Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2014, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bones Spoilers and Speculation #285

Welcome to the 284th Bones Spoilers & Speculation Thread!

[Upcoming Episodes]

* The Shot in the Dark
* The Friend in Need
* The fact in the fiction

[General Spoilers]
* 26 episodes this season
* The theme this season is "Is Love Enough."
* Bones will celebrate it's 150th episodes this seaon
* They want to introduce Booth's mother and Hodgin's brother
* Cam is getting a new love interest
* Booth and Brennan will hit some drama
* Hodgins and Angela are Broke
* Brennan is getting shot
* Booth's mother will make an appearance
* Season 9 has been confirmed

[Relationship Spoilers]
Booth & Brennan
COMING SOON

[Bones Twitter Accounts]
Crew:
Bones: BONES (BONESonFOX) on Twitter
Hart Hanson: Hart Hanson (HartHanson) on Twitter
Stephen Nathan: Stephen Nathan (squarechicken) on Twitter
Josh Levi (HH's assistant): Josh Levy (mosh426) on Twitter
Caroline (script coordinator): Caroline Hylton (carerowline) on Twitter
Meta (writer): MetaV (MetaV) on Twitter

Cast
David Boreanaz (Booth): David Boreanaz (david_boreanaz) on Twitter
Emily Deschanel (Brennan): Emily Deschanl on Twitter
TJ Thyne (Hodgins): TJ Thyne (TJThyne) on Twitter
Eric Millegan (Zack): Eric Millegan (EricMillegan) on Twitter
Joel Moore (Fisher): www.twitter.com/joeldavidmoore1
Pej Vahdat (Arastoo): Pej Vahdat (pejvahdat) on Twitter
Ryan Cartwright (VNM): Ryan Cartwright (RyanCartwright) on Twitter
Tiffany Hines (Michelle): Tiffany (tiffanyhines1) on Twitter

Last edited by NikNak; 11-03-2014 at 08:03 AM
Old 11-03-2014, 08:03 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for starting the new thread.

I removed the banner and the promo as the links are not working.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 11-13-2014, 01:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Tftnt! I thought we'd never get there, lol!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Looking at the ratings, and I have to say Grey's Anatomy is probably impacting BONES. Same with the comedies on CBS. But Bones has dealt with BBT before. But another scripted one hour drama probably hurts Bones...

While it's relatively steady in viewership about 5.5 million. Down only about a million from before BBT came back to Thursday. But not pretty steady after several weeks!

But the HH is steady with the last few although it is between a 1.2 and 1.3. So it might adjust up later...

Haven't seen the show yet. Will be back to comment later...

But maybe FOX should move Bones in January to Friday or back to Monday. Not sure they will want to do Tuesdays. And American Idol will likely be back on Wednesday and Thursday.

Unless they are hoping to use BONES after the result show or before the result show... But then who knows what FOX is up to. FOX is not having a great fall!
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:54 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Saw the episode. I liked it. I know the complaints will be Brennan is not in the field as much anymore or recently. And I personally don't know why unless they were doing the same scenes over and over with new dialogue. And with the addition of Aubry, it gives David something new to play against. Because Emily is working not much less than she was, she is just more in the lab...

While the big intense episodes are different...

Lately Brennan comes for the big revelation scenes or we see the family scenes like we did last night with Booth and Christine. As they dealt with the gateway swear words and how it came back to bite Brennan in the end. Would have liked to see how she talked her way out of that one.

And interest backstory with Aubry. Similar to Brennan's and to Booth's. But more to Brennan. I heard Max might be featured in a big story in the back end of the season. Wonder if they are spelling out the similiarities. And how Brennan is dealing with it, before her father's past comes back to haunt them...

I do think people wouldn't be screaming about less Brennan in the field if it was still Sweets. But because it's someone new. People need to get used to it.

Although I do think Brennan should be out a little more in the field. But I guess it depends on the episode...

I still enjoy the show for the show. And not just the pure BB interaction.

ETA: It's official. BONES was adjusted up from a initial 1.2 to finish 1.3HH with 5.5 viewership so completely on par with recent weeks since BBT came back to Thursdays...

Last edited by Jasper1975; 11-14-2014 at 03:05 PM
Old 11-14-2014, 06:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Just coming over to post that Bones went up in the final ratings to a 1.3 in the 18-49 demo. Glad they went up, but still not pleased with their ratings decline over the last few weeks. At the start of the season, Bones was getting 1.5, 1.6, even 1.7, one week. Now it's much lower.

As expected, the return of BBT has taken another bite out of Bones 18-49 audience. But BBT has hardly affected Grey's. It's still scoring in the mid two's, just like at the start of the season, and their audience is about the same size. OTOH, Bones audience has gone down by a million viewers! That's a huge number, and it explains why their 18-49 rating is down as well.

Here's some good news though. I just read it on TVByTheNumbers:
FOX has ordered six more episodes of The Mindy Project, bringing this season's total episode count to 21, per The Hollywood Reporter. This week's episode averaged a 1.1 adults 18-49 rating.

If Fox can order more episodes of "Mindy", which scores way worse than Bones, it may be good news for Bones. Although to be fair, "Mindy" supposedly does well among women 18-34, (as does "New Girl"), and it costs way less to produce than Bones. That would explain why Fox keeps both NG and Mindy on the air, despite their low ratings. But who knows, with Fox's entire line up doing so badly, Bones may look good by comparison. A lot will depend on how much Fox wants Bones to return, and what they are willing to pay Demily to bring them back.

One last note about last night's show. I really liked it, and I am really enjoying Aubrey's character, and the actor's portrayal. Aubrey has a lot of layers, and great chemistry with Booth. I love that they have given him a back story that tells us a little more about what makes him who he is. I also loved how Brennan went to speak to him at the bar. I can see these two characters developing a close relationship over time, as they both have painful abandonment issues in their past.

Last edited by spunks; 11-14-2014 at 06:41 PM
Old 11-14-2014, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunks (View Post)
Just coming over to post that Bones went up in the final ratings to a 1.3 in the 18-49 demo. Glad they went up, but still not pleased with their ratings decline over the last few weeks. At the start of the season, Bones was getting 1.5, 1.6, even 1.7, one week. Now it's much lower.

As expected, the return of BBT has taken another bite out of Bones 18-49 audience. But BBT has hardly affected Grey's. It's still scoring in the mid two's, just like at the start of the season, and their audience is about the same size. OTOH, Bones audience has gone down by a million viewers! That's a huge number, and it explains why their 18-49 rating is down as well.
Having two scripted one hour dramas going against two comedies (8 and 8:30) is very different than if Bones had been the only one hour scripted offering. So I can see why there was a bite out of BONES since nothing seems to be going FOX's way these days.. Also ABC hit it out of the park with it's Shondaland programming, all three of her shows. So that helps Grey's Anatomy although their ratings are not sky high but still decent.

Quote:
Here's some good news though. I just read it on TVByTheNumbers:
FOX has ordered six more episodes of The Mindy Project, bringing this season's total episode count to 21, per The Hollywood Reporter. This week's episode averaged a 1.1 adults 18-49 rating.

If Fox can order more episodes of "Mindy", which scores way worse than Bones, it may be good news for Bones. Although to be fair, "Mindy" supposedly does well among women 18-34, (as does "New Girl"), and it costs way less to produce than Bones. That would explain why Fox keeps both NG and Mindy on the air, despite their low ratings. But who knows, with Fox's entire line up doing so badly, Bones may look good by comparison. A lot will depend on how much Fox wants Bones to return, and what they are willing to pay Demily to bring them back.
Bones continuing will be all dependent on if David and Emily want to come back for more. Sure the ratings are soft compared to what the show had been doing... But given how bad things are going for FOX, it seems a safe choice.

But yeah the comedies are likely much cheaper than a 10 year old drama. But still, BONES has more loyalty...

Apparently according to FOX, Bones is UP over it's 30 day playback so far compared to the stats for March, April and May. About 7 percent. So chances are it is because of the increased timeslot competition which is much more dangerous than Monday...

Quote:
One last note about last night's show. I really liked it, and I am really enjoying Aubrey's character, and the actor's portrayal. Aubrey has a lot of layers, and great chemistry with Booth. I love that they have given him a back story that tells us a little more about what makes him who he is. I also loved how Brennan went to speak to him at the bar. I can see these two characters developing a close relationship over time, as they both have painful abandonment issues in their past.
Aubry and Booth give it a very different dynamic. Given Aubry is a full blown FBI yet he is still junior while Booth is a senior agent, so Booth is trying to be a mentor even if most of the time he still can't trust the newbie...

So the new layers are interesting...
Old 11-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

This may be a wild thought, but any chance we are seeing less of ED because she may be pregnant?

I'm not into starting rumors, but there were 2 photos today that made it look like she may be. Couple that with a picture of her with what looked like a baby bump about a month ago at a fundraiser, and I'm thinking it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Has anyone seen or read anything?
Old 11-14-2014, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

See I don't think her air time is that diminished. It just that she probably has a few less scenes out in the field. But she is in the bulk of the lab scenes unless it's devoted to other characters. It's just more noticable because she's not out in the lab as much with Booth...

Whether she's pregnant again. Not official announcement yet. And usually that comes around the time of the first trimester coming to a end, so she couldn't be that far along. And the timing of the baby would be spring or summer. So I could see them trying to hide it in terms of the show. And couldn't be the reason for less airtime since it would still be early...

She doesn't look it, but then people have suspected it in past seasons but nothing has come of it.

We shall see... But it has been apparent since Emily had her son that Brennan's is not involved in every scene as much as she was in the early to mid seasons... Booth was paired up with Sweets more in the field.

But it's a little more apparent so far. It could just be storyline reasons. Booth is dealing with the aftermath of prison, his distrust for the FBI and now this new young newbie. So it gives something new for Booth. And for David to do. If Brennan was always there, you wouldn't see it as much...
Old 11-16-2014, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Daisy gives birth on the next episode, this Thursday...

See the picture of the baby... The baby's name might or might not be Lance. The article mentions it, but don't know if it's true...

Meet Baby Sweets: See a photo of Daisy's newborn on 'Bones' - Zap2it | News & Features
Old 11-16-2014, 10:00 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the link.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:12 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks from me too!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 11-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Here's a sneak peek at little "Lance Jr". for anyone who wants to see!

Meet Baby Sweets: See a photo of Daisy's newborn on 'Bones' - Zap2it | News & Features

And another sneak peek from tonight's episode:

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/bones_th...puzzle-2014-11

Enjoy tonight's show everyone!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread