Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2016, 10:10 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
Flashpoint won't last forever, right? If they are together then something has to happen to prompt Barry to change the timeline. Maybe he has Iris but then loses her. I'd be quite upset if he gives up on Iris once again because of something else. I'm looking forward to the kiss, though
My Speculation:

Maybe in FP, Barry has Iris and his parents and he's happy, but because he's not the Flash, the world ends up going to crap (ie: like in the original FP story).

In the end, Barry has to sacrifice his happiness to be a superhero again, and find a way to get his powers back so he can return to the original timeline, where he'll finally realize that having his parents back is not worth destroying the world.

I would just really appreciate some character development for Barry, and get him one step closer to being a proper hero worthy of the Justice League (or whatever the CW version will be), instead of him changing the timeline again because of some personal loss.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelena&Bamon (View Post)
I'm so excited guys!
Me too!

Thanks for all the new stuff!
Old 07-20-2016, 03:24 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Flashpoint won't last forever, right? If they are together then something has to happen to prompt Barry to change the timeline. Maybe he has Iris but then loses her. I'd be quite upset if he gives up on Iris once again because of something else. I'm looking forward to the kiss, though
Yeah I agree. Maybe she dies in FP and everyone else's lives are completely messed up.

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 07-21-2016, 09:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

So this kiss is real, right?! It's not just Barry dreaming about Iris? I'm annoyed that my mind went there. Anyway, if Barry and Iris are together in Flashpoint I could see something happening to her and that could be the catalyst that gets him to fix everything. I hope we get something good from SDCC.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:01 AM
Loyal Fan

there's a new video out from someone who was watching them film last night, and it was Barry and Joe walking at a crime scene and talking to Tom Felton's character, who was already there and looks like the new CSI.

so....i think this looks like we're back in the present timeline for episode 2 already. i think FP is only the premiere.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletspuffyfan (View Post)
there's a new video out from someone who was watching them film last night, and it was Barry and Joe walking at a crime scene and talking to Tom Felton's character, who was already there and looks like the new CSI.

so....i think this looks like we're back in the present timeline for episode 2 already. i think FP is only the premiere.
I really hope this is the case...FP is a cool storyline, but I dislike the way it was handled in the comics. If they only make it a 1 episode thing, I'll be glad to get back to the normal timeline.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:29 AM
Supreme Fan

Wrapping up the Flashpoint arc after one episode would be extremely anticlimatic. I don't need it to last half a season but what's the point of this storyline if it all goes back to normal after the premiere? They've established something, now I think they need to follow through with it
Old 07-22-2016, 05:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Wrapping up the Flashpoint arc after one episode would be extremely anticlimatic. I don't need it to last half a season but what's the point of this storyline if it all goes back to normal after the premiere? They've established something, now I think they need to follow through with it
I agree. I expect at least 2 or 3 episodes for this storyline. Anything less would be pointless.
Old 07-22-2016, 01:08 PM
Passionate Fan

I agree also. FP needs to be at least 3 eps since they've brought it into play.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 07-22-2016, 02:54 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm happy with flashpoint lasting for one episode, only because more than likely when the original tl is restored it wont have any affect on our characters. It's a waste to spend time on something that's gonna be erased anyways. I'm tired of the alternate timelines and time traveling. The writers spent s2 using that as a crutch and the writing/character development suffered because of it.

Also, the finale had a lot of backlash and negative press. Fans and the media were not happy that Barry erased the timeline. Maybe they initially wanted to do a big flashpoint arc but changed their minds because of that.

Aside from Tom Felton has there been any other casting announcements? I know sdcc is this weekend so we may hear news about new additions, but I'm actually hoping they don't cast anymore regulars, the cast is big enough as is.

Just my 2 cents.

I've always been Iris West-Allen. I've always been yours.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don't remember there being any backlash or negative press about the finale. I know for me I really liked the finale. Yeah Barry most definitely Barry'd things up it left me shocked and wanting for more. Anyway, I don't know how many episodes Flashpoint is going to last. But since it is a really big thing I hope it's done in a way where it's not this pointless storyline. I agree with the others (even the trip to Earth 2 was two episodes). I just don't want some rushed lame episode where later on I'm looking back and thinking 'Why did they even do Flashpoint? There was no point to it.'
Old 07-22-2016, 07:52 PM
Extreme Fan

There were several reviews saying Barrys decision was stupid and how he regressed as a character and yes fans were pissed on social media.

I've always been Iris West-Allen. I've always been yours.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Aside from Tom Felton has there been any other casting announcements? I know sdcc is this weekend so we may hear news about new additions, but I'm actually hoping they don't cast anymore regulars, the cast is big enough as is.
Just my 2 cents.
The big news better be as big as this:

Is AQUAMAN Coming To THE FLASH Season 3 For "Flashpoint"?
Is AQUAMAN Coming To THE FLASH Season 3 For "Flashpoint"?

Quote:
Re: Wally's as KF, I like it but doesn't make me any more excited about this season. Last season was just too big of a flop for me. I'm going to have to see good stuff onscreen before I can believe good things are coming. And nope, Tom Felton doesn't do a thing for me either. I am somewhat interested in what will be revealed at SDCC. Hopefully, something that actually makes me want to tune in.. lol
______
Me too, Im down on the show after how subpar season 2 was, I really got mad at what Barry did in the finale.
However I like Tom casting, Wally being KF, Grant was a cutie on Conan, its a start. SDCC better have a killer trailer and spoilers that shows they will do Justice to Flashpoint arc.

Last edited by Honeycutt; 07-22-2016 at 09:41 PM
Old 07-22-2016, 09:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Double post
Old 07-23-2016, 08:01 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyO (View Post)
There were several reviews saying Barrys decision was stupid and how he regressed as a character and yes fans were pissed on social media.
But we can't go back and erase the finale. What's done is done so at this point they should just try to do the storyline justice. Again, I don't need Flashpoint to last many episodes because you're right, there's no point in spending so much time in an AU that only the main character will remember. I just think wrapping it up after one episode would be bad storytelling and seem like they wanted to end the season on a big cliffhanger but had no idea how to deal with the consequences.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread