Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2012, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Parenthood Season 3, Episode 17 Post Mortem: Baby Woes & Engagements
Quote:
“They’ve already planned a wedding once, so they just decide to get married [in the finale] and have a party,” shares Dax Shepard (Crosby). “But of course, the rest of the family wants more than that.”

Enter an exquisitely-decorated Braverman backyard and a Joel Graham-whittled alter, and — voilà! — you’ve got yourself a ceremony!

“Expect a lot of dancing at the reception,” Shepard tells us. “Our director let us pick out songs so we were comfortable dancing… For the slow dance, I picked out John Legend’s ‘Again.’ It’s a good one, but also it’s about a couple that keeps breaking up and getting back together… See what I did there? And also ‘Teenage Dream’ by Katy Perry, which was a mutual pick among the cast for our fast dance.”

Gushes Bryant, “For something that is planned in 72 hours, it goes off without a hitch. It’s beautiful and its fun… Crosby and Jasmine finally did it!”

Now, about those other significant others… Reveals Bryant, “Dr. Joe takes [the news of the engagement] very well and is really understanding — what a cool dude!” And what of Crosby’s lady friend, Lily (Courtney Ford)? “Yeah, I haven’t shot those scenes yet, but I’m not looking forward to it,” Shepard tells us with a laugh, noting that he’d read the script and her dialogue conveys a less-than-civil reaction.
Some new bits.

Joel builds the alter
Some music
and a 'less-than-civil reaction' from Lily on the situation
Old 02-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollity (View Post)
I think the reason will be that Sarah realizes that her kids still need her. But that really wouldn't make sense because it's not like Mark has to move and I'm sure he'd stay if Sarah didn't want to go. Maybe she decides she doesn't want a baby anymore and let's Mark go to find someone who does?
this, exactly. Lazy writing. I hope there is more to it than her kids needing her!!

Old 02-22-2012, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope you're right, it was one thing when they were younger but now I say it's Sarah's time to have some fun and do what she wants, that's not selfish in my books.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Not sure if Mark is at the wedding, I don't think he was mentioned in the sides, just Sarah and the kids.

I think they dropped the birth control pills scene as it was probably not needed, but I just see no reason Sarah would end this. They are only talking about moving in a year's time, not next week so unless Mark has to move (as we assumed) then why would they do this again.

Maybe this is a good sign, if it was all tied up in a night bow with them happy and planning a future next week at the wedding then the series could end, but now it just can't!
You can ignore my post on the Parenthood thread, since my question has been answered! Cause OMG, the promo had me in tears! Damn you Parenthood!!

Arghhh, I don't undertand, why are they breaking up???? It just doesn't make sense? NY was just a plan for a year away. Mark has no official job there. Am pretty sure that he wouldn't go to NY without her. So, why can't they stay as they're, and Sarah will be still near her children. I see know reason for a break-up. There has to be more to it? It seems like we're back to square one at this subject! But I also agree with you all, the wedding will be at the end, after the 'Break-up'! (I hate saying that now it's become even more real!) Hence no Mark at the wedding, and Sarah hugging her children.

Am really sad!!!

Damn Jason's new job!!!!!!!!! I hope it fails!!!!!! LOL
Old 02-22-2012, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree right now I can't see why they would break up, they are only planing to move, maybe in a year or so when Drew is in college. It's not like Mark has a firm job offer unless next week he gets an offer and has to go, even then if they are committed then he could move and they can do the long distance this for a while?

I guess something else will happen that tips them over the edge?
Old 02-22-2012, 05:07 AM
Master Fan

If Jason didn´t have the other show in works I would think that they would get back together at the end of the episode. Now it looks like she will wake up one morning and decide that she doesn´t want to be with him anymore. I hope the writers have a hell of a good reason for the breakup in their sleeves. She can´t use her kids as a reason now.

They changed all the Sarah´s scenes from the sides for this episode.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You know I'm really disappointed how they have treated Sarah this season, another dead end relationship, which they new since the day Jason signed up to the new show. Not much movement on her writing and I can't remember the last time we saw Sarah at the bar working?

Compare that with Adam who started a new business and have a new baby at home. Crosby who admitted he screwed up and now gets the girl and his family at the end of the season. Julia has had a rocky season with Zoe but will have a pay off with the 7yo boy they adopt.

But Sarah appears to be back at square one with her career and personal life.

Also still nothing on Zeek's health, yeah we had a little last week but I have a sick feeling he's going to have a problem at the wedding or something.

I fell they need a double ep final to wrap things up for the season
Old 02-22-2012, 07:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Am I hoping too much, that the promo is lying to us about the Break-up? Maybe the want us to believe they spilt up? Maybe Mark just says that, because he thinks that is what Sarah wants. Naaahh......It's gonna end! The look on Sarah's face says it all! I think we now know who 'the devastating blow is for two characters' (Shudder!!)

Am so mad because I don't see why this has to happen? What's going to happen to Mark, is he still going to go to NY? Because I don't see him going, after the break-up? Or will he go anyway somewhere for a fresh start?

I want a damn good reason from Parenthood, for why this relationship has to end!!
Old 02-22-2012, 07:15 AM
Master Fan

from eonline

Quote:
ChelsitaRae Parenthood. WHOA.
Right? Right?! Stop reading right now if you haven't seen last night's phenomenal episode. But just wait til you see next week's episode, which is...the wedding! They throw it together in only three days. We were on set for it, and it was totally magical (as all Braverman backyard family events should be). Well…Except for Adam and Crosby whose bromance is O.V.E.R. Crosby is gonna oust him as his best man, so it's vicious, y'all. So are the storylines for Sarah and another Braverman female. Prepare to cry. It's a great season finale.

E! Online
Quote:
I want a damn good reason from Parenthood, for why this relationship has to end!!
you and me, both. Seriously, If it´s lame it´s going to ruin the whole season for me.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Well maybe its not for good... most shows have couples break up at some point and then get back together.
So don't fret... well, unless it doesn't come back, then be pissed.

I think she still has feelings for Seth... regardless of what she says... and that could play a role in the break up... but hey if it means I can see JC again in the finale... bring it

OTP: Jim/Pam (the office US), Castle/Beckett (Castle), Sean/Fiona (Shameless), Henry/Jo (Forever)
Old 02-22-2012, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollity (View Post)
I think the reason will be that Sarah realizes that her kids still need her. But that really wouldn't make sense because it's not like Mark has to move and I'm sure he'd stay if Sarah didn't want to go. Maybe she decides she doesn't want a baby anymore and let's Mark go to find someone who does?
This is exactly what I think.
Mark wouldn't want to go to NY if Sarah told him she wants to stay here.

It will definitely ruin the whole season for me, too. If the writers come up with some lame excuse (which I have a feeling, they will), I'm gonna be so pissed and I will let Sarah Watson know that. Believe me.
It just doesn't make any sense! My friend's I'm staying atm was totally confused yesterday (she's not spoiled).

*shakes head*
Old 02-22-2012, 07:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

oh dear - i just finished watching. such an emotional roller coaster. Julia, Kristina, Amber ... they made me cry so much.
I mentioned before that I like Jasmine/Dr. Joe, and I thought the last scene was really over the top.

Last edited by Cathren; 02-22-2012 at 07:46 AM
Old 02-22-2012, 08:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa23 (View Post)
Well maybe its not for good... most shows have couples break up at some point and then get back together.
So don't fret... well, unless it doesn't come back, then be pissed.
This is whole break up reminds me of Luke and Lorelai the second time! I was devastated. Infact, I think this one is going to hurt even more! However, I hope like L&L they find there way back to each other!!!

Tissues at the ready!!!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

Let´s be honest, I may complain now when I don´t know what will happend but they usually manage to convince me at the end. Hell, they even sold me the Crosby and Jasmine wedding.lol So I sit and wait and hope for best (even though I can´t imagine it now)

Old 02-22-2012, 08:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
Let´s be honest, I may complain now when I don´t know what will happend but they usually manage to convince me at the end. Hell, they even sold me the Crosby and Jasmine wedding.lol So I sit and wait and hope for best (even though I can´t imagine it now)
I keep watching the promo and crying! Sarah's face!! We really don't know the outcome (but at the same time, we do!)

At least will see some Braverman dancing at the wedding! Hopefully it end on a happy note!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread