Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2004, 06:30 PM
MST Manager

One Tree Hill Spoilers & Speculations #35- Because Things Have To Get Better Soon

*** New thread started, since it appeared that nobody else around wanted or had the time to do it. Let me know what thread title you guys want to use for this thread. In addition, if you want me to add anything to this opening post, just let me know the information here on the thread or send me a PM. Please note, the episode description and spoilers pics for the 11/2/04 episode has been removed since that episode already aired here in the USA. Thanks! ***

Season 2 Description
From The WB

When season one ended, Tree Hill was in turmoil. Lucas left town with his Uncle Keith to start a new life. Nathan and Haley solidified their relationship by getting married. Peyton and Brooke found their way back to being best friends after a series of bitter betrayals. Prior to signing his divorce papers from Deb, Dan suffered a massive heart attack.

Season two begins the day after the previous season ended. School is still in session, but the basketball season is over, so the boys find themselves drawn more and more to the river court. Nathan is increasingly brought into the world Lucas knew before he joined the high school team. For the first time, the two boys are acting like brothers, not enemies.

The girls of Tree Hill begin to explore their own interests beyond boys and romantic entanglements. Peyton's love for music and art leads her to a hip and challenging club venture, which may turn into more than she can handle. Brooke, ever the provocateur, finds that she has some new competition at Tree Hill High - competition she might just take lying down. Just when Haley thinks she's found everything she ever wanted with Nathan, a door involving her musical ability is opened, one that will challenge all she thought she knew about herself.

The web grows all the more tangled as new characters come to town and unexpected relationships for both teens and adults emerge. With her son growing more independent, Karen explores the professional and personal opportunities that were denied to her as a teenage mother. Keith comes out of the shadow of his older brother to find unexpected success. Deb struggles to define herself without Dan, while Dan's legacy continues to resonate in the lives of his two sons.

Years in the making, a deep and bitter conflict slowly unfolded as the two boys struggled to come to terms with a father who chose to live vicariously through one son, while ignoring the existence of the other. Now Nathan and Lucas have formed an unusual bond based on a mutual resentment of their father.

One Tree Hill is from executive producer and show creator Mark Schwahn (The Perfect Score), executive producers Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins, Joe Davola (Smallville) and Mark Perry for Tollin/Robbins Productions and Warner Bros. Television Production Inc. - The WB

Spoilers

Episode 2.08: Truth, Bitter Truth

Truth, Bitter Truth (TBA)
Tuesday, Nov 9 - (9:00 - 10:00 pm ET)

REALITY BITES — Brooke (Sophia Bush), Peyton (Hilarie Burton), Haley (Bethany Joy Lenz) and Anna (Daniella Alonso) have a slumber party at Haley’s apartment where secrets and lies are revealed. Meanwhile, when Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) and Nathan (James Lafferty) go on a road trip to a Bobcats game, Nathan reveals he is being tested for the genetic defect that caused Dan’s (Paul Johansson) heart attack and suggests Lucas do the same. After an awkward encounter with Keith (Craig Sheffer) and Jules (guest star Maria Menounos), Karen (Moira Kelly) and Andy (guest star Kieren Huchison) share an intimate night together. Barbara Alyn Woods and Barry Corbin also star. Billy Dickson directed the episode written by Stacy Rukeyser.
(Thanks, VikkieD... and Charli for the title)

Haley has a recording session with Chris (Tyler Hilton), but doesn't tell Nathan about it. Meanwhile, Nathan and Lucas take a road trip to Charlotte to watch a basketball game and meet NBA player Emeka Okafor. Also: Brooke throws a slumber party at Haley's apartment; Keith and Jules run into Karen and Andy while both couples are out on dates. Jules: Maria Menounos. Andy: Kieren Hutchison. (TitanTV)
(Thanks, Diana 314)

Episode 2.09: The Trick Is To Keep Breathing

The Trick Is To Keep Breathing (TBA)
Tuesday, Nov 16 - (9:00 - 10:00 pm ET)

DANCE FEVER - Although Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) takes Anna (Daniella Alonso) as his date to the Tree Hill High Formal, he finds himself with Brooke (Sophia Bush) at the end of the night. Meanwhile, Haley's (Bethany Joy Lenz) musical obligations to Chris (guest star Tyler Hilton) cause her to arrive late to the formal, which angers Nathan (James Lafferty). Peyton (Hilarie Burton) finds herself struggling with the growing temptation to turn to drugs. (Futon Critic)
(Thanks, SusanXG)

Spoilers credited to kraZ4OTH:

-The episode seems to end on a positive note for the two of them(NH).
I'm not sure on whether there's any type of triangle with Chris, Haley and Nathan. The scene at the recording studios was just the two of them, so I don't know what causes her to run late. I don't think Haley cheats at all...I'm thinking she just gets so wrapped up in the recording that she doesn't realize the time. I'm guessing that's what has Nathan concerned though- that she was late getting back from the studios.

-She(Haley) actually finds the letter at the end of the episode. I don't think their fight is too too bad. I know they end up at their apartment together, and she makes him breakfast in bed the next morning.
And I don't think she's hiding the recording studio with Chris thing from Nathan. She tells him about it early in the episode, before she goes to the studios.

-I don't know too much about the Chris guy, aside from him being a jerk. It doesn't seem like he's in too much of 209.

-Actually its Nathan that asks Deb to dance. I think he does it so that Tim can steal the key. I know Nathan and Haley are at the dance together, and get crowned, so I'm assuming they would have a king/queen dance?

-Felix tells Anna he really does like Brooke
-Nathan gets tested, but Lucas opts out.
-Nathan gets his results and finds out he's fine. (This scene was X'd out on the side. Not sure if they're keeping that same storyline and just not filming that scene?)
-Karen and Andy hook up.

-Peyton gets Haley and Chris to play at Tric.
-Peyton buys Brooke her dress for the formal.
-Brooke and Mouth dance.
-At the formal, Felix tells Mouth he has feelings for Brooke.
-Dan, Deb, and Karen go to the formal too. (chaperones?)
-The guys drink in the boys room at the formal.
-Nathan has an after-party at the beach house.
-Nathan dances with Deb while Tim steals the key.
-Haley thinks Nathan is threatened and they argue at the afterparty.
-There's a scene with Anna and Lucas in the bedroom of the beach house, but I don't think anything happens.
-Peyton leaves early after getting a drink spilled on her.
-Peyton cleans her dress, and cuts and flushes her coke.
-Anna stops by Peyton's and crashes there.
-Haley finds Nathan's letter. (maybe the acceptance letter to the High Flyers?)

-I haven't heard/seen anything on a L/P sex scene.

-Haley does make it to the formal. Haley and Nathan are crowned king and queen.

-It looks like they will get crowned together.

-I don't think there is any L/P sex scene. I know Lucas drops Brooke off at her house, and it seems to be the morning after the formal, but I didn't even see anything where there's an L/B sex scene.

-And I don't think there's any "third party" stuff goin on with Nathan and Haley. I'm pretty sure they are at the dance together, and end up together the following morning. So I doubt there's anything to worry about!

General Spoilers and Casting News
  • From <BTS>: Looks like OTH is gonna be pushing the envelope this season...very exciting! (Crazy For Chad Tagboard)
  • From <BTS>: Also, I should have mentioned that H. Lewis is only guest starring but may return at some point. (Crazy For Chad Tagboard)
  • From <BTS>: Quick tidbit-look for two of the cast to sing together in an upcoming eppy. (Crazy for Chad Tagboard)
  • WB's One Tree Hill ended its first season with one soapy twist after another: Nathan and Haley got married, Lucas left town, Deb had an affair and Dan had a heart attack. Here, executive producer Mark Schwann gives TV Guide Online the scoop on what we can expect in Season 2. And we're not just talking about Chad Michael Murray's cute new buzz cut!
    TV Guide Online: Nathan and Haley getting married was quite a shock. Where do you go from there?
    Mark Schwann: I think the audience wants to know how Nathan and Haley's marriage is possible and what the decision-making [process] was. We'll meet her family in the first episode. Her father will be played by Huey Lewis. I think the audience loves Nathan and Haley, and wants to make sure [their marriage] is not being used as an excuse to cause friction in their relationship or break them up.
    TVGO: Well, is it?
    Schwann: I've said all along, I'm a fan of the relationship. I think they're really good together.
    TVGO: Will Lucas return home?
    Schwann: He will. Lucas wanted to rebuild himself, which is why he left town, but he'll continue that pursuit around the people he's disappointed and the people that love him. He'll be more likable and stronger [this season]. We've had Chad brood and be severe, but there's more fun [in store] for Lucas. And probably more fun for Nathan, vicariously, because we'll tie them at the hip a lot.
    TVGO: What else can we expect to see this year?
    Schwann: Last season, Peyton, Brooke and Haley were kind of appendages to the guys' lives. We never meant for that to take place, but because the show was built on the shoulders of two guys that were brothers that played basketball, it sort of played that way. This season, we want the girls to have their own journeys. Haley is clearly a very talented musician. If she chooses to expose that talent to the world — and she will — what are the ramifications? Same with Peyton. She doesn't want to be framed by what a guy thinks of her. Her quest will be to find her own way, on her own terms. She's on a quest of self-fulfillment.
    TVGO: What about Brooke?
    Schwann: We know very little about her. We don't really know what's in her heart. It'll be nice to pull the curtain back a little. But I don't think it's in her nature to carry around much of the drama. She'll always be a breath of fresh air. She'll continue to be the straw that stirs the drink.
    TVGO: What's going on with the adults?
    Schwann: We want them to have their own journeys [too]. I don't wanna see them existing just as counsel to the kids. Karen is gonna meet someone and have a romance. Deb is wrestling [with the question] "Did Dan sign the divorce papers?" And does she in fact want out? [She will] become a business partner to Karen.
    TVGO: Any new characters?
    Schwann: A girl named Anna, who will be of interest to Lucas. She's someone who will see the world through similar eyes. We've cast a girl named Daniella Alonzo, and she's fantastic. And a young guy comes to town, too. The actor's name is Michael Copon — the character's name is Felix, though the character's name may change. We like to call him "Brooke in Pants." He's all about having fun. And, of course, he'll be drastically handsome and probably cross-pollinate with every girl on the show at some point. (From TV Guide Online)
  • Daniella Alonso (Anna) and Michael Copon (Felix) will become regulars on "One Tree Hill" for its second season. (From Zap2it blurb)
  • Tyler Hilton: from his website, "Tyler has just been given an amazing opportunity to guest star on One Tree Hill for 6 episodes where he will play his own music on the show. His first episode will air on October 26." (Thanks, Anne/Idlewild)

Websites

The WB.com - Official Website
Crazy For Chad
Fanbolt Forums
One Tree Hill Online
One Tree Hill Fans
Soap Site Spoilers
About.com - OTH

Last edited by NikNak; 11-05-2004 at 04:59 PM
Old 11-04-2004, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting the new thread NikNak

Thanks to dirtyfootprints for the avi
Old 11-04-2004, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nik, thanks for starting the new thread.

We needa title.

Quote:
I just think the reason we're seeing LB growing closer with NH, is because they're both suppossed to be learning about love, and then I imagine trying it in each other. I don't think that will exclude Peyton, she just won't be in that aspect of it, she will have her own storyline.
Whit, ITA and your so right. L/B are supposed to be learning about love and who else better to show them...N/H.

I think Peyton will have too much in her life to be thinking about love right now. She's going to be fighting her own demons pretty soon.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:39 PM
MST Manager

You're welcome for the thread.

When you all think of a title, just let me know, and I'll change the thread title. It'll be no problem at all.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:46 PM
Total Fan

Thanks for starting the thread NikNak!

Hmmm..... title. How about "Because we're daring for more!" Lame I know!
Old 11-04-2004, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

I can't even think of a title, maybe Because things have to get better soon, I don't know.

Whitney
Old 11-04-2004, 07:24 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread...

Title suggestions: What happened to our rectangle plus one? ;
Because we've been waiting for dances and sleep-overs; Because we thought there would be no drought when we had a tree and a hill...

Man, those are awful! I tried...
Old 11-04-2004, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like this one: Because things have to get better soon
Old 11-04-2004, 07:27 PM
Master Fan

...how 'bout Because like OTH, we can't live without them

sorry it sucks..but that's all i got....lol
Old 11-04-2004, 07:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Vilandra-N-Kivar-Lover
Thanks for the new thread!

I can't even think of a title, maybe Because things have to get better soon, I don't know.

Whitney
I like this one. I feel very angry at the writing. Brooke is just being destroyed. I think The O.C. will be my new fav. Hopefully this week will repair some of the damage that I think is coming for everyone.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting the new thread! And ITA competly with Rosie. And I think the title: Because it has to get better soon!
Old 11-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Total Fan

[color=royal blue] While I agree with the title sugestion, it kind of seems like airing our dirty laundry.

About the promo: Haley looks stunning. Just beautiful. She shines.
And I love the cuteness between N/H.[/color]
Old 11-04-2004, 08:34 PM
Total Fan

My vote goes to: Because things have to get better soon.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Because they are destroying our favorite character
Old 11-04-2004, 10:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

I must be alone in this, but I don't think there's anything wrong with OTH. I don't like Felix, but that's because I think the actor is trying too hard. He's gotten better though over the last few episodes.

I think I'm in the minority though because I like L/P together and I don't hate Peyton.

I do agree with the idea that the writers shouldn't go down the cheating road with N/H. THAT would ruin the show for me.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread