Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2014, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
And for feeding him a half eaten poptart but not for letting Regina go after she admitted to holding Sidney hostage in the mirror. And Hook was criticized for taking the walkie talkie away when Charming was talking to Emma. And Charming for "usurping" Emma by being co-sheriff. And Snow for not standing up to Regina for Emma. Those four can't breathe without being given a hard time.

But excusecme I am just getting tired of certain characters getting a hard time for every single thing and others only getting criticized when it is something really big.
The walkie talkie one drove me nuts and also Hook for stoping for going after Regina in 4.1
Old 10-31-2014, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
But still before I condemn anyone, even RUmple for his recent behavior I'd rather wait and see what the writers have in mind. But reading all these posts make me beleive that my instict is right and I should stop watching.

I'm hating this mroe and more, and they have compeltely ruined Rumple.

forget that he sacrificed himself and did something heroic, forget everythign from season 3.. they decided to ruin him instead..

ugh..
It's too early and the story has only just begun. I guessing this struggle will be a season long arc for Rumple. The spoilers aren't clear and he may be trying to keep the Sorcerer's Hat out of SQ's hands, too. So it all depends and context matters, IMHO. Let's see what Rumple knows and he'll probably, I hope, help the townsfolk in the end (with Belle's prodding ) and assist in the defeat of the Snow Queen.

Last edited by CityGal; 10-31-2014 at 10:40 AM
Old 10-31-2014, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I need to know what's going on with Belle she looks really desperate and shaken
Old 10-31-2014, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I agree with you CityGal. I still consider Snow morally right even if her method of killing Cora was truly awful. Snow made a mistake in her desperation a d grief but her intent to save her family was right even if the method and the part driven by revenge was not. Same with her decision to effectively commit suicide by asking Regina to kill her. And I still consider Charming to be morally right despite his mistake in lying to Snow about the Dreamshade (or even Excalibur) because his intent to protect his family (or convince Snow to believe in herself) came from a pure place. Or Snow and Charming sacrificing Charming for the new curse. Or even if a character really had bad motives and did one thing awful when they were desperate. How would that take away their overall moral goodness? To me, no matter why Belle does it, she is still morally good because one mistake or poor choice does not change your overall character.
The thing is that, in every of those examples, it was always the "right guys" going after the "bad guys" the wrong way and for good reasons. Personally, I didn't like how Snow killed Cora and I found it OOC but it could make sense to a certain extent because Cora was about to kill everyone she loved.

With Belle it IS different for two reasons:
1. Rumple never threatened her or the persons she loves (or so are we supposed to believe)
2. Rumple is her "True Love" and her husband.

I understand where Rhonwen is coming from on this, because the main problem here isn't only about Belle but about the fact that this is HER "true love" she's manipulating to get what she wants...

As I said earlier, I don't ship Rumbelle, but if something like that happened with Emma/Hook, like if Emma used some of her magic to control Hook at this point of their relationship, I personally wouldn't enjoy it and I would completely understand why Hook wouldn't be able to trust her after that eventhough I know Emma might be in the right, eventhough I know she's doing it for right reasons/to help other people, eventhough I know Hook has been lying to her about the whole blackmailing thing. Hook wouldn't take aways Emma's free will, he respects her and her choices and I would hope Emma would react the same way with him...
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 10-31-2014, 10:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I dont think anyone is arguing that point.

I dont think taking away someone's free will is right. even for the right reasons.

But still before I condemn anyone, even RUmple for his recent behavior I'd rather wait and see what the writers have in mind. But reading all these posts make me beleive that my instict is right and I should stop watching.

forget that he sacrificed himself and did something heroic, forget everythign from season 3.. they decided to ruin him instead..

ugh..
It isn't right. Nor was murdering Cora with dark magic even for the right reason (and Snow is one of my faves but I hated that storyline) or a myriad of other things the characters have done. But it doesn't make Belle have less moral rightness if she made a wrong choice when desperate or for the right reason.

I am sorry you are so frustrated right now. I think Rumple still looks sympathetic. He's got an addiction to power that he can't break even more so now that he lost his son while he was powerless and is afraid of losing Belle. He just wants to stay out of the Snow Queen's way and his motive might be to keep Belle safe. He's never been interested in doing something for others that doesn't benefit himself except for Belle and Bae so not gwtting involved is very in character. I actually think this scene is intended to show him sympathetically that he has every reason to be concerned about losing power because without it he won't be able to protect Belle. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited by Austenphile; 10-31-2014 at 10:54 AM
Old 10-31-2014, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I dont think anyone is arguing that point.

I dont think taking away someone's free will is right. even for the right reasons.

ugh..
This may turn out okay in the end. I'm happy that they are at least giving Belle something to do. I don't have a huge problem with this, even though I know she's wrong. Mainly because I'm so mad at him. But I think it blows over pretty quickly, whatever it is that happens in the shop.

And you're right. We need to wait and see what's going on. I would love to think there is more going on with him than meets the eye. But if it's a straight up addiction story then I just hope they start to portray him sympathetically.

Quote:
I need to know what's going on with Belle she looks really desperate and shaken
I know. Can't wait to see what's happening.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I do agree Belle is human and we don't know the context. I do agree that is wrong like I would hate if Emma used Hooks heart to tell him what plan is Rumple
Old 10-31-2014, 11:06 AM
Absolute Fan

Script tease from Adam:

Source
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 10-31-2014, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

Haha, gotta love Sassgina! Thanks for bringing that over.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's funny
Old 10-31-2014, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the script tease! Still patiently waiting for the Hot Seat!!!
Old 10-31-2014, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda (View Post)
Script tease from Adam:

Source
added to OP. Thanks Koda

the sass is strong with this one.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
Thanks for the script tease! Still patiently waiting for the Hot Seat!!!
That script tease is very funny.

And I dread the Hot Seat. But yet, I have to see what they say. I can't help myself.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
the sass is strong with this one.
LOL, I see what you did there.

I'm dreading the hot seat but I also need it...now...
Old 10-31-2014, 11:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Evil ice cream truck! Thank you Koda.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread