Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Wonder Woman - Because We're Excited to See Gail Gadot as Wonder Woman!

Hey everyone. It has been posted on many internet site, that DC is making a Wonder Woman film. This doesn't really suprise me since comic book movies are very popular now a days. A new Batman is coming out in June, and a new Superman is also being made, so it's natural that a Wonder Woman movie will be made as well. It looks as though Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel creator Joss Whedon will be directing the film. Personally I can't wait. I really enjoy super hero films, and I used to like Wonder Woman as a little girl. Plus I'm also a Joss Whedon fan so that's kinda the cherry on top.

I heard they have been considering different women to play the part. Joss Whedon had Jessica Biel in mind (which doesn't mean she'll definately get the part, but she's being considered). TV Guide . com also has a poll going of who people would like to see as Wonder Woman. The following people are on the poll:

Angelina Jolie
Charisma Carpenter
Eliza Dushku
Evangeline Lily
Jennifer Garner
Jessica Alba
Lauren Graham
Lucy Lui
Lucy Lawless
Salma Hayek
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Uma Thurman
Vivica A. Fox

Personally I really like Eliza Dushku, Charisma Carpenter, Lucy Lawless, or an unlisted Erica Durance for the part. Other choices who aren't bad are Lauren Graham, Jessica Alba, and an unlisted Rachel Bilson.

I love a lot of the other actresses listed, but I see the people I listed above more for the part. Anybody else have an opinions?

I'm really looking forward to this movie, and we can discuss it and all the possibilites that we can look forward to. Can't wait till they make some casting decisions and start filming and stuff.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:34 PM
Loyal Fan

I doubt Jennifer Garner would play Wonder woman since she played Electra. I wouldnt mind seeing Charisma Carpenter or Jessica Alba as Wonder woman.

Ben: This is something no one's ever heard about, and no one's ever seen before. This is hell on earth. -NOTLD
-John-
Old 03-20-2005, 08:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Yea I agree about Jenifer Garner. She probably wouldn't want to get type cast too. Plus as much as I love her, I don't really see her too much as Wonder Woman. But yea i agree about charisma.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Well, Rachel Bilson looked good as Wonder Woman in The OC....

Rachel actually fit how I imagine Wonder Woman would be like more than the people on the list.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Actually I would have to agree with you quarterley. I forgot about Rachel Bilson wearing that wonder woman outfit

Ben: This is something no one's ever heard about, and no one's ever seen before. This is hell on earth. -NOTLD
-John-
Old 03-20-2005, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

lol I can see Rachel Bilson as Wonder woman too, lol
My LJ
Old 03-21-2005, 09:45 AM
Master Fan

I could see Angie Harmon (actress from Law & Order) doing Wonder Woman. Out of that list thought I would mind seeing Angelina Jolie do it.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I could totally picture Angie Harmon as well.
Rachel Bilson and Lauren Graham are my top contenders for now. Don't ask.

~ Carla
Old 03-21-2005, 04:32 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm glad to see a lot of people are interested in Wonder Woman as well. A lot of you seem to like Rachel a lot for the part, and as I mentioned in my first post, I could see her playing it. There are a lot of good choices, I still like Eliza, Charisma, Lucy Lawless, Erica Durance, Lauren Graham, Rachel Bilson, and Jessica Alba as I mentioned in my first post, but I love hearing what everyone else has to say and suggest. Let's keep this going, I can't wait for a Wonder Woman movie.

At out the 7 I had picked though, Jessica ALba is fading a lil bit. I still could see the possibility but not as much as my other choices.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Part of the casting will also depend on what kind of Wonder Woman they want this time as well. This includes age and height as the comic character is an Amazonian (aka tall) woman in her 30s, maybe early 40s if we push it.

Charleze Therone fits the bill for height. So does Uman Thurman.

If they want a more petite and younger "woman of the millennia" then you've got Jessica Alba, Eliza Dushku and other, more average (some are really short) women to choose from.

I don't have any personal picks right now.

However, from that list, Salma Hyeck, Vivica A. Fox and Lucy Lui won't even be seriously considered because Wonder Woman is Caucasian and if they change the character too much... Race being a major change you can't just ignore... Then it won't go over well with fans of the comic as well as the casual fan whom all comic book movies are also aimed at.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by H O T Spike_Angel
At out the 7 I had picked though, Jessica ALba is fading a lil bit. I still could see the possibility but not as much as my other choices.
I think the reason Jessica Alba isn't good for the part is not a physical but more of a personality thing. She just doesn't seem like the super hero kind. I don't think she likes it and I doubt she'd want to do it. I love her role in Sin City, to me it's very fitting of her. I think Wonder Woman has to be quirkier, so yeah.

And the more I think about it, the more I see Angie Harmon in the role. She looks it. See a picture here.

~ Carla
Old 03-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

I just heard about this. I don't really know a whole lot about the Wonder Woman story, but I usually look to movies to educate me a little.

From the picture that denrito linked to, Angie Harmon would make a good Wonder Woman. And actually, Lauren Graham kind of has the look too IMO.

LJ
Old 03-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Master Fan

I agree Lauren Graham would be a good choice. I am sticking to my choice that Angie Harmon would be a good picture. She has that image and all.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:03 AM
New Fan

I guess Lauren Graham is a good choice. She even looks like the Justice League cartoon's Wonder Woman

Clois Skate Candy Rommy
Old 03-22-2005, 10:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, right now it's tied between Angie and Lauren as far as I'm concerned.
Is there any other suggestion for who could play the part?

~ Carla
Closed Thread   Post New Thread