EDIT

EDITx2

Arrow boss teases 100th episode, crossover catalyst | EW.com

EDITx3

EDITx4

EDITx5

EDITx6

Arrow Season 5: Marc Guggenheim on CW Crossover, More | Collider

"Needless to say, Felicity is feeling some guilt, which she’s reminded of on a daily basis every time she faces Rory [Regan]. So will she tell him of her role in his city’s destruction? ‘We talked a lot about that storyline, and Rory’s point of view and Felicity’s point of view,’ Guggenheim said. 'It was fun to actually get a chance to articulate the anti-Felicity point of the view and the pro-Felicity point of view. It made for a very interesting moral dilemma, and we got a chance to play with that.’"
'Arrow' EP Teases Fallout From Felicity's Havenrock Decision

"It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission."
https://twitter.com/ARROWwriters/sta...48099842068480

EDITx7

EDITx8

EDITx9

EDITx10

You promised scoop on Josh Segarra’s Arrow character on Superhero Insider. Deliver! — Abbi
And I shall! The upcoming seventh episode is “where we show our cards the most in terms of Adrian’s character,” EP Marc Guggenheim teases of the man who eventually becomes Vigilante. “What’s kind of fun about the way we’re writing Adrian, and the way we’re portraying Josh’s character, is we’re writing with the knowledge that the audience has a certain amount of comic book knowledge. If they don’t, if you’re not a comic book fan, it’ll fly over your head and it’s totally fine; it’s like an adult joke in a Pixar movie. But if you are familiar with the comic, then you’ll probably interpret certain scenes in a very specific way, and that’s fun for us. I don’t think we’ve ever really done it in this fashion before, use what I call their comic book destiny as part of the storytelling.”

Spoiler Room: Scoop on SHIELD, Blindspot, Legends of Tomorrow and more | EW.com

EDITx11

Quote:
At a press Q&A IGN attended today, Arrow co-creator Marc Guggenheim confirmed that, in addition to the already announced returns of Robert Queen and Laurel Lance’s Black Canary, John Barrowman and Neal McDonough will be present in their respective roles as Malcolm Merlyn and Damien Darhk.
Episode 100 of Arrow also happens to be a part of the big crossover all the DC/CW shows are doing this fall, including Supergirl, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. When asked about the challenges of approaching the 100th episode as a milestone and crossover at the same time, Guggenheim responded, “The challenge was, we’ve only got 42 minutes and it’s the middle part of a three-part story.”
“When the news broke people were up and down my Twitter and Greg [Berlanti]’s Twitter… and I think in this case in a very positive way. People didn’t want to feel like the crossover was hijacking what should be a really seminal episode.” He continued, “I think Greg came up with an idea that allows us to have our cake and eat it too.”
While Guggenheim hasn’t yet seen the episode edited together, he noted, “It has some incredibly iconic moments. It is a love letter to the show. It draws on all previous 99 episodes pretty much. Everyone who we could have in the episode from a scheduling point of view is in the episode. Even the people we couldn’t have because of conflicting schedules are represented. At the same time, you’ve got Flash and Supergirl and that’s an enormous amount of fun. I think certainly the [new Arrow team] recruits also play a very large role, an important role, in the episode. I’m really excited about it.”
Discussing the performances, Guggenheim remarked, “There’s one moment in it that I think is probably Stephen [Amell]’s finest performance to date. There’s this one scene that really has two moments within the one scene that is just… It will break your heart. It will totally take your heart and pull it out and stomp it on the floor. It’s very, very affecting. It’s all on Stephen’s back. It’s incredible. Willa [Holland]’s amazing in the episode. Everyone obviously brought their
More Familiar Faces Confirmed for Arrow's 100th Episode - IGN

EDITx12

EDITx13

EDITx14

5x04 Stills

Arrow - Episode 5.04 - Penance - Promos, Promotional Photos, Interviews & Press Release

EDITx15

Quote:
One of the most controversial elements of DC's The New 52 reboot in 2011 among longtime fans was the unshakeable sense that Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) -- The Flash -- had escaped any kind of consequences for the irresponsible use of his powers that led to the Flashpoint crisis and, by extension, the reworked New 52 timeline.

On television (so far), things have been a little better on that front: years of hindsight, maybe, and a writers' room instead of one guy who had to set the stage for something bigger than the tale he was telling, play into it, but we've seen at least a couple of people really lay into Barry for being irresponsible with his powers.

Fans have also been wondering: how will John Diggle (David Ramsey) handle it? Not even a character on The Flash, the Arrow regular is barely on a first-name basis with Barry Allen, and yet he's one of the characters whose life was changed in the biggest ways.

For those who haven't yet watched the season premiere of The Flash, or who didn't catch the line of dialogue in last week's Arrow that referred to "John Jr.," here's the skinny: When Barry returned from an alternate timeline (one he had created by traveling to the past to save his mother from being murdered, and then eliminated by traveling back a second time to allow her murder to play out), it was revealed that John Diggle and Lyla Michaels's daughter Sara no longer existed, and was replaced by a son -- John, Jr.

With John already handling a mountain of personal trauma (most notably the fallout from choosing to kill his brother, a HIVE agent, last season), ComicBook.com spoke with Ramsey at the Arrow 100th episode party over the weekend, and asked him: how will Diggle handle the revelation?

"Much more compassionately than you might think," Ramsey said. "Diggle can't miss anything he's never had and 'Flashpoint' changes history -- it changes his history directly -- so he never can really miss Baby Sara anymore, becuase he never had her, but he is concerned about Barry. Barry's actions were reckless, and with all that power, being reckless -- to someone as disciplined as Diggle -- comes as a shock."

In a previous episode of DC's Legends of Tomorrow, fans saw that a version of John Diggle, Jr., had grown up to become the next Green Arrow, going by the name of Connor Hawke and dressing in an outfit close to that character's costume from the comics. That reality, though, was a bleak and dangerous one triggered by the accumulation of too much power on the part of Vandal Savage, who died in Legends's first season. Whether the "real" version of John, Jr. will grow into the role of Connor Hawke isn't clear.

Arrow airs on Wednesday nights at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW
David Ramsey Reveals How Diggle Will Respond to Flashpoint Changes

EDITx16

Arrow part starts at 1:55:

EDITx17

That is Mavi(Stephens daughter) in the picture.
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-26,NJH D-126 OSW D-152, J-Hope D-153, Jinyoung-D-174 JK-D-391

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-4 LDH D-362

Last edited by backstreetboysfan; 10-24-2016 at 07:48 PM
Old 10-25-2016, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for all the scoops.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Your Welcome .

Arrow 100: Stephen Amell On Colin Donnell & Susanna Thompson | GreenArrowTV

M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-26,NJH D-126 OSW D-152, J-Hope D-153, Jinyoung-D-174 JK-D-391

Old 10-25-2016, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Interesting title.

Thanks.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

EDIT

This is definitely someone to Felicity:
“You alright over there? Because I’ve been doing a lot of talking and you haven’t, which is very weird“
https://twitter.com/ARROWwriters/sta...98072050782208

EDITz2

Quote:
Diggle (David Ramsey) may be content to spend the rest of his days in jail on Arrow, but his wife and best friend sure aren’t going to let him rot for a crime he didn’t commit.

After his corrupt fellow soldiers framed him for murder so they could get away with making some extra cash and not getting caught, Diggle decided that even though he didn’t do this particular crime, he still deserves to be in jail for killing his HIVE mind-controlled brother last season. He told his wife Lyla (Audrey Marie Anderson) exactly that when she visited him in prison, but she refused to agree with his dark and hopeless choice. In the very last scene of last week’s Arrow, “A Matter of Trust,” Lyla showed up in the Arrow cave to solicit Oliver’s (Stephen Amell) help in breaking Dig out of jail, and that’s exactly what they’re going to do in tonight’s all-new hour, “Penance.”

“I’m really excited for this episode since we’ve basically spent three episodes without Oliver and Diggle together, and Oliver and Diggle separated doesn’t really feel like Arrow to me,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim tells Nerdist. “In many ways, this episode is about what Oliver is willing to do for Diggle. We’ve seen all the things that Diggle is willing to do for Oliver over the years and the thing that I enjoy very much is watching Oliver return the favor.”
Executive producer Wendy Mericle echoed Guggenheim’s thoughts about getting to see a side to the Oliver/Dig dynamic that they usually don’t get to explore.

“It’s going to be an amazing hour. We’re going to see Oliver break Dig out of jail. It’s going to be gangbusters,” Mericle tells Nerdist. “It’s exciting. Dig is in a very complicated, emotional place and feeling very guilty about what he did in season four to his brother, and he’s got some very misguided ways of dealing with that. Oliver is going to snap him out of it. We like to flip that dynamic and we’ve earned that.”

And she knows that they weren’t able to tell this kind of story on the show before now. “Oliver has evolved,” Mericle says. “He’s become a more mature human being.”

Series star Ramsey is absolutely loving his character’s storyline this season because of how dark he gets to go. “It’s some pretty deep stuff,” Ramsey tells Nerdist. “Oh man. This week, he’s in prison still. Lyla wants to break him out, and let’s just say not everyone is down with that. So look forward to that.”

Another cliffhanger left over from last week’s jam-packed hour is the fact that Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) finally confessed to new Team Arrow recruit Rory Regan aka Ragman (Joe Dinicol) that she is to blame for diverting Damien Darhk’s (Neil McDonough) nuclear missile to his hometown of Havenrock, completely decimating his home and killing everyone he knew and loved. Rory didn’t react to her confession, instead choosing to just walk away from her.

“I usually wish for more time in figuring out these concepts on this show, but we just don’t have the time,” Rickards tells Nerdist of exploring this storyline further. “We have less than 60 minutes to tell this story. We end that story and start a new one although she does wear that guilt in every episode and everything that she does now and moving forward. But the confession to Rory does really end that point of not being able to work cohesively as a team. And I loved working with Joe on that story.”

How Rory is going to react to Felicity’s confession, however, Dinicol warns that viewers won’t see it coming.

“I won’t tell you how he reacts but I will say he reacts in a way that you wouldn’t expect,” Dinicol tells Nerdist. “I actually really love how he reacts. It’s a real insight into the kind of person that he is. It’s really interesting. It’s very specific and it certainly adds a layer to his and Felicity’s relationship.”

As for how this is all going to affect his place on Team Arrow, knowing one of his leaders literally blew up his life, Dinicol explains that Rory has a big choice ahead of him.

“I think it’s a day of reckoning for him,” Dinicol says. “Being a fighter on this team is an opportunity for him to make a decision to move forward and start to deal with some of this tragedy and devastation in as positive of a way as he can or is he going to do what he did in his first episode, which is freak out and…try to kill or maim whoever wronged him. This is another instance where he’s being asked to let the angels of his better nature rule him and whether he does or doesn’t, we’ll see. His joining the team is a real turning point for him.”

And now that Oliver as Mayor of Star City has publicly announced his support for Quentin Lance (Paul Blackthorne) as his Deputy Mayor, expect the newly relapsed alcoholic to struggle with his new obligations and the pressure that comes with politics.

“He’ll handle this all with a stiff drink, I imagine,” Blackthorne jokes to Nerdist. “No, he’s got to get his act together at this point. He’s been given this much faith and responsibility by Thea [Willa Holland] and the others so he’s got to get himself together. We shall see if that’s the case.”

The pressure is going to mount higher than ever for the new recruits of Team Arrow this week as, in the midst of Oliver’s jailbreak mission, gangster Tobias Church (Chad L. Coleman) rears his head once more.

“It’s really fun to see the new recruits finally working together,” Madison McLaughlin, who plays new recruit Evelyn Sharp, tells Nerdist. “We have some fun stuff coming up. Wild Dog [Rick Gonzales] and Artemis and Ragman and Mister Terrific [Echo Kellum] are trying to get their footing, and Chad L. Coleman returns for a really fun arc as Tobias Church. And it becomes obvious that Artemis has Oliver as a mentor.”

What are you most excited to see from tonight’s episode of Arrow? Tweet me your thoughts at @SydneyBucksbaum!

Arrow airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m. on The CW.
ARROW Stars, Showrunners Tease Diggle’s Jailbreak in “Penance” | Nerdist

ETA: Sneak Peek:

Looking forward to seeing this Delicity scene.

EDITx3

Quote:
"Next week’s episode of Arrow, “Human Target,” is also said to be “The One Where Oliver Finds Out That Felicity And Detective Malone Are Dating.” Many are expecting that will mean Tyler Ritter’s character will get a sharp arrow to the knee for that… at the 100th episode “green carpet” for Arrow last weekend, we asked Executive Producer Wendy Mericle and actor Stephen Amell (Oliver) about how that breaks down, and if Malone should be scared of Oliver’s reaction.

“I think Oliver and Felicity have evolved to a place where they’re going to be okay about that, but I think Detective Malone is moving into some dangerous territory in other ways, so we’ll see what happens,” Mericle teased.

Stephen had something similar to say. “Detective Malone should not be afraid of Oliver. Detective Malone should be afraid of his connection to Felicity,” he said.

As for an “Olicity” reconciliation, Stephen told us “you’re either romantically involved or you’re not.”

“Oliver and Felicity, in my mind, are reconciled. Everything’s on the same page with them. Everything’s on the table. They’re just not together,” he said."
Arrow 100: Amell & Mericle On The State Of "Olicity" | GreenArrowTV

EDITx4

EDITx5

Last edited by backstreetboysfan; 10-26-2016 at 04:21 PM
Old 10-27-2016, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks!
Old 10-27-2016, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Here's the promos:

Extended promo:

EDIT

The way they've made it sound is that the crossover event doesn't "cross over" quite as much into Arrow; it's more used as a narrative device to put the characters where they have to be for the hundredth epsiode.

"I do get to punch an alien, but not in the hundredth episode of Arrow," series star Stephen Amell told ComicBook.com this weekend at the Arrow 100 Episodes party in Vancouver.

With lots of returning guest stars and "no flashbacks" promised, it seems likely there's a pretty elaborate shell game going on here -- one that Amell doesn't help when he says that returning guest stars will return "in a very unexpected spot at a very, very retrospectively expected time."

That seems to be the rule of the day: there's going to be some stuff in this episode that you expect from Arrow, even if it's not coming at exactly the expected moment.

"The hundredth episode of Arrow begins in a very appropriate way: it begins with Oliver running," Amell revealed. "We've had him running into the premiere almost every year, we didn't have him running in this year, but we have him running in the hundredth episode."

Stephen Amell Reveals How Arrow's Hundredth Episode Begins

EDITx2

ARROW
“Vigilante” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)

DOLPH LUNDGREN "ROCKY" GUEST STARS - When the bodies of two criminals are dropped at SCPD, Oliver (Stephen Amell) realizes there is a new Vigilante in Star City. The team is split about whether they should stop someone who is helping keep the city safe. Diggle (David Ramsey) is frustrated with his new situation and Thea (Willa Holland) fights for Lance (Paul Blackthorne) who confesses a shocking secret. Meanwhile, in the flashbacks, Oliver finally sits down with Konstantin Kovar (guest star Dolph Lundgren) (#507). Original airdate 11/16/2016.

Last edited by backstreetboysfan; 10-27-2016 at 04:12 PM
Old 10-27-2016, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the promos.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
When are we finally going to see Kovar on Arrow? — Brindy
Dolph Lundgren will make his first appearance as Kovar in episode 506, and because of his strong performance during his first day on the job, executive producer Marc Guggenheim tells me they extended the actor’s involvement in the show past the originally planned three episodes. “Dolph brings so much presence,” Guggenheim says. “He really holds the screen incredibly well. It’s an enormous amount of fun to see him and Stephen [Amell] in scenes together.” As for the character, Guggenheim says, “Kovar is very much a villain certainly in the Arrow vein, which is to say he’s pretty badass, he’s pretty evil, but he, of course, does not think of himself as such. He thinks of himself as doing the right thing, which, in that sense, makes him very similar to a lot of the villains that we’ve had in the past. What is interesting about Kovar is he has a mix of intelligence and physical presence that we haven’t necessarily seen. He’s physically bigger than a lot of our villains that we’ve had in the past.”

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Once Upon a Time, Blacklist, Arrow and more | EW.com
Old 10-28-2016, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the scoop
Old 10-28-2016, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Mericle Calls Arrow's 100th Episode a 'Love Letter to the Show' - CBR

Old 10-28-2016, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

THANKS FOR that!
Old 10-28-2016, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Old 10-29-2016, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the video.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

“Arrow’s” Quentin Lance has had a pretty rough go of things over the past five seasons. First, he believed his daughter Sara died when she went down with the Queens’ ship, only for her to return to him as an assassin — and die soon after that. Through the power of the Lazarus Pit and some Constantine magic, she came back to life, just in time for her sister Laurel to die at Damien Darhk’s hand. Now, Sara is off on a journey through time, looking to exact revenge on Darhk, and Quentin has been left alone to dwell ever since.

As such, Quentin has hit the bottle again, but Thea Queen hopes to put a stop to that. At the celebration of “Arrow’s” 100th episode, Paul Blackthorne — who plays Quentin — told CBR that Thea’s offer of help will lead the two to develop a father/daughter relationship as the season moves forward.

Arrow: Lance & Thea Will Develop a Father/Daughter Dynamic - CBR

EDIT

EDITx2

Last edited by backstreetboysfan; 10-30-2016 at 04:53 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread