Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessa24 (View Post)
wow a kiss? it seems like L/L have been together for a long time then. wasn't it mentioned somewhere that the book singing was two years prior? Does that mean he and Lindsey have been together for two years? That's quite a long time. I def think it's obviously when they are broken up but the questoin is how long have L/P been broken up and do L/L start dating after the kiss or what?
I don't see that being the case. If they were together for 2 years then Lindsey wouldn't have a reason to be insecure in 503. She'd know him well enough. No I think their relationship is still pretty new in 501. They got together a short time before 501. That would also explain the original Lindsey side if it's not a flashback that has happened ages ago.
I won't let you be denied
Ashu is always mindlessly twatting away on Twitter|icon by Petra
Old 09-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheena (View Post)
i really hope that he puts something in the dedication about Peyton that prompts her to go to this signing.....I'd really LOVE that I mean Peyton is/was such an important part of Lucas's life, they shared so much. I could see him dedicating something to her in his book. Her seeing it as a sign and deciding to go.
aww that would be really sweet.

This has got to be post breakup or Lucas would be a complete ass for acting all pissy with Peyton.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Passionate Fan

that would be awesome cheena but I doubt we'll get that but it would be love.

andu: I figured their relationship was relatively new also but they kiss at the signing so either it's a friendly kiss or nothing comes of it at the time.
"You said we were destined to be together."
avie: thanks Paul!
Old 09-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, we're unsure what kind of "kiss" L/L share at the book signing. They could just be flirting at that time. In fact, I'm gonna go with that for now, unless we are told otherwise. I do think that they started dating before the show picks up in 5.01. Maybe for a few months
Old 09-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Extreme Fan

A few months-ok, but I sure hope it hasn't been 2 yrs.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Plus, if they were even remotely still together, how in the world could Lucas even act one bit upset with Peyton when he sees her in TH if he was kissing Lindsey when they were still together?
That is why I do think they were already broken up at the time of the signing. Lucas was expecting Peyton to show up and when she didn't, he felt like he was forced to move on. He did move on, and he and Peyton have not spoken since. So seeing Peyton 2 years later at the Rivercourt is really hard for him, b/c yes he still has feelings for her, but he has moved on and her showing back up just messes with his head. He knows that if he allows Peyton in at all, he won't be able to stop it from going any further or stop his feeling for her from rushing back. That's why he can't hug or touch her.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

Well we are guessing that the breakup is 2 years before 501. I don't see Lucas just diving right into the next relationship. He's not really the type for that. He did that in S1 and it went horribly for him (well technically he didn't go from one relationship to the other but you guys know what I mean). In S4 he didn't do that and things were a lot better for him.
I won't let you be denied
Ashu is always mindlessly twatting away on Twitter|icon by Petra
Old 09-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinLovesOTH (View Post)
That is why I do think they were already broken up at the time of the signing. Lucas was expecting Peyton to show up and when she didn't, he felt like he was forced to move on. He did move on, and he and Peyton have not spoken since. So seeing Peyton 2 years later at the Rivercourt is really hard for him, b/c yes he still has feelings for her, but he has moved on and her showing back up just messes with his head. He knows that if he allows Peyton in at all, he won't be able to stop it from going any further or stop his feeling for her from rushing back. That's why he can't hug or touch her.
And he hasn't written anything since his book signing which Peyton didn't show up to. That's do-able.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

Right, and so with Peyton back and all these emotions returning, Lucas begins to write again.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Passionate Fan

do we know if the signing is two years prior or is that a spec? I thought I had read that somewhere but I'm not sure.

I really hope she's the reason he can't write and then starts writing again when she decides to stay. I hope Mark is that smart.
"You said we were destined to be together."
avie: thanks Paul!
Old 09-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinLovesOTH (View Post)
Right, and so with Peyton back and all these emotions returning, Lucas begins to write again.
he had writers block because he lost his muse, she's back in town and he can write again.
um I can work with that
Old 09-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Master Fan

I think the book signing being 2 years ago came from sides maybe from 501??
Old 09-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Absolute Fan

^^I think was one of our things we made up (or deduced from previous information) and just ran with. Maybe not, but I think so.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I just don't think I like these "misunderstanding" storylines.
It reminds me too much of game-playing. I'd rather see Peyton and Lucas honest with eachother versus doing what they "think would be best for the other." It never, ever works out and it causes the person more pain in the end, anyway. So, I sincerely hope the writers do not take that route. Although, all signs point to yes for now, though. Shoot.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
-Lindsey's office during the day (scene 37): Her office is busy and cluttered. She is described as pretty, smart, and driven. Lucas enters her office. Lucas apologizes for missing his deadline. He realizes that she has people who are counting on her and it's not fair to her. Lucas sees a copy of his first novel on her coffee table. Before Lucas says anything else, Lindsey recalls the time when she first read his novel. She says that she read it cover to cover and she says that it spoke to her. She felt like she knew him before she knew him. Lindsey tells him that it was a great first novel, but authors are known for their body of work. It's been two years since Luke has written that novel, and it scares her because he's not writing at all. Seriously, Lucas asks for more time. Then he lightheartedly says that she could give him more time because he's cute and she has the hots for him. Lindsey isn't amused. She tells him that he takes advantage of her. She is being serious. She basically tells him to leave which he does.
I was reading this side again, thinking about the timeline. Is this correct? She says he hasn't written anything since his last novel, 2 years ago. Does that mean this scene could be a flashback?

Also, if Lucas is doing a book signing for his first novel, that would happen pretty soon after graduaiton right? I wouldn't say it took him over a year to finish it.

This is all making me thing LP might not have made it to 2 years, unless it took Lucas 2 years to publish the book. Am I making any sense here?