Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2015, 06:11 AM
Elite Fan

Chicago Med S&S #2

Main Cast

Oliver Platt as Dr. Daniel Charles, the head of the psychiatry department
S. Epatha Merkerson as Sharon Goodwin, the head of the hospital
Nick Gehlfuss as Dr. Will Halstead, surgeon and brother of Jay Halstead from Chicago P.D
Yaya DaCosta as April Sexton, nurse
Torrey DeVitto as Dr. Lilly Manning, a pregnant ER pediatrician
Rachel DiPillo as Dr. Sarah Reese, an emergency room intern, fresh out of medical school.
Colin Donnell as Dr. Bradshaw a paediatrician
Brian Tee as Name Unknown, a former army medic

Last edited by Chastidy; 08-16-2015 at 02:35 PM
Old 08-14-2015, 06:12 AM
Elite Fan

I'll do up a proper OP tomorrow

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 08-14-2015, 08:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks! Never heard of this Laurie before either. I went through her Twitter for some April/Will scoops , but didn't find anything. Anyone have a run down of what she's said about them?

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 08-14-2015, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahfan (View Post)
Thanks! Never heard of this Laurie before either. I went through her Twitter for some April/Will scoops , but didn't find anything. Anyone have a run down of what she's said about them?
She didn't say anything specific. I believe I screamed "NEW SHIP" to soon Cause I thought she was implying it but now I think I made my own interpretation out of nothing XD sorry.

BUT I'm still convinced that they'll go there at some point. They need that MAJOR romance between two characters. Nick is the male lead and Yaya the female lead. It makes sense. Torrey's character is pregnant (probably with someone?) and we don't know about the other actresses they are casting.

Yaya and Colin.

"์•„ ์•„๊นŒ๋Š” ๋ชป ๋ฐ›์•„์„œ ๋ฏธ์•ˆํ•ด
์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy

Last edited by Maud&Danny; 08-14-2015 at 10:24 AM
Old 08-14-2015, 10:28 AM
Absolute Fan

They can keep Will as a player. Test April with Ethan or Connor. Interestingly, Yaya and Colin did press together yesterday. lol

Old 08-14-2015, 11:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

About the romances, I'm reading the wrap ups for what was said at the TCA's and Dick Wolf pointed out that they wanted to focus on medical cases and the patients instead of the daily lives of the doctors. He said most of the action happens inside the hospital in real time. He saw this as a distinction from Chicago PD and Chicago Fire where we do follow these characters personal lives.

I bring that up because it's possible that a lot of the regulars do not have their personal relationships shown on camera. Someone like Will could be a playboy, but one with random females that are addressed, but never seen.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:55 AM
Master Fan

^^I'm not sure people are going to be interested only in the medical stuff. To actually care about these characters, we need to get to know them on a personal level. Romances are part of it. I somehow doubt that we won't see some of it.

์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Old 08-14-2015, 11:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
^^I'm not sure people are going to be interested only in the medical stuff. To actually care about these characters, we need to get to know them on a personal level. Romances are part of it. I somehow doubt that we won't see some of it.
It's possible they may modify the formula once it gets going, but Dick Wolf seemed really into providing medical information and exploring medical cases as both entertaining and informative. NBC had a show called Medical Investigation and they tried this format before. They have to touch on some personal stuff like the character who is pregnant for obvious reasons, but it may be used to connect with a patient over exploring the choices made when someone is pregnant and working.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:03 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Rachel DiPillo, who has been recurring on Jane the Virgin, has been cast as a new series regular on Chicago Med, the upcoming Chicago Fire spinoff series from Wolf Films and Universal TV. She is one of three new female regulars the show is planning to add in the wake of the departure of original cast member Laurie Holden. DiPillo will play Dr. Sarah Reese, an emergency room intern, fresh out of medical school. She joins Torrey DeVitto, who was cast yesterday.
โ€˜Chicago Medโ€™ Adds Rachel DiPillo As New Regular | Deadline
Old 08-14-2015, 06:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by livandfitzfanforever (View Post)
Rachel DiPillo, who has been recurring on Jane the Virgin, has been cast as a new series regular on Chicago Med, the upcoming Chicago Fire spinoff series from Wolf Films and Universal TV. She is one of three new female regulars the show is planning to add in the wake of the departure of original cast member Laurie Holden. DiPillo will play Dr. Sarah Reese, an emergency room intern, fresh out of medical school. She joins Torrey DeVitto, who was cast yesterday.
โ€˜Chicago Medโ€™ Adds Rachel DiPillo As New Regular | Deadline

If Will gets a romantic interest, it's this new character. Doctor new to Chicago meets intern, new to Chicago (although not mentioned in this article) and new to the medical world. He'll show her the ropes. These two are tailor made for each other (assuming Med cares to show any relationship, which I wrote previously is not Dick Wolf's current focus.)

That's why I'm a fan of waiting and seeing. All of the guessing who Will could potentially pair up with will unfold, like it did here. As for the actress, I'm not familiar with her work so I'm intrigued to see what she will bring to Chicago Med.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:26 PM
New Fan

I like the intern and established doctor romances. I just don't see how the show isn't going to have romances. I'm hoping that they don't just do medical stuff . I don't see how a show only based on medical stuff can survive. Some of the most interesting parts of these tv shows are that you get to see how being in such a intense line of work messes with you personally.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFFan1 (View Post)
If Will gets a romantic interest, it's this new character. Doctor new to Chicago meets intern, new to Chicago (although not mentioned in this article) and new to the medical world. He'll show her the ropes. These two are tailor made for each other (assuming Med cares to show any relationship, which I wrote previously is not Dick Wolf's current focus.)

That's why I'm a fan of waiting and seeing. All of the guessing who Will could potentially pair up with will unfold, like it did here. As for the actress, I'm not familiar with her work so I'm intrigued to see what she will bring to Chicago Med.
You don't know that....

์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Old 08-15-2015, 02:04 AM
Elite Fan

I've never heard of the actress. anybody seen her in anything?

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 08-15-2015, 03:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
I've never heard of the actress. anybody seen her in anything?
I seen her on Jane the virgin on the cw she was very good