Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2016, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Joe and Gordon is the best thing about the show, but I really loved Cameron's involvement this episode too.

Everything else is crazy! What is it with her disappearing to Japen? And how did Ryan become suicidal so suddenly? And I hope to god, this doesn't mess up Joe more than he really is!
Old 10-05-2016, 08:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
Joe and Gordon is the best thing about the show, but I really loved Cameron's involvement this episode too.

Everything else is crazy! What is it with her disappearing to Japen? And how did Ryan become suicidal so suddenly? And I hope to god, this doesn't mess up Joe more than he really is!
I can see how Ryan had become suicidal at that point. It had been 4 months of him on the run by himself and becoming paranoid. Plus when Joe said his options were basically to keep running or go to jail--and be off computers, and on top never work with Joe again, that was the breaking point.

Never understood Ryan's role this whole season but now it makes sense. He actually humanized Joe.

I think the final two eps will be fast forwards. I remember reading in the production casting calls that the location would be for COMDEX 1990. Last ep was 1986. So probably going to be some HUGE 4 year jump. The episode description says that Gordon has to deal with a difficult Joanie (?) so I assume she'd be a teenage version by then.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofpower (View Post)
So this now makes sense! 4 year flash FORWARD.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofpower (View Post)

Thanks for the tweet.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

it makes sense in as muchas Cam might be back from Japan by then?
Old 10-06-2016, 09:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
it makes sense in as muchas Cam might be back from Japan by then?
Since COMDEX is an international convention, I can see them running into her (with whatever she is doing) at the convention. Will be curious as to what Joe is up to at that point, or if he and Gordon found a way to work together on something else.

IMDB still list Mark O'Brien in the last episode, so I assume Cam's still with Tom

But the single BEST episode from Season 1 was the one where Joe, Cam, Gordon & Donna went to COMDEX. It feels like they will be coming full circle here. I am getting a bad feeling the writers are positioning next week as a series finale.

If it's a 4 year jump -- and Gordon is already mentioned in the ep synopsis-- he must be doing okay health wise. I wonder if we'll know if Joe really does have HIV or not. Yikes.

Last edited by princessofpower; 10-06-2016 at 10:00 AM
Old 10-08-2016, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So glad you enjoyed the episode.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

these last two episode were like a dream come true!
Old 10-12-2016, 04:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
OMG, YES!!! It was *everything* I had hoped for and MORE! On top of that, knowing that AMC has already greenlighted a Season 4 makes me so happy

I am a hardcore Joe & Cameron fan--and to see them at Comdex & happily interacting with each other was fantastic. Seeing the bumbling printer guys was a treat. Watching Joe, Cameron & Gordon get back together to work on something SUCCESSFUL!

Plus, Donna is getting what's coming to her. She's just as conniving as Joe has ever been, you just don't see it when it's happening.

Hoping Tom will go the way Sara went next season -- meaning permanently off the show

Old 10-13-2016, 12:44 AM
Extreme Fan

It gets a fourth season? Seriously? I did not expect that at all, but i am happy about it. I guess Donna will screw them all over now, selling the webbrowser idea to someone else.

Tom has to go. I did like him in season 2 but now he is just annoying.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Cameron doesn't seem to love Tom, I don't even understand why she's with him, apart from what Joe pointed out.

I kept expecting the whole thing to turn out to be a dream, it was so much what I wanted to happen!
Old 10-14-2016, 11:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Cameron doesn't seem to love Tom, I don't even understand why she's with him, apart from what Joe pointed out.

I kept expecting the whole thing to turn out to be a dream, it was so much what I wanted to happen!
I think the only reason why Cam stayed with Tom (or even married him) is because he provided stability and/or "family" when she didn't have one--especially after becoming estranged from Boz and the Clarks.

I rewatched the pilot. From the very first scenes, this show has always been about Joe & Cameron's relationship. It makes sense they are getting back together. Their very first tryst Cameron end's the sex (when Joe says "it doesn't mean you'll get the job") she says sarcastically, "You mean we're not in love??" Everything says this will be full circle next season to show how these two dyfunctional characters eventually do fall in real love.

My favorite foreshadowing this season is Cam "nesting" in her new home with Tom. . .and then she literally destroys the nest --and shows it to Joe. LOL Great stuff!! She's too wild to be domesticated.

Tom has to go. He's an egomaniac. Telling Cam she had to leave with him isn't something the old Cam would've put up with.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Glad you're enjoying them.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarc (View Post)
It gets a fourth season? Seriously? I did not expect that at all, but i am happy about it. I guess Donna will screw them all over now, selling the webbrowser idea to someone else.

Tom has to go. I did like him in season 2 but now he is just annoying.
It really has improved greatly enough to ensure renewal, not that I didn't love it before.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:58 PM
MST Manager

That's good to hear.