kidding. )
Old 03-27-2014, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

You talk about maturity when you behave like this. It's really something. It's not about being right/wrong. It's about tone and mocking. Speculations are just that. Sometimes they come through, sometimes they don't. But, acting childish then claiming others are that's the problem.

Anyways, I hope Greer finds happiness. She broke my heart this episode.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:17 AM
Passionate Fan

*sigh* The "discussions" in here always have to be so heated! There is as much drama in here as there is in the show!

I don't remember what I thought about Kenna/Bash. I think I was hopeful that it wouldn't happen, because I really dislike Kenna(so far, anyway. My opinion of her may change now that she is staying away from Henry), and because I think the idea of sharing women between father and son to be DIS-GUSTING. I'll try to not be grossed out by the idea, as long as Kenna doesn't ever sleep with the King again!

I am a little bit curious to see how they are going to do the Kenna/Bash relationship. I think there could be some cranky sass coming!

I haven't really decided what the show is planning to do with the triangle. It is hard to say whether it was only really written to last the first 13 episodes that were originally ordered, or if this is meant to be a series long tension. So far, it is at least looking to be season long. (I don't mean with things actually happening between Mary and Bash, but that some amount of romantic feelings will remain and cause tension)

It is hard to take anything really seriously with the story lines because I find everything in the show so unbelievably ridiculous. I do find it entertaining to watch, because there are moments of utter hilarity, whether intended or not!

~Katie~
Old 03-27-2014, 10:18 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookcrookliza (View Post)
ETA: I think it's safe to assume we should now take Laurie's spoilers with a grain of salt though. Definitely not going to be quoting her word to word now.
Actually, you should take her words as the Bible of this show. Doing so is how people like myself and Bree figured this out so long ago. Her words - if you understand what she's saying - are a roadmap to EXACTLY what will happen on the show. Dismissing them or not getting what she's saying leads to situations where you don't get the show and wishcasting versions of speculation that are so damn common around here from some.

Laurie has NEVER lied about anything. She's been remarkably straightforward about what she's doing and where she's going. It's VERY clear!
Old 03-27-2014, 10:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
You talk about maturity when you behave like this. It's really something. It's not about being right/wrong. It's about tone and mocking. Speculations are just that. Sometimes they come through, sometimes they don't. But, acting childish then claiming others are that's the problem.

Anyways, I hope Greer finds happiness. She broke my heart this episode.
How else should I behave? I'm like 29 years old and a girl on the internet is asking me to apologize for disagreeing with her speculation. I'm sorry, but I just find this hilarious. If that says something for my maturity then so be it. If I hurt her feelings, I'm sorry for that, but this "I'm right and you're wrong" stuff reminds me of kindergarten.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:23 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon tart (View Post)

Laurie has NEVER lied about anything. She's been remarkably straightforward about what she's doing and where she's going. It's VERY clear!
Do you know where I can find some of her interviews? I'm curious as to what she has said in the past and how it has looked on the show.

What episode is the dungeon sex supposed to happen?

~Katie~
Old 03-27-2014, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookcrookliza (View Post)
How else should I behave? I'm like 29 years old and a girl on the internet is asking me to apologize for disagreeing with her speculation. I'm sorry, but I just find this hilarious. If that says something for my maturity then so be it. If I hurt her feelings, I'm sorry for that, but this "I'm right and you're wrong" stuff reminds me of kindergarten.
How about treating people with respect and not laughing at them. Take a card from Red Dragon. She often disagrees with people doesn't come across like you do. Don't chide and mock till you see how things play out. Then act like you are now. At the very least don't pretend that you said something you didn't when you turn out to be wrong. It's not about being, but coming around and spinning and pretending you didn't say the thing in the first place.

It's not hard to say you agree to disagree. It's not hard to not deride someone.

Red Dragon, I think the only elements of the triangle I see left hanging is Francis's insecurity and jealousy because he doesn't trust Bash. I am looking forward to Kenna/Bash once they both accept their situaions because I think Bash needs someone who is willing to snark at him. I want to see fun Bash from 103/104 return. He was a breath of fresh air. He's just so damn dark and moody now and caught up in his own disappointment that the can't see beyond it but this episode was definitely a good first step in him actually hearing the words coming out of Francis's mouth and understanding that he was hurt by his betrayal as brother.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon (View Post)
Do you know where I can find some of her interviews? I'm curious as to what she has said in the past and how it has looked on the show.

What episode is the dungeon sex supposed to happen?
“Kenna came to a relationship with the king with some naivete and she learns not only [do] you have political intrigue, but her heart gets a little more sophisticated as well and before the season ends, she goes on a rather extraordinary journey that ends with a surprising union for her.”

And it looks like it'll be the opposite probably: surprising union and then an extraordinary journey.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:28 AM
Absolute Fan

Red Dragon, my hope all along has been a Beatrice & Benedict type of relationship for them. Bickering, snarking & bantering their way to suddenly realizing they actually want to be together. Or old school romantic comedy of the same vein.

That's why I ship them. Not to get Bash away from Mary, because I don't care about that - he was always an obstacle, never a threat. I don't convenience ship, ever. I think they could become quite popular on the show. Caitlin and Torrence have really good and sparky chemistry of the like that Ade & he never had.

As for my maturity, sorry pot meet kettle. I could go find your posts, but you know exactly what you said in the past, and I don't feel like wasting my time. You just don't like us reminding you! Actual maturity would have just been your admittance of being wrong, instead of trying to recon the hell out of KB.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Meh. Everyone is saying this, I just don't really see it. He is attractive, he just doesn't really appeal to me. I wonder if he'll wind up being a complete ass?

I thought the Greer story line was cute. I'm glad she is going to marry the Peppercorn guy, he is so sweet to her.
Seriously? I guess it is a question of likes and types. When I see a Francis who looks like he has just ended his puberty and a Bash who has a head that makes him look like a ninja turtle...yeah I'd say Julien is THE George Clooney of the castle as far as I'm concerned

I'm too glad she is going to marry Peppercorn. He's very nice and he seems to genuinely like her.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 03-27-2014, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

The eonline one was spot on with the comparison of the different types of marriage, discussion of Mary/Bash/Francis. I have to look for the link though.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Bash and Kenna? Whatever really, this is seriously brought as an excuse to keep Bash near Mary at French Court. Because obviously triangle isn't gone, just like Mary's feelings. Despite me not watching anymore, I'm really excited to see (or should I say hear ) how Mash will develop further.

I find it hilarious how some people act like Gods in this place
Old 03-27-2014, 10:43 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
Seriously? I guess it is a question of likes and types. When I see a Francis who looks like he has just ended his puberty and a Bash who has a head that makes him look like a ninja turtle...yeah I'd say Julien is THE George Clooney of the castle as far as I'm concerned
Oh so true! I'm killing myself laughing, here. I'll rephrase and say I don't think anyone on the show is fantastic. Usually I need more than looks to favor anyone, and Julian said barely anything, so I haven't made up my mind on him. But at this point he doesn't do anything for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44
Red Dragon, I think the only elements of the triangle I see left hanging is Francis's insecurity and jealousy because he doesn't trust Bash.
Plus, Bash's remaining feelings. What Mary feels about him is a bit up in the air. They may have her continue to rebuff Bash constantly and be totally loyal to Francis, or we could start getting "longing looks." I'm kind of moving into the camp of hoping that doesn't happen, because I hate cheating...but I just don't like FM! I'm sorry, they just don't feel romantic to me. But they will have to deal with Bash's feelings for Mary. Either he gradually falls for Kenna and she replaces Mary in his heart, or he continues to yearn for Mary, and it causes issues for Mary, Francis, and himself.

