Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2006, 06:20 PM
Total Fan

OK, just thought I'd share the completely clueless, out-of-the GG-loop, Mr Bootie's perspective - starting with the ABC Family channel LL proposal promo:

"Will you marry me??? Ooh, that's never a good thing"

And tonight, after a bit of filling in, and the S7 "I slept with Christopher" promo.....

"So...she turns into a piece of ****, and sleeps with *him* even though she's still with the other guy? She's worse than her kid. This is turning into a soap opera, just like that other piece of crap, Dr Quinn".

Alrighty then.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Addicted Fan

On a different note....C/L in the preview. Guess the EPB are going to sell the crap out of the New Love. It's going to get deeper than the Oval Office when Bush was selling WMDs.

And I think the whole NAILuke scene next week is going to push Lorelai into Chris' arms and convince the audience that she should be with her Bootie Call cos Luke is such a meanie. But I hope they show Luke really hurting. They need to.

avi by go clo

Last edited by Ciaobella; 09-26-2006 at 06:35 PM
Old 09-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Addicted Fan

i dunno, i think i've finally hit an equilibrium where i can't hate either one of them, they're both clearly in too much pain (and too stupid). her sleeping on a bed with no sheets? i dunno, broke my heart just as much as him really thinking they could elope. (just for clarification, he's already been married before on a boat... by the uh boat driverman... before right? so why did that confuse him so much?)
Old 09-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by withbatedbreath (View Post)
ok, how painful was that for everyone else?
Even worse than expected.

Quote:
...and is them being broken up for a while sounding like a good idea to everyone else right now? cause it may actually make sense now...
No, doesn't make sense to me. Not after that. Just. Too. Sad.

YMMV. I was prepared to get mad. But I didn't. Just my two cents, but I kind of wouldn't argue who's at fault until you see it. Maybe next week, that's coming. Looked like it from the preview. But tonight, your heart breaks. For both.

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

Oh, I know Luke is hurting. And I'm not saying he shouldn't be or that I'm expecting him not to be. Totally understandable he is going through pain and I totally am behind him punching Christopher. Because Christopher was a pig tonight. Seriously.. he calls and says "I had a great time last night. What are you doing tomorrow night? I want to cook us dinner." And that's just wrong. Lorelai came to him in TEARS. He's such a moron. Someone should punch him.

What I don't think is necessary is for Luke to be smack talking Lorelai in the middle of the street. They are both hurting from this situation. And they both did one stupid thing to/with Christopher - Lorelai sleeps with him and Luke punches him. After that, can't they try and deal with things as adults? We don't need the cruel and harsh words. It's not cool. Just not cool.

These two DO need time apart. They are not right for each other. If they can't have real conversations without acting like they are 5, they need to be apart. And I'm so curious to see how they make it through this. It's going to be a long, long road.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Ignore me... Still processing

Last edited by Wheredidtheanvilsgo?; 09-26-2006 at 06:40 PM
Old 09-26-2006, 06:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaobella (View Post)
On a different note....C/L in the preview. Guess the EPB are going to see the crap out of the New Love. It's going to get deeper than the Oval Office when Bush was selling WMDs.
Heh! Totally..

You know.. You know what is gonna happen but it still hurts. I am gonna find it hard not to mute when C/L is on my screen.

And what is with Miss Patty's hair??
Old 09-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Absolute Fan

it was an interesting episode.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Total Fan

Sounds as if Luke gives her a valid reason to believe there's no hope for fixing things - if that helps understand why she decides to give it a try with the Schmeasel. I've decided I hate his guts, and I haven't even seen this ep yet.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
ust my two cents, but I kind of wouldn't argue who's at fault until you see it.
i'm gonna second that. this is totally a visually-dependant issue. you can't just read the lines, seeing it played out is completely different.

..and yeah? Chris' booty call? seriously? he KNOWS she was engaged like 24 hrs before! it's not like he was fighting for her, or she suddently decided she wanted Chris over Luke. shmuck.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Addicted Fan

OK.. loved the wave from Rory to Luke.
Sad when Lorelai was folding flannel shirts
Liked Luke's " Will you people just give me some time to think!!"
Sad about the bed.

Bootie call?? *shudder*

Gotta say.. there is something missing. Not just the L/L thing.. dunno. Just didnt feel right.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootie (View Post)
Sounds as if Luke gives her a valid reason to believe there's no hope for fixing things - if that helps understand why she decides to give it a try with the Schmeasel. I've decided I hate his guts, and I haven't even seen this ep yet.

Absolutely. The writers sure are setting it up for Lorelai to think Luke is totally over her and it's hopeless. I forecast a season of frustrating near moments between L/L. OY.

avi by go clo
Old 09-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mots15 (View Post)
Oh, I know Luke is hurting. And I'm not saying he shouldn't be or that I'm expecting him not to be. Totally understandable he is going through pain and I totally am behind him punching Christopher. Because Christopher was a pig tonight. Seriously.. he calls and says "I had a great time last night. What are you doing tomorrow night? I want to cook us dinner." And that's just wrong. Lorelai came to him in TEARS. He's such a moron. Someone should punch him.

What I don't think is necessary is for Luke to be smack talking Lorelai in the middle of the street. They are both hurting from this situation. And they both did one stupid thing to/with Christopher - Lorelai sleeps with him and Luke punches him. After that, can't they try and deal with things as adults? We don't need the cruel and harsh words. It's not cool. Just not cool.

These two DO need time apart. They are not right for each other. If they can't have real conversations without acting like they are 5, they need to be apart. And I'm so curious to see how they make it through this. It's going to be a long, long road.
Well if they talked then where is the drama?

Old 09-26-2006, 07:06 PM
Extreme Fan

OMG...just finished watching, it was amazing. I get Lorelai, I mean I understood where she was going with the altumatum, but I get her, I see why she is broken hearted. Luke was just trying to smooth things over like everythign Lorelai said went over his head, it was bittersweet if anything. I dont hate either of them, I wanted to cry for Lorelai. The promo, with Luke telling Lorelia off, cruel, very cruel, but it seemed like typical Luke hiding his true feelings.
I loved the eppy, I dont know what people were bitching about, the writing was amazing, it captured Lorelai on how she would react to the situation.
Lauren was amazing, she played hurt so well, I dont know where the critics were saying she was guarded, she played her part perfectly.

thought this song was fitting:

Sometimes Love Just Aint Enough"
Patty Smyth
Now, I don't want to lose you, but I don't want to use you
just to have somebody by my side.
And I don't want to hate you,
I don't want to take you, but I don't want to be the one to cry.

And that don't really matter to anyone anymore.
But like a fool I keep losing my place
and I keep seeing you walk through that door.

Chorus:
But there's a danger in loving somebody too much,
and it's sad when you know it's your heart you can't trust.
There's a reason why people don't stay where they are.
Baby, sometimes, love just aint enough.

Now, I could never change you, I don't want to blame you.
Baby, you don't have to take the fall.
Yes, I may have hurt you, but I did not desert you.
Maybe I just want to have it all.

It makes a sound like thunder, it makes me feel like rain.
And like a fool who will never see the truth,
I keep thinking something's gonna change.

Chorus

And there's no way home, when it's late at night and you're all alone.
Are there things that you wanted to say?
And do you feel me beside you in your bed,
there beside you, where I used to lay?

And there's a danger in loving somebody too much,
and it's sad when you know it's your heart they can't touch.
There's a reason why people don't stay who they are.
Baby, sometimes, love just ain't enough.

Baby, sometimes, love... it just ain't enough.
Oh, Oh, Oh, No.
Gilmore Girls: Guiltiest Pleasure #48
"Boom goes the Dynomite"

Last edited by charmed1NM; 09-26-2006 at 07:15 PM
Old 09-26-2006, 07:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I dont know where the critics were saying she was guarded, she played her part perfectly.
i think she was supposed to be guarded... she spent the whole ep defending herself to her friends/family, who were so sure it was 'just a fight'.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread