Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I was bit annoyed with that spoiler, but you guys make a good point. For one it said "interaction" which is understandable since they had a baby together and it said nothing about feelings thank goodness. If there is any feelings there is will go back to the baby.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 04-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Extreme Fan

First, I feel like I am calling into a call-in show. First time poster in this forum for Fringe, a lurker for a while. I watched all the Fringe eps, up to the new one last week, in the last two weeks. So, kind of flush with overwhelming newness of the show.

But my comment is they can tell me they have humanized Faux-Olivia all they want, just because she has some kid now, but I will never buy it. While over here, she blatantly used those around her for her agenda. she killed the deaf man in cold blood. let the older woman die so the shape-shifter could take her body and did all this under the guise of her mission.

Our Olivia would never use such grey tactics. I will never connect with Faux-Olivia or those over there. I found myself almost skipping those eps entirely when I was catching up.

I am ready for the stories to come back over here and not spend so much time and effort on the over there people. Lets move on.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the video Sofia!

Yeah when it comes to the Alt characters Walternate and Bolivia are ones I have no emotional connection to. Quiet frank I'm not a fan of theirs.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueaeryn (View Post)
First, I feel like I am calling into a call-in show. First time poster in this forum for Fringe, a lurker for a while. I watched all the Fringe eps, up to the new one last week, in the last two weeks. So, kind of flush with overwhelming newness of the show.

But my comment is they can tell me they have humanized Faux-Olivia all they want, just because she has some kid now, but I will never buy it. While over here, she blatantly used those around her for her agenda. she killed the deaf man in cold blood. let the older woman die so the shape-shifter could take her body and did all this under the guise of her mission.

Our Olivia would never use such grey tactics. I will never connect with Faux-Olivia or those over there. I found myself almost skipping those eps entirely when I was catching up.

I am ready for the stories to come back over here and not spend so much time and effort on the over there people. Lets move on.
Hi! Welcome.

I agree with you about AltLivia Just b/c she had Peter's baby doesn't all of sudden make her more human or sympathetic. It doesn't negate everything she did while Over Here. I don't understand why the writers thought this would get the audience to care about her character. Despite my dislike of AltLiv, I do care about the other side and don't want to see them destroyed.

Thanks for the video Sofia. "The beginning of the end" ? Well I guess I better prepare myself for that support group.
Icon: JAFpunk59
Old 04-20-2011, 06:58 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the vid Sofia! Tara, I added it to the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_gazer02 (View Post)
Do we need to remind everyone what we came up with? Maybe you and I should have our own thread -- Fringe: Crazy ideas/Tweet List for Pinker and Wyman by Mary and Amy.
I think so! Sofia, can we? Because yes! We did come up with the hallucinations of Olivia. Remember? Hallucinations of Olivia lead us to a very steamy vision of Peter coming out of the shower. Please tell me you didn't forget!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueaeryn (View Post)

blueaeryn, WELCOME! That's excellent you watched the eps so fast! I bet it's overwhelming. So much awesomeness in a short time.

I can completely relate to your feelings for AltLiv. Although I enjoy the episodes over there especially since the alt universe has been such a major part of this SL really since the beginning, I just can't warm up to her either. I have issues with how she treated Frank too. She might be able to redeem herself some with me depending on how she deals with Lincoln and his declaration of love and how she treats Peter and Olivia with the baby news.

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 04-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsea (View Post)
I think so! Sofia, can we? Because yes! We did come up with the hallucinations of Olivia. Remember? Hallucinations of Olivia lead us to a very steamy vision of Peter coming out of the shower. Please tell me you didn't forget!!
Of course I didn't forget hot, wet, half naked Peter coming out of the shower. I just couldn't remember WHY we thought of that I remember how all that got started now.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Here a link sneak peek for Friday's episode with Peter and Olivia

SpoilerTV Sneak Peak 3

ETA

Walternate and FauxOlivia and Walter and Astrid

SpoilerTV Sneak Peak 1 & 2

Last edited by AussieCat; 04-21-2011 at 04:32 AM
Old 04-21-2011, 04:44 AM
Absolute Fan

Thanks so much for the sneak peeks! I can't wait for Friday!

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 04-21-2011, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the sneak peeks.

Our universe starts suffering when Walternate activates the machine. I wonder if the general public will be aware of what’s going on like the people over there. And I definitely think that Alt-Livia will try to do something to prevent that the other universe is destroyed.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
And I definitely think that Alt-Livia will try to do something to prevent that the other universe is destroyed.
You think so? I don't know if she is really concerned with the other universe being destroyed just that she wants Peter to be safe.

So is she now starting to distrust Walternate?

And if protocol isn't being followed, I bet that's adding to the suspicions that Lincoln and Charlie already have.

~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 04-21-2011, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsea (View Post)
You think so? I don't know if she is really concerned with the other universe being destroyed just that she wants Peter to be safe.

So is she now starting to distrust Walternate?

And if protocol isn't being followed, I bet that's adding to the suspicions that Lincoln and Charlie already have.
I do. I know that you don’t like her, but I don’t see her as evil. I have much more trouble with Walternate and even so I can understand where he’s coming from. The only problem is that he didn’t know where to stop and draw a line and now it looks like all he wants is revenge. Alt-Livia has not travelled that road. She barely knew in what she was involved when she crossed over; even now we see that there are things she’s not aware of. Of course Peter is her main concern because he’s the father of her son and apparently she’s fallen for him, but I don’t think she wants the destruction of the other universe. We’re completely biased because we like the characters of this side, but they too have done more than questionable things that we tend to overlook.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

Me after watching PO Sneak Peek #2 ---> *SQUEE!* *FLAIL!* *FAINT!* *THUD!* *REPEAT!*

That is all.

Thanks for the added PO high.

Quote:
Our universe starts suffering when Walternate activates the machine. I wonder if the general public will be aware of what’s going on like the people over there. And I definitely think that Alt-Livia will try to do something to prevent that the other universe is destroyed.
I think AltLivia is going to try save Peter/Our World too. They certainly are making it look that way. I think this is the writers saying "See she isn't so bad! She wants to save the universes just like Our Olivia." Except, AltLivia just came to this conclusion while Our Olivia has always believed this.

I get the feeling this is the "full circle" the writers mentioned a while back. It's almost a role reversal for the Olivias. Our Olivia went Over There to save Peter from Walternate and he came back with her. Now AltLivia is going to come Over Here and save Peter from the machine, but will he go back to the Redverse?

And I can't believe I typed all that after watching the Sneak Peek. My brain must have learned to adapt after such PO awesomeness.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the links!
Old 04-21-2011, 11:18 AM
New Fan

i'm starting to worry that peter will choose Alt-Livia over our girl hope this dosen't happen just got a funny feeling
Closed Thread   Post New Thread