Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2003, 07:05 PM
jjt
Master Fan

Fearless: Spoilers & Speculations

banner by ~*Nikki*~

"There are four basic human emotions. Joy, anger, grief and fear. They say, of all those, nothing clouds your reason like fear. I've never had that problem." -Gaia Moore

From the executive producer of CSI and Without a Trace, this ensemble crime drama uncovers the FBI's best kept secret: the Y Unit. Society is breeding a new class of young criminals and it will take an elite division staffed with the finest young agents to infiltrate and apprehend them. The Y Unit requires a special kind of operative to succeed - much less survive. Born with a genetic defect, Gaia, 21, lacks the basic instinct her partners Ryan and Harmony must fight to control: fear. Whether Gaia's handicap is an important asset or a deadly liability for the unit remains to be seen...

Tuesday nights, the witty and articulate GILMORE GIRLS will get a new dramatic partner in the Jerry Bruckheimer drama FEARLESS starring Rachael Leigh Cook. GILMORE GIRLS is the third highest-rated primetime drama on any network among female teens and The WB’s highest-rated program among females 12-34.

Quote:
Originally posted by spazzie:
<STRONG>
</STRONG>
www.fearlessonline.com has some pics from the pilot

Link to pics from the up front afterparty http://www.iansomerhalder.net/ITS_UpFront.htm

character descripts from the above linked sites
Rachael Leigh Cook as Gaia Moore (23)Born without the gene for fear, Gaia's life has been anything but ordinary. Trained in martial arts and self defense from early childhood and fluent in several languages, Gaia's world was shattered when her mother was murdered and her father - a CIA operative - disappeared. Living with her godparents, Frank and Nikki Keller, Gaia has just completed the FBI Academy and is starting with the Special Investigations Unit which focuses on younger criminals. Gaia's first assignment brings Jordan into her life...under less than ideal circumstances.

Ian Somerhalder as Jordan Gracie (21)Jordan Gracie hacked into Venture Capital's main frame and stole five million credit card numbers making him a top priority for the SIU. When they get him, he makes the SIU an offer they can't refuse. He'll provide information on the identity theft ring he's been supplying. What the SIU doesn't know is that Jordan's father is the top man and Jordan Sr. would have no problems at all seeing Jordan dead.

Bianca Lawson as FBI Special Agent Harmony Kay (23)Described by partner Ryan as "L'il Kim goes Condaleeza" Harmony is sure there is something up with their new team member. She's determined to find out what is so special about Gaia Moore and won't trust her until she knows the truth.

Eric Balfour as FBI Special Agent Ryan Brady (23)Son of a famous movie producer, Ryan has the ultimate cover. No one would suspect that this Benz-driving, trust fund baby is an FBI agent.

Judith Hoag as Nikki Keller
Erich Anderson as Frank Keller
Gregory Itzin as Jordan Gray, Sr.
Leo Fitzpatrick as Andrew Peralta a.k.a. "Doe"

Fearless
See a Video Clip
Premise: A crime drama about the FBI's best-kept secret: an elite Special Investigations Unit staffed with young agents used to infiltrate and apprehend society's dangerous new class of young criminals, including Gaia, a 23-year-old born with a genetic defect that makes her fearless.
From What We've Seen: This blend of "Alias" and "21 Jump Street" looks to be the more promising of the network's two dramas -- which is not to say it will get the biggest push. Cook looks comfortable in her action-heroine role, although seeing her deadpan her way through life-or-death scenarios all season long could get tiresome. The ubiquitous Balfour is charged with lightening the mood every now and then, while Lawson (slayer Kendra from "Buffy" ) will need more to work with than "I don't trust her."
Stars: Rachael Leigh Cook ("Josie and the Pussycats," "She's All That" ), Eric Balfour ("24," "Six Feet Under"), Bianca Lawson ("Dawson's Creek," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"), Ian Somerhalder and Erich Anderson
Studio: Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Warner Bros. Television
Producers: Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman, Vincent Ngo and Evan Charnov

video clip http://tv.zap2it.com/shows/video/wb/fearless/

wb's page http://www.thewb.com/Shows/Special/0...#0124;,00.html

from news wire:

"Fearless" will join "Everwood" on Sundays for easyviews [ie encores of that weeks ep

[*Edited- I put "spoilers and speculations" in the thread title so this wouldn't appear to be just a discussion thread. Thanks! -Nikki]

[ 12-28-2003: Message edited NikNak ]
Old 05-27-2003, 08:20 PM
Addicted Fan

this is another show i'll be watching (along w/ Tru Calling....) ugh, not really liking the sunday slot though [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2003, 08:33 PM
Supreme Fan

I so can not wait for this show. Thank's for starting the thread [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2003, 10:16 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm so torn over this show.

On one hand, I used to really like the books. And Ian Somerhalder, who is so hot I don't even really care about the fact that he's a little on the short side, is in it. Also, I kind of like Bianca Lawson. "That was me favorite shirt. That was me only shirt!" Heh.

On the other hand, I loathe RLC. Loathe her. At best I think she's a bad actress. And for this she is so horribly miscast in my mind. She's short where Gaia is tall. She's a brunette. She has no muscles and looks like she could not possibly kick anyone's ass. Also by making it into an FBI show they've removed some of my favourite parts of the book. There's no Ed, no Mary and no Heather. No FOH's.

I'll be mature and reserve judgement for after the first episode. I hop it's good, I'm just skeptical.
Old 05-28-2003, 06:52 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm counting the days until I can see this show! Ian back on TV every week is beyond awesome. [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img]

I've read some of the books and while the TV show is not the same as the books, I think they've done a very good job of giving us a new chapter in Gaia's life. Rather than re-hash what has already been done in the books, we're seeing her right as she starts on a new part of her adult life. The lead in is one of her last days at the FBI Academy and then we see her first day with the SIU at the FBI.

By doing this, the writers have opened up all new storylines and allowed for tie-ins with the book series as viewers learn how Gaia got to be where she is at when the show starts. Plenty of room for new material and backstory is always a good thing. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Not to mention that by having the characters in their 20's, we avoid that whole intelligence-insulting BS of insanely gorgeous 20-somethings playing teenagers. Which just happens to drive me nuts. *coughTomWellingcough** [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]

[ 05-28-2003: Message edited Mrs. Beck ]
Old 05-28-2003, 10:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Beck:
<STRONG>
Not to mention that by having the characters in their 20's, we avoid that whole intelligence-insulting BS of insanely gorgeous 20-somethings playing teenagers. Which just happens to drive me nuts. *coughTomWellingcough** </STRONG>
Hee! That I agree with. If actual fifteen year old guys looked like Tom Welling I think my highschool experience would have been much more enjoyable.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Heehee! Max Evans, Xander Harris, Clark Kent...I wish some of those boys went to my school.

I'm not sure what to make of the whole 'FBI Rachel Leigh Cook' version of Fearless but I'm willing to give it a go. Personally I love the books so my expectations will probably be too high...

And isn't that Roswell's font?
Old 05-28-2003, 01:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Laine*:
<STRONG>

Hee! That I agree with. If actual fifteen year old guys looked like Tom Welling I think my highschool experience would have been much more enjoyable.</STRONG>
Heck, if 15 year old guys looked like Tom Welling, I'd still BE in high school! (And I graduated in '86.) [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Anyway, Gaia, Ryan and Harmony are all supposed to be 23 and Jordan is the baby at 21. So it's nice to see the actors playing fairly close to their real ages. It also helps with the plausibilty factor.
Old 05-28-2003, 02:24 PM
Master Fan

I've read the series, and I hate how much the storyline has been changed around, but I'm giving it a chance for some reason. Maybe it's because I don't really have a Tuesday show anymore. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Either way, I'm excited to see Bianca Lawson getting a regular role now. I'm still peeved about RLC getting Gaia. Of all people I pictured to play Gaia, she wasn't one of them.

Mrs. Beck Hah! You graduated the year I was born. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
You used to say everything's alright, but it's not
And that's something you're too blind to see.
Old 05-28-2003, 05:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mariachica:
<STRONG>Mrs. Beck Hah! You graduated the year I was born. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Gee thanks. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Excuse me while I go polish my dentures....
Old 05-28-2003, 10:22 PM
New Fan

I can't stand how they're changing it from the books. However, it sounds like it might be kind of cool for someone unfamiliar with the books to watch it, so I'm going to give it a go and try not to compare it with the books.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

Hmmm..I'll of course watch,but I love the books and I can't stand the fact that the series is going to be completely different.What shall we do wo/an Ed? Or a Sam? Or even Loki? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Eh..but the series looks cool...I so LOVE Ian Somerhalder...hehe
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
Old 05-29-2003, 05:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

I can't wait for this show. I've never read the books, so RLC as Gaia doesn't bother me. I just hope the show is good. It has a great lead-in with Gilmore Girls.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamOn777:
<STRONG>What shall we do wo/an Ed? Or a Sam? Or even Loki? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Eh..but the series looks cool...I so LOVE Ian Somerhalder...hehe</STRONG>
Well, we get Jordan! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] A very good thing in my book and I wouldn't count out Loki just yet. He isn't in the pilot, but that's not to say he won't appear at all.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well, we get Jordan! A very good thing in my book and I wouldn't count out Loki just yet. He isn't in the pilot, but that's not to say he won't appear at all.
Ah..yes!Do you really think they'll put Loki in? It would be so cool if they did!He's an awesome character.Evil,but cool.
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
Closed Thread   Post New Thread