Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lost S&S #21: The season just started and it's already a mindfrakker.

Lost Spoilers and Speculation Thread

First S5 promo:

General spoilers:
LOST writer Carlton Cuse, along with Ugly Betty writer were a part of a TV and Film Forum in China to discuss their shows and answer some questions about the industry.
Here is a little summary of the key moments from Cuse including some of the spoilers he revealed for Season 5. There is also a tidbit about OGR at Comic-Con.

1) Jack v Locke (Science v. Faith) - One of the fundamental themes of show. In Season 5 Jack will become more a Man of Faith and Locke will become more a Man of Science. Locke believes his destiny is tied to this island. This will be a story line that we will explore in the upcoming seasons.
2) We will learn what happened to Locke and the others. Also, now what is Locke's destiny since he is in "charge" of the island? He has committed his destiny to this island and thinks that it will lead him to enlightenment. We will eventually see if he is right or not.
3) Locke's story is not over. There is a famous guy named Jesus Christ that was resurrected.
4) We already know what our path is and people make mistakes in theories, because there is no simple answer and they do not have enough information
5) Sawyer is his favorite: Handsome, charming and dangerous, everything he would want to be.
6) He gives a shout out to Skaters and Jaters and then mentions that we call them Darlton. Kate will end up with one of the two eventually.
7) New LOST interactive game start at Comic-Con, register to become a member of Dharma Initiative. Depending on how you do on the test you will be a Physicist, Chemist, or even a Workman.
8) Production starts in August and Season 5 will air from January to May 2009.
9) Talks a about Piracy, online downloading, some things about writing and more.
10) Does being a producer affect your story writing? No, we write first with out being a producer and then put on producers "hat". Explains this is the reason why we got an extra hour for Season 4 finale. Do not want to censor themselves as producers.
11) Discusses picketing during the writers strike and why it happened.

Episode 5.01 - Because You Left
Air Date: January 21st, 2009
Centricity: Multi-Centric
Synopsis: In the first part of the season premiere, entitled "Because You Left," the remaining island survivors start to feel the effects of the aftermath of moving the island, and Jack and Ben begin their quest to reunite the Oceanic 6 in order to return to the island with Locke's body in an attempt to save their former fellow castaways.
Casting News:
[Casear]
A dangerous, physical and extremely intelligent male between the ages of 35 and 45. Although his intentions are unclear, this much is certain:
he's as skillful at charming people as he is at killing them. He also has a dark past..
[Ilanna]
a European female in her late 20s to early 30s who possesses great intelligence, but who's also dangerous as all get out. She's alluring and apparently used to getting her own way.
[FOREMAN]
40s to 50s, any ethnicity. A blue-collar construction worker. He's worked hard to get where he is and provide for his family. He cares deeply for his crew, hates it when management is
condescending and arrogant but ultimately knows his place in the pecking order. CO-STAR.
[MARTHA]
35 to 40, Asian, attractive. A smart, capable scientist with a strong personality who has taken a break to raise her baby but plans to work again. Completely believes in the work
she is doing but sometimes questions the decisions of those in charge...CO-STAR, RECURRING
[DAN]
40s, any ethnicity. A high-priced attorney, someone really sharp who can be friendly. However, there's a real menace lurking below the surface. RECURRING GUEST STAR

Episode 5.02 - The Lie
Air Date: January 21st, 2009
Centricity: Hurley
Synopsis: Hurley and Sayid are on the run from the cops after stumbling into trouble at the safehouse; the island survivors come under attack by unknown forces; and an old friend offers some shocking advice to Kate in order to ensure that "the lie" remain a secret.
Casting News:
[Nigel]
British, in his late teens. Smart and mature for his age, if a little rough around the edges.
[Sophie]
British aristocrat in her late teens and appears quite innocent and a little prim, but underneath she is formidable.
[DARLENE]
Early 20s, any ethnicity. A bored clerk who hates her sucky job and looks for any burst of excitement to get through the shift. Alternative in dress and style,
plays guitar in her own band but needs the day job to pay the bills...CO-STAR.
[JILL]
Late 20s to late 30s; any ethnicity. A butcher who is one hard-as-nails cool chick. A tomboy, bit of a searcher, and highly
competent beyond her station in life...CO-STAR.
[CUNNINGHAM]
Mid-20s to Early 30s. Any ethnicity. Athletic, used to living outdoors and off the land. He is a loyal soldier but willing to compromise with the enemy to
protect his men...VERY NICE CO-STAR. THIS ROLE IS INTRODUCED IN 502 AND HAS 3 SCENES IN 503.

Episode 5.03 - Jughead
Air Date: 28th January 2009
Synopsis: Desmond looks for a woman who might be the key to helping Faraday stop the island's unpredictable movements through time; Locke finds out who has been attacking the survivors.
Casting News:
[Nigel]
British, in his late teens. Smart and mature for his age, if a little rough around the edges.
[Sophie]
British aristocrat in her late teens and appears quite innocent and a little prim, but underneath she is formidable.
[CUNNINGHAM]
Mid-20s to Early 30s. Any ethnicity. Athletic, used to living outdoors and off the land. He is a loyal soldier but willing to compromise with the
enemy to protect his men...VERY NICE CO-STAR. THIS ROLE IS INTRODUCED IN 502 AND HAS 3 SCENES IN 503.
[Abigail]
Female, 30s, British; working class. Stoic - but deeply wounded. Has a way with bitter sarcasm, though she's a loyal caregiver at heart...
ONE DAY GUEST STAR (Theresa's nurse)
[Theresa]
Female, 30s, British, blonde. Pretty suffers from dementia but also has short periods of complete lucidity...
ONE DAY GUEST STAR, COULD POSSIBLY RECUR
[SOLANGA]
Male, 50s, Filipino. The village doctor in a small, rural community. Has his vices but also genuine medical skills. Speaks relatively good English with an accent...CO-STAR
[JANITOR]
Male, late 40s or 50s, must have a British working class accent. Nosy, opinionated, resident rumor monger of a school. Knows everyone's
business and can't keep a secret to save his life...NICE CO-STAR

Episode 5.04 - The Little Prince
Air Date: February 4th, 2009
Synopsis: Kate discovers that someone knows the secret of Aaron's true parental lineage. Meanwhile, the dramatic shifts through time are placing the lives of the remaining island survivors in extreme peril.
Casting News:
[VINCENT]
Early to mid 30s, Caucasian. Owner of a Tunisian bar. Smug and smart, knows he's better than most of his colleagues but has a short temper. Thinks he's a tough guy and
gets himself into trouble because of it. MUST SPEAK FRENCH... Guest star.
[ LEON ]
Mid to late 20s, Caucasian. Reserved, handsome and talented. A romantic at heart, he finds himself overwhelmed in a stressful
job and at odds with a realist. MUST SPEAK FRENCH.. Guest Star.
[TONY]
late-20s to early 30s, any ethnicity. Tough, formidable, someone who could take an order and execute it flawlessly.
WOULD PREFER A STUNT MAN... Co-star.
[DR. EVELYN ARIZA]
30s-40s, any ethnicity. Chief of staff at a hospital. She's attractive with a great bed-side manner but tough and carries her authority well. Not afraid to
make difficult decisions...ONE DAY GUEST STAR
Episode 5.05 - This Place is Death
Air Date: February 11th, 2009
Synopsis: Locke shoulders the burden of ending the island's increasingly violent movements through time; Ben is stymied in his efforts to reunite the Oceanic 6 and bring them back to the island.
Casting News:
[BRIGITTE]
Early 20s, Caucasian, French. Pretty and self-reliant. Works as a waitress in an up-scale restaurant in Tunisia and
meets a mysterious stranger. Must speak French.... Guest star.

Episode 5.06 - 316
Air Date: February 18th, 2009
Casting News:
[HAL]
70s, Caucasian. Successful, handsome and charming rogue with a twinkle in his eye. A guy who can still fight the establishment and win...GUEST STAR. LIKELY RECURRING.
[MIKE]
30s-40s with Czech accent. A scientist. Very intelligent and creative. He's excited to show his boss his latest discovery. Has worked hard and knows he's on the brink of
something big...GUEST STAR. MUST HAVE AN AUTHENTIC CZECH ACCENT OR BE ABLE TO DO AN IMPECCABLE CZECH ACCENT.
[VICKI]
30s-40s, any ethnicity, attractive. Charming, coy and knows how to get what she wants. Has spent a lifetime in bars and can read a guy better than he knows himself...CO-STAR.
[RUPA]
20s, Indian (South Asian), pretty. Sweet, fun-loving professional young woman who can be tougher than she appears. Can deal with difficult customers with charm and ease...CO-STAR.
[NANDI]
Male, 30-35, Indian (South Asian) he's smart and professional. He's used to working with difficult and annoying people, so he's developed a kind but firm demeanor...CO-STAR

Episode 5.07 - The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham
Centricity: Rumored Locke
Air Date: February 25th, 2009
Casting News: TBA
Episode 5.08 - LeFleur
Centricity: Rumored Sawyer
Air Date: March 11th, 2009
Casting News:
[AMY]
A smart, attractive and charismatic Caucasian woman somewhere between 35-42 years old. She is outdoorsy and adventurous. She is comfortably successful at her job.
Her love life is complicated and a reflection of her own complex nature. She is a woman many men find attractive and she likes qualities of each of her suitors but is looking for the whole package.
Other women find her funny and honest. A SIGNIFICANT RECUR OF AT LEAST 4 EPISODES...GUEST STAR
[PHIL]
Any ethnicity, mid-20s to mid-40s. Thin, serious, and in usually in a bad mood. Works in corporate security, a task master, runs his teams by the rules. GUEST STAR. Possible recur.
[JERRY]
Any ethnicity, mid-20s to mid-30s. A bad boy. Dangerous, charming and always up for a good time. Works in corporate security; can be serious and tough when he needs to be. NICE CO-STAR. Possible recur.
[DOCTOR]
Male, any ethnicity, 30s. Smart, hippy-ish, well-trained doctor who finds himself thrown into a situation outside of his medical experience and has to adjust. NICE CO-STAR.

Episode 5.09 - Namaste
Air Date: March 18th, 2009
Casting News:
[MARTY JANKOWSKY]
40s to 50s, Caucasian, very smart and controlling. Marty has his own way of doing things and god help you if you cross him and/or try to alter his very precise process. A deep and free thinker he uses his fierce intellect as a weapon. GUEST STAR/POSSIBLE RECUR
[JACK ROSS]
30s, any ethnicity. A former air force bomber pilot who now uses his professional skills and unflappable demeanor to maintain order in a highly chaotic environment. He's smart, professional and competent. He keeps his wits as those around him in a crisis are losing theirs. ONE-DAY GUEST STAR

Episode 5.10 - He's Our You
Centricity: Sayid
Air Date: March 25th, 2009
Casting News:
[MARTY JANKOWSKY]
40s to 50s, Caucasian, very smart and controlling. Marty has his own way of doing things and god help you if you cross him and/or try to alter his very precise process. A deep and free thinker he uses his fierce intellect as a weapon. GUEST STAR/POSSIBLE RECUR
[FATHER]
40s, must speak Arabic. A domineering and quick-tempered father who's trying to bring his boys up properly. Feels he has to teach his son a lesson about how to be a real man. CO-STAR.
[OLDER BOY]
12, must speak Arabic. Sensitive and kind-hearted, he's scared of his domineering father and knows he's a sad disappointment. CO-STAR.
[IVAN]
Late 30s to late 40s, pudgy, must have a Russian accent, wealthy, upper-class and has lived the good life, but gambling debts have caught up with him. Now he fears for his life from the Russian mob. CO-STAR.
[YOUNG BOY]
8, must speak Arabic. Quiet and thoughtful who loves his older brother and is protective of him, can do what his father asks calmly and coolly. CO-STAR.

