Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2014, 08:20 AM
Elite Fan

Reign Spoilers & Speculation #10: When all else fails, let's argue about history

REIGN SPOILERS & SPECULATION THREAD

Airing Thursdays at 8 PM EST on the CW

Trailer:

Hidden between the lines of the history books is the story of Mary Stuart, the young woman the world would come to know as Mary, Queen of Scots. Queen of Scotland since she was six days old, the teenage Mary is already a headstrong monarch – beautiful, passionate, and poised at the very beginning of her tumultuous rise to power. Arriving in France with four close friends as her ladies-in-waiting, Mary has been sent to secure Scotland’s strategic alliance by formalizing her arranged engagement to the French king’s dashing son, Prince Francis. But the match isn’t signed and sealed, it depends more on politics, religion and secret agendas than affairs of the heart. Prince Francis is intrigued by the fiery Scot, but like most young men, he resists the idea of settling down into marriage, especially when he has a history with a lady of the court and his own point of view on the wisdom of an alliance with Scotland. Still, an attraction between Mary and Francis is ignited. Further complicating things is Bash, Francis’ roguish half-brother, who has a history of his own – despite his illegitimate birth, Bash is his father’s favorite. And now that Bash has caught Mary’s eye, a royal triangle may be forming.

While at French Court, fierce foes and dark forces conspire to sabotage Mary’s marriage to Francis and even threaten her life, until a mysterious shrouded guide becomes her ally. With danger and sexual intrigue around every dark castle corner, Mary rallies her ladies-in-waiting and steels herself, ready to rule the new land and balance the demands of her country and her heart. The series stars Adelaide Kane (“Teen Wolf”) as Mary, Toby Regbo (“One Day”) as Prince Francis, Torrance Coombs (“The Tudors”) as Bash, Megan Follows (“Anne of Green Gables”) as Queen Catherine, Alan Van Sprang (“The Tudors”) as King Henry, Celina Sinden (newcomer) as Greer, Caitlin Stasey (newcomer) as Kenna, Anna Popplewell (“The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader”) as Lola, and Jenessa Grant (“Cyberbully”) as Aylee. REIGN is from CBS Television Studios and Warner Bros. Television with executive producers Stephanie SenGupta (“Hawaii Five-0″), Laurie McCarthy (“The Ghost Whisperer”), Frank Siracusa (“Beauty And The Beast”) and Brad Silberling (“Moonlight Mile”). The pilot was directed by Brad Silberling.
CAST:
Adelaide Kane as Mary
Toby Regbo as Prince Francis
Torrance Coombs as Sebastian aka "Bash"
Caitlin Stasey as Kenna
Anna Popplewell as Lola
Celina Sinden as Greer
Jenessa Grant as Aylee
Megan Follows as Catherine de' Medici
Alan van Sprang as King Henry II
Rossif Sutherland as Nostradamus

CREW:
Brad Silberling - Exec Producer/Writer/Director

Episode Stills
Find all stills here

1x12: Royal Blood

CATHERINE ENLISTS MARY AND BASH TO HELP FIND HER SONS — When Clarissa (guest star Katie Boland) kidnaps the younger children of King Henry (Alan Van Sprang) and Queen Catherine (Megan Follows), Mary (Adelaide Kane) and Bash (Torrance Coombs) work with the Queen to find them, with tragic results. Meanwhile, when Lola (Anna Popplewell) attempts to help her brother with a debt he owes, Francis (Toby Regbo) rescues her, causing the two of them to grow closer. Caitlin Stasey and Celina Sinden also star. Holly Dale directed the episode with the story by Wendy Riss Gatsiounis and teleplay by Alan McCullough (#112).

Promos: Promo 1, Promo 2 Producer's Preview
CANADIAN PROMO

* Promo Shots: Here!

Promo Shot of MB

Other Info:

*"Danielle: I need Reign back in my life! What can we expect from next week's return? Any good Clarissa stuff?
If you considering her kidnapping her mother Catherine's two youngest children good stuff, then yes! But are they in actual danger with Clarissa? "I know she feels very close to those two little boys, so there's some genuine love and affection here," Katie Boland says, but adds, "she's a little bit of a loose cannon." Translation: they're probably in danger. And Catherine? Not pleased."
(Source: X)

1x13: The Consummation

A ROYAL WEDDING OCCURS BUT WHO DOES MARY CHOOSE? — With a forced marriage looming, Mary (Adelaide Kane) must consider both her heart and her nation when deciding whom she will wed – Francis (Toby Regbo) or Bash (Torrance Coombs) – when Francis returns to court with Lola (Anna Popplewell) at his side. Further complicating matters is Mary’s mother, Marie de Guise (guest star Amy Brenneman), who visits the castle with her own agenda for Mary. Marie’s presence worries King Henry (Alan Van Sprang) and Queen Catherine (Megan Follows), who have their own plan for the future of France, regardless of who gets hurt in the process. Celina Sinden and Caitlin Stasey also star. The episode was directed by Fred Gerber and written by Laurie McCarthy (#113).

Promos: promo 1

Other Info:

*Have you got anything on the Reign episode “The Consummation”? Specifically, something Mary and Francis-related? –Bree
Do I have anything on “The Consummation” aka the March 6 episode I watched just this morning? Oh yes. Most simply said, a lot happens. For one, Nostradamus has a new vision that, as he puts it, “changes everything.” Also, news of a significant death sets in motion events that will force Mary to make an impossible decision, and pronto, all while her deliciously devious mum (Private Practice‘s Amy Brenneman) plays puppetmaster in a way that must even impress Catherine. (Source: X)

* Promo Picture of Mary and Marie: HERE!

1x14: Dirty Laundry
Dirty Laundry” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, SV) (HDTV)

A LIFE-CHANGING SITUATION AFFECTS MARY AND HER NEW HUSBAND — Mary (Adelaide Kane) returns from her honeymoon and, suspicious of Lola’s (Anna Popplewell) strange behavior, uncovers a deception that changes everything. Bash (Torrance Coombs) encounters a confused and terrified Olivia (guest star Yael Grobglas), an escaped victim of the terrors of the woods, which causes him to enlist Nostradamus (Rossif Sutherland) for help. Meanwhile, when King Henry’s (Alan Van Sprang) odd behavior causes misfortune, he is forced to ask for Queen Catherine’s (Megan Follows) aid. Toby Regbo, Celina Sinden and Caitlin Stasey also star. The episode was directed by Norma Bailey with the teleplay by Edgar Lyall and story by Drew Lindo (#114).
Other Info:
*Photos: Reign Spoilers: Preview Images For "Consummation" and "Dirty Laundry" | KSiteTV

1x15: The Darkness
BASH WITNESSES THE DARKNESS OF THE WOODS — The castle is abuzz with First Light, where the women of the castle mingle with potential suitors. Much to Mary’s (Adelaide Kane) dismay, Lola (Anna Popplewell) is reluctant to participate in the tradition. After another violent incident with the increasingly erratic King Henry (Alan Van Sprang), Kenna (Caitlin Stasey) fears for her safety and confides in Queen Catherine (Megan Follows), while Bash (Torrance Coombs) experiences the terrors of the woods and vows to uncover the truth behind the Darkness. Toby Regbo and Celina Sinden also star. The episode was directed by Steve DiMarco and written by Charlie Craig (#115).

Other Info:

*Possible pic of Mary's room here

1x16: Untitled

[B]1x17: Untitled[/B]

Other Info:

*The @reignwriters account says this will be a bloody episode! (Source: X)

1x18: Untitled

Other Info:

*Olivia will be in this episode as she is filming in Toronto. (Source: X)
*Photo: Table Reading of Episode 18: Here.
*Photo: Mary & Francis: Here.

119: Untitled

Other Info:

* Table Read Photo
Multi episode promos:

GENERAL SPOILERS:

*A new character named Peneolope who is sexy and manipulative. This role will be recurring throughout the season. (Sources: X and X)

*“Kenna came to a relationship with the king with some naivete and she learns not only [do] you have political intrigue, but her heart gets a little more sophisticated as well and before the season ends, she goes on a rather extraordinary journey that ends with a surprising union for her.” (Source: X)

* Question: I am absolutely obsessed with the new show Reign. Any spoilers at all would be amazing. –Michelle
Ausiello: How about this? Torrance Coombs hints to TVLine that Bash might just get cozy with one of Mary’s ladies-in-waiting in a future episode. “There’s a strong possibility of that,” he says, but “maybe not in the way that you think.”[/FONT]

Last edited by firewall; 02-27-2014 at 09:41 PM
Old 02-26-2014, 08:25 AM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT!

Mmm:

there is a new spoiler about 12 having a shocking hook up,do you know if its anything to worry about?
I just read that spoiler on E! I literally have no idea. None. And I’m dying to find out.

(source: x)

A shocking hookup that isn't mentioned in 1x13. Mmm. I'm REALLY starting to think it's Francis and Lola now... I mean, we know 13 is going to be CRAZY packed full of stuff... I think it's very likely that if something happened between them they'd push it aside. (Then it resurfaces in 1x14) I don't know. I CAN'T WAIT!
Old 02-26-2014, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah i asked her that hoping for ease lol i get nothing haha

if that does happen i hope mary sends lola back to narnia
~“With my sword and with my life, I vow to keep you safe, Penellaphe,” he spoke, voice deep and smooth, reminding me of rich, decadent chocolate. “From this moment until the last moment, I am yours.”~ Hawke & Poppy
icon: B ē tt ⓨ
Old 02-26-2014, 08:32 AM
Absolute Fan

TFTNT, Rachel.

We've already been discussing that this morning. Not worried about Francis & Lola. One bit.

And it wouldn't be pushed aside, Francis sleeping with someone he shares scenes with in the current episode, and the episode he gets married in. Doubtful. He's the main love interest of the main character and male lead of the show when he's in the episode. His actions - especially as they relate to Mary - matter.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:32 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT.

F/L would be the shortest hook-up in history. One episode of talking and then bam!

icon
Old 02-26-2014, 08:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair_Verona (View Post)

if that does happen i hope mary sends lola back to narnia
I go in between liking Lola and not liking her... wonder how I'll feel after tonight!

Well, you know, nothing is implied in 13 about sex in the previous episode according to Mandy. She's just as curious because she said she had "questions, theories". So that makes me think if they are the hook-up in 12 that they won't hook up again 13? But then who does that leave to hook up? (Honestly, Henry having sex with anyone at this point is NOT pushing the envelope. He'll screw anything that moves.)
Old 02-26-2014, 08:34 AM
Elite Fan

Where is the official spoiler about the hook-up?

icon
Old 02-26-2014, 08:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon tart (View Post)
TFTNT, Rachel.

We've already been discussing that this morning. Not worried about Francis & Lola. One bit.

And it wouldn't be pushed aside, Francis sleeping with someone he shares scenes with in the current episode, and the episode he gets married in. Doubtful. He's the main love interest of the main character and male lead of the show when he's in the episode. His actions - especially as they relate to Mary - matter.
With the developments between him and Mary in 1x13 and the marriage wouldn't they have to push it aside? Would he come forth and confess? Would Lola? No, they'll probably only share "secret" looks (probably, 'omg what have we done' looks) once they are back at the castle because Francis will be too caught up in Mary and the marriage to have the time. Plus it probably didn't mean the world to him. It's probably something he'd want to put in the past once he's near Mary again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
Where is the official spoiler about the hook-up?
HERE.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

well with the 12 stills it looks like cathrine and nostradamus are close so maybe it will be them?
~“With my sword and with my life, I vow to keep you safe, Penellaphe,” he spoke, voice deep and smooth, reminding me of rich, decadent chocolate. “From this moment until the last moment, I am yours.”~ Hawke & Poppy
Old 02-26-2014, 08:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
well with the 12 stills it looks like cathrine and nostradamus are close so maybe it will be them?
I doubt it. She touched him like that in the last episode right after she implied that it was ridiculous that they could be lovers. They are just close friends. She really cares for him obviously and he for her, but it seems to be purely friendship.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Maybe. I mean, Clarissa is dying. Could be grief sex.

Thanks for the spoiler!

icon
Old 02-26-2014, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

well dang that stinks ugh now i'm super nervous lol counting on canadians to ease my worries tonight haha
Old 02-26-2014, 08:52 AM
Master Fan

I love how you guys are already blaming Lola for what COULD happen between she and Francis. Just remember...it takes two to dance the tango and Francis certainly isn't a saint (neither is Mary who if I recall is starting to have feelings for Bash).

I am more interested in seeing Lola's brother for example and see more of her background than stressing for something that could or couldn't happen.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy

Last edited by Maud&Danny; 02-26-2014 at 08:58 AM
Old 02-26-2014, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

i wouldn't be happy with francis either
Old 02-26-2014, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

I think we're go easier on Francis because he's an emotional mess, and Lola hasn't lost everything and Mary hasn't wronged her in quite awhile. Mary did try to save Colin after he almost attacked her. I'll be disappointed in Lola but I won't hate her.

I really wouldn't rule out Nos/Cat. Marie might discover that they slept together and use THAT to blackmail Nos into debunking the prophecy.

icon
Closed Thread   Post New Thread