Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2015, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

DC Entertainment Boss Explains Why They Keep Movies And TV Separate | Comicbook.com
Quote:
Fans of DC Entertainment and its characters have wondered why the company seems intent on keeping its movie and various TV universes separated, especially when Marvel has had so much success with the “it’s all connected” approach.

Speaking to Variety at an industry summit, DC head Diane Nelson explained that they keep these series and universes separate to allow for the greatest possible amount of creative freedom for the talents involved in making them, pointing out that the strategy has allowed for shows like Gotham and Supergirl to have completely different tones.

“We’re so talent driven,” Nelson said, adding that focusing on keeping everything in a single continuity “could end up handcuffing our creators into trying to work with the same storyline or force them to hold back characters or introduce certain characters. Ultimately it hinders the ability for someone like (showrunner) Bruno Heller to come in and create Gotham.”
Old 09-18-2015, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Rumor news
{Exclusive} Warner Bros. Developing Booster Gold/Blue Beetle Movie With Greg Berlanti Helming | The Tracking Board

Quote:
Booster Gold and Blue Beetle, two DC Comics superheros that have long been rumored to appear in either an upcoming film or TV show, are now being groomed for a team-up feature from Warner Bros. Sources exclusive to The Tracking Board can now confirm that Greg Berlanti, the force behind the successful DC comics TV series Arrow and The Flash, will be heavily involved with this one, set to direct and executive produce. Sarah Schechter will also executive produce, while Julia Spiro will oversee for the studio.

In a massively different approach from Warner’s current slate, the film will team the two heroes together in what’s being pitched as a superhero buddy cop movie. Comedy is the emphasis here, which is a stark contrast to the other titles in DC’s Cinematic Universe, breaking the mold of the uber serious and grounded Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Another rumor: Zak Penn (X2, Avengers) is writing the script.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:27 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Thanks for the news.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Supergirl: First Look at Red Tornado | Comicbook.com

Quote:
In what way Goldberg will play both Morrow and the Red Tornado isn't clear. While the character has often been imbued with the personality of a human in the comics, Morrow isn't Red Tornado, just the android's inventor. He's also evil, while Red Tornado is a hero and longtime Justice League member. (Red Tornado also served as a mentor to Young Justice when that team first assembled under the pen of longtime Supergirl writer Peter David.)

It's possible that an accident could fuse the two, accounting for Red Tornado's deviant behavior. We had previous speculated that Morrow could have built the android based on himself and Goldberg would be doing only voice work for the android, but acting as Morrow physically...but this photo seems to show otherwise.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:04 PM

Interesting. Cool costume. I never read the Young Justice comics, but curious to see how he does on this show.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

New Comic Anthology by John Carpenter Will Give You Nightmares This Halloween - Dread Central
Old 10-28-2015, 03:33 PM

That's awesome! Thanks for the link.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the link, I need to see that
Old 11-16-2015, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ezra Miller on how his The Flash will differ from The CW's version | EW.com
Quote:
“Well, [first] it’s going to be a movie,” he said. “I’d like for it to be an exploration of a human being, a multi-dimensional human being, to speak.” Miller pauses. “Wow, I just made such a pun, without meaning to!” he says, referring to The Flash’s parallel universe storyline in the comics. Miller continues: “I’d like the character to have many dimensions. But really, I’d like him to have the usual dimensions we know and love, and then some extra ones that are part of the amazing consideration of this superhero. I hope to realize him as a person, and I think what’s most exciting for me in superhero mythologies is when we feel the humanity of someone who is heroic — or the heroism of someone who is a flawed, deeply human person.”
Old 11-16-2015, 04:09 PM

Interesting. I'm not a huge fan of The Flash, but this film seems like it'll be good.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've been liking the Flash in terms of the CW series. I got hooked on the character.

The Flash movie should be interesting.
Emma♥Neal
Old 11-19-2015, 04:24 PM

So have you read much of The Flash comics?
Old 11-22-2015, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for all the news links and articles.

Interesting read for sure.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

BREAKING: Big CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Surprise Confirmed To Air On JIMMY KIMMEL Tonight!

https://twitter.com/SuperheroFeed/st...erp|twgr^tweet
Old 12-12-2015, 04:25 AM
Elite Fan

I personally find this to be awesome.

ROM the Space Knight Is Returning To Comics!