Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Extreme Fan

Gilmore Girls Spoilers ~ Kropogs:$5...Roasted Duck:$15...New GG episode?..Priceless

]Previous Thread[/b]

Please note that asking and/or begging for more spoilers isn't necessary. Our sources give what they can, whenever it is possible, and when the time is right. Asking over and over again won't make them come any quicker, or any more detailed. Newest spoilers are posted with a

Gilmore Girls Episode Spoilers

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Episode 5.18 - To Live and Let Diorama
Air date: 19 Apr 2005

Writers: Daniel Palladino
Director: Jackson Douglas

Courtesy: Fraz and The WB
Tuesday, April 19
Gilmore Girls (8:00 - 9:00 pm ET)
"“To Live and Let Diorama”" ((TV-PG) (HDTV))
CAROLE KING GUEST STARS/JARED PADALECKI RETURNS AS DEAN –— When Stars Hollow’s oldest resident dies and leaves his house to the town, Luke (Scott Patterson) has an ulterior motive for volunteering to help turn the house into a temporary museum. Dean (Jared Padalecki) is also working on the project, and offers Luke some unwelcome advice about the dangers of dating a Gilmore girl. To get publicity for the Dragonfly Inn, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) does an interview with a travel magazine, but immediately regrets the unkind comments she makes about being raised by Emily (Kelly Bishop, who does not appear in the episode). Meanwhile, Lane (Keiko Agena) suspects that Zach (Todd Lowe) is having a fling with music store owner Sophie (guest star Carole King), while Rory (Alexis Bledel) and Paris (Liza Weil) are both devastated by trouble with their respective boyfriends. Melissa McCarthy and Sean Gunn also star. The episode was written by Daniel Palladino and directed by Jackson Douglas, who plays Sookie’s husband Jackson on the series

From TV Guide:
To Live and Let Diorama
The death of Old Man Twickham inspires Taylor to turn the deceased's house into a museum--with Luke's help; Rory, Paris, and Lane drown their guy troubles in Miss Patty's punch; and Lorelai has second thoughts after ranting about her mother in a magazine article on her inn. Carole King appears as a music-shop owner.

A Casting Side for Epsiode 5.18 has been posted for 1 character. The published Casting Side is for a character named Sandra Drake from the American Travel Magazine. She is interviewing Lorelai about the Dragonfly for an article. The Side runs for 6 pages. There is a marked out scene between Luke, Taylor and perhaps others at the Twickham House.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Episode 5.19 - But I'm A Gilmore
Air date: 26 Apr 2005

Writers: Amy Sherman-Palladino
Director: Michael Zinberg

Tuesday, April 26
“But I’m A Gilmore!”
RORY MEETS LOGAN'S FAMILY - After Rory (Alexis Bledel) tells Logan (Matt Czuchry) that she can't have a casual relationship with him and they should go back to being just friends, she is amazed when Logan insists he is ready to commit to her. However, when he brings her home to meet his powerful and intimidating family, Rory is shocked by his parents' negative reaction to the relationship. The following day, Logan's father (guest star Gregg Henry) apologizes to Rory and offers her an internship at one of his newspapers. Meanwhile, when Sookie (Melissa McCarthy) is put on bed rest by her doctor, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) calls Luke (Scott Patterson) to fill in as the substitute chef at the Dragonfly Inn. Yanic Truesdale, Liza Weil, and Sean Gunn also star. The episode was written by Amy Sherman-Palladino and directed by Michael Zinberg

Rory forces Logan to make a decision about their relationship; Lorelai needs to find a substitute cook when a pregnant Sookie is ordered to stay in bed; and Paris uses her nanny (Soledad St. Clair) to care for a sick Doyle.

This is the first episode for the appearance of Gregg Henry as Mitchum Huntzberger.

From Spoilerfix.com:
Episode 5.19: But I'm a Gilmore
Airdate: April 2005

03/05 - Logan accepts that he and Rory be exclusive but will the ladies' man be able to keep his promise? Doyle has a fever and Paris tries to help him out. Sookie's doctor puts her on bed rest making Luke have to help Lorelai at the inn. Logan's sister, Honor, drops by his dorm. She wants him to come home for dinner tomorrow as she'll make an announcement to their family and she needs her brother's support. Rory accompanies him to the family dinner. In attendance are Honor, Logan's mother, the grandfather and Honor's boyfriend. Mitchum, Logan's father, is stuck at work. There is much tension at the dinner.

Casting Notices:

Grandpa Huntzberger - Guest Star / MALE / 70 TO 79
70's He is a strong willed, grouchy, mean and VERY WEALTHY man. He ran a newspaper for years before he handed it over to his son Mitchum Huntzberger (Gregg Henry), who will eventually hand it over to his son Logan (Matt Czuchry).

JOSH - Co-Star / MALE / 28 TO 28 / Caucasian,*Cute, nebbishy Jew marrying into a very wealthy, very white, screwed up family.

Episode 5.20 - How Many Kropogs to Cape Cod?
Air date: 3 May 2005

Writer(s): Bill Prady & Rebecca Rand Kirshner
Directors: Jamie Babbit

From The WB

Wanting to make a good impression on Logan's (Matt Czuchry) powerful father, Mitchum Huntzberger (guest star Gregg Henry), Rory (Alexis Bledel) learns everything she can about him before starting work as an intern at one of his newspapers. When Lorelai (Lauren Graham) learns that Emily (Kelly Bishop) and Richard (Edward Herrmann) have invited Logan to Friday night dinner, she ends her boycott of family gatherings in order to get to know Logan better. During the evening, Emily and Richard fawn over Logan, but Lorelai sees a side of him that causes her to worry about Rory's involvement with the Huntzberger family. Meanwhile, Lorelai gets an interesting job offer, and Luke (Scott Patterson) tries to talk Taylor (Michael Winters) into closing the Stars Hollow museum.
Melissa McCarthy and Liza Weil also star. The episode was written by Bill Prady & Rebecca Rand Kirshner and directed by Jamie Babbit.

From A Friend: A Kropog is not a person.

Episode 5.21 - Blame Booze and Melville
Air Date 10 May 2005

Writer(s): Unknown
Director: Jamie Babbit

* Casting Notices:

RUSSIAN BALLERINA - Co-Star / FEMALE / 16 TO 16 / Caucasian
Required Skills - Dialects: Russian
RUSSIAN BALLERINA MUST SPEAK WITH A RUSSIAN DIALECT, NO DANCING IS INVOLVED. PLEASE SUBMIT ACTORS WHO ARE STRONG WITH DIALECTS AND WILL DO A CO-STAR.

MALE NURSE - MALE / 27 TO 39 / African American
Late 20s-late 30s, works in the maternity ward.

TOWN ELDERS - Co-Star / MALE / 59 TO 70 / Caucasian
- The scene takes place in a steam room with Luke (Scott Patterson) and Taylor (Michael Winters) and they, along with the town elders, discuss the pros and cons of Luke buying an old house for himself in Stars Hollow.

SAM - Co-Star / MALE / 56 TO 59 / Caucasian
AUTHORATATIVE, HARD HITTING NEWSPAPER MAN

LLOYD - Co-Star / MALE / 34 TO 39 / Caucasian
ACCOUNTANT FOR A NEWSPAPER FIRM

MAN - Co-Star / MALE / 30 TO 34 / Caucasian
NEWSPAPER WORKER WHO THANKS RORY BY SAYING "THANKS BEAUTIFUL."

MIKHAIL - Guest Star / MALE / 24 TO 36 / Caucasian
Required Skills - Dance: Ballet; Dialects: Russian
A TRAINED BALLET DANCER FROM RUSSIA, mid 20s-mid 30s, SUBMIT TRAINED BALLET DANCERS WHO CAN DO A RUSSIAN DIALECT. Emily (Kelly Bishop) sponsors a Russian ballet dancer to raise money for a local ballet company.

Episode 5.22 - A House is not a Home - The Season Finale
Air date: 17 May 2005

Writer(s): Unknown
Directors: Amy Sherman-Palladino

General Spoilers/Articles

On Rory's Crisis -
  • Rory's "identity crisis" is a reaction to something specific that happened at her internship.
  • There is a scene that has to do with the intership & Rory that throws her off and it makes sense for her to do something crazy.

Confirmed Season 5 Finale - 17 May 05

TV Guide - Amy Sherman Paladino Interview - Insider

Originally posted by gossipcom - TV Guide ASP Interview - Long Term Spoilers

From TV Guide's Ask Ausiello:

For 12 April 2005

Question: In last week's AA, you stated Dean won't appear again this season on Gilmore Girls. However, the sneak peek at the 4/19 episode showed Dean and Luke interacting. Ha! — Bryan

Ausiello: Thanks for a) pointing out my mistake (which was quickly fixed Wednesday morning) and then b) rubbing my nose in it with the "Ha!" You're a peach, Bryan. Anyway, in my defense, a publicist for the show repeatedly denied that Dean was returning this season — even after other outlets were reporting that he was. And instead of vetting it with my own sources, I pulled a Dan Rather and let the denial stand. Long story short: I relied on incorrect information and got burned. The good news, however, is that said publicist felt so bad about the screwup that she gave me this juicy GG season-finale tease to share exclusively with AA readers: "For the first time in their lives, a wall is created between Lorelai and Rory when Rory ignores her mother's wishes and turns to Richard and Emily for advice."

6 Apr 2005 - Dean answer Version 2 - Dean answer Version 3

From 30 March 2005

Question: When exactly does your Gilmore Girls cover(s) story go on sale? — Tami

Ausiello: Nonsubscribers can purchase the issue on newsstands beginning April 7. Please tell me you're gonna go out and buy both covers, Tami. And you're gonna urge your friends to do the same, right? Because there's a lot riding on this issue selling well, OK? I'm glad we had this chat.

Question: Do you think Rory's "crisis" is overrated and it's not that big a deal, like some people (including myself) are making it out to be? — Jessy

Ausiello: Well, it certainly won't seem overrated to Rory. But I do think fans were quick to play the "cliché TV twist" card (Rory's pregnant! Dean gets hit by a dump truck! Paris gets abducted by aliens!) when I first hinted at the forthcoming crisis. I mean, this is Gilmore Girls, people, not One Tree Hill!

Question: Yo, Ausiello, how good of a show is Scrubs? Besides it being the, you know, best comedy on television and all. Here's my question: I heard Sarah Chalke has a movie coming out. What have you heard? — Eugene

Ausiello: I assume you're referring to Cake. Haven't heard much, except that it's about a travel writer (played Chalke's ex-Scrubs costar, Heather Graham) whose outlook on love changes after she takes over her dad's wedding magazine. And, in addition to Chalke and Graham, it also stars such tube MVPs as David Sutcliffe, Cheryl Hines and Taye Diggs. Speaking of Chalke, she's coming to New York next month to join the cast of the godawful Off-Broadway play Modern Orthodox. Note to Sarah: Fire your agents.

Question: With so many to choose from, how did you decide which Smurf to bring to the set of Gilmore Girls? — Steven

Ausiello: They drew straws and Bashful won. (That was him on the phone earlier.)

Question: Can you please give us a tiny clue as to whether Lorelai is gonna get pregnant or not? — Caty

Ausiello: All will be revealed May 10. New episodes, by the way, begin airing April 19.

Question: God, are you one catty SOB. — Tom

Ausiello: That's Mr. God to you.

From 23 March 2005

Question: Is Rory's big crisis on Gilmore Girls (Ask Ausiello 3/2) about Logan's family and how they don't approve of her? Because if it is, a ton of people already know that.

Ausiello: Well, tell the ton of people that already know that that no, it isn't. It involves papa Huntzberger, and a certain internship Rory will take at his paper. (For those keeping track, that was the second of three GG questions.)

All of Mike Ausiello's Gilmore Girls comments from March 23rd can be found here.

From 16 March 2005

Question: So... how did your trip to Stars Hollow (aka Gilmore Girls) go!?!?!?!?!

Ausiello: I was wondering when someone was going to get around to asking me about that. As you can tell by the photo to your right, they all loved me. They really, really tolerated, er, loved me. There's so much I have to tell you guys that I honestly don't know where to begin, so let's start with my much-hyped cameo as Dragonfly Inn Guest No. 6. Turns out, my character's name changed to Dragonfly Inn Guest No. 1 when producers discovered that, well, I was the only person in the scene with Lauren Graham and Scott Patterson! I'm standing by the bookcase in the back of the main living room flipping through Great Men of Literature by Will Durant when Luke throws one of his trademark tantrums in front of Lorelai. Startled by all the commotion, I take my book and make a hasty exit. The cameras had barely stopped rolling when the raves started pouring in. "I felt like you really needed the book," observed Graham. "You were nothing without the book." Added series creator Amy Sherman-Palladino: "I just couldn't take my eyes off of you. I don't understand why you're wasting your time at TV Guide." Director Michael Zinberg, meanwhile, assured me that unlike that big Felicity catastrophe circa 2002, all of my body parts (well, almost all) will be on display when the episode airs April 26. "The only way you'll get dropped from the episode," he said, "is if they cut the scene all together." And unless they want to jeopardize the upcoming Gilmore Girls cover story (!!!!) I'm working on for TV Guide magazine, I'm fairly certain that my scene will not be cut.

Question: So, if Melanie Griffith is out of Gilmore Girls (Ask Ausiello 3/9), who's the actress they're talking to now? Surely you found something out while on set.

Ausiello: Actually, I jumped the gun when I said Ms. Griffith had turned down the gig. According to Amy Sherman-Palladino, if the scheduling can be worked out, Antonio's paler half — who was recently sidelined with a broken foot — is game to appear on the show either this season or next. "We logistically haven't found the time when she's in town, out of a cast, and available for an episode," Amy told me. "She's interested and all parties are go. It's a story line we won't do unless we have Melanie Griffith. It's for her." I thought about telling Ms. Sherman-Palladino about all the anti-Melanie sentiment pouring into Ask Ausiello in recent weeks, but I just didn't have the heart. She's a big Melanie fan.

Question: What can you tell me about Rory's big crisis (Ask Ausiello 3/2)?

Ausiello: I have to save the details for the upcoming cover story (!!!!), but let me once again assure everyone that Rory is not going to get pregnant.

Question: Do you think Matt Czuchry (Logan) will be back on Gilmore Girls next year?

Ausiello: Yes. "I don't know what the formal wording of the deal is," Amy says, "but he's on the show for the entire season."

Question: So, will Lorelai and Emily ever speak to each other again before the season ends?

Ausiello: They sure will, although their exchanges will be far from pleasant. Lorelai will even return for a special Friday-night dinner attended by Logan. How do I know this, you ask? Because after I wrapped my guest stint, Amy personally invited me to sit in on a table read for this episode — only the second time she has allowed a journalist this far inside the process. To say the experience ranked among the most exciting 45 minutes of my life is an understatement. I get goose bumps just thinking about it. The biggest laughs were generated by Kelly Bishop (Emily) and Edward Hermann (Richard), who, being the pros that they are, nailed every single one of their line readings as if they had had the script for a month. And they weren't even there in the flesh. Both were teleconferenced in — Kelly from her home in New Jersey and a vacationing Edward from his hotel in Florida. Other interesting tidbits: The episode (No. 20, the one after my cameo) begins with Paris belting out a cover of "I'm Walking on Sunshine," but an embarrassed Liza Weil chose to recite the lyrics instead of sing them in front of her cast mates; Amy's husband, fellow exec producer Dan Palladino, read the role of Logan's father Mitchum in actor Gregg Henry's stead; when Bishop discovered she was missing page 32, Alexis Bledel jumped in and read Emily's lines.

Question: Are Rory and Logan getting married on Gilmore Girls? Is that the crisis?

Ausiello: Nope.

Question: Does the crisis with Rory have anything to do with her affair with Dean at the beginning of the season?

Ausiello: Nope.

All of Mike Ausiello's Gilmore Girls comments from March 16th can be found here.

Previous Ask Ausiello Spoliers

Question: How long will Matt Czuchry (Logan) be on Gilmore Girls?
Ausiello: If Ms. Sherman-Palladino is smart, forever. This guy's a keeper.

Question: My heart is broken after watching last week's Gilmore Girls. Please, Michael, tell me everything is going to be OK between Luke and Lorelai.
Ausiello: Spoiler alert! Everything's gonna be OK, Shawna — at least through April. After that, all bets are off.

Question: Is Christopher (David Sutcliffe) gonna return to Gilmore Girls this season? — Meg
Ausiello: He'll be back in May when Rory finds herself in the throes of a huge crisis.

Question: Regarding our favorite Girls, could you elaborate just a wee bit on that upcoming "crisis" of Rory's (Ask Ausiello 3/2)? Please tell me our increasingly naughty good girl ain't gonna get prego! — Matt
Ausiello: I can confirm for you that she ain't gonna get prego — with Logan's baby or a can of tomato sauce.

Question: What's the latest on Melanie Griffith joining Gilmore Girls? — Pam
Ausiello: The deal fell through. Melanie apparently had a "scheduling conflict," which is Hollywoodspeak for "too much Botox." An offer has apparently gone out to another actress.

Character Spoilers

From sdummer: The waiting is killing me. Any good Gilmore gossip? You love alliteration, don't you?
Kristin: I feel ya. Christopher will be back before the end of the season, and it looks like Logan is in it for the looong haul.

Carole King has a Guest Appearance in Episode 5.18 - Pictures here.

Leann Hunley has been cast as Logan's Mom, Shira.

Gregg Henry has been cast in the role of Mitchum Huntzbgerger.

Christopher will be in 7 episodes this season. As of 5.13, he has appeared in 5, 2 remaining.

Dean will be in 10 episodes this season. As of 5.13, he has appeared in 7, 3 remaining.

Alex Borstein is returning for season 5. She was Miss Celine in Episode 5.12.

From Fraz:
Okay a friend of mine has the same reps as the guy that plays Chris and he has already been asked how many episodes can he be available for season 6....ugh

Episode 5.13 - Wedding Bell Blues Summary Archive - The 100th Episode
Airdate - 8 Feb 2005

Genevieve - Fraz - Ms Chicklet - Wedding Bell Blues Summaries Archive

Spoilers may change at any time without any notice. Spoilers are posted here as they are given, we will not alter, change or reword any of my spoiler sources. So, if there is a spelling error, so be it! Any 'spoiler' not verified by one of my sources will be considered a rumor until there is verification that it is true. Do not post whole or excerpts of scripts.. summarize them. Please do not ask where we get the spoilers or how our sources know these spoilers.
Credits: Jet, Kitty, Genevieve and A.B. Normal of Fan Forum, Fraz of Fanbolt, Heidi of Gilmoregirls.org, Zap2it.com, Eonline.com, Showfax.com, Aint-it-cool-news.com, Spoilerfix.com, and Filmjerk.com.
Have a spoiler, rumor, questions or comments.. post it! Please tell us where the said spoiler/rumor has come from (e.t. from the WB tour, online, another board). If you wish to be named, or feel like you haven't been properly credited, PM me as soon as possible.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Photos and Posters
(Click thumbnails to open larger versions of pics)

May sweeps poster from Painted Aura of fanbolt

Courtesy of The WB, Fraz, Jet1945 and -Genevieve-

Episode 5.18 - To Live and Let Diorama

Pictures of the Twickham House in Episode 5.18

Pictures of Ausiello on the set of Episode 5.19

Episode 5.19 - But I'm a Gilmore

Ausiello's Cover Story (!!!) in TV Guide.

Other episode promo pics, cast photos and posters from Season 5 can be found in Genevieve's album. Thanks to Fraz, Nerble and the WB for the original pics.

PROMOS

Promos on the WB sites:
Low quality- ONE TWO
High Quality - ONE TWO
One with new scenes.
And another new composite promo of GG/OTH

Caps of the New Promo - from Audirox - From gossipcom

From Jet1945: Gilmore Girls Composite Video Promo

Gilmore Girls/OTH Composite Video Promo

The links below are for Gilmore Girls/OTH Composite Promo aired on 15 April 05 During Fran.

Promo Title: Fran Says The Hiatus has Ended - By A Nose

The Promo looks like it is made from Scenes from Episodes 5.18 - To Live and Let Diorama, Episode 5.19 - But I'm a Gilmore and 5.20 - How Many Kropogs to Cape Cod?

The Promo is the Full-Screen version of the most recent GG Promo. No cropping or proportional enlargement was done.

It is a 30 sec clip.

Have Fun!

Computer Geek Stuff:

PC Users - Right Click to save on your machine
Mac Users - CTL Click to get context menu to save on your machine.

Two file formats: Quicktime mpg (MPEG1) Format (5.0 mB) and DivX AVI (7.7 mB). Quality is good enought to double in size for playback.

Gilmore Girls Promo for 15 April 05 - mpg Format - 5.0 mB

Gilmore Girls Promo for 15 April 05 - DivX AVI Format - 7.7 mB

Gilmore Girls Video Promo

The links below are for Gilmore Girls Promo aired on 12 April 05 at the conclusion of Wedding Bell Blues..

Promo Title: The Hiatus has Ended - Finally

The Promo looks like it is made from Scenes from Episodes 5.18 - To Live and Let Diorama, Episode 5.19 - But I'm a Gilmore and 5.20 - How Many Kropogs to Cape Cod?

It is a 20 sec clip.

The clip has been cropped to eliminate the credits at the bottom and proportionately enlarged to eliminate distortion. Consequently it is available only in DivX AVI format. I will have an mpg version as soon as a full-screen airs.

Have Fun!

Computer Geek Stuff:

PC Users - Right Click to save on your machine
Mac Users - CTL Click to get context menu to save on your machine.

One file format: DivX AVI (5.3 mB). Quality is good enought to double in size for playback.

Gilmore Girls Promo for 12 April 05 - DivX AVI Format - 5.3 mB

Technical Note: The DivX Format clip has significant improvement in quality at 720 x 480 in size. Anyone wishing to know how to add a DivX codec and DivX Player, go to www.divx.com. The software is free and far superior to wmv or mpg files. Applies to Windows and Mac machines.

EPISODE CLIPS

Prior Episode Video Clips

From Jet - 5.16 - So...Good Talk - Video Clips

From Jet - 5.15 - Jews and Chinese Food Video Clips

From Jet - 5.14 - Say Something - Video Clips

From Jojo - 5.14 - Say Something Clips

From Jet - 5.13 - Wedding Bell Blues - Video Clips

OTHER CLIPS

From SnowWalk and Genevieve - Behind the Scenes of the 100th episode

Future Thread Titles

From Queen Mots - We're all warm to Luke and Lorelai, but very cold to the Mophead

Last edited by Jet1945; 04-18-2005 at 10:33 PM
Old 04-18-2005, 10:21 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Jim.

Good night everyone!
Old 04-18-2005, 10:23 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Jim.

Too bad no one else caught on to the humor..it would have been a great thread title.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey Jim! Thanks for the new thread! I am so happy tou used this title! Hee Hee!

Logan -I guess we found each other
Rory - I guess we did

Hey guys read my fic Flashbacks by MingHing
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2390116/1
Master Fan

I finally fully got your title, Mots. I'm just slow. It was good. We can always use it for the next thread.
Extreme Fan

Agreed Mots... too bad.

Thanks for the new thread.
"It does seem a shame that some of the most wonderful things this nation was built on – free speech, a questioning of authority, and non conformity have somehow been twisted into being labeled ‘Un-American’." - John Oliver
Old 04-18-2005, 10:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Genevieve-
I finally fully got your title, Mots. I'm just slow. It was good. We can always use it for the next thread.
Eh..Nah. Too late now. The moment has passed.

And with that I say night all.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:42 PM
Supreme Fan

Yay new thread! I love the title
Oh, I might as well introduce myself...hehe....I'm Abby, been lurking for about a month, Kind of hard to post with a 2 year old though. Now that we are getting down to the wire here, I had to jump in
Old 04-18-2005, 10:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

I believe that if Lorelai is blindsided when she shows up for the FND it is because she will believe that she and Rory have settled whatever is involved in her crisis. I believe that Rory will be so desperate and upset about what's going on that she will accept whatever Richard and Emily set up even if it involves her father. Now Lorelai would probably be just as upset to see Chris at the dinner as she will be to see Rory go to her parents for advice after she advised her not to. Why? Emily and Richard have a tendency to go over board and take over and even expect unrealistic things in return. Remember when Lorelai went on that bad date with the guy she meet at her mother's auction and because Emily wasn't going to be able to pour the tea she wanted Lorelai to go on the second date even though she had a terrilbe time and she told her mother that, still Emily didn't care it was all about her social standing over her own daughter. Lorelai knows this about her mother in particular and she probably advises her not to go to them for this exact reason.
I think Rory will probably be like, "mom don't be mad but Grandma and Grandpa can help me". Lorelai is already feeling the seperation and change in her relationship with Rory and she will def. not like her parents involvement in the situation and Richard and Emily will most likely become condescending and accuse her of not wanting what's best for Rory and her inability to allow them to help Rory or do anything that causes Rory to share their world. I think the wall will come from Lorelai having had enough and walking out of the dinner. I think Lorelai and Rory will be on speaking terms but their already fragile relationship will become even more fragile. Kind of like they were in AMNM at the end, with them both not really knowing or being able to just talk like they used to do.

Old 04-18-2005, 11:18 PM
New Fan

hey I got some new spoilers,

04/18 - Luke and Lorelai will not marry this season. Luke is going to be exhibiting some very unLuke-like behavior in the next few weeks, planning for his future with Lorelai as if his biological clock is about to explode! Don't count on Lorelai being eager to follow his lead. It's more likely he's going to freak her out and she's going to pull away. Source: Kristin on E!Online
04/18 - The first sign of trouble comes when Luke starts planning for their future (i.e. house-hunting) without consulting his better half. "He's had this fantasy of what their lives should be," Sherman-Palladino says. "He just left out one little piece, and that's sitting down and talking to Lorelai. This is going to be a big issue." And don't count out Christopher, who will always have the potential to "ride in and f---- everything up." Like, say, next month. But this time, Rory's pop may reappear to console his daughter, who finds herself in the throes of a major meltdown. Source: TV Guide (printed version) (Thanks Waletti for the tip.)
( www.spoilerfix.com)

love, Laura

Laura
Old 04-18-2005, 11:45 PM
Master Fan

I would take the one from Kristin as a grain of salt *g* since she rips of her info from other people

I'd love someone to start a false rumour and to see if she picks up on it.

Thanks Jim for starting the new thread and Mots for the thread title.

Twitter: nlm78
Old 04-19-2005, 12:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

Ok - something that I was thinking about tonight at the gym after I got Luke'd and was told to get off my cell phone - I talked about this with a friend too as we tried to figure out what type of twist we could see for Lorelai.

I thought of another parallel between the finale for this year and for last. I could see something *big* happening for L/L right before she is about to head to FND so she doesn't have time to call Rory. I'm not sure how the L/R relationship will be at this point but I imagine they will still be speaking. She gets to FND and is excited about her news and wants to tell Rory alone before she tells her parents - since they won't be happy for her, naturally, and she doesn't want to spoil the moment.

But, as soon as she walks in, she's blindsided by everything else that R/R/E are about to talk to her about so she never gets the time to say anything or enjoy her moment.

Parallel that with the end of R&R. Something big happening with L/L and Lorelai is excited/shocked. But she never gets to enjoy her moment and never got to tell Rory since when she got home she stumbled across Rory with Dean.

A great ending would be Lorelai taking Rory outside or into another room to talk to her alone with Rory storming out at the end, leaving Lorelai upset and as she hangs her head down and sighs, her eye could catch a certain ring on a certain finger.

Just my wishful thinking but I thought I'd share.

Julie
Old 04-19-2005, 12:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&L 4evah
hey I got some new spoilers,

04/18 - Luke and Lorelai will not marry this season. Luke is going to be exhibiting some very unLuke-like behavior in the next few weeks, planning for his future with Lorelai as if his biological clock is about to explode!
I dunno if I can trust a Kristin spoiler, she tends to fantasize a little, but Luke being impulsive is not an unLuke-like behavior. Do you remember when on second season he impulsively buys the building next the café? Or his wedding with Nicole, it was nothing but impulsive. So I don't think to planning his future with Lorelai is so not Luke, but is a bit stupid not to talk with her first
Old 04-19-2005, 01:11 AM
New Fan

Julie: I like your idea about the final scene, although I personally do not see L&L getting engaged yet. It would be a major leap in their relationship, which has been developed at a (realistically) slow pace the entire season. But on the other hand, I would love to see Lauren Graham act out the emotion you described for the final image of the episode; she is always amazingly right on the mark when it comes to those kind of expressions.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread