Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2004, 06:13 AM
Total Fan

Nice to start early. Welcome! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2004, 06:26 AM
Extreme Fan

How I got into comics? Easy. Blame Smallville. And my cousin's Sandman collection.
LolaRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 08:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady_Amabel:
<STRONG>I first got into comics when i was five years old and i was at the local fair. My mother had just bought me a showbag and in it was an Archie comic, when i read those first pages i fell in love. now i read everything from manga to x-men</STRONG>
Hello there. Welcome to the board [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I loved me some Archie comics too. My dad had all sorts of Pep Comics, Betty and Veronica, and Archie comics, and I loved them all. Even if I wasn't supposed to be messing with his comics... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2004, 08:56 AM
Total Fan

Sandman is phenomenal; I got into it years after starting up with comics, but it still changed the way I perceive fantasy forever.

Never big on Archie, though I did like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles digests released by the same company.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

i got into comics when i saw a flyer for a nightclub i frequented with a picture from the sandman on. the chap who made the flyer lend me his collected sandman books (there were 4 out at the time). i was keen on x-men for a bit having seen the animated series. then i got into preacher when my husband brought home one of the colected volumes. i have just started on the collected usagi yojimbo books, my husband having discovered him whilst looking on the net for samurai rabbits (as you do) and brought me the first book. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2004, 03:46 PM
Elite Fan

Hey there Blackfaith. Welcome to the board! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

You know, I haven't read any of the books you mentioned. I always mean to get around to reading Usagi Yojimbo (cause who doesn't like a samurai rabbit?) and Sandman, but I have never done it. Preacher has never sounded that interesting to me, and I didn't really like the first issue (the only one I've read).
Old 04-07-2004, 01:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

~*Hi! First time posting in here. I bought my first comic at 7. It was an Archie comic and I was hooked. When I was 17 I got engaged to a guy who was a gamer and when he would go to the Comic book store to get his gaming supplies I would check out the comics. I started reading New Mutants and Cloak & Dagger. I became hooked on Marvel. After we broke up it was hard for me to keep up with them because there was no cmic book stores near by. I did keep up with Archie and his gang because it was fun easy reading. I met my husband who is a huge Comic addict! We buy a good amount and I am addicted again. I read all the Ultimate books,Fables,Batman and Powers. I used to read Alias as well. As for TV Series comics I read Buffy(Sad it's gone!) and Angel. I wouldn't mind reading The Alias TV series comics or CSI.

~*LoVe,GeekLove,Pacey&Joey,Carly&Jason,Brooke&Mouth,
Betty&Daniel,George&Izzie,Lyla&Jason,Spuffy,Bones&Boothe, Team Karen
Craig&Ashley's hallway scene The Ghost in the Machine Marco&Dylan's kiss King Of Pain Ending scene Butterflied
SydneySummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:10 AM
Total Fan

Welcome, Blackfaith/Sydney! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2004, 11:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Crow:
<STRONG>
You know, I haven't read any of the books you mentioned. I always mean to get around to reading Usagi Yojimbo (cause who doesn't like a samurai rabbit?) and Sandman, but I have never done it. Preacher has never sounded that interesting to me, and I didn't really like the first issue (the only one I've read).</STRONG>
thanks for your welcomes [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] usagi yojimbo is great. i read an ep each night before i go to sleep. helps me get to sleep (in a good way). through i do dream about swords rather often.... preacher is way better than the premise would suggest. i picked it up over half way through and was hooked. i'd recommend doing it that way [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]as for sandman, well i never bothered to read the books after the first 4 collected editions. i feel a little old for that kind of thing now er though not too old for bunnies it seems lol.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SydneySummers:
<STRONG>~*Hi! First time posting in here. I bought my first comic at 7. It was an Archie comic and I was hooked. When I was 17 I got engaged to a guy who was a gamer and when he would go to the Comic book store to get his gaming supplies I would check out the comics. I started reading New Mutants and Cloak & Dagger. I became hooked on Marvel. After we broke up it was hard for me to keep up with them because there was no cmic book stores near by. I did keep up with Archie and his gang because it was fun easy reading. I met my husband who is a huge Comic addict! We buy a good amount and I am addicted again. I read all the Ultimate books,Fables,Batman and Powers. I used to read Alias as well. As for TV Series comics I read Buffy(Sad it's gone!) and Angel. I wouldn't mind reading The Alias TV series comics or CSI.</STRONG>

Hey there Sydney. Welcome to the board. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

New Mutants and Cloak and Dagger. Those are some comics after my own heart. I used to love me some Cloak and Dagger when I was younger...too bad my dad's comics got thrown away or I'd still be reading them.

I'm also an Alias fan. I stay a season behind because I don't get ABC, but I have seen the first two seasons. I've never read the comics though.
Old 04-07-2004, 04:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackfaith:
<STRONG>thanks for your welcomes [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] usagi yojimbo is great. i read an ep each night before i go to sleep. helps me get to sleep (in a good way). through i do dream about swords rather often.... preacher is way better than the premise would suggest. i picked it up over half way through and was hooked. i'd recommend doing it that way [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]as for sandman, well i never bothered to read the books after the first 4 collected editions. i feel a little old for that kind of thing now er though not too old for bunnies it seems lol.</STRONG>
I don't think that anyone is ever too old for bunnies. Especially bunnies with samurai swords. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Total Fan

Sandman is comic royalty, regardless of age or other factors! Must, must read. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Been meaning to get into Preacher (and Hitman), but will probably wait a few years and buy the entire run at a time.

Have the Alias TV series-to-comics issues even come out yet?
Old 04-07-2004, 10:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

~*Thanks for the welcome! I should have my hubby post in here! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I read in Wizard that they have Alias TV comics. I am a huge fan of the show.
I used to read Marvel's Alias comics. They were really good but they decided to change the comic's focus. It now has a different name is I guess the same but different. I actually don't know if issue one has been released.

~*LoVe,GeekLove,Pacey&Joey,Carly&Jason,Brooke&Mouth,
Betty&Daniel,George&Izzie,Lyla&Jason,Spuffy,Bones&Boothe, Team Karen
Craig&Ashley's hallway scene The Ghost in the Machine Marco&Dylan's kiss King Of Pain Ending scene Butterflied
SydneySummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 06:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Crow:
<STRONG>

I don't think that anyone is ever too old for bunnies. Especially bunnies with samurai swords. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Amen to that! Usagi Yojimbo is so entertaining- its very funny as well as having excellent storylines.

Headhunter: i agree re: Sandman- its worth getting for the Dave McKean covers alone.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

As I've said before...I've got all the Sandman books in my wishlist at Amazon. Got all the ALan Moore Swamp Things on there too. Now it's just a matter of getting around to actually ordering some of them. (Oh, and a small matter of actually having the money too. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])