Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Gossip Girl S&S #583: S is a ho. C a manho. N is a hooker. And we like em that way.

Effective immediately, the Spoilers Board Moderators reserve the right to temporarily close any thread that does not heed four official warnings given on any issue. This means that, if the Spoilers Board Moderators have to come in with four official warnings about any issue whatsoever, within 24 hours or so, then that particular thread will be temporarily closed. The duration of closure is subject to the Spoilers Board Moderators' discretion. Upon re-opening of the temporarily closed thread, said thread will be closed again if any warnings are given within 24-48 hours of the reopening. Lastly, if numerous warnings need to be given over the course of a week, and the moderators suspect an attempt to get around the "four warnings" rule to avoid closure, we reserve the right to temporarily close the thread.

Season two continues with Serena's rising social status, as she becomes a New York City It Girl. Taking Manhattan by storm seems a fun distraction, but when elements of her bad-girl personality begin to emerge, will Serena's newfound status fuel bad habits? Plus, as Serena and Dan struggle to come to terms with their breakup, Dan unwittingly crosses Serena, and he sees what she is really capable of. Dan also acquires a mentor — a literary lion who urges him to explore his grittier side. But will he lose his moral compass?

Blair dates someone out of her league and is dealt a severe betrayal. This won't be the only betrayal Blair will face, as someone close to her threatens her queen bee status. However, Blair will dish up ill will of her own — no one leaves her in Tuscany, certainly not Chuck Bass … Meanwhile, Chuck demonstrates how truly Machiavellian he can be, as he helps facilitate the fall of one queen bee and the rise of another. Chuck and Blair's love-hate relationship rises to new levels; he regrets his decision to leave her, and tries to make everyone — including Blair — pay for his mistake.

Nate shocks everyone with a scandalous new relationship with a sexy older woman, all the while trying to deal with the consequences of his father jumping bail. How will Nate handle these newfound financial woes? What schemes or dreams will he come up with to make money?

Jenny continues her Cinderella story, substituting Blair for her mother, Eleanor, and a job at Eleanor's atelier. Jenny also develops a friendship with a model who gets her in over her head in the dark, adult world of fashion. This girl is the fun, wild friend who pulls Jenny away from family and school and into the night … something Rufus is not happy about.

Vanessa's life gets turned around by the return of her unstable sister, a force whose wrongs Vanessa is always trying to right. Plus, she gets pulled back into Nate's drama, and, though she tries to be a good friend to him, it is hard on her. Vanessa opens the door a bit more to her life and why she is the way she is. She also gets a job that brings her closer to the world of Rufus.

Rufus, meanwhile, has returned from tour with the realization that the dreams he gave up haven't left his mind. He'll have to choose which path he wants to follow. Rufus starts to date again, something that brings him into conflict with Lily. He is also in conflict with Jenny, over her future, and with Dan, and Dan's new attitude to live more and take bigger risks.

Lily returns from a three-month globetrotting honeymoon as Mrs. Bart Bass to find herself thrust into a new level of Manhattan society — and all the privileges and pressures that come with it. The public unveiling of the new apartment — palace or gilded cage? — lends incredible stress and Lily starts to question the choices she's made. She also finds out that her new husband knows more about her than she thought, as he attempts to clean up and contain her past. Lily's attempts to maintain some type of relationship with Rufus and escape from the mundane duties of a society wife force Rufus to draw the line, and, for the first time in their history, Lily finds that she's the one rebuffed.

Through it all, Gossip Girl is there. Keeping track of the shifting friendships, jealousies and turmoil in this wealthy and complex world isn't easy, but it's what Gossip Girl does best (always with an X and an O).

Based upon the book by Cecily von Ziegesar, Gossip Girl, which has already won two Teen Choice Awards for Choice TV Show – Drama and Choice TV Breakout Show and garnered a legion of fashion-forward fans, was developed by Josh Schwartz & Stephanie Savage and is executive produced by Schwartz, Savage, Leslie Morgenstein and Bob Levy.