Episode 5.11 - Whatever Happened, Happened
Centricity: Rumored Kate
Air Date: April 1st, 2009
Casting News:
[ERIK]
late 20s to 30s. Any ethnicity. Smart and dangerous. Tough military type. Follows orders and doesn’t question them. He is a loyal soldier. CO-STAR, COULD POSSIBLY RECUR
[DEBRA]
late 20s to 30s. Any ethnicity. Intelligent field nurse. Can quickly respond to new emergencies. Strong, does not shrink from overwhelming situations. CO-STAR

Episode 5.12 - Dead Is Dead
Air Date: April 8th, 2009
Casting News:
[GRAHAM]
Caucasian, male, 40. Blue eyes, 6 foot, English/British ONLY, confident, has come into his own and ready to be a leader. He's the SVP of a major financial corporation jockeying for the CEO position...GUEST STAR

Episode 5.13 - TBA
Shooting Date: January 28th - February 12th
Air Date: April 15th, 2009
Casting News:
[HOWARD]
Late 40s - late 50s, any ethnicity. Blue-collar, tough-looking. A lonely guy who finds it hard to admit his love for his son. Goes to great lengths to finally bond with him. TWO VERY NICE SCENES - ONE DAY GUEST STAR.
[LITTLE BOY]
8-12 years old, Asian. Precocious and inquisitive, he wanders away from his mom and finds himself in a scary situation but discovers he’s got more fortitude than he ever imagined. CO-STAR.

Last edited by Crystaline; 01-27-2009 at 04:02 AM
Old 01-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Umm they do get them! Kate and Juliet are both motor mechanics we got pics of them in the jumps suits in a bodyshop in othersville a little while ago.
Let's hope those inevitable Juliet/Kate scenes will finally give us some decent interaction between them for a change, but it will probably be more pettiness and jealousy over Jack. Gag me with a spoon.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think so. Least I hope not. Kate has certainly matured in the 3 years she's been gone. And when she's back, things should be different.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

I would like to think so Crystal, but I can't and especially not after the latest promo. And let's face it, the interaction between Juliet and Kate has always been triangle related. I can't think of one single scene between them where this was not the case and I find it sad. We have so few women on the show and female to female interaction is a rarity. I would love to look forward to those rare moments but I can only dread it in case of these 2.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

What about the promo? The Jate kiss?
Old 01-24-2009, 07:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Let's hope those inevitable Juliet/Kate scenes will finally give us some decent interaction between them for a change, but it will probably be more pettiness and jealousy over Jack. Gag me with a spoon.
NOOOOO don't tempt fate like that! LOL we have to hope Kate grew up during that time period. Do you think Kate will still be with Jack by the time they get back to the island?
Old 01-24-2009, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv-fan189 (View Post)
NOOOOO don't tempt fate like that! LOL we have to hope Kate grew up during that time period. Do you think Kate will still be with Jack by the time they get back to the island?
If the Jate kiss is a present time kiss, I assume that Jack/Kate are going to return to the island as a couple. Why else do you think that I dread the inevitable quadrangle stuff in the second half of the season so much?

Quote:
Yep. If the kiss happens in present time, I will have a hard time buying this new and improved mature Kate.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

We don't know the context of the kiss. I don't think we should be so quick to jump to conclusions.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
yea i was really hoping i was imagining things....
its so unnecessary
Old 01-24-2009, 10:29 PM
Master Fan

Tftnt

Old 01-24-2009, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lost Spoilers - New Promo
Old 01-24-2009, 11:58 PM
Master Fan

There's a scene in the promo that suggests to me Jack will be at the place where Mrs.Hawkings' pendulum thingy was operating.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yep. I think it's a church.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
We don't know the context of the kiss. I don't think we should be so quick to jump to conclusions.
I know we should not jump to conclusions, but I don't see how this could possibly look good if it's in present time because Kate is the one who initiates it. Wait, watch and see I guess.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:55 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread