Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2014, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh right didnt think about that. Maybe he can ask Rumple to have that Prince Charles outfit again
Old 09-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth_m (View Post)
I think the issue is - or at least for me - how would she know where Snow's hiding place is if they've never met?
But I belong strongly to the "wait and see but over-think on the way" group.
Well if Snow was among the people, it would not be difficult for someone to figure out where she was hiding. She wasn't exactly a nobody, which makes it even harder to keep a hiding place secret. Honestly, I think the whole "Marian knows where Snow is hiding" was just a plot point to have her captured by Regina and eventually freed by Emma. I don't think A&E put much thought into it (beyond that) but we shall see.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth_m (View Post)
I think the issue is - or at least for me - how would she know where Snow's hiding place is if they've never met?
But I belong strongly to the "wait and see but over-think on the way" group.
Marian was involved with an organized group of outlaws who had a distribution network to get supplies and money to the needy and probably had some means of fencing some of the more valuable/recognizable objects. Snow was operating as an outlaw and trying to contact at least one other person on the wrong side of the law--and pirates have to have some means of fencing some of the stuff they steal, too. Depending on how they're playing the story, Marian was also either a noble or associated with the upper class.

So, Marian could have just been able to realize Snow had been involved in something. She could have been involved in some subset of Merry Men work (fencing or distributing stuff to poor people/people on the run) and found out about Snow. She might even have been ignorantly involved and only found out after she was captured by Regina that Margaret Mary (or whatever alias Snow used) was the missing princess.

Of course, maybe she was planning on leaving Robin and was trying to book passage with Blackbeard. Or Hook.

I hope they do have a backstory planned, because it wouldn't take that much work.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Oh right didnt think about that. Maybe he can ask Rumple to have that Prince Charles outfit again
Old 09-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
Marian was involved with an organized group of outlaws who had a distribution network to get supplies and money to the needy and probably had some means of fencing some of the more valuable/recognizable objects. Snow was operating as an outlaw and trying to contact at least one other person on the wrong side of the law--and pirates have to have some means of fencing some of the stuff they steal, too. Depending on how they're playing the story, Marian was also either a noble or associated with the upper class.

So, Marian could have just been able to realize Snow had been involved in something. She could have been involved in some subset of Merry Men work (fencing or distributing stuff to poor people/people on the run) and found out about Snow. She might even have been ignorantly involved and only found out after she was captured by Regina that Margaret Mary (or whatever alias Snow used) was the missing princess.

Of course, maybe she was planning on leaving Robin and was trying to book passage with Blackbeard. Or Hook.

I hope they do have a backstory planned, because it wouldn't take that much work.
she wasent planning on leaving with Hook. He would have recognized her and told Emma if she tried to book a passage. I don't think she was leaving Robin we saw how happy she was to be reunited and was in pain of being away from her family. I can go with the other things
Old 09-06-2014, 09:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)

Adam confirming that they didn't know each other makes me think it was just a throwaway connection to advance the plot but would be nice if they were more to the story. I can't see Marian planning to leave Robin though and not necessarily because of Robin but because of Roland. There's no plausible scenario as to why she'd want to leave her child behind, or at least not one I'd want to see.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

scorpio_chick and kelaine - those are all valid theories. I personally would hope Snow took better care to hide, but I agree it would be hard for her.
I definitely think A&E have a plan for this storyline- they did go through all the extra trouble to create it and make it a big deal throughout the finale and with lots of consequences for the future...

my semi-active tumblr
Old 09-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

few more posts to close this one out.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Adam confirming that they didn't know each other makes me think it was just a throwaway connection to advance the plot but would be nice if they were more to the story. I can't see Marian planning to leave Robin though and not necessarily because of Robin but because of Roland. There's no plausible scenario as to why she'd want to leave her child behind, or at least not one I'd want to see.
They wouldn't have to know each other or have met, just that Marian was in a position to know or figure something out. Maybe Snow was hiding with some peasants and gave them a ring to sell. The peasant couldn't sell a valuable ring like that but knew Marian could. Or Snow fenced the ring with someone Marian did business with, and Marian recognized it as something belonging to a member of the royal family when most people wouldn't. Anything where Marian put two and two together.

Or maybe she didn't put two and two together. Maybe Marian was asked to do something (like sell a ring) by an intermediary (like a peasant Snow was hiding with) and didn't realize it was Snow's till Regina's guards showed up demanding answers.

On leaving Robin:

It would be sad and sweet if Marian left because she believed she was a danger to Robin and Roland. Maybe she realized the "price" of saving her life would come due and might hit those closest to her but that they would be protected (and it would only hit her) if she left.

Of course, I'm assuming Marian now believes losing four years (or 32, depending how you count) with her family counts as the price and they're now safe. Hope she's right. . . .
Old 09-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Hook can also dress like Disney Prince Charming lol
Disney Prince Charming has TWO hands! What new attachment would Hook have to replace his assault weapon?
Old 09-06-2014, 10:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
That would be a little creepy for Emma. Like dating her father.
lol

I'm sure Charming would love that.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus (View Post)
Disney Prince Charming has TWO hands! What new attachment would Hook have to replace his assault weapon?
He has a prosthetic hand he uses sometimes. Plus he might get his real hand this season
Old 09-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

almost done...

Last edited by CityGal; 09-06-2014 at 10:44 PM
Old 09-06-2014, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Whats the title ?
Old 09-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

New Thread

http://www.fanforum.com/f15/ouat-s-s.../#post77867620