Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2014, 07:09 AM
Master Fan

The Originals S&S #22: royalty shewolves and helpless psychologists, nope, no mary sues here

The Originals S&S Thread

Family is power. The Original Vampire family swore it to each other a thousand years ago. They pledged to remain together, always and forever. Now, centuries have passed and the bonds of family are broken. Time, tragedy and hunger for power have torn the Original Family apart. When Klaus Mikaelson, the original vampire-werewolf hybrid, receives a mysterious tip that a plot is brewing against him in the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans, he returns to the city his family helped build. Klaus’ questions lead him to a reunion with his diabolical former protégé, Marcel, a charismatic vampire who has total control over the human and supernatural inhabitants of New Orleans. Determined to help his brother find redemption, Elijah follows Klaus and soon learns that the werewolf Hayley has also come to the French Quarter searching for clues to her family history, and has fallen into the hands of a powerful witch named Sophie. Tensions between the town’s supernatural factions are nearing a breaking point as Marcel commands his devoted followers and rules with absolute power. For Klaus, the thought of answering to his powerful protégé is unthinkable, and he vows to reclaim what was once his – the power, the city and his family. While they wait to see if their sister Rebekah will leave Mystic Falls and join them, Klaus and Elijah form an uneasy alliance with the witches to ensure that New Orleans will be ruled by THE ORIGINALS once again.

EPISODE SPOILERS
1x01 - Always and Forever - October 3rd
PROMOELIJAHMARCELSTILLSWEBCLIP

1x02 - House of the Rising Son - October 8th
PROMOEXTENDED PROMOSTILLSWEBCLIP

1x03 - Tangled Up in Blue - October 15th
PROMOEXTENDED PROMO STILLSWEBCLIP

1x04 - Girl in New Orleans - October 22th

1x05 - Sinners and Saints - October 29th
PROMOEXTENDED PROMO STILLSWEBCLIPWEBCLIP 2

1x06 - Fruit of the Poisoned Trees - November 5th
PROMOEXTENDED PROMOSTILLSWEBCLIPWEBCLIP 2

1x07 - Bloodletting - November 19th

1x08 - The River In Reverse - November 26th

1x09 - Reigning Pain in New Orleans - December 3rd

1x10 - The Casket Girls - January 14th
PROMOEXTENDED PROMOSAVAGES PROMOSTILLS 1STILLS 2WEBCLIPWEBCLIP 2WEBCLIP 3

1x11 - Apres Moi, Le Déluge - January 21st

1x12 - Dance Back From The Grave - January 28th

1x13 - Crescent City - February 4th
PROMOEXTENDED PROMOSTILLSWEBCLIPWEBCLIP 2WEBCLIP 3

1x14 - Long Way Back From Hell - February 25th
PROMOEXTENDED PROMOSTILLSWEBCLIPWEBCLIP 2WEBCLIP 3

1x15 - Le Grand Guignol - March 4th

1x16 - Farewell To Storyville - March 11th
PROMOEXTENDED PROMOSTILLS WEBCLIPWEBCLIP 2WEBCLIP 3

1x17 - Moon Over Bourbon Street - March 18th
PROMO EXTENDED PROMOSTILLSWEBCLIPWEBCLIP 2WEBCLIP 3

1x18 - The Big Uneasy - April 15th
PROMOEXTENDED PROMOFIRST OF FIVE EPISODES LEFT PROMOPALEYFEST PROMOSTILLSWEBCLIPWEBCLIP 2WEBCLIP 3WEBCLIP 4

1x19 - An Unblinking Death - April 22nd
PROMOEXTENDED PROMOSTILLS ♣ WEBCLIP
THE BREAKING POINT — Desperate to help Kieran (guest star Todd Stashwick), Cami (Leah Pipes) insists on an unconventional treatment, but her good intentions lead Kieran to a violent episode. After Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies) disagree over the best way to handle the Crescent Wolves, Elijah makes a trip to the bayou, where he is witness to a horrific explosion that only adds to the hatred and mistrust among the communities. While Jackson (guest star Nathan Parsons) and Elijah work to save the wounded, Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) learns a surprising piece of her family history from Marcel (Charles Michael Davis).
Written by: Ashley Lyle and Bart Nickerson

1x20 - A Closer Walk With Thee - April 29th
PROMO ♣ EXTENDED PROMO ♣ STILLS ♣ WEBCLIP
A CELEBRATION OF LIFE — Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) confronts a surprising enemy as she and her unborn baby fall into peril during a celebratory wake to honor a fallen member of the community. In order to save Hayley, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies) enlist the help of Genevieve (guest star Elyse Levesque) who struggles to maintain control over Davina (Danielle Campbell) and the other young witches. Cami (Leah Pipes) tells Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) that Francesca (guest star Peta Sargent) is determined to find a mysterious key that may unlock a family secret. Meanwhile, as Klaus suffers from nightmares of his father Mikael (guest star Sebastian Roche), he is forced to examine his troubled relationship with his own adoptive son, Marcel.
Written by: Carina Adly MacKenzie and Julie Plec

Joseph Morgan: [10/02 w/ Charles Michael Davis] [09/25] [09/20 [09/19] [05/17 w/ Daniel Gillies] [05/17] [04/25] [02/13]
Daniel Gillies: [09/17]
Claire Holt: [09/25] [09/09] [07/02] [05/20 w/ Phoebe Tonkin]
Charles Michael Davis: [08/06] [05/16 [05/16 II]
Phoebe Tonkin: [09/30] [09/25] [09/25] [09/05] [05/16] [05/16 II]
Daniella Pineda: [09/25] [08/24]
Danielle Campbell: [09/25]
Leah Pipes: [09/25] [08/12] [06/06]

CASTING NEWS
Female Baby

GENERAL SPOILERS
TV Line:
E! Online: [09/27]
Mega Buzz: [09/17]
TV Guide: [Scans 1 2 3 ]
EW: [09/13]

Others: EP Narducci Answers QuestionsCast Snippets 5/21Klaus/Hayley Dynamics 10 secrets about the spin offKlaus Redemption StoryCrossoversKlaus going to New OrleansDisfunctional family dynamicsTriangle Scoop: CelesteClaire Holt's Exit & Elijah's "Unraveling"Season 2 Episode 1 "Kaleb"Danielle Campbell on Davina and the end of Season 1

SERIES BASIC
[The Cast] ♣ [The Logo] ♣ [The Originals Plot] ♣ [Poster 1] ♣ [Poster 2] ♣ [Poster 3] ♣ [Season One Promotional Pics]

Old 04-16-2014, 07:12 AM
Elite Fan

Best. Title. Ever.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:15 AM
Master Fan

I thought of both you and Bella for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
Same.

Although, a psychologist being in s2 makes me hopeful there'll be a dead baby. Why else would any TOers need therapy?
I don't know why they'd need it either, I'm not sure who the patients are though
Old 04-16-2014, 07:23 AM
Elite Fan

Baby death.... Could make people go crazier and need therapy from someone who isn't pouring whisky and serving gumbo.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmbacon (View Post)
Baby death.... Could make people go crazier and need therapy from someone who isn't pouring whisky and serving gumbo.
The spoiler said he doesn't like the Mikaelsons though, still I don't see anyone else being his patient
Old 04-16-2014, 07:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flora the mermaid (View Post)
The spoiler said he doesn't like the Mikaelsons though, still I don't see anyone else being his patient
Old 04-16-2014, 07:44 AM
Master Fan

^omg grossssss

BAHAHAHA.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

I could see her needing therapy and not wanting it from a bartender. There's a reason why Hayley and Camille haven't had any scenes together - when two of the female "leads" are failing with the general audience you don't want them throwing a slumber party together.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I could see her needing therapy and not wanting it from a bartender. There's a reason why Hayley and Camille haven't had any scenes together - when two of the female "leads" are failing with the general audience you don't want them throwing a slumber party together.
LMAO. Well Hayley isn't failing as much as Camille in that department since she has more fans, it's just nothing explosive and it's mainly because of Elijah.

There's only two characters in the show who are explosively popular and that's dangerous for a new show IMO
Old 04-16-2014, 08:36 AM
Loyal Fan

I feel Klaus and Elijah are the only ones remotely popular and that's mostly because of the fanbase they build up in TVD and I feel even that popularity is waning with their behaviour in TO.
While you'd think the existing popular characters would have gotten more popular with their own show (Elijah, Rebekah and Klaus) and one or two new characters would match/almost match them in popularity I feel all the show has accomplished is diminish the popularity of the siblings, reduced the hatred for Hayley slightly and brought nothing when it comes to new characters. The new character people thought they would like aka Marcel was ruined, Father K is going to die, nobody cares about Granny, nobody from the werewolves and witches stands out, they are mostly just there. The only ones people like are Davina and Josh but the love for them is not enough to upgrade their role and call them really popular.

I don't know what the writers are thinking. If you see this kind of fanresponse, a response that hasn't changed after almost a full season in which they had plenty of time to tweak those characters, you'd think they'd scratch themselves behind the ears and start killing of those characters people don't like and introduce new ones....

Preliminary ratings are in:
On the CW, The Originals scored a series low 0.6 adults 18-49 rating, down 14 percent from a 0.7 for its most recent new episode. 0.6/1.46
No excuses of a PLL season finale or Glee 100th this time.

Klaus & Caroline Matthew & Mary Hook & Emma 10 & Rose
Castle & Beckett Logan & Veronica Spike & Buffy

Last edited by Swinty; 04-16-2014 at 08:53 AM
Old 04-16-2014, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swinty (View Post)
I feel Klaus and Elijah are the only ones remotely popular and that's mostly because of the fanbase they build up in TVD and I feel even that popularity is waning with their behaviour in TO.
While you'd think the existing popular characters would have gotten more popular with their own show (Elijah, Rebekah and Klaus) and one or two new characters would match/almost match them in popularity I feel all the show has accomplished is diminish the popularity of the siblings, reduced the hatred for Hayley slightly and brought nothing when it comes to new characters. The new character people thought they would like aka Marcel was ruined, Father K is going to die, nobody cares about Granny, nobody from the werewolves and witches stands out, they are mostly just there. The only ones people like are Davina and Josh but the love for them is not enough to upgrade their role and call them really popular.

I don't know what the writers are thinking. If you see this kind of fanresponse, a response that hasn't changed after almost a full season in which they had plenty of time to tweak those characters, you'd think they'd scratch themselves behind the ears and start killing of those characters people don't like and introduce new ones....
ITA with you. But after watching the paley panel I got the impression that JP and MN were certain that Hayley's hate and mixed opinions vanished. Then again they probably just chose not to acknowledge it. But in the panel they barely discussed other characters or the baby, so it's not like they're under a rock about what's flopping, they just keep ignoring the problems.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:44 AM
Elite Fan

I think only Elijah's fanbase (myself included ) is waning due to his behavior on TO. Klaus seems to just thrive and the only negative comments about him is because of Klaroline.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think only Elijah's fanbase (myself included ) is waning due to his behavior on TO. Klaus seems to just thrive and the only negative comments about him is because of Klaroline.
This. Plus Elijahs girl pining is worse than Klaus' since it's a pregnant girl and that tends to make a lot of heads turn and get grossed out

Every now and then we all, you and me included, get annoyed with Klaus but it's kind of seldom and usually only when he's trying to help/impress Camille or something.

Every time I see a rant on tumblr about him it's because of klaroline, the other day I read a shipper preach how Joseph's acting turned to crap but got way better once he filmed 5x11 with Candice
Old 04-16-2014, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flora the mermaid (View Post)
This. Plus Elijahs girl pining is worse than Klaus' since it's a pregnant girl and that tends to make a lot of heads turn and get grossed out

Every now and then we all, you and me included, get annoyed with Klaus but it's kind of seldom and usually only when he's trying to help/impress Camille or something.

Every time I see a rant on tumblr about him it's because of klaroline, the other day I read a shipper preach how Joseph's acting turned to crap but got way better once he filmed 5x11 with Candice
Lame. KC shippers grasp at anything .

Definitely my biggest issue with Klaus is his constant weird obsessive behavior with Camille. And my annoyance is mostly directed at JP & Co. because I find his fascination with her so OOC that it's ridiculous. I only see it as a poor attempt to get Camille liked by the audience and not so much as something that hinders Klaus.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Lame. KC shippers grasp at anything .

Definitely my biggest issue with Klaus is his constant weird obsessive behavior with Camille. And my annoyance is mostly directed at JP & Co. because I find his fascination with her so OOC that it's ridiculous. I only see it as a poor attempt to get Camille liked by the audience and not so much as something that hinders Klaus.
They used Elijah to get Hayley liked by the audience, so of course they'd try the same trick for Camille. I don't even care about Kieran anymore since he's just being used to prop her character, and Klaus trying to help is so OOC it pisses me off.

I get that the show is supposedly about his redemption, but at least write it where it makes sense ffs

Her purpose and personal life is so irrelevant