Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandGabby (View Post)
Hook should not look that good So excited for that episode! I love Belle's style too! And I'm looking forward to seeing Red, Charming and Gold working together.
Hook is looking pretty damn hot in those photos.

And I just want to steal all of Belle's clothes. I'm so envious!
All you'll have is an empty heart and a chipped cup
She's gone forever. She's never coming back. And it's your fault
Old 10-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katedotd (View Post)
We're supposed to learn Charming's true name this season(maybe in the next episode?) but one big clue for me was when he was giving the 'We are Both' speech, when he said *that* David.. Could his name really be David? and the fact that Snow/MM called him David not once but twice in the season premiere. Ok, sure he called Snow Mary Margaret, but he called her Snow too. Just a thought anyway.
I think his real name is David, too. Regina knew he was a fake prince. She probably thought it was funny to make him go by his peasant shepherd name before he became Charming. A reminder of his humble origins, at least to her. She striped him of James, who was the prince. So he became the poor David once again. Also, Gold mentioned it wasn't David Nolan he was worried about, but Charming...not just David, but David Nolan.

Of course, I could be all wrong, but I like the idea that his real name is David.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephine77 (View Post)
I think his real name is David, too. Regina knew he was a fake prince. She probably thought it was funny to make him go by his peasant shepherd name before he became Charming. A reminder of his humble origins, at least to her. She striped him of James, who was the prince. So he became the poor David once again. Also, Gold mentioned it wasn't David Nolan he was worried about, but Charming...not just David, but David Nolan.

Of course, I could be all wrong, but I like the idea that his real name is David.
I agree with this, it makes complete sense. I guess we'll find out soon!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/...e-in-season-2/

Not sure if this has been posted? I'm excited for Hook/Emma. Them 2 along with Rumple and Charming should start a Leathers United club. Oh and I think this pretty much seals the deal on MRJ's character as Henry's dad. But I guess who he is, is still up for debate.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Let's throw Ruby into the Leather Club since she's wearing her leather pants in Episode 4.

One thing we know for sure, between the leather and the wool, is that the costume designers are not vegans.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Passionate Fan

The breakup? :Got a look at the pictures. I think the summary is misleading. Going by the pictures, looks like Gold is fooled for all of, what, five seconds (if at all) into believing Belle chose to leave him instead of being kidnapped before allying with David and Ruby to go find her.

Cause of the "breakup" (if there is one): If Charming is the person Rumple wishes he were, then it follows David Nolan was a lot of what Rumple wishes he weren't (note that David's biggest mistake is letting himself believe Mary Margaret may have murdered Kathryn - just like Rumple let himself believe the worst of Belle when she first kissed him).

So, what was David's second most disasterous decision? Not telling Kathryn the full truth about Mary Margaret and why he was leaving her (Kathryn, not MM) because he thought it would be easier that way.

What, then, might Gold not have told Belle?

Well, obviously, there's what he did to her dad (who I think shows up in this episode).

Then, there's his part in the curse - and, really, explaining just about every anti-social thing he's done in the past few centuries.

He can't explain about searching for Bae without explaining what he did to get to our world - which means explaining about the curse.

So, I'm guessing someone didn't explain to Belle why he wanted to leave Storybrooke.

And, I'm guessing someone is going to have to come clean at the end of this.

Which means (yeah!) we will get to see the scene where Rumple finally tells Belle about Bae!

And, er, maybe explains to David and Red who this Belle person is he needs their help looking for (that's got to be fun).

Rumple and Hook: Milha is not in evidence in the pirate scenes. Just me, or does that seem ominous?

On the other hand, I wasn't expecting to think Rumple going after Hook and co. would be sweet.

But, the blurb implies that he's actually going to see if she's OK.

The woman left him fourteen years before for another man, abandoning him and their infant son, and he's going to see if she's OK.

Well, that could be what the story's about. If so, it would be sweet.

But, Milha's not in any of those scenes.

Yeah, there may be a reason Hook's hand gets fed to a crocodile.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
The breakup? :Got a look at the pictures. I think the summary is misleading. Going by the pictures, looks like Gold is fooled for all of, what, five seconds (if at all) into believing Belle chose to leave him instead of being kidnapped before allying with David and Ruby to go find her.

Cause of the "breakup" (if there is one): If Charming is the person Rumple wishes he were, then it follows David Nolan was a lot of what Rumple wishes he weren't (note that David's biggest mistake is letting himself believe Mary Margaret may have murdered Kathryn - just like Rumple let himself believe the worst of Belle when she first kissed him).

So, what was David's second most disasterous decision? Not telling Kathryn the full truth about Mary Margaret and why he was leaving her (Kathryn, not MM) because he thought it would be easier that way.

What, then, might Gold not have told Belle?

Well, obviously, there's what he did to her dad (who I think shows up in this episode).

Then, there's his part in the curse - and, really, explaining just about every anti-social thing he's done in the past few centuries.

He can't explain about searching for Bae without explaining what he did to get to our world - which means explaining about the curse.

So, I'm guessing someone didn't explain to Belle why he wanted to leave Storybrooke.

And, I'm guessing someone is going to have to come clean at the end of this.

Which means (yeah!) we will get to see the scene where Rumple finally tells Belle about Bae!

And, er, maybe explains to David and Red who this Belle person is he needs their help looking for (that's got to be fun).

Rumple and Hook: Milha is not in evidence in the pirate scenes. Just me, or does that seem ominous?

On the other hand, I wasn't expecting to think Rumple going after Hook and co. would be sweet.

But, the blurb implies that he's actually going to see if she's OK.

The woman left him fourteen years before for another man, abandoning him and their infant son, and he's going to see if she's OK.

Well, that could be what the story's about. If so, it would be sweet.

But, Milha's not in any of those scenes.

Yeah, there may be a reason Hook's hand gets fed to a crocodile.
I don't expect Gold to explain everything he's done nor do I think Belle wants him too. What's the point? Either she loves him now or she doesn't.

He created the curse because of his great love for his son......If she doesn't understand that, that's fine and she can leave him.....but that's why he did it. At least she would know the truth.

I believe Rumple went to look for his wife immediately after she left, not 14 years later. MIlha is described in not so glowing terms as a woman bored with her life as wife and mother. Rumple undoubtedly went to rescue her only to find out she didn't want to be. Gold went to rescue Belle and discovered she did want to - that's how it makes sense to me

It's possible the press release was worded badly and it's not an angry or disgusted threat, but more like a talk she has with him. Either way, I'm guessing that whatever it is Gold is doing that she doesn't like is to happen off-screen....Guess we'll have to wait and see

Last edited by Betsybelle; 10-08-2012 at 10:45 PM
Old 10-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
I don't expect Gold to explain everything he's done nor do I think Belle wants him too. What's the point? Either she loves him now or she doesn't.

He created the curse because of his great love for his son......If she doesn't understand that, that's fine and she can leave him.....but that's why he did it. At least she would know the truth.
Sorry, I guess I don't explain things well. I'm supposing Gold HASN'T told Belle about his son and that he created the curse.

So, she wouldn't know he created the curse because of his great love for his son.

Going by the spoiler pictures, I doubt Belle was fed up and leaving him but I can believe that she was upset about things she'd found out and needed Gold to trust her enough to tell her why he'd done some things - like beat her dad to a pulp and/or create the curse.

Quote:
I believe Rumple went to look for his wife immediately after she left, not 14 years later. MIlha is described in not so glowing terms as a woman bored with her life as wife and mother. Rumple undoubtedly went to rescue her only to find out she didn't want to be. Gold went to rescue Belle and discovered she did want to - that's how it makes sense to me

It's possible the press release was worded badly and it's not an angry or disgusted threat, but more like a talk she has with him. Either way, I'm guessing that whatever it is Gold is doing that she doesn't like is to happen off-screen....Guess we'll have to wait and see
In the pictures, Rumple is shown as cursed Rumple when he's dealing with the pirates.

I don't doubt that he would have tried to do SOMETHING when she first left him - left with a child to raise and dealing with people who had taken off on a ship, I don't know how much he could do. Just getting on another ship to go after them would take money, something Rumple didn't have.

But, it seems he goes to meet up with Hook after he has his powers. If the press release is accurate (which it may not be), now that he can finally do it, he's come after her - and evidence in the pictures suggest Hook played Theseus to her Ariadne and abandoned her.

Though that still leaves the question of why Hook's alive centuries later. What, exactly, did Rumple do to him?
Old 10-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread and latest. Belle looks beautiful in those pics.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
Though that still leaves the question of why Hook's alive centuries later. What, exactly, did Rumple do to him?
I think Hook is alive centuries later because he is from Neverland. The whole point of that realm is that people never age. It looks like he also found a way to travel back and forth between worlds since he was in FTL when he lured away Milha and I imagine Rumpelstiltskin went to Neverland to confront him and then Hook is seen with Emma in the present FTL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)

I agree that Belle will either have to accept Rumpelstiltskin or leave him. She can't completely change him. The curse and his need for power are a big part of him and I don't think he will ever be able to completely give that up even if he might be able to compromise it for her and Bae.

What I'm worried about is that Rumpelstiltskin will think Belle will leave him if she knows the whole truth and will keep her in the dark. After everything she's been through, that would be very frustrating and hurtful which is why I think she might threaten to leave him. If she knew the whole story, his desperation for more power might be easier for her to understand and help him through, but if he chooses to play her like he plays everyone else he will probably lose her and for good reason.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
We're supposed to learn Charming's true name this season(maybe in the next episode?) but one big clue for me was when he was giving the 'We are Both' speech, when he said *that* David.. Could his name really be David? and the fact that Snow/MM called him David not once but twice in the season premiere. Ok, sure he called Snow Mary Margaret, but he called her Snow too. Just a thought anyway.
Plus, though, we know Snow also used the alias Mary Margaret in Fairy tale land. I remember this from Red Handed. So maybe Charming really is David!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephine77 (View Post)

Agree!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:51 AM
Ultimate Fan

I still don't buy that his real name is David. Because
1. It wouldn't make sense that Regina gave only him, of all people, his name
2. They make it this big mystery only for him to turn out to be called David?

Doesn't Hook seem confused in those pics? He doesn't look like a fearsome kidnapper at all. Not that I think for a moment he kidnapped her.
But actually I think Rumple goes after Milha IMMEDIATELY after she's "kidnapped" (when he's still human) and gets an ass kicking. Then after he becomes the Dark One, and probably after he's already lost Bae, he goes and find Hook? And he's telling him something - but that must be part of his revenge plan.
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 10-09-2012, 04:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I think is David too....
Old 10-09-2012, 05:34 AM
Master Fan

This pic!!!! And Hook still has his 2 hands

Though, I'm confused now because I'm sure TPTB said Rumple met Hook before he became The Dark One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennax87 (View Post)
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/...e-in-season-2/

Not sure if this has been posted? I'm excited for Hook/Emma. Them 2 along with Rumple and Charming should start a Leathers United club. Oh and I think this pretty much seals the deal on MRJ's character as Henry's dad. But I guess who he is, is still up for debate.
Thanks for that

Quote:
Colin O’Donoghue (Captain Hook) has just become a series regular. What will Emma’s interaction be with him?
She has quite a bit of interaction with him, actually. He is in fairytale land so in Emma’s adventures of now being stuck in fairytale land she winds up having to deal with him. He’s a complicated character because he certainly is a villain in some sense but at times it’s kind of like the way Emma would have to choose the lesser of two evils in last season when sometimes she’d need to pair up with Regina and Mr. Gold. She knew Mr. Gold was a villain but that sometimes he could benefit her. There’s an element of that in fairytale land when there are times where she has to go to Captain Hook in order to get what she needs in fairytale land and that definitely comes at a price.
OMG!!!!!!!! The comparison between Rumple & Hook I knew it!! They're alike!
Now it just makes me all the more interested in Emma's relationship with him

Quote:
Kelaine: He probably already lived in Neverland, because I have no other explanations I wonder now what Peter Pan role will be in his life?
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread