Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2004, 09:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Gilmore Girls Spoilers - 'Cause now we want the good stuff dammit!

Please note that asking and/or begging for more spoilers isn't necessary. Our sources give what they can, whenever it is possible, and when the time is right. Asking over and over again won't make them come any quicker, or any more detailed. New spoilers are posted with a

Thanks for the new thread title Hannah!

Episode Spoilers

5.01 Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller

Gilmore Girls
"Say Goodbye To Daisy Miller"
Tuesday, September 21
Season Premiere
8:00 - 9:00 PM ET

ROMANCE AND ROAST BEEF - Picking up on the same night as last season's finale, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) is very upset that Rory (Alexis Bledel) has lost her virginity to her married ex-boyfriend Dean (Jared Padalecki). Luke (Scott Patterson) is happy and relieved to learn that Lorelai wants to pursue their new romantic relationship. Meanwhile, after announcing that she and Richard (Edward Herrmann) are officially separated, Emily (Kelly Bishop) decides to leave immediately for Paris. Realizing that Dean's marriage may not be over after all, Rory agrees to spend the summer in Europe with Emily. Melissa McCarthy, Keiko Agena, Yanic Truesdale, Liz Torres and Sean Gunn also star. Amy Sherman-Palladino wrote and directed the episode

Photos up at fanbolt. Link at http://www.gilmore-girls.net/spoilers.html

The season premiere doesn't open exactly where the last season left off, but this doesn't mean that there is a huge jump in time, either.

The season opens somewhere BACK in time.

Rory is not in Europe when the season starts. Rory does leave for Europe, however, at the end of the premiere.

The "usual suspects" are in the premiere. Christopher, Jason, and Paris are not.

Lindsay makes an appearance in this episode.

Details of the promos:

-Rory and Dean cuddling in bed (I'm guessing this is a flashback)
-Rory saying, "I slept with Dean."
-Rory and Dean kissing (not from the finale - definitely new)
-Rory in her dorm room, I think. It's a small room, so I'm thinking it's her dorm room.
-A clip of Rory going back into the house as Lorelai stands on their lawn (continuation of last scene of finale)
-Lorelai is in a place with multiple pay phones (airport?)
-Lorelai says sarcastically "You're 19, you know what you're doing" (Rory responds "I do know what I'm doing") and "It's your life, you do what you want" to Rory in the Dragonfly Inn. Rory leaves.
-promo caps

5.02 A Messenger, Nothing More

The Krumholzes are staying at the Inn - Mike is the dad, Nancy is the mom, kids Ethan (7) and Joanna (played by Abigail Mavity) (9). They interact with Lorelai and Michel. The parents want to go antique-ing but the kids want to stay at the Inn with Michel. Lorelai encourages the children to play hide and seek with Michel. Michel is not happy but Lorelai tells him he needs to play nice with the children to foster goodwill, word of mouth b/c they are a new business. Michel plays Chinese checkers with the kids.

Later, there is a Cider Mill parade, where Lorelai sees Michel with the kids. She is there with Luke but his dialogue is blocked out. Apparently they are watching Miss Patty's little dancing apples (according to stage direction).

There is some dialog blacked out, including what appears to be an exchange between Luke and Lorelai.

5.03 Written in the Stars

Luke and Lorelai go on a date! Marty's back! Asher's dead! Kirk's on a diet! Read on!

Apparently, Richard is living in the guest house on the Gilmore property. He has a valet named Robert and Lorelai makes gay jokes to Rory. They have been served cheese and drinks. Emily's maid comes to the door and tells them that dinner is ready at the main house. Lorelai chugs her martini and Robert helps them on with their coats. As they enter the main house, they comment how weird things are.

Yale - Rory meets Glenn's parents, Bob and Linda. Glenn is embarrassed and insists they aren't his parents, but some older friends. He's embarrassed because he didn't find out until too late that it's uncool for sophomores to have their parents move them in. He asks Rory to go along with his cover story: His parents Linda and Bob are his older friends Gladys and Bill and the three of them spend the previous night bar-hopping. Rory says Glenn hasn't changed.

After Glenn and his parents leave, Rory runs into Marty. She then sees Marty and give him a hug. While still with Marty, Rory talks to Paris on the phone. Paris is ranting. Apparently Asher has died over the summer and she's complaining about the funeral and his family. Paris is sad, Rory tells Marty that Asher died and he asks if he died in bed. Rory says no, and Marty says he lost the pool (heh).

Paris and Rory are living together in Branford, but this year they have their own rooms. When Rory gets back to the dorm, she finds that Paris is there and has switched their rooms around.

Day 2 - Lorelai runs into Kirk in the town square on a bench. Apparently he's on some sort of diet and complains that he's hungry. Lor offers him Hot Tamales but Kirk says he's allowed to eat cucumber and pomegranate seeds. Lor says he's starving himself.

Rory and Marty are at a coffee cart and Marty says that his uncle is really his father - his mother told him over the summer. He asks Rory what she did over the summer. Rory doesn't have the chance to go into details as Logan, Quinn and Colin, three spoiled rich kids walk by - Colin bumps into Marty. Apparently Marty has bartended for Logan at parties and makes jokes that he recognizes Marty but doesn't know who he is out of uniform. Marty introduces Rory and Colin says he understands why Rory likes him. The guys laugh and walk off and Marty says he hates those guys, Rory sarcastically agrees.

Rory's in her dorm, apparently she and Paris are rooming together again but in seperate rooms. Paris has switched rooms (she has the bigger one) but comments that Rory's gets less sun so she doesn't have to worry about skin cancer.

Rory gives Paris a hug and says she's sorry about Asher. Rory offers to hang flyers advertising a memorial service for him. Rory goes to hang the flyers and sees Logan, Quinn and Colin. They are looking for Rory's door. She sees them go to her own door and overhears one of them say, "This is where she lives."

Luke and Lorelai are on a date. Lorelai makes a comment, to which Luke replies "Dirty?" They go to a restaurant (formerly a whorehouse) run by an old "energetic and sharp" couple, Mazie and Buddy. Mazie and Buddy are teasing Luke, call him Lucas and give him a hard time when he orders beer instead of champagne. Mazie insists on serving them champagne because they're on a date. Buddy says Lorelai is beautiful and Luke says he had nothing to do with it. Mazie says he shouldn't order anything with garlic "to give the boy a chance." Mazie tells Lorelai that Luke is special and Lorelai agrees.

A couple more tidbits about the date. Luke gives Mazie a hug when greeting her. Mazie says they're excited b/c "Lucas never brings his girls here."

The page ends with Lorelai saying "So they know you."

Day 3 - Gilmore House - Emily is dining alone, eating an omelet, listening to Tony Bennett. Her maid Madonna Louise (Ciccone?) offers dessert. Emily says she smelled something funny in the kitchen and ML says she sprayed for ants. ML leaves and Emily is all alone, in the silence. She goes to the living room, tries to read a book and sees headlights flash by the window. We hear a car drive away and Emily is astonished at what she just saw (?)

From poster over TWOP:

General Spoilers

8/7/2004

Rory will not be in Europe long, and it has already been written.

7/14/04

Zap2It:

Premiere Date:

Tuesday, Sept. 21

8 p.m. "Gilmore Girls"

7/12/04

TV Guide:

ABC's I'm With Her had barely taken its last breath when Gilmore Girls creator Amy Sherman-Palladino says she "swooped in like a vulture" and got leading man David Sutcliffe to return as Rory's father for seven episodes next season. Look for his character, Christopher, to muck up Luke and Lorelai's long-awaited romance. Hints Sherman-Palladino, "He's gonna be Complication Guy." Or, as we are likely to call him, That Jerk Who's Ruining Everything.

Hollywood Reporter:

Matt Czuchry has been added to the cast of the WB dramedy "Gilmore Girls" as a recurring, playing the new love interest of Rory Gilmore (Alexis Bledel). The project reunites the actor with the network and the studio after he co-starred in the WB/WBTV drama pilot "Dark Shadows" this past development season. Czuchry, whose credits include the feature "Eight Legged Freaks" and the CBS drama "Hack," is repped by ICM, 3 Arts Entertainment and attorney Jeff Bernstein.

Dean will also be returning next season.

Spoilers may change at any time without any notice. Spoilers are posted here as they are given, we will not alter, change or reword any of my spoiler sources. So, if there is a spelling error, so be it! Any 'spoiler' not verified by one of my sources will be considered a rumor until there is verification that it is true. Do not post whole or excerpts of scripts.. summarize them. Please do not ask where we get the spoilers or how our sources know these spoilers.
Credits: spiced,opossum and ABNormal of Fan Forum, Fraz and Jenna of Fanbolt and Gilmore-girls.net, Rachel and Heidi of Gilmoregirls.org, Zap2it.com, Eonline.com, Showfax.com, Aint-it-cool-news.com, Spoilerfix.com, and Filmjerk.com.
Have a spoiler, rumor, questions or comments.. post it! Please tell us where the said spoiler/rumor has come from (e.t. from the WB tour, online, another board). If you wish to be named, or feel like you haven't been properly credited, PM me as soon as possible.
Eternal Flame | MMS #40 ~ ILY #48 ~ WYMM #1

Last edited by Jen2003; 08-22-2004 at 02:22 AM
Old 08-16-2004, 09:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ooohhh new thread. Definitely agreeing with the thread title. Let's get a little more info about Luke and Lorelai...Rather than the deranged love birds. (Does anybody else think Rory looks 12-years-old and Dean 30-years-old in that picture of them in bed?)

Wife #1/2

"I'll always feel something for him..."
Trust Fund Babies

avie by denrito
Old 08-16-2004, 09:28 PM
Absolute Fan

is there anywhere I can see pix of the promo? Or the video of it?

SJ ~ Leave the Keys
Yankees...How you doin....How how you doin?
Old 08-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Loyal Fan

There were pics, but apparently they're no longer up, or at least we cannot link to them anymore.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:36 PM
Absolute Fan

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

*sniff*

ETA - did anybody save them to their computer and could maybe send them to me?

SJ ~ Leave the Keys
Old 08-16-2004, 09:40 PM
Loyal Fan

sorry, I should have saved them, but I didn't... I'm sure that somebody did, though

although the pictures were kind of scary, just to warn you - but you probably got that reading our posts, lol
Old 08-16-2004, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -Genevieve-
Reposting the pics because a lot of people aren't able to see the other ones.

Old 08-16-2004, 09:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh, they are working. cool. I tried posting them, and for some reason it didn't work. Hmm.

Thanks Gen!
Old 08-16-2004, 09:47 PM
Absolute Fan

OMG.....that one of them in bed! I'm scarred!

Thanks Gen!..although I may have nightmares now

SJ ~ Leave the Keys
Old 08-16-2004, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

Haha. It's someting you don't want to see but you can't look away.

The original pics weren't working anymore, but luckily I had saved them and uploaded them to my album last night.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:56 PM
Absolute Fan

it's like I can't look away, and when I look at them, I wince and scroll down. And it's a vicious cycle....EEK!

SJ ~ Leave the Keys
Old 08-16-2004, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

Lol, I know. And If I had my dad's digital camera I would be taking some more pics from the promo I have and taping it to torture everyone some more. But since I don't, consider yourself lucky
Old 08-16-2004, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Nice. I come back from a perfect vacation in Florida and return to some truly barf inducing promo pics of Rory and Dean. Thanks for nothing WB promo dept. My hatred for you still burns yet.

*whines*

Where's the JJ lovin? The adultery storyline is a relatively good one for Rory, but honestly, would anyone here really prefer pictures of them over L/L? It's times like these where I almost wish Luke and Lorelai were high school juniors. Then maybe they'd be rammed down our throats like the rest of them.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:20 PM
In Theaters

I missed the promo Thanks for the caps though! I can't believe that Rory's going to continue her affair with Dean! Now THAT is truly shocking.

Old 08-16-2004, 11:34 PM
Passionate Fan

hello everyone!!
This is what i read in gilmore-girls.net:

"NEW! The season premiere opens at some point before the finale ended and continues on instead of cutting out with Rory standing on the front lawn like the finale did."

So, I think that maybe the Rory and Dean in bed scene could be the same scene of the finale episode, when Lorelai arrives home and starts to search for Rory, but with R&D point of view, you know?
I just can´t imaging Rory sleeping with Dean again...

So, what i´m thinking is that the season opens with L&L kissing scene. Then they cut to Rory and dean in bed (i never thougth that Rory could diskuss me so much) they are lying there after they had sex, and they hear Lorelai screaming and looking for Rory, just like in the finale. Then they cut to the scene where Rory is standing on the front lawn cryng, and then they put the opening credits...
What do you think? That COULD hapen...
Now, there is that R&D kissing scene of the promo that I just CAN´T explain...

See you
Juli from Argentina