Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Elite Fan

Degrassi S&S #40: Because a new channel with new promos has us excited for new eps!

NEW SEASON OF DEGRASSI: THE NEXT GENERATION
Back from the holiday break, Degrassi and Lakehurst merge, and tensions are so high that the walls are sweating. Spinner's brawling in the halls and frightened of losing his manhood, but he's in danger of losing so much more. Darcy tries to take the righteous path, but ends up somewhere she never expected to go. And Toby's telling himself to forgive, but he's being drowned out by the part of him screaming for revenge. Degrassi: look who goes there now.

source: Cable Talk TV

710 Pass the Dutchie
Spinner turns to drugs to deal with his pain and Darcy decides to join him in his despair. (TV Guide)

Spinner's smothering his pain with weed and wallowing in despair. Darcy happens to be looking for someone to wallow with... (Cable Talk TV)

Spinner medicates himself with marijuana and wallows with surprising company. (MSN TV)

Promo | Sneak Preview

711 Owner of a Lonely Heart
Marco considers something he never thought he would in order to ease his financial situation. (TV Guide)

With his money problems piling up as high as his bills, Marco toys with a fast-cash fix that's so wrong, he may never feel right about himself afterward. And given what some of his friends have already tried- stripping, gambling, gunplay- this one is sure to be a real doozy. (TV Guide the Magazine)

Marco's desperate for cash. Maybe desperate enough to do something he never thought he would. (Cable Talk TV)

Marco's financial situation makes him desperate. (MSN TV)

Promo | Sneak Preview

712 Live to Tell
Darcy withholds the truth about her rape in order to harm Mr. Simpson. (TV Guide)

Darcy goes to great lengths to hide the truth about her rape. (MSN TV)

713/714 Bust a Move Part 1&2
One-Hour TV Movie

715 Got My Mind Set On You
716 Sweet Child O' Mine
717 Talking In Your Sleep
718 Another Brick In The Wall
719 Broken Wings
720 Ladies' Night
721 Everything She Wants
722 Don't Stop Believin'
723 If This Is It
724 We Built This City

News from the Exec:

07/23/07
And yes, Jake Epstein was in the other day, rehearsing for the episodes coming up that will be directed by Bruce Macdonald (the director who shot the very first Next Generation episodes!)

07/31/07
(in response to: Are the episodes going to be spread out through out the season or are we going to get a bunch of episodes in row focusing on one group?)
Yes, they'll be mixed together!

08/12/07
An interesting conversation. For what it's worth, my own feeling is that in Season 6 (and also Season 5 to some extent) I think we veered a litle bit too much into the relationships, and didn't explore the issues and their reamifications quite as deeply as we have in the past... not to say that relationships are bad, or that those seasons weren't great... but I think you'll notice a change in Season 7!

08/15/07
As a clarification, some news reports (including the New York Times) have talked about a Degrassi TV Movie being made during Season 7--there's actually two sides to the story. First, it is the case that we are in dicussions to create a movie, not just a TV movie but a theatrical feature. These discussions are still at the early stages, so there's nothing concrete to report on that, but I remain quite hop[eful that something will come out of the discussions. Second, during the course of Season 7 there is a one-hour special episode (it will also be edited as two half-hours) and I think this is what the reports were referring to--so that's not tecnnically a movie since I always consider a movie to be around 90 minutes long, not 60 minutes, but there you go!

09/19/07
Jessie's Girl IS the real title... and the episode touches on alcoholism... and involves Caitlin Ryan...

09/26/07
But in any event, I don't want people having false expectations... Sean went off to the army, and it has been very difficult coming up with story while he's there, so the Sean character has not featured so far this year, and while there's a small possibility he could return by the end of the year, I don't want people holding their breath. We love the character, and I'm sure he'll return at some point, but it may very well be that it is not this season... if you go to The-N's website, they have a Season 7 picture flipbook of characters... it's cool, but you'll notice that there's no picture of Sean...

11/07/07
We are now starting 719 (Broken Wings)/720 (Ladies' Night) for Degrassi, and all the scripts for Degrassi have been written, although we are in re-writes on 721-724 (but as I say it doesn't matter because the strike doesn't affect us). There may be some other shows on The N which could be affected, I'm not sure...

11/13/07
(in response to: [kowaii] I know, I feel silly for thinking that Manny and Jay were getting married haha/)
hehe, Kowaii let me just say... well, actually, I better not say anything!!

11/24/07
As revealed last night on eTalk, we are thrilled that Natasha Bedingfield will be appearing as herself in this season's finale episode of Degrassi! She's not only acting in the episode, she'll also be performing two songs--one of them from her new album which is being released in January, and the other the amazing "Unwritten".

12/05/07
We're just about two hours away from wrapping filming of Season 7 of Degrassi!!! Can't believe it!! Of course the finale episode takes place in summertime, as a prom is going on, and in reality here in Toronto it's freezing!!!!

