Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2021, 11:13 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

i think so. space cowboy genre is doable in live-action. sure it was flawed but i'm glad they took the challenge. it wasn't all bad.
MsPerfectionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 02:30 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Well, there is at least 1 petition to save this ''Cowboy Bebop'' series from its cancellation. Hope that goes well.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 10:34 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

ohhh really? where did u see it?
Old 12-20-2021, 02:18 PM

Just if you search for ''Cowboy Bebop'' online it comes up. The Comic Book Resources site is where I first found out about it.
Old 12-20-2021, 10:31 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

petition signed
Old 12-21-2021, 07:43 PM

All right. Great. Hope that it does well, though some don't want it to return as a Live Action show.
Old 12-21-2021, 10:43 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

we'll see what happens. Netflix sometimes listens to the audience and reverse their decision.
Old 12-22-2021, 04:38 PM

Do you have an example of them doing that?
Old 12-22-2021, 09:53 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

sense8
Old 12-23-2021, 02:29 PM

Oh. Interesting. I did not know that. I haven't seen a lot at this time of ''Sense8''.
Old 12-23-2021, 10:21 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

sense8 is the most inclusive show by Netflix with great story about human connection and great action. i've rewatched it several times. it's a must-watch to me
Old 12-27-2021, 11:35 PM

OK. Great. Looks like I'm going to have some time to watch Anime this week, so I'll try to watch "Cowboy Bebop".
Old 12-28-2021, 07:15 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I watched Sense8 and really liked it. I didn't realize that they reversed their cancellation decision. Hope this means there are lots of new eps waiting on me.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 10:31 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

yes and no.

yes they reversed the cancellation (after petitions by fans) by green-lighting the 2-hours series finale special.

no there won't be any new episodes.
Old 12-29-2021, 04:45 PM

I came across the following: 82,000 People Are Demanding Netflix Un-Cancel This Show

A petition aimed at Netflix has nearly 83,000 signatures at the time of this writing asking the streamer to un-cancel its live-action adaptation of Cowboy Bebop. The show was canceled shortly after its premiere last month due to poor reviews, but many seem to think it deserves a second chance. Rather than giving up on the franchise altogether, petitioners want Netflix to raise the budget and try again.

User Ryan Proffer started the petition on Change.org, writing: "For those people who want a second [season] (or more) of the live-action Cowboy Bebop. It wasn't a direct copy of the anime but the world they put together was amazing and deserves a second season." Proffer has raised the goal over the last two weeks as signatures on the petition pile up. In the comments, many people remarked on how they felt about the live-action show. Many felt that the criticism was overblown, while others felt that Netflix owed this acclaimed franchise another try even if they did agree with the criticisms.

"While it wasn't perfect, it was still a fun show and entertaining on its own merits," one fan wrote. "I would love to see a Season 2 for the show to grow and evolve. I love Umbrella Academy on Netflix, but that second season evolved the show into something amazing. If Bebop could only get that chance to evolve like UA did, I will be happy..."

"Let them at least finish off the series, the show only needed to be 2 seasons. It's a disservice to the people who did enjoy it," added another. A third fan wrote: "The show has its own charms and should not be canceled just because a bunch of people who love the anime, which I am one of those people, decided that no matter how good or how well the show tried to do they were going to hate it anyway. I think the show should be given a second chance since it only had one season to show that it can encapsulate what makes cowboy bebop such an enjoyable ride and I don't think one season would have been able to do so."

Cowboy Bebop was originally a Japanese anime series created by a production team referred to collectively by the pen name Hajime Yatate. It is a sci-fi neo-noir set in the near future, at a time when humanity has colonized most of the solar system but left Earth uninhabitable. It follows a crew of bounty hunters trying to escape their troubled pasts and eke out a living in this scattered, lonely new world.
0comments

The original Cowboy Bebop anime and its new live-action adaptation are both streaming now on Netflix. So far, Netflix has not responded to the petition for more new episodes

https://popculture.com/streaming/new...-cowboy-bebop/
Reply   Post New Thread