Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2014, 02:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
Canary has a device cause she isn't Black Canary. Flash was introduced opening the doors for meta humans.
Actually, in an interview Marc. Guggenheim gave he said they were planning on keeping Arrow less super powered
Quote:
Many fans have expressed concern or downright confusion over the matter, however, pointing at ‘Arrow’s’ “no powers” edict. One would assume that that rule has been at the very least relaxed to accommodate The Flash and potentially other characters. But Guggenheim assures viewers that the tone of ‘Arrow’ will not change with the introduction of super powers and even, rather boldly invokes DC’s biggest competitor Marvel as an analogy. "I think a lot of people are justified in asking ‘What does this mean for Arrow in terms of its tone?’ And my answer is that the trick that we have – and this is a challenge we’ve discusses a lot and have an awareness of how to face it head on – is the fact that ‘Arrow’ is like ‘Iron Man’ where ‘The Flash’ will be ‘The Hulk.’ And just as ‘The Hulk’ coming out did not change the tone of the Iron Man movies, ‘The Flash’ will not change the tone of ‘Arrow.’ We’re very cognizant of what ‘Arrow’ is all about, and I think the Marvel movies demonstrate that each piece of a universe can have its own feel. ‘Thor’ is consistent with the tone of Thor while ‘Captain America’ is consistent with the tone of Captain America’s character. ‘Arrow’s’ tone will remain consistent much in the same way, and we are looking forward to expanding our canvass a bit. And judging from the announcement, I think the fans are looking forward to it as well.”
They may still have super powered characters, but I don't think that is a given on Arrow whereas on Flash it is built into the story.

Last edited by DorothyRules; 08-31-2014 at 02:30 PM
Old 08-31-2014, 02:34 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorothyRules (View Post)
Actually, in an interview Marc. Guggenheim gave he said they were planning on keeping Arrow less super powered

They may still have super powered characters, but it's far from a certainty.
I don't expect them to start bringing in people with powers in every episode, I'm focused on the character of Laurel. Thats one character. The sonic scream is a must. One of the main things that define BC as a character. They introduced meta humans to the story in which one of the main characters eventually becomes.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I don't expect them to start bringing in people with powers in every episode, I'm focused on the character of Laurel. Thats one character. The sonic scream is a must. One of the main things that define BC as a character. They introduced meta humans to the story in which one of the main characters eventually becomes.
Sorry, but I don't see how the sonic scream is in any way a must since they've shown that they can do without it. And yes, they introduced meta humans, but that doesn't mean that every character who was a meta human in the comics will become a meta human on the show, as they are different platforms (which the EPs themselves have mentioned many times).
This is just my opinion.
And as you've told other posters before, that's YOUR OPINION.
Agree to disagree.

Moving on, SA finally posted the promo on his Twitter. I heard his panel was well received at FanExpo today. Good for him!

Last edited by DorothyRules; 08-31-2014 at 03:00 PM
Old 08-31-2014, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

I love Lydia's Banshee scream in TW.

But i see what they were trying to do in 2x13 with Sara's cries.

Yeah I'm so excited!! Look at him!

The screams for Olicity
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)

The screams for Olicity
Look at him grin! Adorable!
Old 08-31-2014, 03:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Look at him grin! Adorable!
I know. Captain Amell!!
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.

Last edited by SuitUp; 08-31-2014 at 04:04 PM
Old 08-31-2014, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Stephen Amell Panel || Via (@kgregoriash - Twitter)
Picture: dgct2 (Twitter)

OLIVERDANT — Stephen Amell Panel || Via (@kgregoriash -...
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 08-31-2014, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

Take it offfff

Look at what our amazingly awesome Captain did

Oh Captain my Captain!
Philanthropist.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Take it offfff

Look at what our amazingly awesome Captain did

Oh Captain my Captain!
I just read "take it off" in John Barrowman's voice. And it was glorious!
Old 08-31-2014, 06:02 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Sorry, but I don't see how the sonic scream is in any way a must since they've shown that they can do without it. And yes, they introduced meta humans, but that doesn't mean that every character who was a meta human in the comics will become a meta human on the show, as they are different platforms (which the EPs themselves have mentioned many times).
This is just my opinion.
And as you've told other posters before, that's YOUR OPINION.
Agree to disagree.

Moving on, SA finally posted the promo on his Twitter. I heard his panel was well received at FanExpo today. Good for him!
Can do without it? Um there has been no reason for the canary cry cause Laurel isnr BC yet. Never said my opinion was right now did I? I was stating how I felt. When the EP confirm that the actual BC won't be getting the canary cry then I'll think differently.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Can do without it? Um there has been no reason for the canary cry cause Laurel isnr BC yet. Never said my opinion was right now did I? I was stating how I felt. When the EP confirm that the actual BC won't be getting the canary cry then I'll think differently.
And like I said, agree to disagree

Look, if you really want to keep going PM me. Otherwise, we should move on.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Does anyone know where I can catch up on Season 2 or would I just need to get the dvd to do that?
Old 08-31-2014, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Twilighter Tee♥ (View Post)
Does anyone know where I can catch up on Season 2 or would I just need to get the dvd to do that?
Do you have Netflix? It'll come out on streaming on 9/14 (I think?).
Old 08-31-2014, 06:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

The screams for Olicity
Yeah the Expo was awesome! SA is awesome!

The crowd reaction to Olicity. It's just awesome because the online presence is so vast, sometimes people can say that's the internet even though it's not lol. But then you get AIS ASS-IN-SEATS! People purchasing the tickets, buying merchadise.

I'm always overwhelmed and so stoked by the response every Con, every Expo!
Brava!

This season will be awesome. Of course because of Olicity but there's just SOOOO many juicy things. Malcolm, Ra al Ghul, Thea badass Queen, Felicity, Diggle + ARGUS. And what I am most loving Oliver's hero journey through this season!

I just love it!

As for Sara, yeah they've tried to do their interpretation of the Canary cry. i loved her Canary cry in Heir to the Demon. It was raw.

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 08-31-2014, 06:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Twilighter Tee♥ (View Post)
It's also on Amazon Prime for free if you have Prime. Well not free because you have to pay for Prime
Closed Thread   Post New Thread