Episode 2.15: Gone With The Will
Airdate: January 12, 2009
Description:THE READING OF BART BASS’ WILL — With the reading of Bart’s will, Chuck (Ed Westwick), Bart’s brother, Jack (guest star Desmond Harrington), and Lily (Kelly Rutherford) learn the fate of the Bass empire. Rufus (Matthew Settle) and Lily’s relationship is strained as Rufus seeks details about the child he never knew he had. Noticing that his father has been acting strangely as of late, Dan (Penn Badgley) does some investigating and uncovers Rufus and Lily’s secret, putting him in the awkward situation of deciding what to do with this shocking revelation and who to share it with. Blake Lively, Leighton Meester, Chace Crawford, Taylor Momsen and Jessica Szohr also star. Tricia Brock directed the episode written by Amanda Lasher.
Promo & Sneak Peeks: Promo #1 Promo #2, Sneak Peek #1: D Pulls a Post-Strike S, Sneak Peeks #2 - 4: Minions Overhear D's Secret; J Pulls a Bart Bass On C; S Boyfriend Digs with V
Writer: Amanda Lasher
Director: Tricia Brock

Casting Sides

Episode 2.16: You've Got Yale
Airdate: January 19, 2009
Description:WHICH OF OUR FAVORITE UPPER EAST SIDERS ARE GOING TO BE ATTENDING YALE IN THE FALL? — It’s that stressful time of year when Constance Billard and St. Jude’s students find out who is and isn’t worthy of early admission to Yale University. Serena (Blake Lively) bonds with her new Shakespeare teacher, Rachel (guest star Laura Breckenridge), who has no clue the wrath she is about to suffer after giving Blair (Leighton Meester) the first B of her prep school career. Chuck (Ed Westwick) pairs up with an unlikely ally in his war with Jack (guest star Desmond Harrington) over Bass Industries. Nate (Chace Crawford) and Vanessa (Jessica Szohr) spend a romantic evening at the opera. Taylor Momsen, Kelly Rutherford and Matthew Settle also star. Janice Cooke directed the episode written by Joshua Safran.
Promo & Sneak Peeks:
Writer: Joshua Safran
Director: Janice Cooke

Kristin said what?:
- Dan and Serena will continue to go in circle for a few episodes before Dan gets involved with the teacher.
- Nate and Vanessa will be going strong. She will help him a bit with the Chuck situation.
- Georgina will most likely be back in the last third of the season.
- Bart's death will cause some positive movements in CB's relationship and Blair just might tell Chuck she loves him.
- Dorota will be getting the webisode series, not Rufus and Lily.
- The hot teacher being cast for episode 16 will be important, but it is not certain she will hook up with anyone.
- Latest scoop on the crazy woman’s blog is that a third wheel dies and Rufus and Lily will get closer without this third wheel (say Bart faster than we do).
- Kristin has also said in the past that Nate and Jenny are making out but will not be in a relationship, they are just doing it for fun.
- She has also mentioned that DS are not getting together any time soon and that every episode from now on has a squee CB moment.
- They are working on getting Michelle Trachtenberg back towards the end of the season for another guest appearance.
- The teacher is for Dan. He and Serena will not be getting back together anytime soon.
- Part of Nate's journey in growing up might have something to do with Blair.
- RL are done for now, as are CB. They will be attending 3 different colleges. It gets a little Eyes Wide Shut.

Ausiello scoops:
- Nate gets a rich, married, Vanderbilt cousin in his 20s.
- Serena and Anne Hathaway will have something in common.
- Lily and Rufus' love child will appear on the show in April or May. Apparently the gender has not yet been decided.
- Lily will be attacked by someone she knows! And don't count on lonely boy being lonely after the holidays. (here)
- Laura Breckenridge is playing Rachel Carr, a young teacher who will have a conflict with Blair. Minimum 3 episodes.
- Dan and Serena are getting back together REALLY soon.
- Gossip Girl will have 25 episodes this season!

Interviews:
- - According to Stephanie: They will be doing prom and graduation. Georgina is coming back near the end of the season.
- - According to Stephanie Savage: Vanessa will go to college; Nate and Blair will continue to be friends; Dan and Blair will star in a school play together; Nate will feel a pull towards " the people he started his journey with" and surprising feelings will come to the surface.
- - According to Penn Badgley: Serena and Dan will be happening again very soon; big stuff is happening between Dan and Chuck.
- - According to Connor Paolo: Eric and Jenny will get closer when she goes back to school; Eric will be there for Chuck after his dad dies.
- - According to Mickey from TV Guide: Eric and Jonathan's relationship will be short-lived. He has bigger fish to fry and will even help Jenny with her underground fashion line.
- - Josh Schwartz spills the beans on what’s to come on GG this season
- - Leighton says:
(About Chuck and Blair in season 2) "We have a lot of conflict, believe me. And their conflict is very interesting, because it's very internal. There's not real outward obstacles. It's a lot of their own minds colliding with each other. Her not wanting to give in. Him being a playboy and not being able to fall for her completely. And then when he does, he doesn't show it. And when she does, he shuns it, and all these things. So it's very real life, and to me it kind of is this sort of bad girl/bad boy version of The Age of Innocence with Daniel Day Lewis and Michelle Pfieffer's characters."
- - Connor Paolo told cinemablend that he hopes for more Eric/Chuck time, and then Eric will get more "badass" next season.

Magazines:
- - According to OK Magazine, Kate French will be appearing in one of the Jack Bass episodes as a nanny that "gets involved" with Chuck.
- - According to OLV, they are filming an opera scene for episode 16, it appears.
- - According to New York Magazine:
Next season will be college, but some characters won't be attending.
Jack Bass is a villain!
Georgina Spark will come back.
Lily will not be pregnant.
- - According to NBC Los Angeles, there will be a wedding coming up this season, and Jenny will be even more pivotal next season.

Unknown sources, but reliable, nonetheless:
- Not everyone will go to college, and the ones that don't might surprise you.
- Lily's attacker is someone no one will expect.
- Chuck will be fighting for more than Bass Industries in the upcoming episodes.
- Blair will have an internal conflict regarding her college decision, Chuck, and her future.
- Someone might be pregnant, but it's not Serena, Lily or Jenny.
- Rufus and Lily's love child will affect more than just Dan and Serena.
- Chuck's secret about his mother will come back. More people will find out and it will be sad.
- There will be one major scene between Chuck, Dan, and Rufus at the opera house. (poster who saw filming)
- Dan/Serena are back together and making out in the audience of the opera house episode 16, Lily/Rufus have some scenes, Chuck/Rufus have a scene. There is also a Lily/Rufus/Jack scene. Harold appears. (IMDB)
- Chuck and Blair will reevaluate the limitations on their relationship in episode 15 or 16. (PraesseM)
- The wedding will not be Eleanor and Cyrus. They are deciding between three couples. (PraesseM)
- The writers will not have RL be endgame, because it interferes too much with DS. (PraesseM)
- Blair’s bulimia is back as an upcoming issue, with Chuck finding out and taking about how they would support each other forever. (PraesseM)
- Vanessa and another cast member get a “ridiculous” storyline. (PraesseM)
- If the Wedding SL happens, it would not be until Spring Sweeps because February sweeps scripts have already been written. (PraesseM)
- They originally wanted a JN baby but nixed the idea. We might get a pregnancy sl down the line, but it's unknown who it would be. (PraesseM)
- Most of the next episodes are centered around CB and the fallout of Bart's death. (PraesseM)
- There is a new party in 2.17. More random info here. Side annecdotes on 2.13 here. (PraesseM)
- Nate will continue to be clueless. (PraesseM)
- In upcoming episodes we will see Chuck at his darkest points. Blair will stand by him, but she will need everyone's help. Blair will need Chuck in an upcoming episode, but it might not have to do with her eating disorder.
- The majority of the characters will be centered around Chuck for the next few episodes. Even in the scenes that don't have Chuck in them.
- Blair's father will make another appearance in an upcoming episode. This time it won't just be a Blair and her father interaction but rather more characters will also be in the scene.
- Chuck will never directly say "I don't love you" to Blair. While hurt, she's everything to him.
- There will be some flashbacks coming but they aren't going to be the entire episode.
- Blair will comfort Chuck, but it won't be so much of the "hug" scene. Lots of verbal hugging and general sardonic wit.
- Jenny is going to wear some ridiculous outfits coming up, lots of eyeliner, but lots of tacky things that are comical. (PraesseM for the above)

Last edited by katiediaz; 01-09-2009 at 11:57 PM
Old 01-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Passionate Fan

EVERYONE, please, respect the opinions of people that you don't agree with when it comes to couples or characters (and this is for ALL of us). We can all agree to disagree and do it respectfully. We've done it before. Character and actor bashing is not acceptable. But stating that you lost your love for a character, or that you hate a character for whatever reason isn't bashing, either. It's an opinion, and we're ALL entitled to having one. So let's have fun and and engage in healthy debates without resorting to petty insults or name-calling.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Supreme Fan

TFTNT!
Quote:
Thats what I think too. I'd be pissed if I was a fan of Nate, Vanessa or Serena too if all I heard was about Chuck. But I feel we're always being lumped together and generalized as fangirls
I'm an Everyone fan, except maybe Chuck and Jenny. But I like this Chuck talk, it prevents the NV bashing, together and separately as characters.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread let me just say again until begining S2 I was a deep Rufus and Lily fan but their selfishness and bad parenting in these past episodes made me wanted to slap myself for liking them. g
Old 01-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT

no title? How bout:
b/c Serena is a ho. Chuck is a manho. And Nate a hooker. And we like em that way.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

tftnt

I am on/off with chuck. I mostly enjoy him so I rarely will bash him. I enjoy CD too much to bash chuck. But sometimes he pisses me off. But I ahve never ending hate for RLJ
Old 01-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Fox I use to love Rufus but this season had me questioning his parenting skills.Lily I never liked though.Lily should die alone.Rufus derserves someone better who isnt related to Serena.

Vote for the sexy Kris Allen
Old 01-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

LOng time ago.. but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatlynLover_Girl23 (View Post)
I dont know why its fair that Nate is a stoner and a manwhore and Chuck isnt.
Chuck and Serena have the same past.If fans judge her because she slept with a bunch of guys in the past then its just wrong because Chuck was bad if not worst.
If Nate can be called a stoner then so can Chuck.Its unfair that some fans treat
him like a honorable character,He's just like Serena only Chuck is developed and Serena isnt.I can understand S though even if she's undeveloped.If that makes any sense.
Chuck is a manwhore and a stoner.

The problem is Chuck never says to every girl: "I have strong feelings for you""/I love you"/ "I want to be with you"/" I am not over you..." Don't get me wrong... Nate is a cutie but c'mon...

For real the only blame Vanessa and Jenny have = let Nate come between the friendship.

Between Chuck and Serena in this topic.. They are pretty much the same... she had as much sex as Chuck for the same reasons i believe...
make it shine
Old 01-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Master Fan

To me the show would be boring without Chuck and Jenny. They are the only ones that make any kind of non-guest star drama. Hence why s1 was all CJ sparking things up since there weren't many guesties.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Anita I love the title but it does't fit!

Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

Chuck is a whore. He's a stoner. He's an alcoholic. He's a druggie.

There. And I still love him!
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shu (View Post)
tftnt

I am on/off with chuck. I mostly enjoy him so I rarely will bash him. I enjoy CD too much to bash chuck. But sometimes he pisses me off. But I ahve never ending hate for RLJ
I know what you mean Shu.I never liked Chuck until this year.He changed so much that its hard to believe he's chuck bass.Because we got some development from him i understand his actions more than anyone else's on the show.I cant
be pissed at him as much as last year.I hope he continues to grow as a gentlemen.He owes Blair that much and to himself.

Vote for the sexy Kris Allen
Banned

I actually dislike almost every character on this show except Chuck , Blair and Dan. I've tried SO many times to like the other characters and something about them pisses me off.
Supreme Fan

Tftnt

Quote:
The problem is Chuck never says to every girl: "I have strong feelings for you""/I love you"/ "I want to be with you"/" I am not over you..." Don't get me wrong... Nate is a cutie but c'mon...
IA, Nate has the Lucas Scott syndrome. Sadly.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane_Asher (View Post)
LOng time ago.. but...

Chuck is a manwhore and a stoner.

For real the only blame Vanessa and Jenny have = let Nate come between the friendship.

Between Chuck and Serena in this topic.. They are pretty much the same... she had as much sex as Chuck for the same reasons i believe...
I think the only thing people were commenting on that was taken out of context is that one should not be condemned for the action and the other be like oh well...just cause one is a guy and the other a female

neither was right to do that but there were reasons behind their actions imo.