I do think the Bash/Kenna thing was mainly a way to get Bash to stay in the French court. But sometimes I get the feeling that this show is being made up as they go along, so I wonder if THEY even know what they'll do with the Bash/Kenna ship. Maybe they'll make it come alive, or maybe they'll only be good friends. I think at the very least, they'll become close friends and confidants.

lemon tart - I know lots of people said they saw tons of chemistry and sparks with Caitlin and Torrance in that one scene..but I didn't see it much at all. I guess stuff like that is so subjective. Maybe I didn't see it because I dislike Kenna so much, and I was on board with Mash at that point.

~Katie~
Old 03-27-2014, 10:43 AM
Absolute Fan

And by that Laurie means that (a) Kenna loses her naiveté and begins to find her voice and her relationship with Henry becomes more balanced. We saw that in 13 when she demanded Henry find her a husband if she continued to service him. (B) she ends up with him into bdsm and other strange sexual things like threesomes and dead bodies in bed with her as Henry defends into madness. Those two are the journey part. She finds her voice, but Henry goes nuts and she's a witness to all of it and ends up in some bizarre situations. All that happened.

The ending in a surprising union was always code for the KB forced marriage. As I've been saying for ages. Also, clear from her interview.

As I said, her interviews are roadmaps if you get how to interpret them. Same with Francis in the BoP, I and others got a bit too into wishcasting with the Scotland spec, and we were wrong. But every single thing she said was exactly what happened. "Meets people, journey, long lasting consequences and duty called and he headed home to fight.

And, btw, I'm not a girl. I'm older than you. Which is probably why I have no tolerance for your bs and spin. I get that enough in my career, and can spot it a mile away.

Red Dragon, I'll try to find the Laurie interviews for you in a bit, I need to get some work done at the moment. Fangirling is fun, but it doesn't pay well. Her commentary about marriages of the age are what I based my spec about the four girls marriages on, also spec of longstanding of mine that's become clearer recently.

I'll also say the KB thing isn't a whim, they've been laying a foundation since the pilot for it. This was always the plan, so I think Laurie knows just what she wants to do with them.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Oh so true! I'm killing myself laughing, here. I'll rephrase and say I don't think anyone on the show is fantastic. Usually I need more than looks to favor anyone, and Julian said barely anything, so I haven't made up my mind on him. But at this point he doesn't do anything for me.

Plus, Bash's remaining feelings. What Mary feels about him is a bit up in the air. They may have her continue to rebuff Bash constantly and be totally loyal to Francis, or we could start getting "longing looks." I'm kind of moving into the camp of hoping that doesn't happen, because I hate cheating...but I just don't like FM! I'm sorry, they just don't feel romantic to me. But they will have to deal with Bash's feelings for Mary. Either he gradually falls for Kenna and she replaces Mary in his heart, or he continues to yearn for Mary, and it causes issues for Mary, Francis, and himself.

I do think the Bash/Kenna thing was mainly a way to get Bash to stay in the French court. But sometimes I get the feeling that this show is being made up as they go along, so I wonder if THEY even know what they'll do with the Bash/Kenna ship. Maybe they'll make it come alive, or maybe they'll only be good friends. I think at the very least, they'll become close friends and confidants.

lemon tart - I know lots of people said they saw tons of chemistry and sparks with Caitlin and Torrance in that one scene..but I didn't see it much at all. I guess stuff like that is so subjective. Maybe I didn't see it because I dislike Kenna so much, and I was on board with Mash at that point.
To each their own. I thought MB lacked chemistry to the point that their kisses made me cringe. We all have different perspectives on what we view as romantic. While I think Mary could have settled for a happy life with Bash, I don't think she'll ever really be torn not since she's made her choice and not while she has Francis's love. I think the coming arcs for FM are less to do with Bash and more to do with Lola and the baby as well as politics. They may pick up the thread of his feelings later in the season.

I wish they'd drop it because it really makes Bash look bad. Like he doesn't understand the notion of respect. It was one thing when no one was married, but that's his brother and his brothers wife. It's like dude let go.