Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2013, 09:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples200 (View Post)
It wont be angsty the whole season long and I hate to burst some of your bubbles but we could very well get episodes where Wade and Zoe are not the focus!

It's Hart of Dixie not Wade and Zoe of Dixie!
Right Zoe is the focus....
And I never said every episode was only ZW....yet they are my two favorite and if all I get when I get stuff between them is angsty. Where is the fun in that?

And it really sounds like it will be. Neither will want to be around the other and we can only have so many forced situations to put them in a room together.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 08-06-2013, 09:07 AM
Addicted Fan

Wade's ILY wasn't random in the sense that we had long been taught to believe that he loved her and would do anything for him. The shock wasn't the fact that he said it -- it was when he said it that felt random.

The writers simply didn't create a good enough build-up for such an emotional speech.

(And please don't make me think about the plot holes in that episode that you could drive a truck through -- oh, wait! they did drive a truck through one! -- because just thinking about the dream sequence at the beginning sets my teeth on edge).
Old 08-06-2013, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

The show has always had dramatic moments. Take a look at S1. It was most definitely filled with a lot of angst and drama. S2 was lighter because Zoe was happier. LG said that. She was with Wade so they were having fun and things were light. The show takes on the tone of the WZ relationship it seems. S3 should be more angsty and still have a lot of light hearted moments like S1. And yet most of the WZ stuff will be more dramatic even though some of it will be played up for laughs. The WZ filler scenes will be the light fluffy stuff. The scenes that need to have more impact will need to be more dramatic. And those are the moments that should be used appropriately to build their relationship even if it means that they are pushing apart from one another. And it will be more angsty because they love one another and they aren't together. We can't have a season full of fluffy stuff because that will bore everyone really fast. And WZ can't be all happy at the moment because there is a lot between them. They are not together because Wade cheated on her and hurt her. As a result she has chosen to move on and yet she still loves Wade. Even without Joel we wouldn't be having fun WZ stuff because they broke up because he cheated. Joel is actually good because we can get some fun stuff there.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBellian (View Post)
Wade's ILY wasn't random in the sense that we had long been taught to believe that he loved her and would do anything for him. The shock wasn't the fact that he said it -- it was when he said it that felt random.

The writers simply didn't create a good enough build-up for such an emotional speech.

(And please don't make me think about the plot holes in that episode that you could drive a truck through -- oh, wait! they did drive a truck through one! -- because just thinking about the dream sequence at the beginning sets my teeth on edge).
The build up was an entire season? The fact he bought the Rammer Jammer so she could see he was changing into a man she could consider giving another chance?

Yes WZ didnt have many scenes together in the last few episodes but that doesnt mean there wasnt build up. The build up was been there since day 1.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Elite Fan

I think in S2 Wade and Zoe had a very immature type of relationship. It was what they needed at that stage and it also gave them both the foundation on which to build something deeper. Their relationship is going to have to evolve into something more mature and adult. And that is only going to happen after they both deal with their individual issues that keep having them both act like immature teenagers. They need to mature individually before they can have that mature adult relationship that is meant to last. So in S2 we had the fun and light stuff because that is what an immature relationship is. It is all fun and happy. And then when the real issues hit neither of them had the tools to deal with it. So they fell apart. And then they had these very mature feelings for one another and yet they didn't how to make that work and fit. And that is what S3 should be. They are each going to learn to mature. Their relationship should start taking on a deeper more mature tone. And I think that the tone of the season will reflect that.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples200 (View Post)
The build up was an entire season? The fact he bought the Rammer Jammer so she could see he was changing into a man she could consider giving another chance?

Yes WZ didnt have many scenes together in the last few episodes but that doesnt mean there wasnt build up. The build up was been there since day 1.
I said that the buildup was there.

I also said that the timing felt random.

There needed to be better buildup within the episode for it to have felt organic -- and the writing for it just wasn't there. Too much was played for laughs for me to buy that Wade had finally arrived at such an emotional place in his life that he had to do a Dukes of Hazard type u-turn to finally chase what he wanted.

Which makes me feel incredibly sad. Here's a character I had completely accepted as real and authentic, and suddenly in the finale, everything about what he did and said felt forced and badly written....

(As I said, please don't make me revisit how bad the "wanna go again" scenes were...).
Old 08-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

It wasn't even the finale...it was the few episodes before as well. Wade acting like he didn't even care, etc. then suddenly the realization hit that he had to chase Zoe while she was planning to only leave for a weekend. Add that to the fact she had just told
Him she was still really hurt and wasn't ready to go there.

I guess for me. At the end of the day The ILY fell short when I had been waiting for it for almost 2 seasons!

At least Wade being heartbroken at the beginning of season 3 makes sense.

~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 08-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
It wasn't even the finale...it was the few episodes before as well. Wade acting like he didn't even care, etc. then suddenly the realization hit that he had to chase Zoe while she was planning to only leave for a weekend. Add that to the fact she had just told
Him she was still really hurt and wasn't ready to go there.

I guess for me. At the end of the day The ILY fell short when I had been waiting for it for almost 2 seasons!

At least Wade being heartbroken at the beginning of season 3 makes sense.
That sentence that is bolded is what it is about. The scenes and emotion need to be believable and natural. Wade being heartbroken when Zoe returns makes 100% sense. So with that his actions and decisions need to reflect that. And in reaction to that Zoe is going to have reactions and make decisions. And so on and so on. And every reaction and action is going to change the direction of the story and the emotion and feel that should be there to make their journey both compelling and entertaining. And I don't want them to rush any of the steps or give me too much filler just to make me laugh. If I wanted to watch a comedy I'd watch stand up or a sitcom. I also am going to need the compelling parts of their journey which I am only going to get in the scenes and moments (even if they aren't WZ scenes) that make me feel. I don't care what that emotion is whether it is happiness or sadness. I just want to feel. And that emotion needs to be appropriate to that point in their journey. There will be plenty of WZ filler to keep it light hearted.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie76 (View Post)
That sentence that is bolded is what it is about. The scenes and emotion need to be believable and natural. Wade being heartbroken when Zoe returns makes 100% sense. So with that his actions and decisions need to reflect that. And in reaction to that Zoe is going to have reactions and make decisions. And so on and so on. And every reaction and action is going to change the direction of the story and the emotion and feel that should be there to make their journey both compelling and entertaining. And I don't want them to rush any of the steps or give me too much filler just to make me laugh. If I wanted to watch a comedy I'd watch stand up or a sitcom. I also am going to need the compelling parts of their journey which I am only going to get in the scenes and moments (even if they aren't WZ scenes) that make me feel. I don't care what that emotion is whether it is happiness or sadness. I just want to feel. And that emotion needs to be appropriate to that point in their journey. There will be plenty of WZ filler to keep it light hearted.
Exactly. You can't complain about the issues of the end of S2 on one hand and want an unbelievable rushed reunion is S3 on the other. You either want a good story that makes sense and has substance and meaning. Or you want garbage just to see smoochie face WZ.

Quote:
Personally way more than who is dating who on this show and whoever is going to hook up with the other, I want to personally connect with all of the characters. Those touching moments are what stick with me the most and that is why I am invested in the show. I want to give a damn about the characters and their stories. I want to know why they act the way they do. I want to want the best for them. I want to laugh and cry. I want the idea that a character is going to go through pain to actually touch me so that I feel that and dread the idea that the character is going to have a rough time. I want to look forward to the highs in their journey so that I'm enjoying it with them. I want that when I turn the TV off these characters stay with me and make me want to talk about them and wonder what is next in their journey. It isn't just Wade. We've all been saying we need more depth to George for years now. I want to give a damn about what happens to George. They did a great job with Lemon in S2. I want these characters to be so much more than cardboard cut out characters.
I can't believe I blew past this post. I feel the exact same way. Very well put Tracie.

Last edited by lemers718; 08-06-2013 at 03:03 PM
Old 08-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Quote:
I don't see Earl telling Wade to find someone and move on or end up like him. I honestly think that Earl would rather be alone than be with the wrong person. And that is what I think he'd tell Wade later on in the season. That would make Wade realize that it isn't right to sacrifice his happiness just so that he isn't alone. That the can find other ways of being happy. That being with someone for the wrong reasons isn't right.

And Earl can point out to Wade that he hasn't really lost Zoe since she isn't dead. Wade can keep trying. Sure he may fail, but get back up and try again and don't give up. He needs to get over the fact that he got hurt. That the reward is more than worth the risk. And then he can point out that Wade wouldn't want to end up like him. Again as long as Zoe is there and single, Wade has a chance if he just keeps trying. Nothing is final but death.
Tracie, I keep coming back to this....

Because neither Wade nor Zoe are really happy without the other, the end of season 2 proved that, And really the fans aren't happy either.

To me, Earl telling Wade that he should never give up and keep fighting because since she isn't dead he hasn't officially lost her forever, she may have just taken a detour, would be an amazing scene.

Old 08-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Addicted Fan

I agree.

Wade knows how badly he screwed up (and so does all of the town). As a result, I think the natural conclusion about Zoe's relationship with Joel -- not to mention her nerve in bringing him back to BlueBell with her instead of staying safely in NYC is that a part of her wants to rub Wade's face in how badly he hurt her.

Which is to say that there's still enough there for her that an outside observer like Earl might very easily be able to recognize that she's not really acting like a woman who's moved on, which is a reason for Wade to persevere instead of giving up and admitting defeat!
Old 08-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Tracie, I keep coming back to this....

Because neither Wade nor Zoe are really happy without the other, the end of season 2 proved that, And really the fans aren't happy either.

To me, Earl telling Wade that he should never give up and keep fighting because since she isn't dead he hasn't officially lost her forever, she may have just taken a detour, would be an amazing scene.
I want an Earl and Wade scene desperately. And yet even that is going to take time as well. Wade isn't going to pay any attention to anything Earl says if Earl is drunk or doing something to embarrass Wade. There will need to be a build up with the relationship between Earl and Wade and Earl will have to be sincere. It will have to come at a time when Wade is willing to listen as well. If everything falls into line it could be an amazing storyline.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie76 (View Post)
I want an Earl and Wade scene desperately. And yet even that is going to take time as well. Wade isn't going to pay any attention to anything Earl says if Earl is drunk or doing something to embarrass Wade. There will need to be a build up with the relationship between Earl and Wade and Earl will have to be sincere. It will have to come at a time when Wade is willing to listen as well. If everything falls into line it could be an amazing storyline.
To me this could be a great Christmas moment. And it would in a way parallel the previous Christmas.

At the same time Zoe and Joel could be ending their relationship.

Last edited by Cadenf; 08-06-2013 at 06:15 PM
Old 08-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
To me this could be a great Christmas moment. And it would in a way parallel the previous Christmas.

At the same time Zoe and Joel could be ending their relationship.
Earl/Wade Christmas scene would be good.

Zoe and Joel need to break up before then.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Lyla: Hart of Dixie scoop please!
A new Breeland woman is coming to Bluebell: Grandma Bettie! Lemon's grandmother comes to town to help her granddaughter preserve the Breeland name. A pillar of the Southern Belle community, Bettie is strong, upscale and take-charge. Hm…we wonder where Lemon gets her personality from?!
Spoiler Chat: Scoop on Scandal, Pretty Little Liars, Supernatural, Revenge and More! | E! Online
Closed Thread   Post New Thread