Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2016, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have a nice condo in denial land I don't want to leave yet lol. I don't want a Lost ending. I want happy in the present
Old 03-11-2016, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

I really can't see them killing off any of the Disney princesses. I guess anyone else is fair game but I think in a show about fairytales and hope they're kind of crossing a line here.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:12 AM
Elite Fan

I actually can see them killing one of them off. I hope that Belle and Snow are safe but if one of them wanted to leave, I think they might kill them off. Though it would be more likely that Belle left Rumple to travel the world. And Josh and Ginny are pretty much a package deal so they'd write them off together somehow.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:12 AM
Master Fan

Instead of killing off just move them to a part of SB where they're never heard from again.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:13 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen107 (View Post)
But I don't know too if I can still watch it for seasons 7 or 8 or more and if more and more of the cast leave.
I honestly don't think they'll stay on air that long. Unlike Grey's Anatomy or LO: SVU, ONCE isn't a procedural show. Its appeal remains largely tied to the extended Charming-Mills-Stiltskin family instead of the Disney material they're burning through in their 2 closed arcs per season.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 03-11-2016, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think any of the disney princes and princesses will die. I think if it's Robin like with neal he will tell regina to find happiness elsewhere and she'll promise to take care of roland and Green bean

I guess Regina's he will be familial.

I think if Gosh wanted to leave I guess they could be cursed to stay in another realm like Neverland but not dying
Old 03-11-2016, 07:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda (View Post)
I honestly don't think they'll stay on air that long. Unlike Grey's Anatomy or LO: SVU, ONCE isn't a procedural show. Its appeal remains largely tied to the extended Charming-Mills-Stiltskin family instead of the Disney material they're burning through in their 2 closed arcs per season.
I say it'll get it's desired 7 seasons.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I actually can see them killing one of them off. I hope that Belle and Snow are safe but if one of them wanted to leave, I think they might kill them off. Though it would be more likely that Belle left Rumple to travel the world. And Josh and Ginny are pretty much a package deal so they'd write them off together somehow.
I think Belle and Snow are the only two really safe, well and Henry and probably Emma as well. I don't think, if they kill Robin, anyone else will die though.

But Snow White and Belle are huge, iconic Disney figures. I really would be stunned if Disney gave them the okay to kill either one of them.

The thing with 7 seasons though is, they are at a 1.3 in the demo right now. They have historically just gone lower every year like most shows do. By Season 7 that would put them at what, .7 or .8? Or lower? I know they look at more things than the live ratings but that's not good, imo. We'll see though. I'm not saying this is absolutely what's going to happen, just that 7 seasons at this point seems, unless they suddenly get back a lot of viewers, to be not that feasible.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I think Belle and Snow are the only two really safe, well and Henry and probably Emma as well. I don't think, if they kill Robin, anyone else will die though.

But Snow White and Belle are huge, iconic Disney figures. I really would be stunned if Disney gave them the okay to kill either one of them.

The thing with 7 seasons though is, they are at a 1.3 in the demo right now. They have historically just gone lower every year like most shows do. By Season 7 that would put them at what, .7 or .8? Or lower? I know they look at more things than the live ratings but that's not good, imo. We'll see though. I'm not saying this is absolutely what's going to happen, just that 7 seasons at this point seems, unless they suddenly get back a lot of viewers, to be not that feasible.
ABC shows just premiering are delivering 0.8's those.

Heck Quantico that was competing with Once for show of the night on broadcast TV in the fall has fallen so quickly.

That just goes to show you the TV landscape.

Ratings matter but it's not all that matters specifically since renewal depends on how the show will fair against other shows on their own network.

A network needs both comedies and drama's. ABC has plenty of well performing comedies but aside from Shonda shows and Once they have nothing. Especially nothing for their Sunday block.

They need Once still, because they can't find even anything remotely near the same level of performance and their new shows are doing very bad.

This is just the TV landscape now, nobody watches live anymore.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:24 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Agreed. And ONCE relies heavily on location shoots and CGI, which likely means it's not the cheapest show for ABC to produce either. All speculation of course, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Adam and Eddy are going to start writing season 6 with the knowledge in mind that it'll be their last.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 03-11-2016, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I also think the last episode was an amazing example of hope. Death isn't the end. Henry Sr and Neal both found their "Happy Endings" after death. I expect a Lost style series ending with everyone reuniting in the "better place".
Agree with this.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda (View Post)
Agreed. And ONCE relies heavily on location shoots and CGI, which likely means it's not the cheapest show for ABC to produce either. All speculation of course, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Adam and Eddy are going to start writing season 6 with the knowledge in mind that it'll be their last.
Eh I still say they will get their desired 7. ABC has literally nothing to replace Once with from the shows they've ordered and even moreso because two ABC shows have premiered to abysmal ratings. It just doesn't seem financially smart to get rid of an established performer for the network for a new toy that we have no idea how it will perform and the trend unfortunately points to a low rated show unless it's a Shonda show.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree the network is not going to get rid of OUAt if it's gets some of the network highest ratings
Old 03-11-2016, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

New Thread