Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2007, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaso (View Post)
I think that DR might know. I mean he must be writing the final episodes. I hope we get news soon.
He has to know, if he doesn't, we're be more screwed as far as the ending than we are already. I just wish someone could just finally come out and announce it. 7 eps. I'd really like to know if these 7 eps are the last eps ever of GG, and just have time to deal with that fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjoni
And Katie, I also can feel like you do and get frustrated and desperate, not believing a satisfying, enjoyable LL ending is possible now, after what TPTB, starting with ASP, dragged those two through. So, I do want a season eight. Have I mentioned that lately?
I think we've all mentioned that lately. This just can't be the last season, the last season cannot include CL together for half the season, and Lorelai not entering the diner for the first 18 or so eps. That's not the season I want GG to go out with. And I can't imagine an ending to this season that will make us happy as a series finale. Best case situation would be LL in the diner, and talking, and making up, then making out, all squeezed into the last four eps. I don't want that, I don't think any of us want that to be it as far as the LL story goes.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzded
On another note, the title "Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore", could that be between Lorelai and Rory?
My friend and I were yakking the other day, and decided the teaser for this episode is Lorelai taking off her wedding ring, then looking in the mirror at herself and asking that as she thinks of failed relationships. She's supposed to be on the road to self-discovery, right? Learning to stand on her own two feet and all that.

The only other thing I came up with -- the name of Luke's boat is Lorelai, and there's a tug-of-war over it.

Icon by tv_lindy
Old 02-24-2007, 08:21 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiegg108 (View Post)
I guess I agree with some of you who are starting to get fed up with the show. I mean, it hurts sometimes, so you end up resorting to being bitter about it, when I'm actually just sad about where it is, and especially where LL are and our chances to get anything from them. It doesn't feel right. And DR and Co. CAN make an ep feel right, they've managed a few times (TLM, 7.02, SSS, etc), but i'm getting so frustrated with this. I've been speccing that Lorelai would go back to the diner since ep. 8 spoilers, and nada, and we still aren't any closer to figuring that out a whole 5 months later. Taking LL out of the diner, taking all LL banter away, that's how you take a bit of the heart of the show away, and it's starting to get ridiculous where they think a wave can sustain us and make us feel like LL are making progress. And there's just so many other little things, the way LL manage to talk about eachother without any emotion, or how CL are dismissed as just not being right.
ITA witih you Katie. I think DR made a huge tactical error by dragging the L/C storyline over the hiatus into February sweeps, just as the live voting began on AI. It should have ended in 7.11, give the fans something exciting to look forward to - a "new beginning" - and then pick up in January with Luke and Lorelai making their way towards each other. I think viewers got bored and fed up and furstrated with seeing the microscopic steps being taken by L/L towards what looks like a reunion that won't even occur in this decade.

Keeping Lorelai out of the diner for fifteen episodes so far was a huge mistake. Even before they got together, their friendship and banter was as much a part of the show as Stars Hollow, or Lorelai and Rory's bond.

avi by go clo
Old 02-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiegg108 (View Post)
He has to know, if he doesn't, we're be more screwed as far as the ending than we are already. I just wish someone could just finally come out and announce it. 7 eps. I'd really like to know if these 7 eps are the last eps ever of GG, and just have time to deal with that fact.

I think we've all mentioned that lately. This just can't be the last season, the last season cannot include CL together for half the season, and Lorelai not entering the diner for the first 18 or so eps. That's not the season I want GG to go out with. And I can't imagine an ending to this season that will make us happy as a series finale. Best case situation would be LL in the diner, and talking, and making up, then making out, all squeezed into the last four eps. I don't want that, I don't think any of us want that to be it as far as the LL story goes.
ITA There isn't enough time now... or we're all going to be disappointed. Even if they end up going through with the foiler of LL wedding/baby by the end of this season, I'd still want an 8th season just because any way they end it, it's going to be rushed (or not)
and happiness and fate.

icon by Nikole
Old 02-24-2007, 08:47 AM
Ultimate Fan

Actually, there are a max of four not seven, episodes left, writing wise, five if 7.18 can be tweaked while filming. We have seven yet to watch, but an additional two have already been shot, and the third is filming still, meaning it's also been written.

So, DR better know the status of the show.

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 02-24-2007, 08:50 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't believe any of TPTB have much interest in whether the fans are happy or satisfied with the show at this point or how the show ends - nothing so far has indicated anyone has cared much about this show at all this year - the writing is evidence of that (imo).

Nothing they could do will ever convinced me that after such a short period of time, Luke is not going to consider himself the rebound guy - just as Chris said he pushed, if Luke does anything close to the same, it won't look positive for the guy - even if Lorelai seems to want to jump yet again.

A time jump is the only thing that will work for me if they end this year and decide to have L/L together. However, without a time jump, I can see them having L/L making cautious steps toward a romance but not a full blown relaltionship in such a few short episodes. I mean, obviously, they can do it if they want since they did it with C/L, but if they do, I just don't see it being done well.

Bleah. I'm just so bitter....
Old 02-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjoni (View Post)
Actually, there are a max of four not seven, episodes left, writing wise, five if 7.18 can be tweaked while filming. We have seven yet to watch, but an additional two have already been shot, and the third is filming still, meaning it's also been written.

These facts make me really really nervous. We should find out soon, either yes or no. I'm tired of all the rumors.

ETA clmorrow in GG timeline Lorelai split up with dopey some time at the end of January ,so until the end of the season or 3-4 episodes before that, it will be 3 months after the divorce. I don't consider that jumping.

KB
Old 02-24-2007, 08:58 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm torn on the issue of how it would look if they got together soon. A side of me agree that it might looked rushed, but then on the other side I think that non of them stopped having feelings for the other so them dating again might not seem all that crazy. Meh I don't know.. I guess I still think they talk next week, have time to think and reflect in 717 and by the time 718 comes around they apologize and move on from there.. Who knows!

I want a S8 and I want to know soon if we are getting one or not!
Old 02-24-2007, 09:03 AM
Extreme Fan

I love your avi, anvils

and happiness and fate.

icon by Nikole
Old 02-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjoni (View Post)

Well, I just hope DR knows what he's writing by now. I just consider it 7 eps, because if I find out that these 7 eps are the last of the show ever, I'll just sit back more and try to enjoy the Rory/Lorelai interaction, and Emily/Lorelai stuff, any Luke/April, RL, townies, etc, and just give up on any hope for a good LL ending.

I don't think that LL will get back together until May, which is five months after CL ended, and I don't see that as rushing too much, especially since Lorelai's dead set on this being alone thing, it's not as if she's set on getting back together with Luke or anythin. To me, it'll depend on how LL handle this all. I would like them to take it slow, but ep. 18-22 doesn't seem like it'll really be able to be all that slow. I just want her in the diner, them bantering, opening up more, etc for all the eps leading up until they get back together romantically.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Ultimate Fan

I think Rosie is a real push over. He doesn't stick to his original plan and I bet some people tell him to do it that way or that way and he goes along with it.
I think he had a plan at the beginning of the season how to end it if it's the last season. Now it looks more and more like we'll get another season so he tweaks stuff here and there. I'm not so sure how many people have a say in the storyline but I get the feeling too many are cooking this soup at he moment.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Loyal Fan

I loved L/L together before ASP trashed them, but even though I know I will have to accept Lorelai as ping pong ball by going between Luke, Chris and back to Luke within 12 months, it will always be such a despicable way they treated what I always considered one of the nicest relationships I've seen in a television show - ASP turned it to crap when she put Lorelai in bed with Chris - and, whatever happens now, I'll obviously have to just be oaky with -

I've been watching season 4 reruns and looking forward to the brilliance of the trilogy - loved how ASP had Lorelai not know whether Luke was asking her out, how she had Lorelai bumping into things once she began to think about Luke in that way and, for me, the most brilliant scene was having a Luke rant lead into their first kisses.

I know I won't see anything remotely close to this old stuff but I am thankful for having the old seasons to look forward to - which is why I never bought the DVDs...

Each season takes a bit over a month so the series is repeated (now) twice a year and by the time the episodes come round again, I look forward to seeing them. I don't watch season six and won't ever watch this season again, but man, those first five....yum.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

You all are making me sad with your discussion about how many episodes are left etc. Some days I really think I could do without the 8th season, but when you all put it into perspective like that - 7 episodes left - I realize I'm not quite ready to let go yet. Sigh.

Damselfly - I like that idea about Lorelai saying the title line herself. Would be interesting.

And just another random thought - I would have to think that with the boat in front of the diner and Lane being pushed through town on the bed.. Luke and Lorelai will have to run into each other somehow. I think at this point, seeing the boat would have just as much impact on Lorelai as it would on Luke. With that boat comes quite a bit of emotion. Selling that seems like a really bad idea. It's almost like Luke is selling the two biggest parts of him. The memory of his father and the memory of Lorelai. And that's just too sad. Way too sad.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmorrow (View Post)
I loved L/L together before ASP trashed them, but even though I know I will have to accept Lorelai as ping pong ball by going between Luke, Chris and back to Luke within 12 months, it will always be such a despicable way they treated what I always considered one of the nicest relationships I've seen in a television show - ASP turned it to crap when she put Lorelai in bed with Chris - and, whatever happens now, I'll obviously have to just be oaky with -
I feel the same way. ASP brilliantly wrote one of the most compelling relationships on TV, in my mind, and then not only ruined their relationship, but their friendship, their characters and nearly the entire show, as well. I will never understand.

Quote:
I've been watching season 4 reruns and looking forward to the brilliance of the trilogy - loved how ASP had Lorelai not know whether Luke was asking her out, how she had Lorelai bumping into things once she began to think about Luke in that way and, for me, the most brilliant scene was having a Luke rant lead into their first kisses.
I agree, those were shining moments.

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 02-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mots
And just another random thought - I would have to think that with the boat in front of the diner and Lane being pushed through town on the bed.. Luke and Lorelai will have to run into each other somehow. I think at this point, seeing the boat would have just as much impact on Lorelai as it would on Luke. With that boat comes quite a bit of emotion. Selling that seems like a really bad idea. It's almost like Luke is selling the two biggest parts of him. The memory of his father and the memory of Lorelai. And that's just too sad. Way too sad.
I would expect the same, which is why I can't believe they're not promoting something like that. The idea that Luke would actually go through with selling it also makes me less convinced that he's really accomplished anything on his journey, it may look like he's moving on, but it also kinda looks like he's repressing emotions and emotional attachments again.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread