Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2016, 05:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen107 (View Post)
Someone said it another spoiler thread and I think it is true that the writers of OuaT sadly only care about some few characters anymore and they have like the biggest bulk of the story and development and all and the others have very little or nothing. It was like this with Belle for a long time already, but now more and more characters of theirs are treated like this and it is worse because they have so many guest stars all the time too. If Robin Hood dies for good it is the dumbest story in my opinion because they come out of another story where they had all the characters do so much to bring one other character back and now for Robin Hood they cannot do the same, but the writers also treated others in ways that made no sense in the past and they want us to accept it like it's normal. I know some here like her and I respect this, but in my opinion it went wrong when Zelena came back and Robin Hood and Regina's story become all about her and it was not about them anymore, but about what the Wicked Witch does to them again and again and I feel sorry for the fans if it is true Robin has to die and then Zelena stays and they have to maybe watch her be forgiven and happy family with Regina so quickly like almost when Robin Hood's body is not even cold yet..... That is crazy if they do it and some stories of theirs looks much like favoritism with how they write for the characters now.
The writers do show favoritism. I guess that's probably true of writers of other shows as well, to be fair.

I will never get their Zelena love. It's certainly not born out by ratings. I'm not putting that all on her at all, just saying they are doing nothing but losing viewers, not gaining them, so their favoritism isn't really doing them any favors.

But yes, I think the OQ story was probably the worst written. It wasn't coherent at times. The addition of Zelena really hurt it. But what's funny is I think it was her that hurt it, not Robin, so they get rid of Robin?

I think it's very possible for Regina's happy ending to be her son. But I would also think a lot of her fans want her to have a romantic love as well.

And even with a nine month time jump, which would have to happen for the Rumbelle baby, I don't buy that she would fall in love with someone else again that soon. I still think there is hope that Robin will come back in the end though.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

about the time jump, can we be sure they'll do one? did i miss something?
maybe they'll just keep belle pregnant half of the season, or maybe being pregnant with a DO will make her have the baby sooner? if they do a significant time jump, they'll have to deal with 2 toddlers and i'm not sure they want this? i don't even try to understand their timeline anymore
Old 03-30-2016, 05:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen107 (View Post)
Someone said it another spoiler thread and I think it is true that the writers of OuaT sadly only care about some few characters anymore and they have like the biggest bulk of the story and development and all and the others have very little or nothing. It was like this with Belle for a long time already, but now more and more characters of theirs are treated like this and it is worse because they have so many guest stars all the time too. If Robin Hood dies for good it is the dumbest story in my opinion because they come out of another story where they had all the characters do so much to bring one other character back and now for Robin Hood they cannot do the same, but the writers also treated others in ways that made no sense in the past and they want us to accept it like it's normal. I know some here like her and I respect this, but in my opinion it went wrong when Zelena came back and Robin Hood and Regina's story become all about her and it was not about them anymore, but about what the Wicked Witch does to them again and again and I feel sorry for the fans if it is true Robin has to die and then Zelena stays and they have to maybe watch her be forgiven and happy family with Regina so quickly like almost when Robin Hood's body is not even cold yet..... That is crazy if they do it and some stories of theirs looks much like favoritism with how they write for the characters now.
I think there are finantial reasons behind killing Robin, but there is also the fact that they *obviously* would rather have Bex around than him. They want to tell *her* story, probably because of the Broadway musical,
and they just don't care if the character is popular or not, or if fans hated the arc or not. She is the new toy, and they don't care about Regina's story any longer.

Honestly, the only reason they haven't killed her yet is because they fear how popular Regina is, otherwise she would be gone already.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:15 AM
Elite Fan

I have accepted the writers are only consistently interested in developing Captain Swan and Swan Queen (friendship), probably because that's who are most vocal. They'll throw in Snowing, Rumbelle, Snow Queen, Captain Crocodile, Captain Charming, Evil Wicked, Regal Believer or Charming Family every once in a while. But it's mostly those two dynamics every episode. (Unless you count standing next to each other or holding hands in group scenes as developing a relationship).

Snowing had been built enough prior to season 4 to withstand that treatment as had Rumbelle. Outlaw Queen had not so it has suffered the most.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:24 AM
Master Fan

I agree, but I also think they're developing Henry's character this last two season, only not in terms of relationships but rather for his own persona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyy (View Post)
about the time jump, can we be sure they'll do one? did i miss something?
maybe they'll just keep belle pregnant half of the season, or maybe being pregnant with a DO will make her have the baby sooner? if they do a significant time jump, they'll have to deal with 2 toddlers and i'm not sure they want this? i don't even try to understand their timeline anymore
No, but they need one I think For Henry's age, to progress the Rumbaby SL and to have Regina cope with Robin's death in a more realistical time.

RoseBennett
Old 03-30-2016, 05:27 AM
Elite Fan

Neal looked really small in Granny's arms during the portal scene. So unless they're gone a very long time (with everyone else staying in NY for months wearing the same clothes), I don't think there's one this season. Unless it's right before the final scene.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

but if they start this storyline with the brothers this season, how would a time jump fit now? wouldn't they wait for this SL to finish and then make it happen?
ETA: so you guys are saying they're doing it after robin's death? it could be... but as Austenphile said, Neal still looked like a baby...
Old 03-30-2016, 05:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyy (View Post)
but if they start this storyline with the brothers this season, how would a time jump fit now? wouldn't they wait for this SL to finish and then make it happen?
It's hard to tell. They already had a magically sped up pregnancy this season so I'm not sure if they'll do that or not with Rumbelle. It's the Dark One's baby so anything is possible but I think they will almost have to have some kind of time jump.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:32 AM
Extreme Fan

You know what I think? I think the writers do believe characters are interchangeable. For example, I get that Emilie was pregnant, but I don't think this was the reason they made Belle pregnant,
since she is barelly around. I think they believe that if Rumple has another son, then it's ok they killed Neal and he would get a
happy ending.

I keep thinking about that AU last season. It's happening this season: Rumple as a hero (it did happen for part of the season), with Belle and a son. And, in the end, even in the AU Rumple made the wrong choice.
Then, we had CS falling in love in the AU and Killian dying (check). James mentioned in the AU (supposedly Snow's lost love so she settled for the twin), and him
appearing the Underworld (check). Robin and Regina apart, and him marrying Zelena, while Regina ended the story *alone* (since Robin didn't fall in love with her in the AU)
and dying. The twist is, they are going to make his death as paying the price for being *saved* by magic, but Robin only died, in the first place so that Regina wouldn't, so, we are back to the AU again.

Not to mention the AU forshadows Regina's heroic death (alone). It is *obvisouly* not happening this season, but I'm pretty sure it will happen by the end of the show. It was only postponed.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:42 AM
Elite Fan

They've mentioned Daniel quite a bit this season. Maybe Regina's " happy ending" will be a heroic death then meeting up with Daniel and her father in the better place to wait for Henry and the rest of the Charmings to join them?

This arc has expanded my horizons for hope and happy endings. Death has been shown to be the beginning in a way.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:59 AM
Master Fan

Eh, still doesn't sound hopeful at all to me.

I thought if there was a time jump it was between them coming back and the portal (Robin's death happening right after the coming back), but yeah, with baby Neal still very much a baby I don't think it's very likely

RoseBennett
Old 03-30-2016, 06:21 AM
Elite Fan

My speculations for the rest of the season:

Captain Swan gets engaged
The TLK is either Violet/Henry or some combination Mulan/Ruby/Dorothy
Arthur dies in 5.21
There's a time jump before the last scene with another memory loss
Old 03-30-2016, 06:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
My speculations for the rest of the season:

Captain Swan gets engaged
The TLK is either Violet/Henry or some combination Mulan/Ruby/Dorothy
Arthur dies in 5.21
There's a time jump before the last scene with another memory loss
Captain Swan. Likely, IMO.

TLK. Either Emma/Hook to explain them beating Hades or Mulan/Ruby.

Arthur. Too hot to die. I think we saw his double on set though going through the portal, didn't we?

Possible time jump. But another memory loss? Bite. Your. Tongue.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:27 AM
Elite Fan

I thought there wasa Guin double but no one in Arthur's armor. I might be wrong and someone was there. I just thought there wasn't and Liam filmed earlier so it was probably his death scene.

ETA

Old 03-30-2016, 06:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
They've mentioned Daniel quite a bit this season. Maybe Regina's " happy ending" will be a heroic death then meeting up with Daniel and her father in the better place to wait for Henry and the rest of the Charmings to join them?

This arc has expanded my horizons for hope and happy endings. Death has been shown to be the beginning in a way.
Regina has moved on from Daniel, so, I'd expect her happy ending in the AfterLife to be about meeting Robin and her father there, not Daniel...

Apart from that, I agree her ending will be something like that, apart from the waiting for Henry part. I don't think they will show Henry or any other character dying. If, and that's a big *if*, they care enough to show us her happy ending.

Her last scene will probably be her death, while telling Emma (because I'm pretty sure she will be dying saving her life, with Henry not even around) that it's ok, she will meet Robin and her father there, and to tell Henry she will *always* love him.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread