Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

What was the last movie you saw, with your thoughts on the film? (NO LISTS)

Always Remember:

Quote:
1. If you want to talk about the ending of a new movie, you must do so in a Spoilers Thread. The thread has to have the word "spoiler" somewhere in its title (for example, "The Others - Spoilers Thread"). Do not post spoilers in unmarked threads.
In here there are no Spoilers allowed.

--- --- --- --- ---

Let the posting begin!
Old 04-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

no sinning in the city for me this weekend....i can do that any day of the week......today i saw 'watermarks'....a documentary about a jewish women's swim team....well worth seeing for it's historical value about a little known sports organization...

snyopsis...

In the stirring documentary ``Watermarks,'' a champion Jewish women's swim team from the 1930s reunites.

Proudly proclaiming their Jewish heritage and sporting Star of David badges on their modest, one-piece swimsuits, these women appear in archival footage and in photos and souvenirs. Individually and collectively, they were the stars of the legendary Jewish Hakoah Vienna Sport Club in pre-Nazi Austria.

Hakoah (which means ``the strength'' in Hebrew) was founded in response to a 1909 ban on Jewish members in Austrian sports clubs. Hakoah Vienna went on to become one of the largest, most successful sports organizations in the country. The women's swim team especially dominated its sport in the 1930s.

Old 04-03-2005, 03:12 AM
Absolute Fan

hating alison ashley

it was a good movie

but delta is an awful actress
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
Old 04-03-2005, 03:19 AM
Addicted Fan

Shrek 2 So cute and fun!
Old 04-03-2005, 06:24 AM
Elite Fan

Sin City - Awesome movie, everyone played their roles great, kept you interested the whole time. Definately a DVD pick up.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:08 PM
Master Fan

Twister -- fairly predictable and cliche, yet a somewhat creative plot (if that makes sense). Good acting, of course, from Bill Paxton & Helen Hunt.

**Actress^Animal Lover^Flutist^Writer**
Old 04-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

From a while back, Ring 2: It was pretty funny at times.
Sin City: Very cool film noir.

Sasha
Old 04-03-2005, 10:44 PM
New Fan

A CINDERELLA STORY
this movie is so cool. i luv it. i watched it twice in two days.its so romantic. and sweet.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Harry Potter And the Philosopher's Stone - I didn't find it that special but there were some cool special effects and the three main actors were so young it's funny.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

the end of the weekend for me.......

today i saw 2 films that had to do with fathers and daughters....both of them were good.....but each in a different way.....

the first one film was...... 'comme une image' (look at me).....it's in french with english subtitles....where a young woman looks for love and approval from her selfish father.........

and the second film is 'the ballad of jack and rose'....a father and daughter live on an island off the atlantic coast in 1986.....in a relationship bordering on incest......daniel day-lewis is always a joy to see....but camilla belle is really the one to watch....also look for an appearance by jena malone....who i almost didn't recognize..........the film also features an excellent soundtrack.......

trailer here

Old 04-05-2005, 12:57 AM
Master Fan

Jesus Christ Superstar - hadn't seen it in ages and I had forgotten how cool it is With all its 70s hippy dances.

Photographs
Blog
Old 04-05-2005, 01:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love Jesus Christ Superstar. I listen to the soundtrack occasionally.

Sasha
Old 04-05-2005, 07:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

The last movie I saw was The Terminal. It was better than I expected. I'm not a huge Tom Hanks fan, but I really liked him in this.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:29 AM
New Fan

The last film was "Be cool", it was very funny. We've laughed all the time.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:08 AM
Elite Fan

Dead Man Walking - I have nothing to say save for WOW. My heart was bleeding from the beginning which is weird since I had tried watching this before and didn't last 10 minutes. A few days ago it was heaven, what a movie! There's nothing I could say to make it justice.

Vera Drake - That was depressing, and good! It touched on the abortion subject with class.

Ladder 49 - Didn't like it. Predicatble, too many cliches, sometimes I didn't know what the hell was going on and what's worse -- it was too obvious.

Stage Beauty - A charmer! The dialogue in my opinion was to die for... It was fresh, quick, sometimes really dirty others quite serious and thoughtful. I loved the observations and the performances were right up there with the best. I may get the DVD sometime! Claire Danes and Billy Crudup have beautiful chemistry!

Last edited by ROCKSTAR; 04-05-2005 at 10:17 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread