Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2014, 06:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ72389 (View Post)
I try not to look too much into what Katie being in tons of BTS photos means. It could mean anything. IMO, though, I'm betting it has more to do with the hate she receives from certain shippers than anything. Like, look at the comments of the picture Stephen posted of them earlier. "We want Olicity!" "Felicity is better!" "Tell her to eat a sandwich!" "Laurel sucks!" The best way for the cast and crew to combat is to show that they support Katie. Sorry to say, but the crazy Olicity shippers are going to ruin it for all of you. This is probably just the beginning of that.

I'm not here for it at all and feel like the main reason people want it so bad is because it keeps her out of the Arrow Cave, tbh. And, if that's the case, there's other ways to keep her out of the cave. Just have her set-up shop in the Startling City Clock Tower and work from there.

Laurel going bad is just out of character. Since day one, and it's been true no matter what she's gone through, Laurel wants to help people. So, her suddenly being a villain makes no sense. That's not who she is.

I agree, Katie's best in that kind of role, but I don't want Laurel to be Ruby 3.0. I'm okay with her being a bit darker and rougher after he experiences, but I don't want her to be another The Huntress. I want her to still be compassionate and eager to help people, but I think she should also have a bit of an edge. They should have a little fun with her.

Instead of her being evil, they should take those members of Team Arrow that people don't want and give them to Laurel, tbh. Have her take Sin under her wings after Sara dies. Have Roy get a heroin addiction and Oliver tell him to get out. Then have Laurel help him get through it. Have Thea become Speedy and have Oliver be against it. Then have Laurel be the one who works with her so she doesn't get herself killed. Have Laurel help Helena redeem herself. That's more in-line with who Laurel is. When people are at their worst, she sees they can be better and wants to help.

Personally I think the cave is too full right now as it is! , but thats not the reason for me that I like the evil route. Honestly, this stems back to S1 for me. From Episode 1 she just felt off, I wasn’t really a fan of her scenes, until she started having more scenes with Tommy. I even looked her up to see what she was in previously trying to find WHY I didn’t like her scenes (was it the actress, the writing?). I saw she was Ruby in Supernatural and was shocked, but knew there were a few so I got on Netflix and SHOCKER it was the Ruby I really liked!

Try as I might though I was NOT able to care for her outside of her scenes with Tommy and Quinten. I was indifferent really and it never had to do with shipping. I joined here in November and THAT's when I really started liking O/F as a couple and by then I was even more indifferent to Laurel (if that's possible!). It wasn't until they started making her angry and yelling that it clicked for me — Make her EVIL. That WORKS for me!

But the point you make about making her a darker BC with edge may work. Am curious to see WHAT they do. The guy on the After Arrow Show shockingly liked her this last episode and he has never liked her, so maybe there's hope

I do hope they don't kill Sara though. Limited recurring yes, kill no.

Thanks for your input! I was just curious.
Kreisberg responded, “One of the most important lessons that I’ve learned from working with Greg Berlanti, whose obviously had such amazing success in television, is to always have a really great plan, and then always know when to let the plan go.”In response to the unexpected addition of Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards)
Old 03-21-2014, 06:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Hmm, Katie's working with a personal trainer. I wonder why?
Don't most actors work with a personal trainer to keep fit?

If you showed a picture of her with a martial arts trainer, like Sarah Michelle Gellar (as Buffy) had a tae kwon do trainer...then I'd think it would mean something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluv2fly (View Post)
But the point you make about making her a darker BC with edge may work. Am curious to see WHAT they do. The guy on the After Arrow Show shockingly liked her this last episode and he has never liked her, so maybe there's hope

I do hope they don't kill Sara though. Limited recurring yes, kill no.

Thanks for your input! I was just curious.
Wait...isn't Sara a "dark" enough for BC, as it is? If I remember clearly, it was implied heavily that she assisted Ivo in his experiments. That is not for those with light stomachs. This is a person who is fairly unmoved by things. Then she was a trained LoA assassin. Unless Laurel becomes possessed by Satan, then I don't see how anyone can beat that?

Personally for me...no one else can beat Sara as BC. They can have Canary who's evilly twisted like Huntress...but at which point; she's not so much evil as it she is deranged.

But I don't see a darker BC with edge makes sense? I need a definition...and then have that definition compared to who Sara is.

I do agree..I love Sara. I don't like the massive screen presence, mainly because of the really really painful acting. Otherwise, I think I would like her a lot. Also, I am tired of Lance drama. I'm just tired of the large Lance presence.

Last edited by vaberella; 03-21-2014 at 06:34 PM
Old 03-21-2014, 06:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Love the arrow after show, though i haven't watched it since httd because i haven't been that excited about anything since that ep. John is ddef a fan boy lol.

I just want to see SOMEONE go dark. Not a downward spiral, but DARK, like the huntress did, but then eventually be redeemed. The lance sisters are ripe for this after sara's some people aren't what they seem line. I kinda wanted to see it be Laurel too, because if Lance has died, who could blame her, given EVERYTHING. She could rock the dark.

Sara has a dark past. I suspect oliver's past may be even darker than we expected.Maybe he was a merc for Wallar or something for awhile, who knows. But i kind of what to see it happen, instead of being told it happens.

The Amd Roy have potential to go there too. But again SOMETHING has to give with the lance sisters. All that stuff sarah said on island about laurel s stealing Oliver away and people not being what they seem well eventually come back. I don't think the writers are so far gone that they would do that just because. One or the other of the sisters is going to seriously betray the other or oliver or Team Arrow or any combination of the above.

Sadly this show is on the CW and has some serious eyecandy. I think that has more to do with the idiot comments than anything else, personally. Those are childish comments. People need to grow up
Old 03-21-2014, 07:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaberella (View Post)
Don't most actors work with a personal trainer to keep fit?

If you showed a picture of her with a martial arts trainer, like Sarah Michelle Gellar (as Buffy) had a tae kwon do trainer...then I'd think it would mean something.

Wait...isn't Sara a "dark" enough for BC, as it is? If I remember clearly, it was implied heavily that she assisted Ivo in his experiments. That is not for those with light stomachs. This is a person who is fairly unmoved by things. Then she was a trained LoA assassin. Unless Laurel becomes possessed by Satan, then I don't see how anyone can beat that?

Personally for me...no one else can beat Sara as BC. They can have Canary who's evilly twisted like Huntress...but at which point; she's not so much evil as it she is deranged.

But I don't see a darker BC with edge makes sense? I need a definition...and then have that definition compared to who Sara is.

I do agree..I love Sara. I don't like the massive screen presence, mainly because of the really really painful acting. Otherwise, I think I would like her a lot. Also, I am tired of Lance drama. I'm just tired of the large Lance presence.
It's interesting you mention this because there was a quote that came through twitter from someone. The quote was from AK about BC, BUT THERE WAS NO SOURCE! That kills me. But the quote was saying how BC and GA are of a different moral fibre — she was trained by the LoA. And yes, the whole 'what DID she do on the boat' is very questionable. I do think she has an inner darkness we have yet to truly see.

Maybe she and the Huntress will go off together and rehabilitate each other, pull each other into the light and then come back and set up shop in the Clock Tower with Felicity coord all — I LIKE
Kreisberg responded, “One of the most important lessons that I’ve learned from working with Greg Berlanti, whose obviously had such amazing success in television, is to always have a really great plan, and then always know when to let the plan go.”In response to the unexpected addition of Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards)
Old 03-21-2014, 07:04 PM
Loyal Fan

This is Dinah Laurel Lance. The Black Canary.

There's so much more to her than just fighting. And, lbr, that's all Sara is. The woman in those comic panels? That's Laurel. The compassionate woman who wants to help people. Sara may be the "perfect" Black Canary on a superficial level, but where it really matters, she's not. Laurel is Black Canary in the ways it matters. The other stuff? The fighting and the costume? That's easily obtained. But actually pure desire to help people, that's what Laurel's had since the pilot. Sara is too selfish to ever be that way.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Tftnt
Old 03-21-2014, 07:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluv2fly (View Post)
It's interesting you mention this because there was a quote that came through twitter from someone. The quote was from AK about BC, BUT THERE WAS NO SOURCE! That kills me. But the quote was saying how BC and GA are of a different moral fibre — she was trained by the LoA. And yes, the whole 'what DID she do on the boat' is very questionable. I do think she has an inner darkness we have yet to truly see.

Maybe she and the Huntress will go off together and rehabilitate each other, pull each other into the light and then come back and set up shop in the Clock Tower with Felicity coord all — I LIKE
Dammit, i think i will have to watch bop not only for the O/S dialog mentioned on the last thread but also bc i want to hear who huntress says that dark line to.
I wonder if the two of them have a bonding moment. Maybe when the final battle comes nyssa and sara Can bail huntress out of jail and they can all run off together at the end of the finale.

Meh, yes comic book dinah and tv laurel are both sympathetic....but you still have to sell the super hero level fighting skills IN THIS VERSE and come up with a good reason and time frame for her to develop them.
And eta, i personally saw laurel last season as being a bit of a self righteous so gooder....and especially this season, when she first found out Sarah was alive. That was ugly. You can't say her reaction wasn't ugly....her sister came back from the dead and she couldn't be glad, not even a little at first. She was driven to help those that couldn't help themselves, but she was also bitter. A lot of the drive to help others seemed to have died with Tommy. If she is truly on the upswing, then this is laurel v3...
Old 03-21-2014, 07:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvtorun (View Post)
Meh, yes comic book dinah and tv laurel are both sympathetic....but you still have to sell the super hero level fighting skills IN THIS VERSE and come up with a good reason and time frame for her to develop them.
And eta, i personally saw laurel last season as being a bit of a self righteous so gooder....and especially this season, when she first found out Sarah was alive. That was ugly. You can't say her reaction wasn't ugly....her sister came back from the dead and she couldn't be glad, not even a little at first. She was driven to help those that couldn't help themselves, but she was also bitter. A lot of the drive to help others seemed to have died with Tommy. If she is truly on the upswing, then this is laurel v3...
Amen. The sisters hate each other. And they mistreated each other. It wasn't just on one side...both were mean and cruel to the other. If they have compassion...it doesn't seem to go to each other. Even I saw Sara's loyalty to Laurel as more a Lance loyalty to blood. Just as I found Laurel's advice to Oliver as superficial, trite and bizarre.

I will say that they show compassion to many others that are not each other. Which I will not deny.

Quote:
There's so much more to her than just fighting. And, lbr, that's all Sara is. The woman in those comic panels? That's Laurel. The compassionate woman who wants to help people. Sara may be the "perfect" Black Canary on a superficial level, but where it really matters, she's not. Laurel is Black Canary in the ways it matters. The other stuff? The fighting and the costume? That's easily obtained. But actually pure desire to help people, that's what Laurel's had since the pilot. Sara is too selfish to ever be that way.
Wait...so you are discrediting Sin and her father? A girl who looks at Sara as a sister. You are trying to tell me that, the fact that Sin sees Sara as a sister (where she was probably raised or sheltered in some way by Sara) as not being "compassionate."

Okay then...

The picture from Time of Death says otherwise.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:05 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't see how Sara is selfish, she's been out there protecting the city, her family, her friends. She cares about and takes care of Sin, is kind/compassionate to Felicity. She is a flawed character who makes mistakes but she's been shown to be a fundamentally good person who has done some bad things to survive but is finding her way out of the darkness.

I personally find her journey fascinating to watch, I like that we've gotten the before and middle bits, I view her time in Starling as the start of the after. This journey out of the darkness, towards being a hero has potential for great storytelling. I'm interested to see what they do with Helena/Sara, I think Sara will help Helena get on a good path and that will help Sara figure out the next step in her journey. I'm guessing that Helena/Sara will be portrayed as mirrors, Sara could have become Helena if she stayed with the LoA. Conversely, Sara can show Helena that there is a way out of the darkness.

I also suspect that Helena has a bit of a suicide by vigilante thing going on in this episode which will play into Sara's journey, realization that while she can kill, she won't do that anymore,. At least that's what I hope/think they'll do.

I've read and currently read the comics and both Dinah's are great but on the show, that's (IMO) Sara, not Laurel.

Last edited by DarkStar; 03-21-2014 at 08:20 PM
Old 03-21-2014, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Once again, STOP with the generalizations about other fan bases and their shippers. No one cares and I'm tired of reading about it.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 03-21-2014, 08:17 PM
Loyal Fan

And do you think Sara would have even bothered with Sin if it wasn't for meeting her father on the island? Like, I'm not saying Sara doesn't have her moments, but it's Laurel who instinctively wants to help people.

And it's really unfair to judge Laurel based on how she was acting during her time as a drug addict. Like, that was her rock bottom. Excuse her for not throwing Sara a party. I love that we can forgive Sara for the terrible thing she did to her sister, but Laurel's a bad person for being angry about it? Like, even after the the boat accident, Sara still disregards her sister to be with Oliver. Like, she's still the same, selfish Sara at heart.

Like, of course Laurel wasn't running around trying to save people while she was dealing with depression and addiction. Like, do you expect her to? She needed saving herself. Not to mention there was less focus on her job and she no longer worked for a non-profit. so that side wasn't being shown very often. Except when she went after Brother Blood.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
And do you think Sara would have even bothered with Sin if it wasn't for meeting her father on the island? Like, I'm not saying Sara doesn't have her moments, but it's Laurel who instinctively wants to help people.

And it's really unfair to judge Laurel based on how she was acting during her time as a drug addict. Like, that was her rock bottom. Excuse her for not throwing Sara a party. I love that we can forgive Sara for the terrible thing she did to her sister, but Laurel's a bad person for being angry about it? Like, even after the the boat accident, Sara still disregards her sister to be with Oliver. Like, she's still the same, selfish Sara at heart.

Like, of course Laurel wasn't running around trying to save people while she was dealing with depression and addiction. Like, do you expect her to? She needed saving herself. Not to mention there was less focus on her job and she no longer worked for a non-profit. so that side wasn't being shown very often. Except when she went after Brother Blood.
And if one sister wants to help people, then the other can't possibly want to help people. Its not mutually exclusive.

Darkstar, love what you said, that this is Sara's journey out of darkness. I think there are probably some things that need to be revealed to flesh out the rest of the darkness (thus the comments on the island). But yeah....love that thought. I really hope at some point we get to see more of sara's journey in flashback, and not as it pertains Oliver.

Eta: still trying to figure out where sara kept her wallet in outfit she is wearing in the pic vaberella posted

Last edited by iluvtorun; 03-21-2014 at 08:39 PM
Old 03-21-2014, 08:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvtorun (View Post)
And if one sister wants to help people, then the other can't possibly want to help people. Its not mutually exclusive.

Darkstar, love what you said, that this is Sara's journey out of darkness. I think there are probably some things that need to be revealed to flesh out the rest of the darkness (thus the comments on the island). But yeah....love that thought. I really hope at some point we get to see more of sara's journey in flashback, and not as it pertains Oliver.
Did you skip all the episodes that have aired since January?
Old 03-21-2014, 08:43 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm interested to see where Laurel goes from here. I think the reason she has gotten so much hate is because when you do a rock bottom story the viewers are just waiting to see what comes out of it. Like, we knew she would eventually get help it was just a matter of watching her spiral. IMO, it didn't fit with the rest of the stories they were telling so it got some backlash. Now that she's in the redemption phase I could actually see getting invested in her story again. As long as it's not working towards a relationship with Oliver again any time soon. That's not because I'm and Olicity fan. It's because Oliver treats her so awfully. She was supposed to be this great love of his, yet he now treats her like a pebble in his shoe that he can't get rid of.
And I wondered if I could come home"
icon:blonsl|♥Alyssa
Old 03-21-2014, 08:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Did you skip all the episodes that have aired since January?
Other than her shagging Oliver, what has she done to show otherwise. And yes, that had an ick factor. But i can understand it on some level. Which i am to tired to try and Swype it on my tablet tonight

Eta, yes squeegy!!! I go back to that halfway scene in 2x05. I swear to God if sara jadnt just shown up He would have totally tapped that vaberella is right, he sees the past version of both these women, as evidenced by his way overwhelming freak out over sara and slade. (And damn you autocorrect for doing shade every time i type s l a d e!!)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread