Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2014, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Snow was great tonight. I loved the first part of the episode
Aw man. i can't wait to see it. The date was ending just as I turned it on.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Ok CSers... Let's all saunter up to the bar. Grab a stool. We'll have to wait till OUAT shows on the West Coast for CityGal to pour drinks.

Is this a bit of a retread of the Zelena storyline though? With Hook being cursed and not telling Emma and her freaking out?
Old 10-19-2014, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I am feeling the same way I did when Jr first aired happy in the beginning but frustrated and antsy in the end.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Hook - I feel bad for him-

But I see a parallel to rumple and hook

Kind of funny, they seem not to be able to get away from each other.

But back to the parallel. - both men have women they love, both have changed to a point. But it appears rumple is falling back to his old ways rather quickly and without realizing it. While hook thought he was 100% reformed but has only started the trip but appears to realize his situation vs rumple

So. ? Is which woman will fight for her man. ??
Old 10-19-2014, 06:46 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNRoll (View Post)
Ok CSers... Let's all saunter up to the bar. Grab a stool. We'll have to wait till OUAT shows on the West Coast for CityGal to pour drinks.

Is this a bit of a retread of the Zelena storyline though? With Hook being cursed and not telling Emma and her freaking out?
Well now that you mention it, it's similar to the cursed lips where Hook is once again blackmailed by a villain involving his body part.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:47 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I am just so pessimistic. I don't think Hook will tell her and she'll dump him and I am going to cry in my pillow
Aww! I love hook but I'm glad they are doing this storyline. Turning good after years of living a dark life isn't something that will happen overnight. Last season they didn't show his struggle much at all except for when he choose his ship over saving Eric, and he felt ashamed afterwards.

Like Regina and Rumple, Hook will struggle with his inner demons. I think he wants and can be the hero, we seen it already, but like other reformed villains will backtrack. I love that they are bringing back Rumple vs hook. It sadly was ignored last season. What is interesting to me is both were in the complete wrong this episode so no fan wars should be happening against hook and Rumple fans.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:48 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydays6 (View Post)
Aww! I love hook but I'm glad they are doing this storyline. Turning good after years of living a dark life isn't something that will happen overnight. Last season they didn't show his struggle much at all except for when he choose his ship over saving Eric, and he felt ashamed afterwards.

Like Regina and Rumple, Hook will struggle with his inner demons. I think he wants and can be the hero, we seen it already, but like other reformed villains will backtrack. I love that they are bringing back Rumple vs hook. It sadly was ignored last season. What is interesting to me is both were in the complete wrong this episode so no fan wars should be happening against hook and Rumple fans.
I just hope it'll give us more good Hook/Rumple scenes.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it's clear they both bring out the worst in each other
Old 10-19-2014, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNRoll (View Post)

Still have a little over an hour so I'll pour than excuse myself in a bit.

Old 10-19-2014, 06:54 PM
Elite Fan

I think this season all the characters are struggling with their inner demons. For Hook, Rumple and Regina, it is fighting against darkness in themselves. For Snow and Charming, it is dealing with their guilt over not raising Emma. And for Emma it is still the feeling of being abandoned. And Belle will probably have to deal with whether or not to stay so optimistic.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

There's a Canadian promo for next week on tumblr:
Once Upon a Time “Breaking Glass” Canadian promo | IHaveNoOpinionOnTheMatter
Old 10-19-2014, 06:55 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I think this season all the characters are struggling with their inner demons. For Hook, Rumple and Regina, it is fighting against darkness in themselves. For Snow and Charming, it is dealing with their guilt over not raising Emma. And for Emma it is still the feeling of being abandoned. And Belle will probably have to deal with whether or not to stay so optimistic.
That explains Snow and Charming acting like it's prom. I guess Belle will probably have to deal with whatever it is during the episode where her mom is supposed to appear.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks
Old 10-19-2014, 06:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
You'll be disappointed because I am not defending anyone. They were all in the wrong! I did like Rumple pulling one over on Hook!

I looked forward to you defending Hook when he is painted in as bad a light as Rumple is!
I'm sorry but no not even close. Don't even try to say that Hook and Rumple are portrayed in the same light in this episode.. Hook is portrayed in the same light as Anna was in the Rumple situation.

All Hook did was do what Rumple wanted to get the hand off of him because he didn't want to cause any harm to anybody he loved.

Meanwhile Rumple trapped someone in the sorcerers hat. Has framed Hook for the "disappearance" of the apprentice. Has warned him that he will have no problem killing Emma, should Hook not continue to work with him.

What exactly has Hook done aside from Rumple's work that depicts him in this dark light you speak of? Yeah he started the blackmail, but his blackmail did not involve ever killing Belle, unlike Rumple.

He punched The Knave from breaking and entering into the library, wow.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:06 PM
Passionate Fan

I think the point is, Hook has repressed some of his darker, more vicious urges...but they aren't quite gone. I don't think he is on the same level as Rumple has the capability of being(as far as darkness goes)...but it is obvious that he has even been kidding himself about how reformed he is. Poor Hook. He is trying so hard he doesn't even know himself entirely.

Well, ultimately I think this is going to be a good thing, and I'm really looking forward to seeing Hook and Rumple "work together" again. They play well off each other, and Hook could use a little more conflict in his life. I believe that ultimately CS will work out, just like I believe Rumple and Regina will eventually overcome their darker selves and get their happy endings. So I think we can all handle what is coming.

~Katie~
Closed Thread   Post New Thread