Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2017, 06:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

When would an episode description for next week's episode be released?
Old 02-08-2017, 06:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseycappietruelove (View Post)
When would an episode description for next week's episode be released?

Here is description for next week:

Quote:
NEW
STAND BESIDE ME
Episode 508

TV-PG (1 HOUR 0 MIN)
Rayna and Deacon take precautions as Hockney tests the limits of the restraining order. Juliette asks the church choir to work with her on an album. Scarlett finds herself drawn to Damien.
509 description should be released either late Thursday or sometime on Friday.
Old 02-09-2017, 02:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

I can't believe that we still haven't gotten any official comment from Connie or CMT. Are they really gonna air the episode and kill off Rayna ? I don't know how it's been handled on other shows, but if one of the lead actors/actresses leaves, it's usually know to the fans before the actual exit, right ?

I mean those of us who do spoilers are at least a little prepared, but there are a lot of fans out there, who don't read spoilers. It will be such a slap to the face for them.
I'm just disappointed at how terrible they are handling this situation

As for Maddie taking over Juliette's (or Rayna's role) ... I can totally see them doing that. Repeat the whole Juliette/Rayna SL from S1 with Maddie/ Juliette.
Don't get me wrong, I think that Lennon is a very talented actress and she is one of the best singers in the cast imo, but she can never carry a lead role on this show. She doesn't have the experience and the charisma of someone like Connie Britton. That's not really a critique, but simply because of the fact that she is still so young. Also, while I did enjoy Maddie's SL with Clay in the previous episodes, I have no interest in watching teenage drama in every episode from now on. That's just not what the show promised us in the first place.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I mean those of us who do spoilers are at least a little prepared, but there are a lot of fans out there, who don't read spoilers. It will be such a slap to the face for them.
A lot of people on Twitter/comments sections etc. seem to ask about Connie leaving even now, and then everyone chimes in with "It's ok, she said she's staying when she was on Ellen", so if Rayna really does die in a couple of episodes it will be completely out of left field for lots of people. The interweb may go into meltdown lol.

Quote:
I think that Lennon is a very talented actress
Eh, she's adequate imo. She has nowhere near the charisma or experience to carry any of the stuff she's being given. Maisy seems to be the more natural actress of the 2 sisters to me. I do fear for the show if she's fast-tracked to a leading role, she just can't do it, and Maddie is a terrible character. And yes, this was never meant to be a teenage drama, it's sucking the life out of the show. What's wrong with making a show about adults? Why does everything need to appeal to the 'younger demographic'?
Old 02-09-2017, 05:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Eh, she's adequate imo. She has nowhere near the charisma or experience to carry any of the stuff she's being given. Maisy seems to be the more natural actress of the 2 sisters to me. I do fear for the show if she's fast-tracked to a leading role, she just can't do it, and Maddie is a terrible character. And yes, this was never meant to be a teenage drama, it's sucking the life out of the show. What's wrong with making a show about adults? Why does everything need to appeal to the 'younger demographic'?

This - I agree what's wrong with a show about adults anyway. Nashville just doesn't even seem like the type of show that will appeal to a younger audience especially as its already on Season 5. Why not try to keep the fans that you already have?!

And I have to agree that, although I'm sure Lennon is a very nice girl, Maddie is an awful character that most fans are sick to death of already. If the plan is to fast track Maddie to co lead then they have made a huge mistake and are basically writing the show into cancellation. Death by Maddie.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy1993 (View Post)
I can't believe that we still haven't gotten any official comment from Connie or CMT. Are they really gonna air the episode and kill off Rayna ? I don't know how it's been handled on other shows, but if one of the lead actors/actresses leaves, it's usually know to the fans before the actual exit, right ?

I'm just disappointed at how terrible they are handling this situation

As for Maddie taking over Juliette's (or Rayna's role) ... I can totally see them doing that. Repeat the whole Juliette/Rayna SL from S1 with Maddie/ Juliette.
Don't get me wrong, I think that Lennon is a very talented actress and she is one of the best singers in the cast imo, but she can never carry a lead role on this show. She doesn't have the experience and the charisma of someone like Connie Britton. That's not really a critique, but simply because of the fact that she is still so young. Also, while I did enjoy Maddie's SL with Clay in the previous episodes, I have no interest in watching teenage drama in every episode from now on. That's just not what the show promised us in the first place.
Well Jane the virgin just did that Though I don´t follow spoilers there, so that´s general audience feeling.

Though I think usually people following spoilers do have more clue than what we have now. So all is open. Wishing some definite clues though before hand, but if nothing else then I need to hear what will happen before watching myself and wait a little before watching ep9

Last edited by IceTear1; 02-09-2017 at 05:43 AM
Old 02-09-2017, 06:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy1993 (View Post)
I might be wrong, but I think when Grey's killed off Derek, it was a total surprise. I don't think I'd seen any spoilers about it, but I wasn't following it as closely then. I'm certain someone here will correct me if I'm wrong. But it did seem to be a huge shock.

But seriously, would any show really want all that to be sussed out in advance? Especially considering that Marshall and Ed have said they don't like to talk about storylines and that they've gone to great lengths to hide things. They actually did the same thing on Thirtysomething - Gary's death was a surprise. I think people were expecting one, but thought it would be Nancy. Gary came out of left field.

That's why I think it getting out, however it did, about Connie not staying has made it seem like they're being sketchy or not truthful. If I were them, I'd be so pissed....

I do think that if this plays out the way everyone thinks, we will get the strong Deacon we've been missing so far this season. Especially based on the fact that they said they didn't want that old Deacon back from season 4.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

To go the teenage route would be ok maybe on the PLLiars network lol. This is CMT idk many kids who tune into cmt unless an awards show is on. This Clay is casted the rest of the season and said he has many interactions with Connie Britton but I haven't watched the last 2 episodes so maybe he gets to know her before some psycho kills her. I don't mind Clay I do mind Maddie. I can't agree more she just annoys me unless she's being nice to her family for s short time on screen lol.

CMT I'm sure doesn't want us to know their lead is leaving or we are all terrible wrong but I don't think we are wrong. If we add up the events to come it just is all to clear!
Old 02-09-2017, 07:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

It's not CMT or Marshall/Ed I'm annoyed with, it's Connie (as much as it pains me to say it): JUST DONT SAY YOURE IN 'FOR THE DURATION' IF YOURE NOT ACTUALLY!!!!!! It's really frickin easy: tell Ellen beforehand you won't answer that direct question, or play coy and give a non-answer, it's not like she hasn't done it before.
If I was the show runners/network I'd be really annoyed that it all came out before the season aired properly, and then when it had all slightly calmed down again that Deadline article about Connie's availability for pilots comes out.

Interestingly most websites/comments seem to be taking the news about pilot season availability to mean that Connie won't return for season 6, but I assumed it means she's left Nashville already as pilots are currently filming now for next season? I never thought we'd get season 6 out of her no matter what happened.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:13 AM
Loyal Fan

I have to admit that when I read about Connie being available for pilots, I didn't take that to mean she'd be off the show. I figured she could fly back and forth to LA for meetings or to film a pilot. Just because someone makes a pilot doesn't mean the pilot will get picked up. And if it is, it doesn't mean the filming will start right away, either. To me, this just meant that she wouldn't be available for season 6.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ordinarily, I'd agree as I know schedules can be worked out, but given the spoilers and the fact she barely seems to have been in Nashville the city since filming started again in January, makes me think it all adds up to dead Rayna mid-season.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:13 AM
Loyal Fan

Only judging by Twitter feeds, but it seems like the Jaymes/Claybourne/Conrad clan has been off set recently. Maybe this is their downtime?

I'll wait and see what happens over the next few episodes, but it could be that Connie negotiated some free time for pilot season before the new season started and this is their way of writing her off for a bit. She can make a pilot, participate in negotiations, etc. without having to leave Nashville this season. Any pilot she makes is going to have to get picked up in the first place before they ever start filming. We'll see.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

Someone on Facebook just messaged that she's happy Scarlett is kissing Damien to give Gunnar a taste of his own medicine!!! Wtf! When did the guy ever cheat on her?
Old 02-09-2017, 08:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

#AlternativeNashville!
Old 02-09-2017, 08:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjou (View Post)
Ordinarily, I'd agree as I know schedules can be worked out, but given the spoilers and the fact she barely seems to have been in Nashville the city since filming started again in January, makes me think it all adds up to dead Rayna mid-season.
From what I can tell she's mostly been in Nashville. She's been doing things out of Nashville but only for a day or two at a time and then straight back.

Rayna could definitely be dead. But I think it's still possible that they've agreed to a lot more Rayna light episodes in the second half. She's been around Nashville enough for that I think
Sarah [youtube]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread