Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2012, 05:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

New Girl S/S #1

Welcome to the S/S thread for New Girl.

About the show:

After a bad break-up, Jess Day needs a new place to live. An online search leads her to a great loft...and three single guys she's never met before. But Jess moves in, and through her upbeat personality, unique sense of self and the unlikely support of her new roommates, she learns to move on.

Nick is the most grounded of her new roommates...and also the most jaded. A law school dropout, he spends most of his time hiding his feelings under his hoodie and tending bar. Schmidt is a hustling young professional who's pretty proud of his own abs. Winston is an intensely competitive former athlete who doesn't know what to do next - but whatever he does, he wants to win it.

General spoilers:

- In an episode that airs in march, Nick's dad dies and the gang travels to his hometown, Chicago, to attend the funeral. Guest starts include Nick Kroll, Bill Burr, Margo Martindale and Ellen Abertini Dow
- Winston's new, not-married flirt, Daisy (Brenda Song) will guest star in at least one more episode in season 2 (episode 17 confirmed)
- After locking lips in episode 15 of season 2, Jess and Nick will do more kissing in one or more upcoming episodes... Woohoo!
- After her doctor boyfriend broke up with her, Jess will meet a new man in episode 18.
- Nick has a new love interest too - his boss' daugther, Shane.

Upcoming episodes:

2x18 "Tinfinity" - February 26th, 2013
JESS SCORES A TOUCHDOWN ON AN ALL-NEW "NEW GIRL" TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 26, ON FOX

Jess catches the eye of a professional football player (guest star Steve Howey, "Shameless"), with whom Winston landed an exclusive interview for his radio station. Meanwhile, Nick and Schmidt argue over the planning of their "TinFinity" party celebrating their tenth anniversary of living together, and Cece gets a surprise offer in the all-new "TinFinity" episode of NEW GIRL airing Tuesday, Feb. 26 (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (NG-218) (TV-14 D, L)

Photos: Photos - New Girl - Season 2 - Promotional Episode Photos - Episode 2.18 - TinFinity

Promo: http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/02/new...ity-promo.html

2x19 "Mongolian" or "Guys Night" - March 12th, 2013
No further info yet

2x20 "Chicago" or "Rosie" - Unknown airdate
No further info yet

2x?? - "Date Night" - April 4th, 2013
In the all-new “Date Night” episode of New Girl (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT), Jess (Zooey Deschanel) and Nick (Jake Johnson), who are caught between friendship and something more, try to break out of relationship limbo by going on a “first” date. Once Schmidt (Max Greenfield) and Winston (Lamorne Morris) realize a full-on Jess/Nick romance might be happening, they swoop in to try to sabotage the date.

(I hope I'm not the only one who watches this show )

Last edited by fandk; 02-23-2013 at 12:23 PM
Old 03-15-2012, 05:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Glee, Walking Dead, House, Once, New Girl, Vampire Diaries and More! - TVLine

Quote:
Question: Please Ausiello, be my angel and tell us if we can expect to have at least a kiss between New Girl’s Nick and Jess by the end of the season? —Angel
Ausiello: You can expect it all you like, but I’m sorry to say you ain’t gonna get it. “We love them,” series creator Liz Meriwether said at Monday’s PaleyFest 2012 panel, “but they’ve got a lot of growing and learning to do.” In other words, the show wants to take its sweet time getting them together. So much so that Zooey Deschanel and Jake Johnson admitted thet are often told to tone down their chemistry in scenes! And if they don’t, the powers that be will do it for them. For instance, at the end of tonight’s cancer scare episode, Jess was supposed to give Nick a half-hug, but they changed it to a more platonic shoulder bump. Which is just as well, because both characters share a new love interest: Dermot Mulroney’s Russell. He’s “sophisticated and debonaire,” Deschanel said. “He first engages [Jess] in playful banter, and we end up starting up a little somethin’-somethin’.” And then so do Mulroney and the guys! They “are pretty taken with his character,” Deschanel revealed, because “they haven’t ever really been around a ‘man.’” Nick in particular is bromantically smitten. “He falls in love a bit,” Johnson acknowledged. “The big D has a little bit of charm to him.”
Quote:
Question: Need a Schmidt fix, please. —Jeremy
Ausiello: First of all, Meriwether promised at that the aforementioned PaleyFest panel that there would “definitely” be more Fat Schmidt coming up. Plus, in the episode the gang most recently shot, everyone’s favorite douchebag sings a song to Cece… that portrayer Max Greenfield almost entirely improvised. Game on, Usher!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:21 AM
Master Fan

So cool - I was waiting for a New Girl thread YAY!!

"My heart is a museum filled with pictures of you."
♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

haydensgirl: Jess
Old 03-15-2012, 07:33 AM
Supreme Fan

Love this show
It's all good..
Old 03-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Thanks for starting a thread for this show!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 03-15-2012, 11:02 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for starting a thread for this show. I've added it to my list of threads to monitor.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Great to hear that I'm the only "New Girl" fan

Spoiler Chat Daily: Misha Collins Returns to Supernatural! Plus, Scoop on Glee, Big Bang Theory and More! - E! Online

Quote:
Casie in San Luis Obispo, Calif.: All I want in life is a cupcake and some New Girl info!
Well, we can't give you a cupcake because we ate them all. So here's a sweet piece of New Girl scoop. We all know that Schmidt (Max Greenfield) and Cece are keeping their sexy rendezvous very hush hush at the moment, but soon all will be revealed to Jess (Zooey Deschanel) and the roomies (and no, it’s not from using the sharing stick). Hannah Simone tell us the besties "really get into it" in an upcoming episode. "It’s a very interesting, wonderful episode when they find out because I feel like that was a big betrayal,” Simone says. “It’s the first time you see the friendship go through a bit of a complicated situation." Yikes!
Old 03-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread!

Schmidt/CeCe/Jess drama!

icon
Old 03-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for adding a thread for the show!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 03-16-2012, 02:22 AM
Master Fan

Looking forward to Jess finding out about Schmidt and CeCe

"My heart is a museum filled with pictures of you."
♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

haydensgirl: Jess
Old 03-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Elite Fan

New Girl - Episode 1.17 - Fancyman Part 1 - Promo
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 03-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the promo!

I wonder why this is a two-parter episode. What can possibly happen that ties it together with the next episode
Old 03-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the promo! Jess falling into the fountain. Classic.

icon
Old 03-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
Thanks for the promo! Jess falling into the fountain. Classic.
I thought the same thing!LOL. Looks like it will be a cute eppy.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread