Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2017, 11:26 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Yeah, if this Hook is a copy, I don't want to see him pining away for a woman he will never be with. That's ridiculous and a curse in and of itself. What a cruel joke existence would have played on him. He would deserve to find his own happiness and even if hypothetically speaking Emma could have been a potential TL for him, I think the show already established with Regina|Daniel|Robin Hood, it is possible to find more than one person to be happy with. This should apply to Rogers as well.

Thanks for the full interview, Sherry.
That's what I believe and potentially this could free Colin and allow him to play Hook for years to come without the writers having to explain a reunion that is never going to happen. I can see where it would be an actors dream. He gets to build Hook back from the ground up and convince the audience to care about this new character. I'm very excited to see what he does with Rogers/new Hook. You make a great point about these characters finding new love. I think Wish Robin also fits that mold. He looked like Robin, but Regina didn't feel a spark, but the Evil Queen did. The show has also shown that it's canon that once you cut a part of yourself away, that part becomes a new person and can't be re-integrated to the original. That will apply to Rogers as well.

ETA
I agree with so much of what is said here. The show has been spinning its wheels for a while now and season 7 is a chance for a fresh start.
Once Upon a Time's Rebooted Season 7 Just Might Surprise You If You Give It the Chance | E! News
Quote:
Change is never easy. That's a given. But big change is coming to Once Upon a Time when it returns for season seven on Friday, Oct. 6. And not everyone's thrilled about it.
All summer long, talk about the long-running ABC fantasy series has centered around the decision by co-creators Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis to give their show a major facelift. A majority of the cast, including star and one-half of the show's beloved central relationship Jennifer Morrison, did not receive new contracts. The sleepy town of Storybrooke, home to six seasons of inexplicable (and increasingly similar) curses, was being vacated in favor of the urban Seattle neighborhood Hyperion Heights. And the characters who were sticking around were getting new identities, new jobs, and new wardrobes. Suffice it to say, die hard fans haven't exactly shown a willingness to approach the reboot with an open mind.
But here's the thing: If they just gave the new season a chance, they might be pleasantly surprised to find, after a few seasons that felt like the show was merely spinning its wheels, that the Once Upon a Time has finally returned to form.
With the decision to re-focus the series on a grown-up Henry Mills (played by new series regular Andrew J. West, who bears a striking resemblance to his young predecessor, Jared Gilmore), Horowitz and Kitsis have wisely created a new season that harkens back to the heyday of season one (Like his mother Emma Swan before him, Henry has forgotten all about magic and is making ends meet as a driver for an Uber-like company), and yet still feels uniquely new. Whereas season one was a fun twist on familiar Disney stories, season seven is a fun meta-twist on OUAT's own history. And it works.
There's something fun about watching Lana Parrilla, Colin O'Donoghue and Robert Carlyle take on new roles with their cursed Hyperion Heights identities—Carlyle, especially. Trust us—but there's no doubt that the Regina, Hook and Gold we've come to know and love are hiding just beneath the surface. And the new actors added to the mix bring a spark of life that's frankly been missing from the series for some time now. (Sorry, not sorry.) Dania Ramirez's feisty new take on Cinderella and Gabrielle Anwar's ferocious Lady Tremaine are especially welcome additions, as is the mysterious new version of Alice (who's from more than just Wonderland, thank you very much!). Played by relative newcomer Rose Reynolds, this Alice—and her connection to Rumplestiltskin—will keep you on your toes.
All this is to say that there's a lot to be excited about in this brave new world that Once Upon a Time is building. And it would be a shame for professed fans of the series to turn their back on it now just because it's taking chances. We shouldn't want our TV shows to tell the same story for ever. Sometimes that necessitates saying goodbye (or, more accurately, "see you later," considering most of the departing actors are due to stop by for some visits) to characters whose stories have run their course. But there's still plenty of magic to be had here. Like Henry, fans just have to believe.

Once Upon a Time returns on Friday, Oct. 6 at 8 p.m. on ABC

Last edited by kristi_adela; 10-06-2017 at 12:41 PM
Old 10-06-2017, 01:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Old 10-06-2017, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for posting the article.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Yeah, if this Hook is a copy, I don't want to see him pining away for a woman he will never be with. That's ridiculous and a curse in and of itself. What a cruel joke existence would have played on him. He would deserve to find his own happiness and even if hypothetically speaking Emma could have been a potential TL for him, I think the show already established with Regina|Daniel|Robin Hood, it is possible to find more than one person to be happy with. This should apply to Rogers as well.

Thanks for the full interview, Sherry.
I thin if he IS a copy, he will probably only feel an echo of what real Hook feels. I'd bet, eventually, he will find a true love of his own as well. After all, this show is supposed to be about hope, though after Robin's death I don't really believe it is.

Still, unless this other Hook dies, which is always possible in this show, I'd say they won't be able to resist giving him a new love interest, after establishing he isn't the same Hook.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

Dania Ramirez’s Cinderella Story Begins on Once Upon a Time
Quote:
Dania Ramirez’s Cinderella Story Begins on Once Upon a Time

October 5, 2017
By Ingrid Meilan

New adventures and a brand-new journey begin on the season premiere of Once Upon a Time on Friday, October 6 (8–9:01 p.m. ET/PT), as Henry Mills leaves Storybrooke in search of his own story—a search that leads him to Hyperion Heights, a new realm where he encounters a troubled Cinderella (and her villainous evil stepmother Lady Tremaine!) and his course is forever changed. We recently chatted with Dania Ramirez, who joins the beloved series as Cinderella, about playing a key part in Once Upon a Time’s newest chapter.

D23: What does it feel like to be a Disney princess?
Dania Ramirez (DR): It’s iconic. I get to be literally a part of the Disney family and I get to play this iconic character in a completely different way. And what I find more interesting than anything is how groundbreaking it really is for the creators, Eddie and Adam, to have opened up their minds and taken us on this journey that we’ve known in the past, with a completely different vision. Because… I’m Latin! So growing up in the Dominican Republic, this was never a role that I could have ever imagined I’d ever get a chance to play. And when I went in to audition, they didn’t tell me that I was auditioning for Cinderella.

D23: What did you think you were there for?
DR: Honestly, they said it was Once Upon a Time, and I knew the show and I knew it was a big deal, and they told me, “We want to see if you have chemistry with the guy…,” with Andrew West, who was going to play Henry. So I just went in and kind of did my own thing, very raw and edgy, and I think they really responded to that because that’s the kind of Cinderella story that we want to tell. A lot more grounded. I’m a different kind of Cinderella!

D23: How did you make the role of Cinderella your own? What kind of direction did the creators tell you the character was going to be going?
DR: That’s what’s so great about this, they’re defining the role as we’re doing it, so I don’t know what’s going to happen and what direction we’re going. I know that I went in with a very specific perspective of wanting to play a very grounded character that has been through some struggles that people can relate to. I related to the writing when I read it. That’s my journey with this character, staying truthful. To me, it’s always more interesting to represent a story of struggle, and coming out on top later on and being a fighter. As a woman, I think that’s important, especially in today’s age. So I feel like it’s great to give her my voice.

D23: Will they do anything to acknowledge that there was a previous Cinderella? How will they address that?
DR: It’s like sometimes a book ends, and a new one opens. So I think this change is a great thing. It’s also, we have a lot of respect for the fans of the show and they’ve been a part of it and I know what that’s like. You feel like these characters are part of your life and you grow up with them! And then you take a different path and a different journey! And I know for me, when I became a mother, it was different kinds of struggles and now it’s looking at things from a different perspective. What’s great about it was you knew this other Cinderella and you knew about this other storybook with all these other characters and they got their happy endings and that chapter sort of ended. And you saw Henry as this kid who was the believer, season after season. And now, things have happened to him, he left. And you know that journey, when you leave your parents’ house for the first time and you try to find your own way. So I think we meet him a couple years later and there’s a lot that has happened to him in that time. He hasn’t really found the love of his life, and somehow Cinderella’s a little jaded herself. We start off kind of bickering, but I think there’s a lot of chemistry there. So we’ll see where they take it.

D23: Were you a big Disney fan growing up?
DR: Of course! But I didn’t grow up with electricity or even running water in the Dominican Republic or watch TV until I was 5! So in my own head, I created fantasies and I think it’s beautiful. I’ve always believed in fairytales—they’re magical. I feel like I’ve had my own Cinderella story in my life so now it’s amazing getting to define what this story is like. And there are tons of different ways to fall in love, and everybody can relate to that. In this one, I get to play this dual parallel love story where Cinderella—the first time she meets Henry—is younger, and what that is like. And then I get to find her later on, with a child, trying to really find that and find her love there. So that’s very different, I think, than the way that the love stories were told in Once Upon a Time in the first six years.

D23: Are you getting to do a lot of fun stunts, horseback riding, anything like that?
DR: Oh yeah! I’m wearing the ballgown and it’s ridiculous, and literally I’m pretty badass, I’m fighting with a sword! It is pretty cool. I call her Cinderella with an edge.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

7.02 sneak peek clip (apparently screened for the crowd at the Once Upon a Time panel at New Your Comic-Con)

https://twitter.com/leanneaguilera/s...08059383222272

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz_mCrBtUxI

This is it, Oncers!

When Jennifer Morrison announced in May that she would be leaving Once Upon a Time as a series regular, the 38-year-old actress revealed that she "agreed to appear in one episode" in the ABC drama's newly rebooted seventh season.

Morrison will make her return as Emma Swan in episode 702, airing next Friday, Oct. 13 -- and ET has your first look at the highly anticipated homecoming!
(We hope you're all fully freaking out because this one is definitely worth the wait.)

The sneak peek clip, which was first screened for the crowd at the Once Upon a Time panel at New Your Comic-Con on Friday, takes place "years ago" in Storybrooke.

The scene opens with swashbuckling sword fight between Killian (Colin O'Donoghue) and a teenage Henry (Jared Gilmore) aboard the Jolly Roger. It's an epic action fight that's giving us all the stepfather/son feels between Killian and Henry that we could ever want.

"Always watch the blade, I've got it," Henry says cockily as he has Killian on the ropes -- literally.

"Wow! I'm impressed," Emma beams proudly at her son. "You fight like your grandfather."

(Gasp! We weren't ready for Emma's return, Killian/Henry bonding and a Charming family reference all in one scene. Be still our Storybrooke-loving hearts!)

All of the sudden, Killian takes advantage of Henry's motherly distraction and quickly flips the battle in his favor. "Like I told you," the pirate warns. "Always keep your eye on the blade."

As Henry storms off, Emma confides to Killian that she's worried that her son is going to leave home soon and she's not ready to say goodbye just yet. Luckily for Emma, Killian has the perfect solution for his worried wife.

"It's a little bottle of magic," he explains. "You speak your message in here, add the name of your favorite pirate, drop it in the water and before you can say, 'Yo-ho-ho,' you'll find the person you seek." Hmm… that's definitely going to come in handy.

"A message in a bottle. Thank you," Emma says after giving her husband a grateful kiss.

"He's grown into a fine young lad," Killian reassures her. "And he is lucky to have a mother like you."

"He's lucky to have a pirate like you," she counters.

Once Upon a Time's seventh season premieres tonight at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC and Emma Swan makes her grand return in episode 702 next Friday on Oct. 13.

So what did you think, Oncers? Share your thoughts with @LeanneAguilera on Twitter!

Plus, who else loved the shot of Emma's wedding ring glinting in the light right as she kissed Killian? We sure did! So press play on the video below for a look back at Emma and Killian's magically musical wedding…

'Once Upon a Time' Season 7: Jennifer Morrison Returns! Watch Emma & Killian's Kiss-Filled Scene (Exclusive) | Entertainment Tonight
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Old 10-06-2017, 02:41 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for sharing the sneak peek. It's odd to see a sneak for episode 2 before 1 airs.

Last edited by Austenphile; 10-06-2017 at 02:54 PM
Old 10-06-2017, 02:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Old 10-06-2017, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw the 's one is sweet
Old 10-06-2017, 06:18 PM
Elite Fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtwjS2NIcFQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htQbRUyKXnM
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Old 10-06-2017, 06:28 PM
Master Fan

I wasn't hallucinating then! There were TWO Hook's in that promo!!
Old 10-06-2017, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

Two Hooks?

Wow. Didn’t see that coming.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I am curious to see what happens
Old 10-06-2017, 07:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Two Hooks?

Wow. Didn’t see that coming.
Because you have been living under a rock or in outer space, right? I think it is a Hook from a different time. And I am not sure who ends up in Hyperion Heights. Emma seems distressed though.

About tonight. I love how much EF Henry reminds me of Charming. Andrew is the perfect adult Henry and i can see Regina in Roni. Of the new characters, Alice is my favorite by far. I thought Rogers supposedly helped Henry look for the cemetery? That's the impression I had from reading the summary by the screener.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:31 PM
Elite Fan

Don’t diss my rock. It’s nice and cozy.