Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2005, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolebabe23
Can I ask a question to the thread in general? Have you guys always analyzed the show this much? In my case, I never disected things to this degree until I joined FF. In the past, I would watch an episode and either love it, hate it, or be a combination of both. I wasn't aware of a lot of the inconsistencies and what not that alot of people point out. Do you guys watch the episode and then analyze it and pick it apart? I'm not passing judgement or anything. I was just wondering.
I always had debates with myself about the show!
(Ok so I'm crazy! Like you didn't know!)
I was actually relieved when I joined cause I could finaly discuss all that stuff with someone else rather than myself! And even get some different prospective! Trust me that was refreshing!
But I always noticed the little stuff: anvils, quotes, exchanges, looks, body language, continuity errors
(Yeah, yeah...even the continuity errors, I just didn't let them bug me so much!)
Old 08-29-2005, 08:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Dream****...I love your avi. Is that from March of the Penguins?
Old 08-29-2005, 08:49 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Hey,I am wondering why no one has complained though why Richard wasn't shirtless!
Seeing Richard shirtless in "Kill Me Now" when he was in the sauna was quite enough. Stick to the pyjamas, thank-you very much!
Old 08-29-2005, 08:53 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle26
Seeing Richard shirtless in "Kill Me Now" when he was in the sauna was quite enough. Stick to the pyjamas, thank-you very much!

Here here.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Here here.
I second that!
Old 08-29-2005, 08:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Does anyone follow the podcasts from tvguide.com? Because the latest one, published on 8-25-05, says they have GG scoop. I'm stuck at work and can't hear the audio.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Dream****...I love your avi. Is that from March of the Penguins?
No, but inspired by it. I loved that movie, especially the part about the father's helping so much..........but now that someone has noticed I've changed my avi.....totally different.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louise 333
Rory is attracted by "the other world" she's enjoying being a part of it and acting like she totally belongs to it, until she will realise why Lorelai run off , but maybe she has to deal with it to make a choice,and a comparison.
It's not a personalremark, just something I noticed in the latest weeks: why do everyone authomatically think that once Rory sees the "other world" she should run away as her mother did?
Not all the people born in a wealthy family choose to run away, and not only those who ran away are the good ones...Lorelai made a choice that was right for her at the time, but this doesn't mean that everyone in the same situation have to take the same decision to "do the right thing".
I know AS-P will probably choose the easy path, but I think she is semplifiying the class conflict way too much.

Kisses
Old 08-29-2005, 09:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareike
Uh - you do remember the end or HL - Emily telling Chris to leave, when she saw the hurt of Lorelai.

About the Promo - you're right, Lorelai looks great when coming to Richard and Emily - about Rory's bangs - I still don't like them... perhaps I need to get used to it.
Yep, watched it last night. But she didn't get involved until after Rory was upset and left the room, so I count it as protecting Rory, which is fine because Lorelai doesn't need Emily's help in handling Chris. And Emily having that long talk with Chris was probably what caused him to come over in the first place, even if she didn't specifically tell him to come over.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicKid
Yep, watched it last night. But she didn't get involved until after Rory was upset and left the room, so I count it as protecting Rory, which is fine because Lorelai doesn't need Emily's help in handling Chris. And Emily having that long talk with Chris was probably what caused him to come over in the first place, even if she didn't specifically tell him to come over.
I agree that the "long talk" was probably the reason he came, but truth be told Emily told Chris to leave right after Lorelai said it "hurt standing here talking to (him)" and that it's killing her!
So basically she stepped in when Lorelai was getting really upset!
Old 08-29-2005, 09:32 AM
Banned

At this point, I would like to throw up my hands, but they are on vacation in Peru.

[QUOTE=Sandlynn]Nor do you choose not to attend your child's hearing on a felony rap due to personal pique.

Sorry Sandy. Your Rory defense sort of ceased working when Rory states to Paris that she's independent now because she's away from her mother. Independent people go to court by themselves all the time. Rory built this house, and now she must feel the pain (Anyone knows where that comes from, you get a gold star or a mailed twinkee!). You cant condemn Lorelai anymore, because Rory walked out on her mom. She doesnt want her mom to have a role in her life, but her mom has to be at a court hearing?

Rory's always been sensible. In fact, she's been uber-sensible all her life. That's what makes her behavior so out of character and something to feel concerned about, not something to turn your back on. This is when her daughter needed her most.

Uh, no. Rory has been doing this since we met her. I just finished watching Lorelai's Graduation Day on ABCF, Even then, Rory wanted her mother, out of certain aspects of her life. After missing Lorelais' graduation, she still did not want to talk about Jess. Lorelai has been getting shut out of her kids life more and more over the years. Once Rory went to Yale, as Lorelai herself states in Pulp Friction, she lost her place in her daughter's life. IMO, saying Lorelai should be a mother to a child. Who obviously does not want her input anymore. Makes no sense to me. Defend Rory all you want, but do not peg things are Lorelai that absoutely hold no validity in the story itself.

I still don't understand why Rory should be forced to make a choice. Lorelai may be Rory's mother, but Emily and Richard are her grandparents and they are as much her blood and their heritage is as much hers as is Lorelai's world. Lorelai chose to leave her heritage behind, Rory didn't. Even Lorelai recognizes that even if she doesn't like it.

Because, as the Oracle pointed out to Neo; it's all about choice. After just watching a season 2 episode. Im really curious where in the hell Rory Gilmore has gone? Everyone can call her the ANGELIC RORY GILMORE. If they so desire. IMO, unlike now, she had no pretention about her. Now, because of her choice, just another pretentious young adult *******. So, this bright young woman, gets sucked into a world that makes her an *******, and she's supposed to stay like this forever?

At some point, Rory, has to decided who in the hell she is. I have always felt, that, when the time comes, she would side with her mother and the SH part of herself. She would never abandon her grandparents. Yet, as they say, you can take the girl out of the town, but you cant take the town out of the girl. She has to choose which path to take. Fabulous gifts, a blonde naked boy, and the money. Or the path, most like she was, but wiser and older and more refined version of that person. Which one truly represents her. IMO, it's not the one involving a Logan, a pool house, and a false sense of independence

However, the Huntzburger kid would have all sorts of testicular fortitude, if he figured out his own way in the world. Because that, would be different, and I would love that character and throw him a parade. If that ever happens.

Also, time-wise, Lauren Graham averages more time on GG than Alexis Bledel. It's called Gilmore Girls, but the central character is Lorelai Gilmore. Everything flows or has a beginning from the Lorelai stream.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Does anyone follow the podcasts from tvguide.com? Because the latest one, published on 8-25-05, says they have GG scoop. I'm stuck at work and can't hear the audio.
There's a summary of the GG stuff from the podcast in the intro (under general spoilers). And a clip to download later if you want.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

As hard as I try, I can't really find anything wrong with choosing fabulous gifts, a blond naked boy and the money...
If Rory really can't help finding her own little Luke instead, she can send me Logan anytime, I won't complain!

(And I'm a very Rory-like person, the angelic Rory, as you called her)

Kisses
Old 08-29-2005, 09:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJSW
Also, time-wise, Lauren Graham averags more time on GG than Alexis Bledel. It's called Gilmore Girls, but the central character is Lorelai Gilmore. Everything flows or has a beginning from the Lorelai stream.
The show is called Gilmore Girls. Cause it's about both girls!
Does Lauren carry more emotional weight as an acterss on the show? I think so!
But disregarding Rory's character (Even Emily) as just an important part of the show is unfair, mostly for the people that tune in only for Rory (and I know there are a few of you out there) just as much as for the people who tune in only for the mother-daughter dynamic (and I know there are just as many of you out there too)!

PS: I watch the show for everything. And I mean EVERYTHING! But i really understand watching a show for a sole aspect of it (I've done it for other shows myself), I respect that notion, & I'll defend it as much as possible!
Old 08-29-2005, 09:46 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for your help about the podcast, Gen. I wasn't sure if that was the same one from before.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread