Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

Sailor Moon #5: Because someone needs to stand up to the negaverse.

Fanlisting:
1. ~+Yamiko (Sailor Phi)
2. oneflyCHICK (Usagi/Sailor Moon)
3. vc318
4. froggiepopple (Rei/Sailor Mars)
5. CSI:NY-4EVER
6. Bronson
7. Veiled Vesta (Ami/Sailor Mercury)
8. diavoletta89
9. Courtz_BV
10. bigkisses13
11. katbadtz
12. *~Sophia~*
13. Ambellina
14. Diagnol Zipper (Makoto/Sailor Jupiter)
15. *Max&Liz4ever* (Minako/Sailor Venus)
16. J.R. MacReady
17. ladyle
18. Nina.P
19. Pey 23
20. fresley4ever (Hotaru/Sailor Saturn)
21. lisagslack14
22. Kiss of Death
23. scififan2009 (Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask)
24. Leyton Love

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Are there any Sailor Moon DVDs available?
The American distributors ADV (Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon R) and Pioneer Entertainment (now renamed Geneon Entertainment who distributed S and SuperS) had their license expired in 2004/2005 so it's not likely that you will see DVDs in any store. Your best bet will be either online or in local stores. However, local stores sometimes may carry bootlegged copies so ask your local retailers if you come across any. For international distributors outside of the US, this could vary.

Is SailorStars (5th season of SM) ever going to be dubbed/released on DVD?
In English? No. Toei (the company in Japan that deals with Sailor Moon) does not intend to dub the StarS season nor release it on DVD to the US. However, they have dubbed and aired it in countries outside of the US such as the Philippines, Germany, Portugal, Russia, etc. Episodes can be found on YouTube and you can purchase the DVD on online sites such as eBay. This may vary in countries outside of the US.

What is PGSM?
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon. It was a live action series that was aired in Japan in 2003, which lasted for one season. It kind of differs from both the manga and anime series, though it has its own similarities. Kirari-PGSM.net is a good source for your information. Just as the SailorStarS season as well as the Musicals, PGSM will not be dubbed in to the English version, nor be Americanized. However, you can find the DVD set online if possible.

Musicals??
Yes, there has been a musical that ran from 1993 to 2005 in Japan only. Currently, they are on a hiatus and it's not known when they will perform again, if any. To find out more information, visit the Sera Myu site at the link list below. Or you can just YouTube "Sera Myu" and you'll find many clips.

Websites:
*SM Uncensored.com
*Sailor Moon-Wikipedia
*Eternal Sailor Moon.org
*Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon
(The Oracle: BSSM Encyclopedia
*YouTube Sailor Moon Clips/Episodes
*Kirari-PGSM.net (live action series)
*Sera Myu (Sailor Moon Musicals)
Anything to add on the first post, please let me know and I'll consider it

Last edited by Lain; 08-17-2010 at 05:27 AM
Old 04-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

Oh they did... They just should not have done it. It ruined some of the great things about the show. Thus why I love my subbed copy.

What was your favorite Sailor Moon villain?

I would have to say mine was Rubeus. Call me weird but I really liked him.

Quote:
Rubeus was okay (I don't remember too much from the R season).

I guess villain wise, it's a toss up between Galaxia, Mistress Nine, and Nephlite.
Quote:
I liked when they turned Endymion into a villain.
I liked all of those villains too. I thought the Black Moon was a good set of villains for the show. Though I didn't like Emerald or Wiseman.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

I think I remember Wiseman. Wow, it's been that long.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Just noticing something about the villains. Aside from the monsters, it always seemed as though Sailor Moon rarely ever killed a villain directly.

Most of them either fell on their own sword, got done in by their own, or were healed and redeemed.

Quote:
I liked all of those villains too. I thought the Black Moon was a good set of villains for the show.
I liked the whole set up with them being from the future, and the whole revelation with Crystal Tokyo.

Last edited by scififan2009; 04-20-2010 at 08:26 PM
Old 04-20-2010, 08:47 PM
Elite Fan

I really like that too. It was so interesting and cool looking.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

New thread!

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
Old 04-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

Yep... Hey would you guys like to add a reasons list?
Old 04-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Elite Fan

Hmm...I don't know. Only because I don't want the opening to be cluttered and that I was hoping this could be a discussion thread where we could discuss the good and bad rather than just be another ordinary appreciation thread. Aside from the fan listing where we get the fun of choosing what character we want to be for the hell of it.

That's just me. I guess it's because I've seen too many appreciation threads that seem to be just too giddy.

Anyway...
Old 04-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

Oh... Never mind then I guess it doesn't make sense for this thread then.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know, that's just my opinion on appreciation threads in general. It's debatable.

I guess it's also because we tend to have both critical and praises for the series (and it's not only limiting to couple characters ). Maybe in the future, probably. Hopefully during my summer break, I could work on fixing the opening post.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

I was just saying because I like making OP's. I just figured since I had the first post for once.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

That's a first...never really saw the whole who ever starts a new thread gets to add other stuff to the first post (aside from the whole name thing when it comes to the appreciation threads). Hmm...

Maybe we can all collaborate to what we could possibly add to the opening? I had always said that the opening post needed a little fixing. It's just the possible clutter I'm worried about.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

Speaking of the OP. Can I be added to the fanlisting, please?

Last edited by scififan2009; 04-21-2010 at 07:49 PM
Old 04-21-2010, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

Sure. Any character you want to take up while you're there? (See the list to know what I'm talking about).
Old 04-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

I guess I'll be Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask, since he's not taken.