12/06/07
We're planning on Season 8... we have to be ordered first though of course!

12/17/07
You all know that The N licensed 24 episodes of Season 7 of Degrassi, and 13 episodes of Season 4 of Instant Star, and we have wrapped filming of all these episodes. So in 2008 we can expect The N to air Degrassi Season 7 (and in fact they have already aired the first 7 episodes, so there’s another 17 to go!) and Instant Star Season 4.

01/08/08
Degrassi Webisodes

Just before Christmas we mixed a Degrassi Mini which will whet your Sean + Ellie appetites!! Not sure when The N will air it...
source

01/14/08
For those of you commenting on Liberty--wait till the season finale. That's all I can say!!

Info From On-set Extras:

Originally posted on DB by Sephy:

I was an extra on Degrassi one day during the filming on 715/716.

Episode Titles:
715: Got My Mind Set on You
716: Sweet Child of Mine.

The call sheet says:
Sc.
111: Anna not pleased Lucas is back
123: Decisions with Isabella in mind.
125: Birthday Party
127: Mia considers Lucas -- The End

Darcy accuses Mr. Simpson of sexual harassment. Untrue, but it gets
Snake suspended and makes waves for Emma--even after she admit its.

Call sheet which says:

Scene 126: Manny meets Jay's family - cast #2, 8, 87, 88, A
which translates on the bottom page to:
Cassie Steele
Mike Lobel

Kim Bourne
Robert Bidaman
2xdrivers w/ quiet cars (A)

And on the prop list it states: Manny's engagement ring.

General Spoilers:

Shirley Douglas makes guest appearance on 'Degrassi: The Next Generation'

Expert:
Actress Shirley Douglas was on the set of "Degrassi: The Next Generation" for a guest appearance Thursday - although she admits she didn't know until recently that the show was still in production.

Douglas said she was surprised when she got the invitation to appear on the wildly popular teen show. "I used to watch Degrassi a long time ago, and I didn't realize they're still making it, because I don't have any children at home and I don't watch a lot of television for young people," Douglas said in an interview.

"So I was very excited when I heard they were still doing it."

The 73-year-old Toronto-based actress - who has appeared in such iconic Canadian TV shows as "Road to Avonlea," "Wind at My Back," "Robson Arms" and "Corner Gas" - has a role as head of the theatre department at a college that one of the "Degrassi" characters has applied to.

She said she thinks of "Degrassi" as a Canadian icon.

"It's exciting that this company has stayed together and kept going quite successfully," she said.

"This show has been going a long time and it runs beautifully, it just runs beautifully."

Mike Lobel, who plays Jay Hogart on the show, appears in one scene with Douglas. He said he was intimidated to meet her but immediately felt comfortable.

source

Degrassi transforms Keele campus into a television stage

Excerpt:
The episode, which will air in January 2008, features a special concert that Degrassi students go to during their spring break from school. Also featured in this episode is iconic Canadian actress Shirley Douglas.

For the filming, York’s Keele campus was transformed into Smithdale University. Douglas plays the role of the head of a theatre college at Smithdale that one of the Degrassi characters has applied to. Several scenes for the two-part episode were filmed at locations on the Keele campus, including the Science & Engineering Building, Campus Walk and Accolade. The Underground Restaurant provided a rest facility for the cast and crew.

source

I thought it was time to introduce myself! (Charlotte Arnold)

Excerpt:
"I've had to come to terms with the fact that it isn't all about me any more! J There's also been a bit of a cool transition for me from being on a fairly young, light-hearted show to dealing with more mature storylines and racier issues. On the whole, I'm so happy to read "Holly J" in the scripts, to interact with all my favourite characters, not to mention work with some familiar faces: Shenae and Miriam both had roles on "Naturally Sadie," and none other than Mr. Jacob Kraemer, my former on-screen flame from that show, recently popped by Degrassi to stir things up..."

source

Degrassi: DYLAN or no DYLAN
Hey!

How you guys doing? I feel the need to post this blog in response to comments i've been getting regarding the likelihood of me coming back to degrassi.

I haven't heard anything, but they may be in talks about a bigger project that could involve dylan coming back. That's all i can say right now

Just keep your eyes peeled....oh and cross your fingers

I do appreciate all your love and support! Keep it locked on John Bregar as any updates will be revealed there first!

Take care!

John

source

source

The N Becomes 24-Hour Teen TV Network Beginning Monday, Dec. 31, at 6:00 A.M. (ET) With New Schedule and New Shows Coming in 2008

Excerpt:
Degrassi: The Next Generation - Season seven returns on Friday, Jan. 18, at 8:00 p.m. (ET) The new season picks up in the middle of a school year already riddled with tragedy. A fire at Lakehurst -- the school of JT's killer -- forces many of its students into the halls of Degrassi, with explosive results. Amidst the newfound clutter and chaos, Spinner and Darcy deal with dark, personal tragedies, Jimmy and Ashley test their love, and Emma and Manny explore new, surprising relationships, all while hurtling toward graduation. Ellie and Marco discover that exploring their new freedom comes with dire consequences, while Paige, fresh from flaming out of school, gets a great new job, but learns quickly the demands of the real world.

source

Q&A: 'Degrassi:TNG's' Nina Dobrev Talks Mia

Excerpt:
What's in store for Mia in season 7?
Up until now, we don't know who Mia's baby daddy is. He comes on the scene in this season. She has a few different love interests, actually. For one reason or another, these relationships may not work out. Basically, she deals with the trials, tribulations and hardships that come along with trying to balance a social life, a boyfriend, being active in school, having a kid. One big thing with this season is Mia is trying to reform herself.

By not making the 'teen mom' thing her defining characteristic?
Yeah, she's trying to change her image. She came to Degrassi from this school, and now the school's come to her [a fire at rival school Lakehurst sends many of its students to Degrassi]. She has a really dark and scandalous past. She's trying, but whenever she tries to do something, it seems to knock her down and it never works out. It never works out for Mia, pretty much.

Welcome to Degrassi, where nothing really works out for anybody. Does Mia try to inject herself into the female social scene?
Not really. She wants to be class president, she wants to be head cheerleader. She wants to do it all, but she can't. Even somebody without a baby can't do it.

source

Same old Degrassi – but darker

Excerpt:
"We have a brand-new band that emerges through the second half of this season, a band like we have not seen before. It's fantastic," says executive producer and creator Linda Schuyler. "They are called Studz – S-T-U-D-Z. But they pronounce it stoodz. It's really fun [...] One of the characters will develop cancer, and how he deals with that is really fascinating. We're also dealing with young kids wanting to be famous from posting online videos of them fighting, doing this sort of one-upmanship about fighting and then posting that violence on the web. We've got a couple of fun music stories and even an episode where we deal with stem cell research."

source

Rumors:

Following appearances by Kevin Smith and Alanis Morissette two seasons ago, the Toronto-made series Degrassi: The Next Generation is considering welcoming more celebrity guests. Sources claim Janice Dickinson is scheduled to show up in an episode next season.

source

Exec Q&A:

Q: I am also and big fan of Sean and Ellie together and I was wondering. What is the mini going to be about with them?
Exec: It's all about a party. Sean and Ellie are two of the people at the party...

Q: Is Daniel coming back for an ep?
Exec: Yes

Q: Will Ash be at Craig's concert?
Exec: yes I shouldn't say anything more!

Q: Will Craig have any lines other than singing?
Exec: yes...

Q: Will Manny be at the concert, will she be with jay?
Exec: manny will be at the concert... and there's a big storyline involving Jay.... that's all I can say!!

Yellow is for "I'm working on it."
malia tate

Last edited by lalatina15; 02-22-2008 at 07:22 PM
Old 01-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

Yayyyyyyyyyy!

icon
Old 01-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

If only The-N would AIR these promos!

Thanks for starting Joa.

Please, remember me,
happily
Old 01-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

Why aren't they airing the 101s now? WTF?

Quote:
Thanks for starting Joa.
I'm a spoiler thread starting whore.

malia tate
Old 01-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Moderator Support Team

yay! aw, you're nice SM, i would have totally put, becasue OMG CRASHHHH!
Old 01-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxCrashIntoMexx (View Post)
yay! aw, you're nice SM, i would have totally put, becasue OMG CRASHHHH!
Oh, trust me, if there were ever so much as a Sellie scene, look, glance, hello... WHATEVER. Someone will have to stop be from starting the threads because you'll get "Because OMFG SELLIE!!! SELLIE SELLIE SEELIE!!!!" And, as much as it wouldn't bother me, most people would tell me to stfu and use a proper title, with reason,

malia tate
Old 01-20-2008, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

A few caps for you guys:

Rest here, as always.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

Nicole, you are a doll, I love you! I wish I could figure in with caps go with what eps...

Spin/Jane... so cute.

malia tate
Old 01-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Can somebody upload Manny 101 extended promo ?

Can somebody upload Craig 101 extended promo ?
Old 01-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread!

And is this Jay/Manny getting hot and heavy like...Spinner and Paige "hot and heavy" from High Fidelity? Or what's the deal?
Old 01-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Supreme Fan

I hope with sean returning we can get a semma reunite. Wait aren't they already together. Ok never mind. I just want semma together
Old 01-21-2008, 01:26 AM
Extreme Fan

There is an extended JT 101 on The Click.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

I heard Jay and Manny have sex in a garage or something and video tape it!

Darcy stuff with her and Peter on the roof looks interesting

I don't care for Craig, but hope him and Ashley get back togehter.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Elite Fan

A couple people believe that Manny is aware of the camera, and Jay's setting it up so make of that what you will.

So excited for CrAsh!

icon
Old 01-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Master Fan

I would feel so bad for Manny if she was unaware of the camera, but not if she is aware.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread