Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret life (View Post)
Um, he might stalk her though. Or give her a weird, stupid lie about knowing certain friends from his past? Or hit on or hold a torch for other girls while she was his girlfriend?
He's so dreamy.
without alcohol.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret life (View Post)
Um, he might stalk her though. Or give her a weird, stupid lie about knowing certain friends from his past? Or hit on or hold a torch for other girls while she was his girlfriend?
You could see it that way but I personally don't think that those are Marty's intensions at all I just think that he is still in love with her he never stopped having feelings for her since they were freshman and you can't just forget that I'm not saying Logan is a bad guy but I just don't like the idea of he and Rory ending up together in the end and since this is more then likely the last season I want her to be with someone like Marty I've been a Marty fan since before Logan ever even came into the picture. And I've been watching this show since day one so it's a little frustrating for me to see her with a guy like Logan I just think it's very uncharacteristic if you look at Rory's track record with guys. Yeah you can date him but don't settle that's all I'm saying and it seems that that is the direction they are heading with she and Logan. (Yeah I know I've way too much time to think about this LOL!)
"Because Felicity has allowed him to get in touch with pieces of his personality and his character that he thought were long gone. And even better, new pieces he never knew were there. So she makes him a better person, and thus he loves her."-Stephen Amell on why Oliver loves Felicity
Olicity
-Maria (icon by me)
Old 12-10-2006, 10:54 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunksWorldWide (View Post)
You could see it that way but I personally don't think that those are Marty's intensions at all I just think that he is still in love with her he never stopped having feelings for her since they were freshman and you can't just forget that
Well, he HAS to forget, if the young woman doesn't return his feelings. Shouldn't that be a lesson all Rory's past boyfriends should have learned by now? Oh ... that's right. Marty wasn't even Rory's boyfriend. She never wanted him in the whole one (plus) year she was hanging with him before Logan showed up. In fact, she ran to Dean rather than have a relationship with Marty.

Quote:
I'm not saying Logan is a bad guy but I just don't like the idea of he and Rory ending up together in the end
Why? If he's not a bad guy and, in fact, has been a pretty good boyfriend. I just don't get the "just because" argument that I keep getting. You HAVE to justify it.

Just because, just because, just because. It's just the way I feel... She can't be with someone like Logan. She has to be with somebody like Marty or like Jess. Just because. It's just the way I feel... (But it's really because he's rich and we really, really hate rich people because we're all actually Marxist-Leninists.)

Quote:
and since this is more then likely the last season I want her to be with someone like Marty I've been a Marty fan since before Logan ever even came into the picture.
Who is "someone like Marty"? What, not rich? Not confident? Not charming?

A no confident, wishy-washy, potential stalker is more preferable?

Quote:
And I've been watching this show since day one so it's a little frustrating for me to see her with a guy like Logan I just think it's very uncharacteristic if you look at Rory's track record with guys.
Yeah, I think it's uncharacteristic too, that she would actually stumble upon a winner. Not a jerk who would pursue his ex-girlfriend, while married, and cheat on his wife; not a rebel without a clue who kept running away; not a wishy-washy, no confident, potential stalker who is making eyes at her while his girlfriend is sitting right next to him.

Quote:
Yeah you can date him but don't settle that's all I'm saying and it seems that that is the direction they are heading with she and Logan. (Yeah I know I've way too much time to think about this LOL!)
Settle? That's funny.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:19 PM
New Fan

i think the point it that rory end up with uncharacteristic from the other guys. in the begining she was faced with the homely, down to earth guy versus the rich cofident one ( dean and tristen) and now she is faced with the same decition and her decition reflects that she has changed. it also reflects that she is not lorelie because logan is much like chris ( of of course this is assuming lorelie ends up with luke)
Old 12-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

UGh I am so sick of people saying Rory of S1 would never date a guy like Logan. First of all Logan is more then just rich boy, he is smart, caring and honest and more then I can say for Rory other boyfriend. Second of all if you want to use the same arguement didn't Lorelai in the episode season 2 "Run away Little boy" did not want to be with this guy because he liked camping. In Season 5 and season 6 she dated Luke Grizzly Adams for god sakes I don't see anyone using that arguement
Old 12-11-2006, 01:24 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
UGh I am so sick of people saying Rory of S1 would never date a guy like Logan. First of all Logan is more then just rich boy, he is smart, caring and honest and more then I can say for Rory other boyfriend. Second of all if you want to use the same arguement didn't Lorelai in the episode season 2 "Run away Little boy" did not want to be with this guy because he liked camping. In Season 5 and season 6 she dated Luke Grizzly Adams for god sakes I don't see anyone using that arguement
The guy you are talking about was that young man from her business class. She went out on date with him but they had nothing in comon plus he was way to young for Lorelai.
The camping/fishing guy was in season 3 - Alex and she did go fishing with him. Luke even taught her how to fish. He mysteriously disappeared after she kissed Max again.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
So does Lorelai have to put aside her personal feelings to make it BIG in business, that is not Lorelai, she also turned down Richards offer to sell the DFI, who was holding Lorelai back then?

At the moment I thought that she was happy with Luke and to not travel but she was still regretting to give up such a big opportunity.
It's not only about Luke, it's about her own story, and maybe this aspect for me it's the only positive thing that has been explored during this absurd marriage with Christopher.

She has experienced going to Paris, having someone that steps up and make everything easy because of his money(the bridge for example)but also because Christopher likes thw life that her parents was offering her, someone that would like to buy a big fancy house, could have a fancy party for the wedding, but is she happy?

Has long has she didn't tried this kind of life she would have had always the doubt that what she gave up when she was 16 maybe wasn't so bad, maybe she would have like to have a different life:
big city, party,travelling , at the moment she has all the opportunities, also the one to leave Stars Hollow and start fresh but she just doesn't want to take them .

It wasn't Luke that was threatening Lorelai back, it was her that didn't want to change her life at all, but there was that "maybe" , due to thwe fact that she had never expereicned that kind of life, now she has that chance, she could and in someway she has experienced it but she isn't happy at all, and this will only make things more celar about the choice she made when she was young and she decided that the life her parents were going to offer her wasn't what she would have wanted.

I'm so curious about her and Rory convo about Luke, after they leave tha shop.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:45 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I'm so curious about her and Rory convo about Luke, after they leave tha shop.
I think it's time for the girls to do a list again
Old 12-11-2006, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappuccino (View Post)
The guy you are talking about was that young man from her business class. She went out on date with him but they had nothing in comon plus he was way to young for Lorelai.
The camping/fishing guy was in season 3 - Alex and she did go fishing with him. Luke even taught her how to fish. He mysteriously disappeared after she kissed Max again.
Didn't she see the potential for some fun, young fit guy, older woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louise 333
At the moment I thought that she was happy with Luke and to not travel but she was still regretting to give up such a big opportunity.
I didn't see any regret, Lorelai did ask Luke to marry her.

Also she doesn't want a big house or that fancy wedding, no matter what wedding Lorelai had planned with Luke it would still not have been as fancy as the one Emily has planned.

Quote:
It wasn't Luke that was threatening Lorelai back, it was her that didn't want to change her life at all, but there was that "maybe" , due to the fact that she had never experienced that kind of life, now she has that chance, she could and in someway she has experienced it but she isn't happy at all, and this will only make things more clear about the choice she made when she was young and she decided that the life her parents were going to offer her wasn't what she would have wanted.
I agree, and yes she chose Luke, then it was her own inability to communicate her feelings with him that lead to their "Partings"

Quote:
I'm so curious about her and Rory convo about Luke, after they leave the shop.
Me too.

Last edited by lancer1993; 12-11-2006 at 01:58 AM
Old 12-11-2006, 02:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandlynn (View Post)
For cryin' out loud, they went to Martha's Vineyard, not Timbuktu!
Nope, not Timbuktu! But I did get the feeling during that ep that before Lorelai spoke up to him about trying to have a good time and all and talking about how she needed to hear once in a while that he loved her etc, how Luke was behaving was to show how much he was busy in his mind with April. He really wasn't into this trip, because he was not so much aware that he was in a relationship with Lorelai, but was more busy in his mind with the whole April situation. Logan was the first to hit him on the head with the remark he should have gotten his girl a present and well later Lorelai spoke up. From that moment on he sort of was aware of also being in a relationship or so it felt to me and again enjoying himself and Lorelai, until they arrived back in SH and his mind wandered again to April and well Luke was not so much there again ...

So I am thinking the way Luke responded during AVV was more about him in his mind not being in this relationship or not so aware of it, and not so much about him having a problem with travelling ...
Old 12-11-2006, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaab (View Post)
Nope, not Timbuktu! But I did get the feeling during that ep that before Lorelai spoke up to him about trying to have a good time and all and talking about how she needed to hear once in a while that he loved her etc, how Luke was behaving was to show how much he was busy in his mind with April. He really wasn't into this trip, because he was not so much aware that he was in a relationship with Lorelai, but was more busy in his mind with the whole April situation. Logan was the first to hit him on the head with the remark he should have gotten his girl a present and well later Lorelai spoke up. From that moment on he sort of was aware of also being in a relationship or so it felt to me and again enjoying himself and Lorelai, until they arrived back in SH and his mind wandered again to April and well Luke was not so much there again ...

So I am thinking the way Luke responded during AVV was more about him in his mind not being in this relationship or not so aware of it, and not so much about him having a problem with travelling ...
That what I was trying to say, given the time, money and right situation Luke can travel.

Maybe a beach honeymoon or one in a cabin near a lake, with a nice resort close by for them to go to a few days also

Who doesn’t want to see Luke in a robe about to have a couples massage with Lorelai.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:31 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
That what I was trying to say, given the time, money and right situation Luke can travel.

Maybe a beach honeymoon or one in a cabin near a lake, with a nice resort close by for them to go to a few days also

Who doesn’t want to see Luke in a robe about to have a couples massage with Lorelai.
Skip the robe Boxers are plenty Or a nice short towel

If Luke wants to travel, he'll travel. He went on that cruise with Nicole. He ranted about it yes but that's Luke. He went to New York City with Lorelai even though he hates the city and again one of the best Luke rants ever. He wanted to go to Maryland or even Vegas and all his other suggestions in ep1. He's not very fond of it and rants about it but does he does leave Stars Hollow once in a while. Besides he has a diner to run and we saw last time what Ceaser changed when he was in charge.

And the whole AVV - like Blaab said he had April on his mind, was not very fond of Logan and hates Valentine's day. Of course he was grumpy and not in it but once he realized it meant a lot to Lorelai and should be more open to the whole situation he was. I mean the morning scene was one of favorites last season and the last really good one between Luke and Lorelai. Everything was ok and as it should have been throughout the season but NO of course that would have been way too nice for us.

Last edited by Cappuccino; 12-11-2006 at 02:36 AM
Old 12-11-2006, 03:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunksWorldWide (View Post)
Any Marty fans out there cuz personally i'm sick of Logan and Rory I mean I liked Logan at first but now i'm bored with him and besides i've always said if Rory can't end up with Jess I want her to end up with Marty cuz he is so adorable and so in love with Rory and I'm sure he would never cheat on her if they were just taking a little "break" (flashback to last season).Also it's almost certain Milo will never be on the show again since ASP and DP left and with the success of Heros and all. I miss Jess!!!
Right now he's emotionally cheating on his girlfriend. Whis is worse than physically, imo.

And I don't think that it's uncharacteristic for Rory to be with Logan. Actually, the fit together very well, both are intelligent and ambitious, they've a good base of common interests and views, they leave the other one the space he/she needs to develop and breath, there's physical as well as psychical attraction, mutual admiration and love, there's trust, they can fight with each other, they can laugh with each other, they can talk with each other. Just things (listed in no particular order) that a good relationship needs, imo.

And actually I don't see lots of this ^^ in Lorelai's relationships, though more in the one with Chris than in the one with Luke.

Just for the record: I don't like Paris (city)
Old 12-11-2006, 03:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Actually, the fit together very well, both are intelligent and ambitious, they've a good base of common interests and views, they leave the other one the space he/she needs to develop and breath, there's physical as well as psychical attraction, mutual admiration and love, there's trust, they can fight with each other, they can laugh with each other, they can talk with each other. Just things (listed in no particular order) that a good relationship needs, imo.

And actually I don't see lots of this ^^ in Lorelai's relationships, though more in the one with Chris than in the one with Luke.
intelligent and ambitious => We are talking about Chris here right. The one who said himself he's not very smart. The one Lorelai gave the name dopey for a reason. The one even Emily said was not the brightest. Ambitious in spending his money and telling people he has lots of it - yes I agree to that one.

they've a good base of common interests and views => After ep10 I would put a big NO behind that and even before ep10 there was a big NO to that one because they had different goals in life. They were always on two different pages - two different books acutally.

they leave the other one the space he/she needs to develop and breathe => He left her space to breathe and develope because he disappeared to the other side of the country. When he came back all he wanted was his way or the highway literally back to California or Hartford. Were does he let her beathe now ? He rushed her into marrying him and now he wants to force a house, kids and the wedding party on her. If she says no he cries like a baby and is pissed.

Physical attraction - I can agree to that one because that's the only thing they have down if you put the 2 minutes aside for a minute

Love, trust => well consindering her words in ep4 I don't trust you. I don't trust us and now she is not open for kids or even A kid with him I kind of doubt she loves or trusts him. If she would truely and deeply do it, she would have said Kids would be good

Fight and laugh with each other => that's something LL have down big time. When LC are fighting is just whining from Chris' part because he doesn't get what he wants.

Talking to each other => I don't know what you watched over the years but I saw two people sharing very important and emotional things in life with each other. Have you ever seen Lorelai breaking down infront of someone the way she did around Luke ? 3.01 or 4.14 for example.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:46 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappuccino (View Post)
intelligent and ambitious => We are talking about Chris here right. The one who said himself he's not very smart. The one Lorelai gave the name dopey for a reason. The one even Emily said was not the brightest. Ambitious in spending his money and telling people he has lots of it - yes I agree to that one.

they've a good base of common interests and views => After ep10 I would put a big NO behind that and even before ep10 there was a big NO to that one because they had different goals in life. They were always on two different pages - two different books acutally.

they leave the other one the space he/she needs to develop and breathe => He left her space to breathe and develope because he disappeared to the other side of the country. When he came back all he wanted was his way or the highway literally back to California or Hartford. Were does he let her beathe now ? He rushed her into marrying him and now he wants to force a house, kids and the wedding party on her. If she says no he cries like a baby and is pissed.

Physical attraction - I can agree to that one because that's the only thing they have down if you put the 2 minutes aside for a minute

Love, trust => well consindering her words in ep4 I don't trust you. I don't trust us and now she is not open for kids or even A kid with him I kind of doubt she loves or trusts him. If she would truely and deeply do it, she would have said Kids would be nice

Fight and laugh with each other => that's something LL have down big time. When LC are fighting is just whining from Chris' part because he doesn't get what he wants.

Talking to each other => I don't know what you watched over the years but I saw two people sharing very important and emotional things in life with each other. Have you ever seen Lorelai breaking down infront of someone the way she did around Luke ? 3.01 or 4.14 for example.

Hmmm. I dunno what you're reading, but she's talking about Rory and Logan, dear.

And when Love speaks, the voice of all the Gods makes Heaven drowsy with the Harmony-William Shakespeare
Closed Thread   Post New Thread