Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
I think saying Disney can veto everything A&E do with the characters is too conspiracy theory for me. This is a show that made Snow White a killer and Belle's beloved father someone who wanted to take away his daughters free will. I think that is more damaging than giving them a heroes death. Their control over the Frozen characters is the exception, not the rule.

And everything that is copyrighted is protected, Disney is no exception. My high school tried to do several musicals and ran into red tape with each one.

I'm not saying they have no say I just think it's less than you think.
But it is also a TV network. All show runners on any show must run their story arc ideas for approval each season. Any and every network would have the creator outline and storyboard their story arcs each season for each character. Every network till runs by regulations (though tv and cable are different), and it is the executives job to know what is broadcast over the airway on each of their shows.

It is about the images of characters.

Second, they are Disney characters (except Emma and Henry). Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, etc...all represent iconic Disney characters and are a brand worth billions $$. Just because Adam and Eddy want to give them a "twist" doesn't take away from the them being iconic brands. Having Cinderella have a baby out of wedlock is minor in that at the end the couple, in SB, came together. The story is essentially the same, but arrived via creative detour.

Snow White as a "killer" - did she shoot Cora? Jab a sword into her? No. She said her name over a candle and wasn't even in the room when Cora died! Can you put any more physical distance between Snow and the victim in an episode? So from an executive POV, it didn't damage the "image" of Snow White and yet the character spent how many episodes moaning and wrecked with guilt about what she had done? Snow White couldn't appear to enjoy or feel justify in killing someone.

Adam and Eddy last year would have had to outline the thematic arc of the season as well as the individual character arcs. ABC-TV would expect it of them and they would especially have to disclose if they were going to kill a character (also $ related) and by whom. ABC definitely withholds the rights to say no or alter a part of the story if the networks deemed it inappropriate or risqué

Last edited by CityGal; 11-01-2014 at 11:08 AM
Old 11-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think saying Disney can veto everything A&E do with the characters is too conspiracy theory for me. This is a show that made Snow White a killer and Belle's beloved father someone who wanted to take away his daughters free will. I think that is more damaging than giving them a heroes death. Their control over the Frozen characters is the exception, not the rule.

And everything that is copyrighted is protected, Disney is no exception. My high school tried to do several musicals and ran into red tape with each one.

I'm not saying they have no say I just think it's less than you think.
Disney though is really , really protective. I think they are kind of in a category by themselves when it comes to their characters. They probably make more money than anyone in their "brands." Ariel, Belle, Elsa, etc., are everywhere. Their images are plastered on things all over the place. So I can't imagine that Disney doesn't have some input. I can't even begin to imagine they would give up rights to their princesses to where A&E can just do anything they want with the Disney princess characters.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm agreeing with you guys, I just think that saying Belle couldn't be killed off just because she's a Disney princess just isn't happening in my opinion. If it's your opinion that it is then that's cool!

I don't think Belle will be killed off, I do think Hook might "die" and Emma will have to save him.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I want Merida to have been the one to teach Snow how to use a bow.
I thought Ruby taught Snow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
12 but still old enough to be with Merida. So far I want him to be with Grace or Gretel so we can see them again
Only 12? They should make him 13 at the very least. He is too big for a 12 year old... So, too young for Merida... Pity. She would be perfect for him to have his first crush.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
I thought Ruby taught Snow?

Only 12? They should make him 13 at the very least. He is too big for a 12 year old... So, too young for Merida... Pity. She would be perfect for him to have his first crush.
I do think it was Ruby. And yeah Henry is considerably larger than my 12 year old. But if he is older than 12 the timeline for Emma and Henry not knowing the Frozen characters wouldn't work because it would be late 2013 or early 2014 after the movie came out.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Emma said he was 12 in JR and that was around 4 weeks ago once time maybe less
Old 11-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

They need to have another one year time jump or have each season be a year instead of a few werks or months. Jared is just getting too mature to pass as 12.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Each season should have more time pass
Old 11-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

x

S0 4x11 is indeed called "Heroes and Villains".
Old 11-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmmmm...

Link: the Belle tag line on the photo is unexpected. /http://onceabc.tumblr.com/post/101521416630/tomorrow-belles-past-will-drive-her-to-take-a

| OnceABC: Tomorrow, Belle’s past will drive her to take a treacherous journey. #OnceUponATime is all-new tomorrow at 8|7c
On my phone and can't bring photo over.

Last edited by CityGal; 11-01-2014 at 10:13 PM Reason: added photo
Old 11-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Master Fan

Are we really supposed to believe Belle would risk her marriage over........Anna?

I haven't been mad about Belle using the dagger because of all that Rumple is doing and because I figured if was probably because if Belle's mother but this is really because of some girl Belle probably knew for a few days?

That's kind of up there with Rumple betraying Belle's trust in the unbelievable writing area.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:06 PM
PWC
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Are we really supposed to believe Belle would risk her marriage over........Anna?

That's kind of up there with Rumple betraying Belle's trust in the unbelievable writing area.
I disagree. Belle is not a selfish person. She has been shown to be very compassionate to all people, not just the people closest to her. I think she is exactly the type of person to risk her own marriage to save the life of someone else. Which I think is the right thing to do.

Gold, on the other hand, has not shown any good intentions for his actions so far.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

I agree Gold has not shown good intentions and he certainly isn't putting Belle first. But her using the dagger on him and controlling him is extreme. I would understand more if it had to do with her mother, but I don't know that her briefly knowing Anna justifies this.

But of course since there have been no articles or interviews about this episode it's hard to get perspective on where they're coming from.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

An interview would definitely have helped! I guess we will find out tomorrow what it's all about.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
An interview would definitely have helped! I guess we will find out tomorrow what it's all about.
It bothers me that there hasn't been anything.

Last edited by Belleislove; 11-01-2014 at 05:16 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread