Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2017, 08:41 AM
Elite Fan

And we still have Easter coming up when they always drop.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Ratings back down.

Sitting at the bar with a drink and having Snow not be drunk but challenge the Vikings would have been funny. Drunk people just are not to me.
Believe me, normally I would think so either. I'm not a drinker and don't like to be around people who are drunk. But with a fake drunk scene I'm a little more lenient and just thought Ginny was funny. Other than that I think the episode was not interesting, even as an Oded Fehr fan.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm not surprised, except Easter it will likely stay at 0.8 borderline 0.9. Also I know we don't care that much about viewership but it's nearly the same so no big drop but that's still too bad. Afraid about it adjusting down but hopefully not.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think that with the ratings that the show has now, it should end without any season 7. Because the show is falling lower, the plots are mediocre in my opinion, displacing characters that should be important as a belle to the background, And absurd separations like CS, and many other things that are doing pity. So I hope this ends up in a decent way.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tactic2016 (View Post)
I think that with the ratings that the show has now, it should end without any season 7. Because the show is falling lower, the plots are mediocre in my opinion, displacing characters that should be important as a belle to the background, And absurd separations like CS, and many other things that are doing pity. So I hope this ends up in a decent way.
For now I'll disagree. There are a lot of flaws right now (that were kind of always there but really apparant lately) but I would like a last shortened season designed as a final season and advertised as such. It for now doesn't feel like it and a rating drop can't change that for me I know ratings are going to be such a mess but if it is part of a need to wrap everything, it'd do.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

Doesn't it seem like they're wrapping everything up already this season though?

And if the ratings are this low now and bound to go lower, what will they look like next year? When they've lost probably two of their big couples?

Does ABC think if they get rid of half the cast that somehow people will start watching and what in the world would make them believe such a strange thing?
Old 04-03-2017, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)

Does ABC think if they get rid of half the cast that somehow people will start watching and what in the world would make them believe such a strange thing?
No, I think they think they can save a whole lot of money by having fewer large salaries and still keep a show that is performing pretty well.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

I've been enjoying the show for the entire season myself.

I wish Snowing were featured more and in a better storyline, and Belle actually got more time, but that isn't a new issue - especially Belle - she's only ever utilized in storylines with Rumple, and even then, her POV and her character individually has never been explored outside of a handful of standalone eps. It's been that way since she was made a regular.

~Kat
Old 04-03-2017, 09:38 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I've never found drinking or drunk people funny as I just see all the problems that alcohol causes when I watch those scenes. So I thought Ginny did a great job but didn't enjoy those scenes. It would have been far more enjoyable to watch her take down the Vikings without the drinking. Yes, I know I am probably the only person on the planet that feels that way considering the success of Bad Moms, Bridesmaids, Hangovers, etc. but I just find it not funny at all.
The bar scenes felt like they were straight out of a bad romantic comedy. Honestly, I would have rather they saved them for the night before the wedding and had David, Hook, Archie and a few other other guts show up at the same bar and watch the women all take on the Vikings. It just seemed like a waste of time. I'm glad Charming approved it though and I am glad that Emma told him about Robert. I'm seeing that some people felt it should have been Hook, but since Emma was upset at Hook for keeping secrets, she couldn't do the same thing. I feel like Charming should have been more upset.

Next week the NVL scenes just look horrible.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
No, I think they think they can save a whole lot of money by having fewer large salaries and still keep a show that is performing pretty well.
But my point is look at where the ratings are now. They are obviously going to just go down more and they really have nowhere to go but the cellar so to speak. Is it really worth it knowing they'll just go even lower? They can't get viewers back with the cast they have now so why would they get viewers back when half the cast, possibly, is gone? I just don't know how profitable this would be for them.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

The ratings for Once are still better than many of their other shows. They're down crazy across the board. Once's drops are not as bad by comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi_adela (View Post)
The bar scenes felt like they were straight out of a bad romantic comedy. Honestly, I would have rather they saved them for the night before the wedding and had David, Hook, Archie and a few other other guts show up at the same bar and watch the women all take on the Vikings.
This made me really wish they had bachelor/bachelorette parties before a CS wedding. They probably didn't have time.

I think sometimes showerunners/writers underestimate how much fans would enjoy seeing the characters all together having fun for a decent amount of time in an episode. That for fans, that's just as enjoyable as all the drama, and that it's even necessary for the characters, IMO.

~Kat

Last edited by TheCheshireKitten; 04-03-2017 at 09:45 AM
Old 04-03-2017, 09:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten (View Post)
The ratings for Once are still better than many of their other shows. They're down crazy across the board. Once's drops are not as bad by comparison.
NO, but they're still not good. At .8 now in the demo and they always fall throughout the year. They may fall even further and next year they'll be at .6 or .5 or lower? Which is hard to believe but that's about par for how the ratings fall every year.

Really the only thing going for it right now is the fact that so many shows are doing worse on ABC although some of them not by that much.

But maybe they'll just do a shortened season and then do a finale, although it seems like most of the characters are getting some kind of HE this season. There's not much more of a HE for Snowing than they'll probably be getting, having their family together. And Rumple will either be dead or gone from the town with Belle. And how many more huge villains can there be out there?
Old 04-03-2017, 09:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi_adela (View Post)
The bar scenes felt like they were straight out of a bad romantic comedy. Honestly, I would have rather they saved them for the night before the wedding and had David, Hook, Archie and a few other other guts show up at the same bar and watch the women all take on the Vikings. It just seemed like a waste of time. I'm glad Charming approved it though and I am glad that Emma told him about Robert. I'm seeing that some people felt it should have been Hook, but since Emma was upset at Hook for keeping secrets, she couldn't do the same thing. I feel like Charming should have been more upset.

Next week the NVL scenes just look horrible.
Hope it's just an impression but I agree. After all this time of not seeing NVL anymore, it just feels weird. Also I don't think it will take a big part of the episode with the BF flashbacks and SB.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRomane (View Post)
Hope it's just an impression but I agree. After all this time of not seeing NVL anymore, it just feels weird. Also I don't think it will take a big part of the episode with the BF flashbacks and SB.
I don't understand why they're doing NVL, the Dark Realm and SB all in one episode. That's just too much, imo.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I don't understand why they're doing NVL, the Dark Realm and SB all in one episode. That's just too much, imo.
Agree. It's too bad bc I like Hook being linked to Neverland as it is a reference to the original material but here in this context and with a lot of other things to cram? I don't know.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread